Curvy getting back to feeling good

Day 39 - another 2lbs down ... Fairly pleased and i have come to expect 2lb a week now .. Group session was good ... My ladies are lovely and so attentive and giving ... Cooked 3 dishes for the kids and OH - curries are so smelly ! I love it ... I don't feel like eating as the smell satisfies me ... Not much else planned for the weekend .. Taking the daughter out to Windsor tomorrow while the boys watch football ... May even try on some new clothes :)

aww windsor is lovely - I love Browns! it is our favourite haunt. Shopping with the lady was nice but we had soo much rain!

Day 41 - Working from home today feeling ok - a bit disheartened over my weight loss in the last few weeks. I am only managing 2 lbs a week. I know that it slowa down, but I keep thinking that I could lose the same doing weight watchers... I know that it is just crooked thoughts in my mind... just got to get passed it and carry on..... hopefully get to the gym tonight.

I really wanted to be in the 10's before I move to lite and I had planned to move this sunday... but I still have about 3lbs to go - and with my track record it looks like I wont hit it until the week after.. not sure why it is such an issue i really want to hit that number before i move on.. oh well onwards and upwards... i think there is a little fear of food in me as well. I have got to this stage before and then started food and ended up a stone heavier in weeks. I am really scared of droping out of ketosis and feeling hunger again.. weird i know... still some things to work out when I get to lite and management....

What are you all doing for valentines day - we have nothing planned...normally our life used to revolve around food - but we will have to think of something else..

Hey our weight is similar, as you are taller your BMI is actually better than mine. Can I point out that you have told me that a 2lb a week loss it good! Weight loss on WW can be 2lbs a week but not consistently so stick with it.

Don't let the scales control what you want to do. If you are ready to sit down and share a meal with your family then move to lite if not stay on total for a bit longer. Personally lite is helping me feel more normal as I know I can eat out with friends when we get invited although I am getting a little bored of chicken or salmon salads - hold the dressing :rolleyes:

Hey Suziesue yes you are right . I was working out if I kept losing 2lbs a week how long it would take me to get to goal- I had hoped for 3 lbs a week when I started out ... Being an accountant I got the spreadsheet out and of I continue at 2 lens a week it will add another month on my timing ... I know I should be happy that it is coming off but I suppose I was just having a low moment .. I still have another 24lbs to go so that is another 12 weeks ... When I had hoped to do the stone a month and lose it all in 3 months originally ... I think it just dawned on me that this is going to take longer ...

Yep I going to keep going on total for until I get in to the 10's even if it takes me longer than 45 days and then move on to lite ...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't worry, I feel your pain Curvy :( I'm only losing 1-2lb per week if that, so I am in the same boat - realising this will take a lot longer than I thought it would... Sucks and a bit unfair when people lose 3-4 lb per week!

Don't worry, I feel your pain Curvy :( I'm only losing 1-2lb per week if that, so I am in the same boat - realising this will take a lot longer than I thought it would... Sucks and a bit unfair when people lose 3-4 lb per week!

Hey Minerva - how are you doing today?? Hows the course going - I must admit I dont know HOW you do law... it seems really tough. What are your plans for valentines?? anything special - I need to try and do something that does not include food - usually it would be a nice meal, choc and wine... might have to think a bit ??

yes I mapped out how much longer it will take me to hit goal if i continued at 2lb a week... It was a bit of a shock - but I have reset my expectations now that I am aiming for 2lbs a week and anything more is a bonus. This way i should not feel like I am failing which is how it has been as i was expected the 3lbs a week. A bit weird i know but at least I have realistic target now and if it means it takes longer so be it...

I am off to pilates and zumba tonight ( my first classes in years!) I am looking forward to it although a little scared..

Wow, pilates AND zumba! Both are quite intense, don't over do it even if it feels easy and tempting at the time! Watch out for any dizzy spells or anything like that. I like to see you motivated but be careful :)

Errr, Valentines Day - depends if you have the day off or the night off? Maybe plan to go see a play at the weekend, a comedy night or a movie? The zoo? :) An art gallery? It's not so much about what you do, but the fact that you spend time together. Having a laugh. My OH doesn't like art, but if and when we go to an art gallery, we just spend time giggling at the awful stuff that's there! :D

Unfortunately for me, my OH who's also on the diet with me requested a 'night off' and booked an Italian restaurant. I'll try to be good :) and will not complain if my losses are bad next week! Just how life is, you can't really put it on hold. I've done the missing of every event imaginable for 2-3 years due to either LL or my own non-eating phase. It's a bit of fun and we got to do it when the opportunity comes or it's lost forever. At least that's how I see it now, a bit of a break in the dull-ness so that it doesn't become completely unbearable. Getting back on it - will be fine as a) OH is on it and b) no food in the house anyway! :D

...Law.. well.. I'm regretting my decision to do it to be honest, it's very tough. I wish I didn't take a course which squashes 3 university years' worth of information into 1 year as an accelerated fast-track!
--------

2 lbs per week is still good loss in my opinion, though granted, I was working on a 10 lbs per month sort of plan, seems unrealistic now. :( The POSITIVE in that is that the weight is coming off and you will be done soon! do you have some positives to spur you on? Did you find any nice clothes to try on in Windsor?
x

Hey - OH is not on a diet and really wanted an adult meal !! Not your usual stuff we have because of the kids ... Your right as long as we are together that's all that matters ...

