Crunchy Dukan Biscuits

curvygirlie

I've given up on galettes (too messy),
I moved onto muffins (too soggy, eggy)

and after of eating those for 10 days, I'm ruddy sick of 'em.

I've today moved on to crunchy dukan biscuits (no egg) and they are actually rather good.

I've made a batch of cinnamon ones and another lot with butterscotch. Going to add almond extract on the next batch so they're a bit like amaretti biscuits

I've attached a photo- they taste better than they look....

Attachments

• 01092011741.jpg
    01092011741.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,288
Hi curvygirlie, thank for sharing those lovely photos! :)

I would like to try them but I can't find the recipe, would you or someone let me know where to find it?

here it is: Can an expert check to see if any should be marked as tolerated items?

these amounts make 4 Cookies (2 days worth on PP and PV)

for attack, omit 1 tbsp wheat bran and lemon juice.

3 Tbsp. Oat Bran
1 Tbsp. wheat bran
1 Tbsp. FF Yogurt
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
Splenda, to taste (i use 3 or 4 tablespoons but I like them sweet)
Vanilla essence or any other essence/spice
Parchment Paper

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir. In another bowl mix the yoghurt with the lemon juice then add to the dry ingredients.

Place sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray

Lightly wet your hands with water so the dough doesn't stick to them when you pick up the dough to divide it into four even round balls.

Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper and flatten out so it is about 1-2 cm thick.

bake in the oven for 15 mins @ 180 degrees celsius (gas mark 4)

THEN!!... take baking tray out of oven and TURN the biscuits over and put back in oven for ANOTHER 5 minutes. This makes the bottom of the biscuit crunchy .​

leave to cool on a baking tray

Last edited:
If you read the first paragraph, you will see it says 4 :D

4 cookies, 2 per day

i personally, double up the quantities and make 8 cookies, then split the mixture in half just before rolling into balls. i then put different flavouring in each batch so i have 4 cookies of 1 flavour and the other 4 a different flavour

Anyone tried making them with just oatbran? I dont really need the wheatbran if you get my meaning ;)

i think i'm going to have to rename them crunchy / chewy dukan biscuits as they come out of the oven nice and crispy but the biscuits i had for breakfast the next day had lost their crunchiness and turned chewy! Still tasted good though....

I will experiment this afternoon in my quest for crunchiness and update this thread later today/tonight.

right I've tweaked it and it seems to have made the biscuits crunchy.

Any changes I've made are in red font, so if you want chewy cookies ignore the red font. If you want crunchy, follow the updated red text.

"these amounts make 4 Cookies (2 days worth on PP and PV)

for attack, omit 1 tbsp wheat bran and lemon juice.

3 Tbsp. Oat Bran
1 Tbsp. wheat bran
1 Tbsp. FF Yogurt 3/4 tbsp (three quarters of a tbsp)
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Lemon Juice 3/4 tbsp (three quarters of a tbsp)
Splenda, to taste (i use 3 or 4 tablespoons but I like them sweet)
Vanilla essence or any other essence/spice
Parchment Paper

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir. In another bowl mix the yoghurt with the lemon juice then add to the dry ingredients.

Place sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray

Lightly wet your hands with water so the dough doesn't stick to them when you pick up the dough to divide it into four even round balls.

Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper and flatten out so it is about 1-2 cm thick. Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper and flatten with the back of a wet tablespoon to 1cm thickness (thinner makes the biscuit crunchier)

bake in the oven for 15 mins @ 180 degrees celsius (gas mark 4)
30 mins @ 160 degrees celsius (just under gas mark 3)

THEN!!... take baking tray out of oven and TURN the biscuits over and put back in oven for ANOTHER 5 10 minutes. This makes the bottom of the biscuit crunchy .​

leave to cool on a baking tray"

I hope this makes sense, give me a shout if it doesn't... x

Last edited:
Just waiting for my first batch to cook! I used baking powder as I wasn't sure what baking soda was?

After thinking about it should I have used bicarbonate of soda?

baking powder is what i use, i tweaked it from a recipe i found hence why it says soda. i'll edit the post now...

really? lol! what r u like?

which way did u go, chewy or crunchy??

I made them from the 1st recipe - but I put too much Splenda in as I added some of my gingerbread syrup as well - too sweet but tasted ok - I'll make them again definitely.

I know! Very naughty but figured it's better than normal biscuits, just!

Went crispy and they were fab!

How many can you have on attack? Won't be eating the whole batch again!!

If you're on attack, ditch the wheatbran and lemon juice. Just use 3tbsp of oatbran (which is 2 days allowance on attack so
you'd need to split the cookies into 2 days

I'd also reduce the amount of yoghurt slightly as you're reducing the dry ingredients... x

Back