Cupcakes fight against the cake tin !

I totally understand where you are coming from - I blame my bf for my weight gain too, because even though he doesn't have a big appetitie, he would graze all day long if he could. I make big meals and half them, and I'm usually the one who will clear my plate. Thankfully, the only thing that's changed for me is that it's SW food we're both eating now. He still goes off to work and has choc and crisps every couple of hours, but when he eats with me, he eats well!!!

:grouphugg: Thanks guys those messages cheered me up :) .

Yeah mum does have a rough time, it sucks coz they origionally thought it was just low then later after years of promising her when they got the thyroxine right she'd drop the weight and her stressign when she kept gaining that it actually doesnt work at all! bless her, she did lighter life the other year and did really well on it, but shes gained a stone back coz she really does struggle and is getting it off with the cambridge diet now coz she has to have a op on her foot in a month or so that leaves her unable to move for 6 weeks shes stressing bless.

Still no loss today still about a lb over what i was but thats ok, ive managed three compeltly synn free and no snack in the afternoon days ive done my runs when i should so im feeling rather optomistic about the next week or so, i currently have a stone to loose, i hope by next week, it will be less than that!

I brought a Kitkat in superdrug yday afternoon (i dont know why!!!) anyway i have been trying to break old habits, and only letting my self snack in the morning because 5 hours between brekkie and lunch is a haul where as 3 between lunch and home is easyish, anyway i really wanted to crack it open, i contemplated my pepsi can trick, but i put it to the back of my mind and . . . didnt open it, didnt obsesse over it *progress :D * it did get cracked open this morning (its a four finger one) BUUUUTTT i ate half of one finger (aprox 25 cal which seems a joke for the amount i ate - off topic but those 10p bags of haribo 50 cals each. .. not worth it!) - i know i should be measuring in syns but random facts etc lol but yeah i then gave the rest to my boss, who grinned and scoffed the lot and sent me to make him coffee to wash it down with (just so you dont think im weirder than you prob already do i work for my dad , i wouldnt have given a half eaten kitkkat finger to anyone else lol)

He did also then truely test my resolve by sending me to greggs to get his lunch "if i felt i could resist " lol anyone else i would have refused, but as he is still on the mend from a rather large op in Dec and i want him eating properly and healthly i went (he only got a ham salad sub roll there pretty good healthy wise if your not on a diet lol ) he even checked the change to make sure i hadnt brought anything else and scoffed it on the way back . . . not an unknown phenominom with me lol !

But yeah so im feeling much better, i managed not to rustle through mums cupboards at lunch , other than to pick dad up a packet of go ahead bars for afternoon snack, and i neeaarrrllly brought a milka & dime bar when i went in thing me bobs but i put it down and walked away :) ( im feeling a bit smug with myself atm . . . i suspect im going to have a *fall on face * moment soon it usually happens,) but im going shopping with mum tomo which usually in my head equals hot choc and panini from costa, but i will be good, and will take a little pack of something sw friendly to eat its already planned so hopefully we might be ok, one of us usally caves hopefully we will both be good though. . . but after three syn free days and three runs, i think ill still be ok if i do cave but, id rather not. . purely for my mental state rather than anything :) hows everyone elses friday afternoons going, i came to work half an hour early and for some reason havent booked to go home early and boss man has already left so i cant really ask to go now boo, still if im on here its not like im really doing much oops. . . maybe i should crack on . . thats the problem with a family business. . . you do actually feel bad for dossing, but i do generally go above and beyond for my dear old pa so i feel entitled too occasionally . . like today :)

Well done on being so focussed. Remember you are allowed to eat your syns tho. Don't want you feeling deprived and losing the plot!!! Well done on the Kit Kat, I'd have had it all scoffed before even looking at cals etc!! xx