Enjoy your night out you both are so good to get right back on it ...I would do it but I really don't want the 3 days of pain to get back in to it ... Also it is my sons birthday on the 20th so we are going to TGI I am planning a steak and salad and a bit of cake ! So planning my first night off then

Clothes wise the weather was so bad so we did not get toast shops - the whole aim of the afternoon was to get my little girl her first bras ... So we stuck to m and s. I must admit I made an effort this morn and I do look good and my clothes fit really well now ... I am going to go through some of my summer gear ( most are a size smaller and start to try them on)

I can stomach the 3 days of 'getting back on', it's not so bad. :)

Aw, poor daughter, I remember getting my first bra - embarrassing!! My stepmum did her best though, bless her - with an obese child as well! Lol. *eek* Hopefully it went well with your daughter, it's one of the first steps into adulthood! How do you feel about it? :)

I can't wait for the diary entries here - "the summer dresses look fabulous - can't wait to wear them out!" - not far to go now, even if it feels like it.

x

I was attending a boring training session when I first started this diet and so I too own an excel sheet tracking my weight loss. I did projections based on 2 3 4 and ever hopeful 5 pounds a week. I settled for 2.25 as my conservative estimate of my potential weight loss so my spreadsheet shows my loss deficit increasing each week

My concern is I have a fixed deadline to look as good as I can on 29th March which is 12 weeks of dieting so I started back at the gym this week doing yoga etc

I can stomach the 3 days of 'getting back on', it's not so bad. :)

Aw, poor daughter, I remember getting my first bra - embarrassing!! My stepmum did her best though, bless her - with an obese child as well! Lol. *eek* Hopefully it went well with your daughter, it's one of the first steps into adulthood! How do you feel about it? :)

I can't wait for the diary entries here - "the summer dresses look fabulous - can't wait to wear them out!" - not far to go now, even if it feels like it.

x

Hey -I did try and keep it really low key and not make a big deal out of it and the lady at M&S was very good and subtle, she left the room everytime she needed to try something on... she was embarassed but what I did was get myself measured first and try on new stuff _ i have gone down a size but not a cup size :) . I did that to try and make her feel comfortable and let her know that all girls/ladies do the same.... she was ok about it - I was a bit miffed that they had some padded trainer bras ! I was like girls this age dont need to have padded bras!!!.

I cant wait for summer - I am going to try some bits on tonight and see how they look - I need something to visualise to help me and move away from the scales... ( i know i keep saying it but I cant help myself :) )

I do find the first 3 days difficult when re starting - I often crumble whic is why I am bit scared to move off plan... but the more i think about it - if my head is in the right place I should be able to do it as it was not too bad when i started on the 1st Jan, my head was in the right place...

You obviously are very strong and with your OH supporting you it must be great. My issue is that my husband does not think that i need to go on a strict diet so half the time I need to convince him that I am doing the right thing... ultimatley he wants me to be happy so does not interfere, but he is someone who would not deter me if I went off the wagon.... he says he loves me as I am ..

The lady I had to make redundant went hysterical and we had loads of tears.... it was difficult and i feel really bad, but at least it is done now and wwe can move on to help her find a new role.. stressful times!!

anyways have a fab evening, I am off to the gym - I will be gentle on the zumba promise

I was attending a boring training session when I first started this diet and so I too own an excel sheet tracking my weight loss. I did projections based on 2 3 4 and ever hopeful 5 pounds a week. I settled for 2.25 as my conservative estimate of my potential weight loss so my spreadsheet shows my loss deficit increasing each week

My concern is I have a fixed deadline to look as good as I can on 29th March which is 12 weeks of dieting so I started back at the gym this week doing yoga etc

Hey - I know what you mean I have projections coming out of my ears! it must be harder with a fixed date - enjoy the gym but as Minerva rightly told me dont overdo it.. I have also heard that exercise sometimes slows down weight loss as you build muscle, but you should get smaller and more toned!! enjoy hun

Just got back from the gym - Zumba is not for me ... Too intense and I did not enjoy it - maybe give it a go in a few months ... Too knackered to do Pilates ... Next week I will just do the Pilates class .. I wore a heart rate monitor and I burned 450 cals in the hour ... Phew off to have my last shake x

Day 43 - All is well. Nothing really to report..

Day 45 I am struggling .. Stuck to plan - but did have a total meal yesterday .., feel really ill today - actually the thought if another shake makes me heave ... I have had 2 packs today break and lunch ... 3 pm I have been throwing up since then ... Yuk ... No more packs today ... I have WI Tom .. I don't think that I have lost much ... Feeling sorry for my self and feel like quitting ... See how I do in the morning ... Off to bed :-(

Oh and I don't think I have hit the 10's as per target .... Crappy 2lbs a week if i am lucky !! It was always a tall ask to lose 3 lbs in a week .... Feels like I am on WW not lighterlife .. Where 3 lbs should be the minimum ...sigh ...

Awww *hug* don't despair.. chin up! I think on WW you'd lose 2lbs if you're the size of an elephant!! Are you an elephant? Not that I can see, you're a teensy weensy cute lady :D Therefore energy needed to move you around is considerably less.

:) Don't make yourself suffer though - even if you don't reach that goal of 10st's - you can still move to Lite. It's an easier plan in my opinion and is not so draining! You can have proper meals with the family again which will make all of this more bareable!

*cheers you on* gogogogo you can do it :D kick that gloom to the curb!! *dances wiggling fat bum around to cheer you up*

Aww Hun thanks ... Just read your post .. You going through a bit of a tough time as well , xx don't worry we will get through together !!! Yep moving to total tomorrow - feel so sick of the shakes I need to try something different ... Maybe will try porridge ???

You take care and we will do this ... Step by step !!! Thank you for the lovely image !! It made me smile x

Back