Cruising my way to Cuba

looks good am now nosing round thinking ohhh look sugar free carb free sweets ...yum yum

Not a bad site at all!

I've heard the Walden Farm sauces on there are okay but a bit pricey, especially if you buy more than one.

Not a bad site at all!

I've heard the Walden Farm sauces on there are okay but a bit pricey, especially if you buy more than one.

yes but one thing this diet does teach us is moderation is the key so they will last (unlike before i went dukan i would smother my food in it)

yes but one thing this diet does teach us is moderation is the key so they will last (unlike before i went dukan i would smother my food in it)

Most definitely :)

I'm craving some chip shop chips though. Will have to make some alternatives when I finally make the pizza.

Please do let me know what they are like as im a little dubious Ive heard good and bad things about these noodles!! please let me know because i am a spag bol lover!! i usually eat a tonne of pasta.
Also i heard they do a rice substitute in these shirataki noodles is that true?

Update: The noodles hold the flavour well but are very rubbery in texture.

Maybe they are nicer when fresh out the pan (as I made them last night?).

I feel really full and I only had 100g with Tuna.

I can get used to it but it defo wont be to everyone's liking :rolleyes:

rubbery!!! hmmmm not the best drescriptive word when talking about food lol!! think i'll give them a miss.

Oh dear, well that was a failure! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting an absolute spaghetti / pasta replica but that was just a total let down. The only likeness was that it was long strings in appearance.
I am generally quite good at mind over matter when it comes to teaching myself to like certain foods it it would be beneficial but I can't see that I am ever going to convince myself on this one...it was like eating slimey, wet, jellied tentacles.
To give them some flavour I mixed the bolognese into it and let it stand for a while to let the flavours infuse but that seemed impossible on account of the noodles being mostly water content so already completely saturated.
Initially I thought it must have been the way I prepared them maybe going a little wrong but I googled it and id all which other consumers seemingly had done.
I just don't think this one is for me but at least I know I gave it go :D

Hi I agree the noodles are their own texture, defo not pasta or noodles, but I did like them in a stir fry with veg n chicken, I did the soaking in boiled water for 5 after rinsing well, then stir fried them they bulked it out but werent any better than having grated cauli for rice. I wont be rushing to have them again too muc though, liek u I gave them a go but am happy with chicken and veg! Good to know I wasnt the only one who got excited over oreos!! I have been having (esp totm) sugar free werthers' not as nice as full sugar ones but hit the spot !
Have a great dukan week :D

Oh dear, well that was a failure! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting an absolute spaghetti / pasta replica but that was just a total let down. The only likeness was that it was long strings in appearance.
I am generally quite good at mind over matter when it comes to teaching myself to like certain foods it it would be beneficial but I can't see that I am ever going to convince myself on this one...it was like eating slimey, wet, jellied tentacles.
To give them some flavour I mixed the bolognese into it and let it stand for a while to let the flavours infuse but that seemed impossible on account of the noodles being mostly water content so already completely saturated.
Initially I thought it must have been the way I prepared them maybe going a little wrong but I googled it and id all which other consumers seemingly had done.

As I said to Joodle, I think mine were rubbery as I cooked them at night and didn't eat them until the next day (lunch).

I might try chopping them up to make 'rice' and have it with some chicken and veg tonight.

Hi I agree the noodles are their own texture, defo not pasta or noodles, but I did like them in a stir fry with veg n chicken, I did the soaking in boiled water for 5 after rinsing well, then stir fried them they bulked it out but werent any better than having grated cauli for rice. I wont be rushing to have them again too muc though, liek u I gave them a go but am happy with chicken and veg! Good to know I wasnt the only one who got excited over oreos!! I have been having (esp totm) sugar free werthers' not as nice as full sugar ones but hit the spot !
Have a great dukan week :D

I still have 5 packets to use up so I will defo be more inventive, as I hate spending money on things I won't use lol!

I love love love Werthers Originals, where did you buy them from?

they sound awful from what everyone on here is saying, dont get me wrong i'm up for trying anything once but i dont think im going to bother with these as i havent heard form anyone saying they are nice or clear instructions on preperation fo rthem so thats a no no for me.

On a brighter note hows the wieght loss going? i'm weighing tomorrow so will post on my diary fingers crossed xxx

Charly, I've just noticed you cracked that next stone zone! Congratulations!!!!
I had a gain which although it was anticipated it was still a bitter pill. I have been 100% on it this week so far and have entered full hibernation mode other than going to the gym as I am determined to get this excess gone before my holidays. I have 2 months to go and I am feeling really positive which is really bizarre for me as normally at this point I adopt the 'no time to save me now' mentality.
I am trying the 5/5 cruise phase for the next few weeks to see if I find that any easier to fit lifestyle - how are you getting along?

Kirsty, since you posted about Werthers, I had to go and get some for myself and they have been a lifesaver! I have such a sweet tooth and they have sorted me right out so thank you! :thankyou:

I have my last packet of jellied noodles tonight and just wondered if any of you who have tried them, have discovered any kind of ingenious ways of making them palatable? Your tips will be gratefully accepted :sign0137:

I had a gain which although it was anticipated it was still a bitter pill. I have been 100% on it this week so far and have entered full hibernation mode other than going to the gym as I am determined to get this excess gone before my holidays. I have 2 months to go and I am feeling really positive which is really bizarre for me as normally at this point I adopt the 'no time to save me now' mentality.
I am trying the 5/5 cruise phase for the next few weeks to see if I find that any easier to fit lifestyle - how are you getting along?

Kirsty, since you posted about Werthers, I had to go and get some for myself and they have been a lifesaver! I have such a sweet tooth and they have sorted me right out so thank you! :thankyou:

I have my last packet of jellied noodles tonight and just wondered if any of you who have tried them, have discovered any kind of ingenious ways of making them palatable? Your tips will be gratefully accepted :sign0137:

I've only had them stir-fried and I'm forcing myself to get used to the texture as they're a life-saver :)

Try chopping them up to make 'rice'. You could have it with some Dukan Diet Coke Chicken?

Last edited:
yes all going along nicely, although last night i would have considered chopping off my arm for some crackers and cheese, it was mental, i really had a craving!! and also if i'd have chopped my arm off i could have eaten what it wieghs in crackers and then been the same weight lol (i had it all planned out) ended up just drinking lots of sweetened with sweetner tea instead ... still fancied crackers, but im determind not to cheat!!!! sticking with my 1/1 pv n pp days as they are working for me but i find the pv days torture i'm so hungry on them, maybe its all in the mind but seriously ravenous!!! discovered quark in the last week ...omg i love it!!!! i always thought it would be disgusting but seriously it isnt!!
i know how you feel with the no saving me now (my favorite slogan ...usually) but it so isn't true is it! keep positive sweet and you'll be loving yourself on that holiday, i wish i was going away but this year everything is hectic, think maybe after i've achieved all i want this year then i might go book a lovely treat for me and my boys go to spain or something, that would be amazing!! anyway listen to me dreaming on lol speak soon xxxxx

I'm good thanks for asking, just trying to resist temptation whilst staying at my grandads without any good foods but I'm determined I'm going to manage it! How's it going with you? Have you got past the tough couple of days you were having?
30 day shred? I do actually have the DVD and I completed it last year...Jillian is awesome! I would love to get back to it but currently too manic with work, college, driving lessons and caring for a poorly grandad etc... So just trying to fit in as many lunch gym sessions as possible to remain active.
Must soldier on :D

30 day shred what is this???

Back