Cruising for Eternity

There are more acceptable mixes in the Schwartz range, it's pretty varied and they have some extra fancy-blends too, which look OK, they're all on the website!

Fiddes Payne do great Indian spice blends Indian curry spices and authentic curry powder | Fiddes Payne and these do contain only spices, no sugar or any other additives - makes a great curry with yoghurt and an onion bhaji!

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Galette

Snack: Ham
Dinner: Grilled Turkey and King Prawns, Herb Broth
Snack: Galette... and meringue

Exercise: Mini Stepper and crunches

Thinking about the dairy... all I have is Muller yoghurts right now - never had one myself, but bought them because they're on offer in Tesco for my husband (who is on stabilisation).

Spending the evening in London so I'll make the most of PV this afternoon!

Yesterday: Added a little dairy as a test.

Breakfast: Galette with 1tbsp Muller Toffee
Lunch: Grilled Turkey w/ Roasted Swede and Leeks
Dinner: Didn't have dinner till 1am - had the rest of what I made for lunch!
Snack: Galette
200ml Milk

Exercise: Nothing specific, but spent the evening in London so a lot of walking around, up and down flights of stairs on the Underground!

Had over the oatbran limit yesterday, probably double the amount.
I was so hungry when I got back at night, all I felt like cooking were the galettes! I didn't think a little extra oatbran was the worst type of cheating, though!

London is a tiring place to be... and those escalators are endless! ugh! Hope you had a good time! (Cinema? theatre?)

I was in London for a live gig, so it was a pretty energetic night!

Thursday:

Breakfast: Galette with a 1tbsp Muller Toffee
Lunch: Thai Chicken Stri-Fry
Dinner: Roast Turkey and Vegetables
Snack: Galette, 200ml Milk

Exercise: Running, plus a long walk

Friday:

Lunch: Roast Chicken
Dinner: Grilled Home Made Steak Burgers
Snack: Galette with Meringue

Had over the oatbran again, plus started to have fish for lunch and them realised it was smoked :(

Exercise: Long walk - about an hour, plus Crunches.

So I weighed myself in the week which as a rule I don't do, but I felt a difference, and discovered I had lost another 2lbs! Weighed again today and am pleased that I am still maintaining - hopeful to keep it up!

Only 4lbs from my goal now :)

ooo what gig was it

Excellent re weight loss! cutting down on dairy really did break that plateau. Are you planning on putting some back in now though? (I never ate much dairy "in my previous life", but do a bit now for my old bones' sake!)

Didn't think anyone here would know who he is, dukandebut! You surprised me :D

Dairy: I have reintroduced some dairy on a couple of PV days, but found I got really bloated afterwards - I hate being one weight but looking 20lbs heavier :mad: I end up feeling disheartened because I can't tell how well I'm doing or not. I'm gradually introducing a little more at a time though.

I've had a stomach bug the last couple of days which again is screwing me over as far as losses go, currently a 1lb heavier than the last weigh in :(

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Galette, 200ml Milk
Snack: Sliced Chicken and Salad
Dinner: Grilled Steak Burgers with Roasted Vegetables
Snack: Porridge, Muller Light

And a couple of other random snacks of chicken here and there.

Exercise: Pilates!

Sunday:

Lunch: Grilled Chicken and Leeks
Dinner: Roast Chicken and Vegetables

Exercise: Mini Stepper, Pilates

Plus I baked scones for a cream tea - fortunately I managed to resist!

Back to PP today so trying to be extra strict. I've still been having a little too much oatbran which is a bad habit to get into!

I love my music loud and shouty, Brownie - even at my advanced and ancient age. ;-)

Anyway, I wonder if you have a bit of a sensitivity to dairy? Some people who don't manage well on it find that plain yoghurt is okay for them. How about maybe trying ditching the Muller and other flavoured yoghurt, but buying some plain fat-free and adding sweetener and spices (cinnamon, etc) instead?

Sorry to hear about your tummy bug. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon and then notice some losses.

(I always thought tummy bugs were GOOD for our weigh ins... albeit temporarily!!!)

Sorry to hear you've been unwell BE...

