Cruising my way to Cuba

I just realised one downside to my lack of weigh-in this week...no weigh-day treat!!! (assuming I would have lost, that is)

I'm really feeling in need chocolate! I keep reading about diabetic chocolate but I am desperately trying to resist because I need ​to get me my beach bod.

I keep reading about diabetic chocolate but I am desperately trying to resist because I need ​to get me my beach bod.

me too i work in a shop and keep staring at it! i think if i try it and like it i will loose all my will power!!

just keep telling yourself its not allowed ;)

OK, confession time...
Last night I was so trying to be good and I have been positively angelic for the last week or so but apparently my clean sweep was not meant to last...I caved!
As I have mentioned, I'm currently staying with my Grandad who ALWAYS has a 'healthy' supply of chocolates, cakes and biscuits. Normally I rely on a trusty duffin or gallette to curb my cravings as h'es munchin away but last night the oat bran cupboard was bare! I ended up eating a Kipling raspberry ripple slice, trifle bakewell and half a shortbread biscuit until my conscience kicked in and stopped me in my tracks.
Previously I would have thought nothing of having a 'snack' like that but now i feel like an absolute failure, clearly Dukan is helping by way of adjusting my views of certain foods but I really can not wait to get to the point where I can eat (not specifically cakes obviously) and not feel like a complete criminal...I guess that's more incentive to stay on the straight and narrow (pun definitely intended) :D

no1rangersgirl said:
OK, confession time...
Last night I was so trying to be good and I have been positively angelic for the last week or so but apparently my clean sweep was not meant to last...I caved!
As I have mentioned, I'm currently staying with my Grandad who ALWAYS has a 'healthy' supply of chocolates, cakes and biscuits. Normally I rely on a trusty duffin or gallette to curb my cravings as h'es munchin away but last night the oat bran cupboard was bare! I ended up eating a Kipling raspberry ripple slice, trifle bakewell and half a shortbread biscuit until my conscience kicked in and stopped me in my tracks.
Previously I would have thought nothing of having a 'snack' like that but now i feel like an absolute failure, clearly Dukan is helping by way of adjusting my views of certain foods but I really can not wait to get to the point where I can eat (not specifically cakes obviously) and not feel like a complete criminal...I guess that's more incentive to stay on the straight and narrow (pun definitely intended) :D

Brilliant!! God were all slipping this month arnt we!!
Just drink loads and up your protein that's what I'm doing!!xx

Tell me about it lol!

My only slip today has been eating 1 lettuce leaf, 1 cherry tom and 2 slices of cucumber with my steak at lunch.

It's supposed to be a pp day but I reckon I haven't done too badly :D

Tell me about it lol!

My only slip today has been eating 1 lettuce leaf, 1 cherry tom and 2 slices of cucumber with my steak at lunch.

It's supposed to be a pp day but I reckon I haven't done too badly :D

Slip?! That's not a blooming slip! lol. Well done you for managing to keep some control though.

Laura, I have been doing exactly that...I think my job be at risk, Im taking so much time out to nip to the loo :rolleyes:
Just went to the gym for my boot camp class to hopefully rectify some of my naughtiness so hopefully come the weekend, it will all be forgotten!

At least we know we all have an awesome group of supporters when we need them :D

OK so I managed to resist the cakes and biscuits last night - how? By doing 200 sit-ups and 100 push-ups as an intervention for boredom hunger. It certainly kept me occupied for a little while and will obviously help in my battle with being a holiday beached whale but it by no means gave me as much pleasure as those yummy little baddies...

OK so I managed to resist the cakes and biscuits last night - how? By doing 200 sit-ups and 100 push-ups as an intervention for boredom hunger. It certainly kept me occupied for a little while and will obviously help in my battle with being a holiday beached whale but it by no means gave me as much pleasure as those yummy little baddies...

100 push ups?! Thats amazing!

My wrists have grown weak over the years, so I have to limit the amount I do.

Well done missy!

100 push ups?! Thats amazing!

My wrists have grown weak over the years, so I have to limit the amount I do.

Well done missy!

