Cruising for Eternity

put like that... we all eat far more weird combinations on a daily basis...

You'd be surprised... some of my PP plates surprise even me! Some people put "chicken" and eat I presume a decent quantity thereof. I, however, get bored eating a decent quantity of one food*, so I tend to have a little of several things. Several proteiny things. Which don't necessarily compliment each other!

* diet food... that comment does not count where carby foods are concerned, where my appetite knows no boundaries!

Well, in my previous life, I wouldn't have contemplated having a 5% fat "burger" with a runny fried egg and a spoonful of fromage blanc on the same plate!

Or any day when we have, say, chicken and steak! Instead of chicken + veg; steak and salad...

Brownie - sorry that we've been camping out in your diary chatting... we'll clear up our mess as we leave!

You know you're well in when your diary has had squatters!

Last edited:
ooh my fave

baked ham with mashed swede in toffee muller light sauce :D

I actually DO put yoghurt in my mashed veg! :D

Plain yoghurt, though, or fromage frais. Makes it taste lovely and creamy!

I also enjoy sausage rolls with butter and strawberry jam on the top. (Not whilst on Dukan, obviously.) :eek::eek:

mmm chicken dipped in muller toffee yogurt

You are quite welcome to hijack the thread :D

Personally up until I started the diet I never ate red meat, ever. Now I quite look forward to having steak, and yes, like you say steak with chicken or prawns or whatever!

The Garlic Chilli chicken is beyond simple: I just use the Schwartz Garlic Italian Blend plus some extra chilli flakes. You can use it as a rub and grill it, or lightly stir fry.

Usually I would add some tomato puree and the lowest fat soft cheese or fromage frais for a pasta-style sauce but I'm being more strict at the moment.

Some of the Schwartz blends do contain some not-allowed ingredients, but they're in a really negligible quantity and only around a teaspoon is necessary.

As for the swede... I figure it is along the same lines as the rules regarding carrots: Fine to have, but not with every meal. Usually I make a puree it with yoghurt and spice and use it as the base of a korma-style sauce. It's actually really good, it's not even like a diet version, great if you miss Indian food!

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Oatbran Galette
Lunch: Scrambled Eggs and Ham
Dinner: Chargrill spiced Chicken and Prawns
Snack: Oatbran Porridge and Yoghurt

Exercise: Running

I actually DO put yoghurt in my mashed veg! :D

Plain yoghurt, though, or fromage frais. Makes it taste lovely and creamy!

I also enjoy sausage rolls with butter and strawberry jam on the top. (Not whilst on Dukan, obviously.) :eek::eek:

serious? sausage rolls with jam on? how did you find that one out?

mmm chicken dipped in muller toffee yogurt

Sis you bumped your head? :p stop making me crave weird foods :( I have no muller lights in lol xx

Am I wrong to imagine that it might actually taste quite nice? (I love sweet and savoury mixed.) :eek:

I'm wondering about it now too! :)

You are quite welcome to hijack the thread :D

Personally up until I started the diet I never ate red meat, ever. Now I quite look forward to having steak, and yes, like you say steak with chicken or prawns or whatever!

The Garlic Chilli chicken is beyond simple: I just use the Schwartz Garlic Italian Blend plus some extra chilli flakes. You can use it as a rub and grill it, or lightly stir fry.

Usually I would add some tomato puree and the lowest fat soft cheese or fromage frais for a pasta-style sauce but I'm being more strict at the moment.

Some of the Schwartz blends do contain some not-allowed ingredients, but they're in a really negligible quantity and only around a teaspoon is necessary.

As for the swede... I figure it is along the same lines as the rules regarding carrots: Fine to have, but not with every meal. Usually I make a puree it with yoghurt and spice and use it as the base of a korma-style sauce. It's actually really good, it's not even like a diet version, great if you miss Indian food!

Yesterday:

Lunch: Scrambled Eggs and Ham
Dinner: Chargrill spiced Chicken and Prawns
Snack: Oatbran Porridge and Yoghurt

your korma style sauce sounds great! - recipe? x

I'll have to check out that Schwartz range next time in England... keep the ideas coming!

serious? sausage rolls with jam on? how did you find that one out?

Absolutely serious! :D

When I was a little girl, we used to have a lovely tea on Saturday afternoons - with a sandwich, slice of homemade pie, homemade cake, etc - and it was all put onto one plate. (We're weren't very posh!)

Anyway, my sausage roll was next to a fruit scone with butter and jam and some rubbed off onto it. It tasted delicious! And from that moment on, I was pretty much hooked. :eek:

Monday:

Breakfast: Oatbran Galette and Yoghurt
Lunch: Chicken
Snack: Yoghurt
Dinner: Thai Chicken and Prawns with Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
Snack: Small Fruit Yoghurt and Oatbran Galette

Exercise: A lame ride on the exercise bike!

Yesterday:

Dinner: Home Made Steak Burgers and Chilli Prawns
Snack: Oatbran Porridge

Haven't weighed myself since the weekend. Feeling like I wake up slimmer, but then change my mind after breakfast!

Wondering about trying 5 days PP/PV as referenced in the book, instead of 1 day PP/PV. Maybe I ought to up my exercise more, or modify it :confused:

You'll never poo again! ;)

Sorry but the 5/5 is terrible for that, and only recommended for really hefty people at the outset of their diet. Perhaps your body is telling you you're there?

I see 2 x galettes - splitting the mix in two and eating little for breakfast?

Yes, I split the mix for two galettes, but save the majority for breakfast.
For the main duration of the diet I had porridge for breakfast but get far less hunger pangs if I have the galette.

Maybe 2/2 would be a better compromise!
I know there's a chance that I am at an 'ideal' weight now, but I want to get back to what I was before I got ill, before Christmas.
It's driving me crazy that I am so close though, another 7lbs shouldn't be that difficult!

Yesterday:

SO hungry yesterday!

Dinner: Garlic Chicken and with Spinach, Leeks and Mushrooms... and then a home made steak burger!
Snack: Oatbran Galette and small fruit yoghurt

Exercise: Boring bike again, for an hour this time.

Probably having way too much yoghurt, but for the most part this is plain yoghurt just with sweetner.

How much dairy total, do you think? (galette included)

Back