I've tried meringues more than once and I did get them more or less OK but they had to be eaten pretty quickly from the oven. Can you tell us more about yours? I actually managed to get a pretty palatable Dukan "lemon meringue pie" together once! <takes a bow>

I know I always manage to hold a lot of water weight, which I am guessing is why I am weighing in more at the moment. This is why I don't do mid-week weigh-ins!!!

I just had three inches taken in from the waist of some trousers that fitted after I initially lost weight on the diet, which is something at least!

As for the meringues: A lot of trial and error with this one, it took some practice to get them the way I like them!

2 sachets Dr. Oetker Egg White Powder (One sachet contains the equivalent of 2 whites).
Splenda and/or Canderel

Preheat fan oven at 130 degrees.

Mix the whites with water as specified. Once combined I add around 6 tablespoons of sweetener. I either use Splenda or a mix of half Splenda and half Canderel.

I find Canderel has a strong chemical aftertaste, but it's a lot cheaper than the Splenda and it works sufficiently to bulk up the mixture.

Whisk the mixture as per a normal meringue mix, until it forms stiff peaks.

Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray. For soft, lemon-meringue-pie style meringue, spoon large amounts of the mixture, or spread it thickly. For crunchy style meringue, spoon smaller amounts or spread it thinner.

Cook for approximately 16-20 minutes, or as long as preferred.

Now, it depends on what type of meringue you're going for - if you want the crisp, crunchy meringues, let the meringues remain in the hot oven until it has cooled. For a the soft meringues, remove from the oven.

For me this yields pretty much an entire baking tray, so it's fairly substantial!

Looking fwd to making these over midterm but am wondering what to do if using real eggwgites... Just mix in the splenda???? Thanx xxxx

Usually, when you making regular meringues, you whisk the whites first, until they form stiff peaks - just don't overwhisk. Then you whisk in the sugar afterwards.

So if you're making Dukan-friendly meringues, I would whisk the whites first and then add the Splenda/Sweetener and whisk again.

Warning though, you will need an electric whisk - or a bionic arm.

My knowledge of baking is probably what brought me to starting the diet in the first place :eek:

Thank you BE... you do indeed use the same method I do (but explain it so much better... perhaps you might cut and paste your "recipe" into the recipe section for the others?). I can enjoy my meringue crispy, having left it in the oven to dry out, IF I eat it straight from the oven... but, alas an hour or two later, it's a chewy soft mess...

Still, they're Dukan friendly and make a change so I'll have another go one weekend!

Thanks!

PS - if you have any tips for cooking with konjac noodles, I'm all ears. I bought some last night, have a few recipes from internet, but would appreciate some personal advice!

I just looked up those noodles, they sound pretty good!

I could imagine making a 'traditional' Chinese or Thai style dish, with a lemon sauce (super easy to make, if the citric acid isn't a concern) or a dark, HoiSin type of sauce - again, pretty simple.

Other than that, an Italian style dish would work - spaghetti, steak mince, meatballs...
Italian Arrabbiata sauce is very Dukan friendly; it's great on PV days anyway but would probably be perfect with noodles. If you use a low-fat soft cheese without worrying, you could easily make a creamy pasta style sauce, the best would probably be a traditional ragu, Bolognese style!

Yesterday:

Lunch: Steak Burger
Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Bouillon Broth

Exercise: Running, plus crunches.

Would like to go running at the moment but it's freezing!

they take on any flavour you chuck at them and they really have the texture of noodles , cut them up a bit too as they can come quite long ......i did mine with soy sauce and a dash of sherry tut tut for a chow mein added mushrooms chicken and prawns yum yum...im off to order some now

Tut tut @ the sherry indeed!!!

It's really so easy to make different sauces without the 'naughty' ingredients.

I believe the majority of Chinese sauces are made using cornflour as the base ingredient of the roux - adding reduced salt soy sauce, wine vinegar, sweetener etc. with garlic and chilli makes a decent Hoisin sauce.
Chinese lemon sauce is fundamentally the same, except to the cornflour roux add lemon and/or lime juice, wine vinegar and sweetener.

Stir-fry vegetables are easily available and again, very simple. Now I want some of these noodles to try!

lol i wouldnt normally, but a friend who owns a chinese rest ...told me they put a dash of sherry in , lovely it was too ...
going to try the lemon one that sounds nice

Back