Curvy getting back to feeling good

Think you may already be in bed, but I know that for the first 1-2 weeks I got random depressions about the plan. Sitting in bed not knowing what else to do at 7pm feeling like rocking back and forwards as my brain told me I had to eat, there are so many reasons to eat, this diet is too much, tears, frustration, then I'd wake up and feel wonderful. It went away by the third week, so just don't listen. Fizzy water/bars shouldnt really make any difference so if you want them don't deny yourself, but if you think it'll help then lady, do what you have to! X

Aww thank you Tilly ... I am going to draw a line on the day and start again tomorrow / not sure what my problem is - I have been 100% so should be proud ... Oh well tomorrow is another day !!! Thank you soo much for the support x

In reality - we do feel hungry, yes. I know I do, but I just try to ignore it. After all, think about it - we're consuming 600 calories per day, when rationally the minimum (for our basic functions) is supposed to be 1200.

The process of ketosis masks the hunger and we slowly get used to the hollowness. Stick to it, drink hot drinks - they really do help.

The easy way to tell real hunger apart from other types of hunger are - when you have real hunger you'd eat ANYTHING - doesn't even matter what. Emotional hunger CALLS for something specific, and chemical hunger is triggered by an image, a smell or thought - your brain sends signals to the stomach in anticipation and produces some acid "in preparation". It goes away after 10 mins or so.
So next time you're hungry, have a think about what could have caused it ;)

Wow / makes soo much sense ... Thank you x

Gosh, ladies!! You need to get a Netflix subscription - or get on to Blinkbox! I've been attacking quite a lot of good shows on Netflix - Californication, Weeds, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, recently started Jericho - there's a lot to watch - many hours to fill!! When they run out on there, there's some lovely websites out there to fill in the missing seasons for the series on there. If you ask real nice I'll tell you!
I also play a certain game (World of Warcraft) with my friends (but I'm figuring you guys aren't much into that - though such a wide variety of people play).

That way, evenings won't feel so miserable and lonely - fill it with some fun! ;)

Day 9 (I think) so woke up this morning feeling a load better - now the coil is out I am having my monthlies - so maybe that had something with my feelings yesterday. i jumped on the scales and they have not moved (at all) however I am guessing it is just water retention - I have been 100% so it must be going in the right direction. 1 shake down and at work.. it was quite funny as i tried to log on to our systems it said that my account had been terminated - I though i was fired and no one told me - it seems that HR made a mistake ! ( I work for a large corporation with thousands of employees worldwide ) I was in shock ! - It has taken most of the morning to sort things out and all ymother access to systems needs to be reset so a complete nightmare - on the plus side the morning has flown by and i realise that i need to have a pack!

I am going to avoid the sparking water today as it did make my tummy rumble loads yesterday - and I thought I was hungry ( it was probably 50/50)

I do look a little different I can feel my tummy area has gone in - but still a long way to go!!

I am cooking for the family tonight - I really was not up to it yesterday, I am actually looking forward to it. I am someone who gets satisfied with the smell of food (I do cook a look of curry being asian ) so the smell is quite intense. I never pick at food whilst cooking so I should be ok...

A good trick someone told me was to use mouthwash whilst cooking as it helps put you off eating... might give it a go.

Nope I am on Day 8 - it really was a bad day yesterday that I have to start the day again :)

How was the cooking and tummy pangs? Did normal water work? X

Morning - the cooking was fab - and I was not tempted at all ! The hunger was better .... I am going to keep off the sparkling stuff for a while ...

I have an all day conference meeting today so I am probably not going to be able
To drink as much water... It will be tough as I get through about 2 litres just at work.. Why do all these things come up when you are trying to do the plan !!

Oh well onwards and upwards

I'm with you - meetings for me too, though thankfully not all day. It definitely seems to coincide with the plan though, so I sit on conference calls tummy rumbling and trying to mute in case anyone clocks it! Good luck! I'm glad the water helped, and well done on the cooking. I did get quite dispassionate about food once the decision to do this plan was made. But I say this from the point of view of having just my other half and no children so it's fairly easy to avoid it if I need to! x

OMG what a day - all day meetings I have been glugging the water so I needed to pop to the loo frequently ! Buscuits everywhere and when i refused everyone kept saying oh go on have 1 .... NO i dont bloody want one!!!

Anyways that aside during lunch I did have a slice of chicken breast and some lettuce - just as it was a working lunch and I really did not have the guts to pull out my bar ! so not 100% but hopefully it wont impact me too much.. TGIF tomorrow.

Anyway still in the office as i still need to catch up with the day job! and try and catch up with the hours I lost yesterday due to having no systems....

Either way - I am not hungry ( although I dont think that I have had the time to really think about it)

Cooking was great yesterday - although Tonight the OH has to sort out dinner - so macdonalds it is for them !

Hope everyone is having a great day!

may drop a note later this evening

End of day 9 - feeling good I hope the scales move Tom- I have not lost any weight in 3 days .. Prob because of totm ...