Thanks chick! Don't be fooled though, it wasn't 100 continuously - I had to do 5 sets of 20 with 30 second break in-between. Its taken me ages to get to this point, a year ago I would collapse under the strain after 1 set x

Thanks chick! Don't be fooled though, it wasn't 100 continuously - I had to do 5 sets of 20 with 30 second break in-between. Its taken me ages to get to this point, a year ago I would collapse under the strain after 1 set x

It's still ver applaudable :D

Push-ups are an absolute pain...literally lol!

Loving your stamina and drive to exercise.....wish it was transferable, i'm a lazy b****r :zz:

Getting fed up at the mo, I seem to have one good weight loss a month no matter how much work i put in for the rest of the month.
I'm weighing again on Sunday and hoping for really good results but I'm getting a serious bout of fatso blues (feel fat, make it better by eating sh*t...then feel worse) coming on. So far I have managed to stay strong and exercise in moments of temptation, but finding it hard to keep focus when I'm getting nothing in return...Does my body not realise I have a holiday to go on in three weeks!?!

no1rangersgirl said:
Getting fed up at the mo, I seem to have one good weight loss a month no matter how much work i put in for the rest of the month.
I'm weighing again on Sunday and hoping for really good results but I'm getting a serious bout of fatso blues (feel fat, make it better by eating sh*t...then feel worse) coming on. So far I have managed to stay strong and exercise in moments of temptation, but finding it hard to keep focus when I'm getting nothing in return...Does my body not realise I have a holiday to go on in three weeks!?!

This was me last week as you probably saw so I can completely understand
Just wait though as all of a sudden it will catch up. Also have u been doing alot of exercise as I've stopped doing insanity as it kept giving me a gain,it was to much muscle work where as because I've still got fat to loose I need cardio
Hope your ok and chin up your still doing fab! Xx

This was me last week as you probably saw so I can completely understand
Just wait though as all of a sudden it will catch up. Also have u been doing alot of exercise as I've stopped doing insanity as it kept giving me a gain,it was to much muscle work where as because I've still got fat to loose I need cardio

I try to stick to cardio only but with small doses of toning exercises but my body just seems to want to resist at the mo. I keep trying to tell myself that even though I'm only getting one good loss, I'm not gaining and its a loss I wouldn't have if I wasn't doing this....its just really hard to keep the focus.
This week I've tried to cut out all tolerated items so fingers crossed it will have an effect come weigh in on Sunday!
How have you been since your momentary blip? Are you back in the zone? You have been doing amazingly well, I bet people are really starting to mention it now aswell?!

Also have u been doing alot of exercise as I've stopped doing insanity as it kept giving me a gain,it was to much muscle work where as because I've still got fat to loose I need cardio
i was saying that to ceridwen the day before yesterday. its a funny old thing exercise and because the dukan diet is high protein it encourages muscle growth apparently! (i read that somewhere).

stick with it no1ranger u will get through it! just having a little stall. i have had them on other diets and it has put me right off the diet and made me indulge, i hope this week shows some results for you to keep your spirits up xx

i was saying that to ceridwen the day before yesterday. its a funny old thing exercise and because the dukan diet is high protein it encourages muscle growth apparently! (i read that somewhere).

stick with it no1ranger u will get through it! just having a little stall. i have had them on other diets and it has put me right off the diet and made me indulge, i hope this week shows some results for you to keep your spirits up xx

Thanks ladies, its good to know that others have gone through the same and got past it - its give me a little hope at very least!

ok, thats it. I'm back and bigger than ever (ok maybe not ever, but at least pre-holiday).
Malta was good, but I am glad to be back and have got my indulgent holiday cravings out of my system. I now have 2 months until I go to Cuba and I really really want to get this right!
I am now going to concentrate on my running and make sure it is done at least 4 times a week but ideally 5. I will try to fit in some gym classes too but as long as I have the running and home toning under my hat, I will be happy.
Having this holiday has made me realise just how stop start I have been and how much I need to get my focus back so heres to a determined two months ahead and a confident lifetime beyond that! :cool:

I've just realised I managed to avoid any real fessing-up of how much I gained/now weigh in that last entry...so, over 2 weeks I have managed to gain a whopping 9lb...yep you read it right! I now weigh a rather squidgy 11st 7lb!
I have tried to start today but I'm completely unprepared so I am going to try a to eat with a clear 'damage limitation' view today and will be starting a full throttle Attack phase tomorrow and for the rest of the working week.

Back