Curv-a-licious Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 for me last wednesday - couldn't update til now

Addibelle 22lbs (11lbs lost ~ 11lbs to go)
Bb65 22lbs (14lbs lost - 8lbs to go)
Broadsbean 27lb (13lbs lost - 14lbs to go)
Bron 22lbs (17 lost ~ 5 lbs to go)
carriebrad 22lbs (6.5lbs lost ~ 15.5lbs to go)
Eyden Hainsworth 22lbs (7lbs lost - 15lbs to go)
fat&40 28lbs (13lbs lost ~ 15lbs to go)
Hoping 26.5lbs (7.5lbs lost - 19lbs to go)
JackieN 14lbs (2lb lost ~ 12lbs to go)
Jo-85 26lbs (2lb lost - 24lbs to go)
Lily42uk 22lbs (2lbs lost - 20lbs to go)
Little Bubblez 22lbs (12 lbs lost - 10 lbs to go)
LoChan1984 28lbs (13.5lbs lost - 14.5lbs to go)
Lollypop1985 14lbs (2.5lbs lost - 11.5lbs to go)
LSF666 18lbs (4 lost - 14 to go)
Lucia_Lucia 29.5lbs (11lbs lost - 18.5lbs to go)
missjlouise 29lbs (7lbs lost - 22lbs to go)
Sugarplum 22lbs (15 lost - 7lb to go)
Welshtigger 12lbs (2lbs lost - 10lbs to go)

:talk017: well done bron xx

tanya and lo hope your both feeling better.
i have compulsive eating disorder, used to refer to myself as a failed bulimic cos couldn't do the purging. took a long time to get help but now i have it and am beginning to understand myself more i am hoping i have got it beat.
we are all battling something i think and thats why the support from each other on here is so invaluable :D:grouphugg:

hope everybody is having a great day xx

Well done on the fab losses Bron and Fat&40 - you're both doing great, I'm sure you'll hit your xmas targets :D

Jo I reckon you could get that 10lbs in 7 weeks - 2 more shifts left of the evil job then you're freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! You might surprise yourself and go flying through that 10lbs :)

I had a much better night's sleep last night so think I'm on the mend now :)

Other than on here I've never told anyone about the bulimia apart from my OH (though my dentist probably knows :eek: and my mum sort of hinted around it once). I don't normally tell the OH about relapses until months later as I'll be really sly about it - he isn't very supportive as he'd say it's being 'weak' and to just stop doing it, which doesn't help me feel any better heh. I think I'm alright for now but will try and speak up on here if I'm struggling, now I know some of you have had similar problems :)

Well done fat&40 and Bron on your losses :D

Lovely to have the house back after half term, everyone back at school :family2:

I have been to the gym and now going to tackle the housework and get the dinner in the slow cooker so it's all ready to go after trick or treating!

Happy slimming everyone

Sorry not been here for a while...
Had a really rough couple of weeks

Dont think to much damage has been done but i get weighed tonight and will updating you all hope everyone is ok x

Dont think to much damage has been done but i get weighed tonight and will updating you all hope everyone is ok x

Was wondering where you'd gone.
Good to see you back.

Aw hope your ok honey.

I am finding things difficult at the mo as well but we can do this :)

xxxx

Missjlouise said:

Sorry to hear. Good luck for tonight x

lollypop1985 said:
i need to get back on track. have had a few thing to celebrate lately so havent been as good as i should be. hopefully fresh start on friday :)
Fresh start today ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck for tonight - be sure to let us know how you get on. :)

Are you carrying on with the curvies exercise challenge, might help motivate you some more? We've started the november list ready for tomorrow now :D xxx

I used to sing a lot. Have been in loads of things singing but I got out of the way of it and now my voice sounds awful. Hubby says it doesnt but he loves me so has to say that haha.
I would love to do something like you are doing (the Voice!) but I am the same, I am convinced I cant actually sing and will get booed off or something crazy. I couldnt bear it if i ended up being played as one of the ones that you think "Who told them they could sing!?!?!" hahaha
Ive been having a great time practicing again tonight though, made me realise how much Ive let my voice go!QUOTE]

I meant to ask you Addi, are there any breathing exercises or other singing tips you could pass on? When to breathe and how especially is one of the things I struggle with for singing :)

I only do singing on rockband/singstar nowadays but katie's song got me thinking how much I used to enjoy doing recordings and things on my pc using audacity software and whatnot, would be a nice non-dieting related thing to get into again :D

Can move this to PMs if it'll clutter up the team thread a bit :eek:

Breathing is so underrated when it comes to singing. Its one of the first things I teach.

Breathing whilst singing is dictated by the phrasing of the piece of music you are singing. So a phrase won't always just be a line but it can be.