I am struggling to get 4 packs down - I am def going to get more shakes and try and have 2 packs at work as it is hard to do 2 in the evening

Anyways bed time see ya Tom x

Maybe you can try doing a double pack? I have a double carbonara for dinner, it's lovely that way :) Don't worry about the scales tomorrow - it'll be going in the right direction, even if your body doesn't let go of the water yet! We're not machines and weight loss isn't always a consistent thing :)

Hey all do Day 10 today - feeling good although I am really in need of a pack first thing in the morning. So jumped on the scales today and i have lost 1lb. so that takes me to 8.5 lbs in 10 days. I am very pleased with this and really hope to keep the momentum going. One thing I have noticed is that i may not be getting enough water in - so I am going to try and up my focus on that.

The kids are spending the weekend with the grand parents so me and hubby have the weekend to ourselves. This would normally mean eating out and going to the pub - so it will be a challenge to change. I see my group and LLC tomorrow but I am going to suggest that i do lite over the weekend - this will allow me to have a meal out without feeling guilty and it should not affect my loss too much - i just feel that if I abstain completley I will feel miserable and more likely to eat the wrong things...

I will stick to protein and salad in small portions.. I do feel a little guilty but I dont think that I will have an enjoyable time without. we also plann to go to the cinema so I will go in with my 2 litres of water and a coffee !

Anyways hope that you are all having a brilliant day - i am looking forward to my group session tomorrow as it willbe our first weekly results it will be nice to see how the other ladies have done and talk .

Morning well Day 11 - I have no packs as I have some shep pie ( 4) that I need to change. I see my LLC at 10 so it is ok- def going to stick to shakes and bars !

Feeling good looking forward to my group session. My OH says he can see in my face that I have lost- but all I see is my fat self . Admittedly my clothes are looser but I don't see it in the mirror . I am trying to wear the same clothes to WI so I can really see the impact in my before and after photo and I can't blame my clothes if the scales are not favourable .

I'm doing the exact same thing. I am wearing the same outfit each week that I wore to my initial consultation. The people in my group will probably think I have a very limited wardrobe but I like consistency and want to see a true reading on the scales each week. I too am pretty much sticking to shakes and bars. I think it helps to look at the shakes as a sort of medicine. I don't actually like them, they are just easy to hold my breath and knock them back.

Have a good day today

x

Hi all a good day. I went to my group session and we talked about perception and how we see ourselves. We tend to always see the negative and brush over the positive... Interesting concept. It made a lot of sense. All our ladies are doing really well and making really good progress to hit the 1st stone.

As the kids were away we went to the cinema to watch a movie- I took a bar and 2 litres of water with me... It did feel weird at first as I am so used to munching popcorn but after a while I was fine.

We then went for a meal. I had a chicken breast and salad. I could not finish it as I was too full but it was nice. I am going to drop my 4th pack for the day.

I spoke to my LLC and she said it was ok as a one off... Back to 100% tomorrow

I do feel guilty for eating but I knew that I would not be able to go 100% so hopefully I made the right choice

Off to bed now

Btw the banana shake is delicious - I tried it this morning it was lush

Day 12 - not much to report , just going with the flow .

I am also worried about when hubby is off lol, he works nights and weekends so we dont see a lot of each other so every 7 weeks when he is off it always involves food and alcohol, its in about 2 weeks eek, I have warned him im gonna be anti social and he'll have to wait another 7 weeks, but by then I should be at goal and it will be worth the wait lol.

Well done on your loss so far ;)

Day 13 Today - I hope everyone had a great weekend -mine was good. I stepped on the scales this morning and although they have not moved down they have not gone up which is great considering I had 2 meals over the weekend.

So day 13 - Nearly at my 2 week mark - I am feeling good still in the flow and finally getting used to all the weird foodie feelings. Sticking to shakes, bars and porridge this week - I am having a lot of my shakes warm as it is so cold at the moment - we had some snow but not enough to warrant a work from home day.

My clothes are feeling looser and I can start to see my tummy area getting smaller - but the weight loss has slowed down - I think that I will be the average stone a month - therefore about 3 lbs a week person. I must say that the water really is going down well at the moment - I have got in to the habit of always having water at my desk - the minute i finish a glass I go and refill. I must be doing about 3-4 litres a day and it really is helping.

I feel that I need to start some exercise - I am member of a gym and I did go frequently before the diet- although my LLC is dead against it - she says that it will slow my weight loss down? not sure I quite get that - I have made a note to look it up later.

I still have 11 lbs to do in january if I want to hit my target - it does not feel like I am going to hit this if I continue at a 3lb a week.. ut I am going to really push this week

Anyways have a good day

Day 14 - so 2 weeks in and my second week I have done 3 pounds so just short of 10lbs since the beginning of January which is pretty good I suppose. To fill time I was reading on my kndle last night it is called " I'm not overweight I am undershort" its a funny take on a lady who embarks on w weight loss journey ...it is quite humourous and I can relate to a lot of what she said. She mentioned that it takes 21 days to change your mindest - so once you have been doing something for 21 days it becomes "normal" not sure how I will feel at day 21 but certainly I feel like I have been doing this forever...

So 3lbs this week I am not that impressed with my self? I really wanted to do 4lbs - but trying not to beat myself up about it.. I really hope that I continue at no less than 3lbs else it will hit my motivation...

Either way - going back to my group session on perception I should look at what I have acheived which is lose 10 lbs in 14 days and be proud - I could have easily put on 10lbs if i did nothing about my weight!!

Anyways have a good day all!

Back