Curry night - Saturday - who's with me?

Your curry looks delicious, could you share the recipe please :)

Hi Nattie,

Well the curry goes something like this

2 onions finely chopped add more onions if you'd like a thicker sauce
5 cardamom pods (crush them)
Tbsp cumin
Tsp ground ginger or fresh
Tbsp ground coriander
Half tsp of low cal granulated sweetener
Veg or chicken stock cube with about 300mls of stock
Low fat natural yogurt or Greek muller light coconut for 1/2 Syn.

Add the stock cube, boiling water to a pan add the onions, bring to the boil and simmer covered for about 10 mins, then add the spices and crushed cardamom pods, cover again and simmer for an additional 15-20 mins or until the onions and stock have thickened up, the add chicken or prawns to it and cook for 10 mins. You could add the chicken in a bit earlier if you wanted. Add any other veg you want.

Take off the heat for a few mins, add the yogurt and continually stir so it doesn't curdle. And hey presto!

The little things to the side are curry cupcakes.

Asda chickpea dahl (free)
Batchelors mild curry rice (free)
3 large eggs

Make up the rice as directed, add the tin of dahl, mix, then add the eggs (I always mix my eggs first then add them in!) put into loaf tin or cilicone cupcake holders, add to a pre heated oven around 190 degrees for 30-40 mins. And they're delicious. I have added chopped onions in them before and they taste like onion bhajis.

Enjoy!!

do you wreckon the curry cake things would work without eggs??

Had chicken dupiaza, basmati rice, Bombay potatoes. Others had slimming world chips so I pinched about 4 you can see them sneaking on my plate lol also had the sharwoods garlic and coriander mini naan for 5.5 syns. Enjoyed it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 118
Back