Its different for each piece but try speaking the words at the same tempo that you would sing it and see where you need to breathe. Then work on taking longer and shorter breaths until you can easily speak each part in time. Then you will know when you are able to breathe.you need to take enough to finish but not so much that you have to take an audible breath. If that makes sense.

I would practice by singing scales in different phases. work on increasing your lung capacity and always watch that you are using your diaphragm too.

Id nead to hear you sting to really help but id love to assist if I can.

This is really basic stuff I know but its the boring stuff that even the best singers have to spend time on and it really makes a difference.

I think thats my problem I need to learn to Breathe properly. I have difficulty when I am nervous and cant breathe at all. I had a lesson a million years ago but the tutor made her childs dinner and stuff while I was there supposed to be learning and I paid good money for it so I only went twice. I wish I had found another tutor though xx

I should have remembered that yes, I was around here when you had your wedding performance to do :D Have you had any formal lessons? What sort of things do you like to sing? xx

Breathing is so underrated when it comes to singing. Its one of the first things I teach.

Breathing whilst singing is dictated by the phrasing of the piece of music you are singing. So a phrase won't always just be a line but it can be.

Its different for each piece but try speaking the words at the same tempo that you would sing it and see where you need to breathe. Then work on taking longer and shorter breaths until you can easily speak each part in time. Then you will know when you are able to breathe.you need to take enough to finish but not so much that you have to take an audible breath. If that makes sense.

I would practice by singing scales in different phases. work on increasing your lung capacity and always watch that you are using your diaphragm too.

Id nead to hear you sting to really help but id love to assist if I can.

This is really basic stuff I know but its the boring stuff that even the best singers have to spend time on and it really makes a difference.

I need the basics - never had any lessons :eek:

I doubt I'm any good, I struggle singing some songs - it's hard finding my place during the first verse of something and other times I'll jump an octave or two and go from medium to too high so I drop down suddenly. Oh yeah, I can't remember lyrics very well either - brain like a sieve :eek: Though with familiar things it gets easier with the music to prompt me.

Not sure how/where I'd put songs on here/t'internet to share, I'll look into it if I get round to sorting something :) xx

LoChan1984 said:
I should have remembered that yes, I was around here when you had your wedding performance to do :D Have you had any formal lessons? What sort of things do you like to sing? xx

Ha ha!! Don't worry-sometimes I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on ;)
Been singing since the age of about 8/9, I started of in the youth theatre junior group and progressed through :) I had singing lessons for a few years, and also played the clarinet and flute since I was 8, so that helped with the breathing techniques. We had private music lessons in school too as I went to a horrid private school so it was on the regular timetable :)
Since I left school I've mainly just done small gigs like weddings and dinners and stuff and entered a few competitions, but seem to only get to the 3rd round in all I've entered so far-it's a bit of a barrier!!! Have also got an audition for The Voice on nov 19th but I'm going to cancel it as I'm not in the right place at the moment to do something like that-plus the financial implications of just getting to the auditions!! My music genre of choice would be MT(musical theatre) however I will turn my hand to most things.
Mainly tho, for the last 13 years, up until last summer-i have been the lead soloist in a show group. We did and have toured with it aswell! We've sung all over Europe, raising money for charity-but the moat exciting was when we got asked to sing for the army(welsh guards I think)at Episkopi, which is the army base on Cyprus-that was an amazing experience and one I will never forget :)
I hope to get back into it this next season as I do miss my singing :) xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Ha ha!! Don't worry-sometimes I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on ;)
Been singing since the age of about 8/9, I started of in the youth theatre junior group and progressed through :) I had singing lessons for a few years, and also played the clarinet and flute since I was 8, so that helped with the breathing techniques. We had private music lessons in school too as I went to a horrid private school so it was on the regular timetable :)
Since I left school I've mainly just done small gigs like weddings and dinners and stuff and entered a few competitions, but seem to only get to the 3rd round in all I've entered so far-it's a bit of a barrier!!! Have also got an audition for The Voice on nov 19th but I'm going to cancel it as I'm not in the right place at the moment to do something like that-plus the financial implications of just getting to the auditions!! My music genre of choice would be MT(musical theatre) however I will turn my hand to most things.
Mainly tho, for the last 13 years, up until last summer-i have been the lead soloist in a show group. We did and have toured with it aswell! We've sung all over Europe, raising money for charity-but the moat exciting was when we got asked to sing for the army(welsh guards I think)at Episkopi, which is the army base on Cyprus-that was an amazing experience and one I will never forget :)
I hope to get back into it this next season as I do miss my singing :) xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

WOW! You're full of surprises :D

I'll keep glued to your diary - with half-marathon training and possibly more singing to read about it's gonna be exciting! xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back