Right ok, well weekend went so,so kicked saturday off with a run, then took the car to be mended and shopping with my mum we did hit costa but managed to only have two cups of tea and shared a bag of my ryvita minis, carried on shopping and were knackered and parched so stopped at John Lewis cafe and we both came within inches of failing, i had dediced on a hot choc mum on a latte, then i spied some sandwhiches, diddy triangles made with diddy brown bread and it all equalled my he b consumption with ham and tomatoe.. . so butter was a syn but it wasnt exacly lathered on so i decided to go for it, then sensible head kicked in a told me "you know you allways feel sick and full half way through hot choc, just dont do it!!" so i swapped for a diet coke, thinking im thirsty hot choc is not going to stop me being thirsty, mum came to the same logic and we both did well, got home had an hour for tea ebfore i had to be out so saturday i spent all but maybe 2 hours of it on my feet, and didnt get home till 2am and then had several hours of watching over the o/h as he slept in the bathroom! then had to get up early aka 6am on sunday, full on day, where i did eat very naughty girls came over for brunch so quorn sausages and bacon rolls and proper pancakes, crisps and chocolate spread, but after a week pretty much syn free and it being a sunday i let go, and im fine today ive stuck back to no snacks no junk and im doing ok, i am having to have a sugar free red bull, as i am SO SO SO horrendously tired i can barely stay awake, i allmost caled in sick having not got to sleep till 12 having a sore throat and the niggling start of a migraine from lack of sleep but i came to work. . intending on booking tomo off as hol and catching up on sleep. . . no such luck 3 other people called in sick including the only person who could cover me and she will def be off till next week, and to top it off the boss left super early and i have to lock up. . . luckily the two other people in the office are as keen as me to get home and are usually out the door by 5 bang on so just got to plod through, bed when i get in my god! and i had to skip my run today, i couldnt keep my eyes open enough to say good bye to the o/h he kept trying to tell me things and apparantly i got halfway through responding and fell asleep mid scentence so he left me to sleep still hopefully i should be ready for it tomo! , the red bulls making me shake now uh oh!!! (i hate coffee so i never drink that and have maybe a cup of tea a day perhaps, the most caffine i normally drink is in a pepsi max. . . so red bull has a rather dramatic effect on me as i have never drunk caffine on any regular basis so have got noooo resistance to it. . . .my friends refuse to let me have vodka reddys ona night out because of hwo hyperactive it sends me, not cool lol !

anyway i doubt any of this made sense or is relevant but i hope everyone else had a good weekend?! x

Wow this week is not a promising one. . . im doing horrendously as far as sw goes.. . in fact i seem to have abandoned it all together i still havent lost anything and ive been running four times in a week so far . . . when i say i have abandoned sw i dont mean im gorging myslef silly on anything i can lay my hands on. . quite the opposite. . . im being very good, im eating healthy small portions and no snacks. . . and running 5km and burning off 300 plus calories every other morning and yet ive still lost nothing . . . i am beyond frustrated. . . esp when my friend i joined sw with lost 4.5 lbs this week and does NO exercise and fully takes advantage of eating everything she can. . .i have to admit im loosing faith. But saying that this week is a joke, ive had salad for lunch and dinner, a small side plate size salad, carrot sticks and cucumber sticks to snack on, plus 1 bag of mini ryvitas for the morning then a small bowl of cereal for brekkie. . . im hardly over indulging myself . . . im trying to retain my hope by the fact im on my pill break so i should have "that" joyus time in the next day or so and i didnt drink much at all yesterday so maybe thats it . . i dont know.. . my main aim is to get back into the 8 stone region thats my first mini goal been at it since december and got no where !

its 5lbs to loose. . . 5lbs that should have taken me 3 weeks max and 4 months down the line .. grr im very fed up but im sticking with the running and the healthy eating for a week or so then i might have to try soemthing else as im begining to get really down about this. . but on the other hand the running does help you to feel better. x

Hi peeps, i seem to have been awol for a bit . . . this is due to complete lack of doing sw *naughty i know!!*

Basically after the last wi i got so completely disheartened by another gain, i poured over my food diary's trying to see where i went wrong and couldnt see it anywhere so feeling grumpy and vengefull ignored the diet.

i decided i was trying something new. . .still running every other day managed to get up to 7km (apparantly 6.5km is the maximum distance my trainers will allow me to run blister free which is a bit annoying. . thicker socks next time i think) the key for this for me was i found a nice little route that was exactly .5km for a lap, so i do the longest part of my run then lap from about 4km onwards. . . find it easier to push myself for "one more km" lol its weird, seems to be shorter that way lol !

Still i havent quite managed to make myself get back on either the scales or back into the "sw saddle" so to speak, thats not to say im back to my usual eating habbits. . in fact im being unusually good, minus sunday which was a bit of a blip but better than a usual sunday so im pleased, atm im just doing porridge or wheetabix for brekkie, ryvita minis as a snack, lunch a small sandwhich made of two 400g loaf slices and then a yoghurt and then a small salad for dinenr with some protien. . . my clothes are fitting better apparantly my "chubby chops" and looking less "chubby" and the running is definately helping to flatten my stomach down, deffo look less pregnant lol - that was becoming an issue lol!

still i feel bad for abandoing sw but i dont know where i was goign wrong, i was following plan, exercising and not loosing a thing, where a friend of mine was following loosly and then not excersiing and lost 4.5lbs in one week :eek:( so im sticking with my current plan at the moment see what happens :O)

Hi all. . .

Had a bit of a fall out with my scales and the sw book after having religeously sticking to it for several weeks getting no where so i veered off and decided id do my own thing. . . well that worked fantastcially as you can imagine!!! anyway after three horrendous weeks diet wise due to occasions get to gethers etc im back on A diet wagon admittedly not SW . But after a recent get together with our friends everyone was commenting on how amazing my friend that i joined sw with at the same time looked, which while i am super proud of her i am jelous and a bit gutted we joined at the same time i had a stone to loose her two and a half in the same time its taken for me to bump my weight up by half a stone she has shed two and a half and looks amazing for it . . .at the time we both set our little competition wh could get to target 1st just to encourage ourselves, with us both being uber competative it seemed smart. . for me it should have been an easy win but something to keep me focused for her the competative edge would be her drive she admitted she thought id win and in all honesty so did i a stone to two and a half should have been an easy win. . . clearly not! Anyway for year my oh has been advocating trying thr "Cut" diet . . essentially he has a friend who body builds. . they bulk to gain muscle then before a show start to "cut" to get rid of fat so the newly built up muscle shows through and is as defined as possible . . they loose the fat fast and it helps build a bit more muscle and muscle helps burn fat so all good. . i resisted doing for several years under the "im not that fat i dont need something so drastic" --- it sounds drastic when you hear my o/h recant his friends diet. . however feeling low to the point of avoiding all mirrors i decided fine what harm could it do. . . terrified by how limited i would be after hearing all my o/hs tales i tentativly looked into it on the net and found out really its not so bad . . . essentially stuff as much protein ( ideally tuna ) down your neck, and mix it with complex carbs only so simple carbs no simple sugars as little fat as possible,and origionally i thought no fruit (sob) however a little further research displayed fruit was still allowed although due to sugar levels ideally before 3pm and make sure you work out if you eat it. . . anyway after having only brought, brown pasta, brown bread and brown rice since living with my o.h that wasnt hard then simply loads of protien. . i love tuna etc and apart from that cottage cheese, rice cakes and oatcakes (i happen to love both of these too) and hard boiled eggs (without the yolk .. easy as i hate the yolk of hard boiled eggs) i actually seem to be finding it relativly easy. . im also trying to train myself not to think about food 24/7 which is a real issue and to learn to differentiate between "i want" and "oh junk must eat" which also i have learned is a problem im learning to be able to look at chocolate and say mm looks yummy but i dont need it now. . which is an improvement the same improvement i made with crisps a while ago. . so with any luck this should work. . there seems to be no real reason why it shouldnt gym 5 times a week a very low fat diet. . there should be absolutly no reason unless i do something bad that this doesnt work . . i will keep you posted atm the ive stuck to it 100% since tues. . . maybe a few days there were a few too many rice cakes or too much bread but its complex carbs and supposedly still tres healthy so keep your fingers crossed for me i really need a loss. .. im currently wearing my baggiest work trousers . . . to tight and my baggiest top. . . my tummy it still protruding and no longer hidden by the folds of material. . . uh oh . . this has GOT to work!

Aww bless you! I can sympathise with you on this one slightly. I've done Weight Watchers for years on and off and never lost anymore than 10lbs. My friend who I went with was struggling also so said, why don't we try SW, she'd done it before, I never had. We go together, she weighs about a stone less than me when we join. First week I lose 2.5lb, she loses 6lb - I was gutted! So the weeks following she gets half stone, stone blah, blah, blah and I didn't. I have now lost 1lb short of a stone and a half while she is 2lbs short of 2 stone! I have learnt along the weigh not to compare and only worry about me, this is my journey and nobody elses. So far so good, I'm hoping to get my stone and a half, club 10 and drop into the next stones on Monday - no pressure there then!

You can do it lovey, which ever diet you do. Just believe in yourself and make small goals you can achieve. I find that works for me, half a stone at a time etc otherwise if I think I've still got 3 stone to lose I give myself a mountain I can't climb.

Onwards and downwards. If this doesn't work for you, draw a line under everything, get back on the SW horse and start again. YOU CAN DO IT, YOU KNOW YOU CAN!!

xxx ;)

:eek:) thank you saddle bags that was what i needed to hear. Im doing ok with my current diet just over a week solid and ive lost a lb but as my other half reminds me what we do to our bodies doesnt happen instantly our weight gain is usually a week behind as your body diegests and processes etc so last weeks diet result wont show till next week so im hoping for 2lbs next week lol.

Im happy with a 1lb tho coz at the end of the day they all add up, and even if i loose 1lb a week ill still be where i need to be by July which in the grand scheme of things will fly by. Im worrying myself a little as i have two weekends away coming up and my sis's 21st but im determined not to listen to "oh go on its just one weekend" i know i cant be 100% but i figure i can for example NOT cave in and have dessert as we wil also be drinking , have a few cocktails but stick to gin and tonic etc etc at the end of the day at the time it might be tempting but i allways regret it after and its not like there wnt be other oppotunities to drink and eat etc so i think i can stand my ground but im a lil worried, but it helps me that i have mnaged a whole week without eating anything bad and not even wanting to and being able to resist buying junk im focusing on the positives and reminding myself that even a 1lb a week will get me there and to keep plodding on :eek:) x

Back