Curvy getting back to feeling good

You're being sneaky and lurking!! Silly you :p
You know... I was stuck at a weight of 10st 4 for WEEKS when I was doing Lite ages ago. OMG I wanted to kill someone, weight was not going anywhere. But it did. Eventually. I'm just astounded how the body can cling on to this even at such high calorific deficit.

Still - I have to say, the slower we lose, the slower we'll gain. I did find I did not gain very fast - I reckon it'll be the same for you. Maybe it'll be of some comfort. :)

x

Day 62 - so a dissapointing weekend on the scales front - but I did have a busy weekend we saw loads of friends and family. I have managed to stay on plan with little problems so just plodding on... hopefully the scales will start moving soon.

OK - I have been thinking about my goals and I have changed them slightly .. I have decided to give S&S 1 more month ( or by the end of March) hopefulyy even with my track record I should be pretty close to 10st by then and then I am going to move to JUDDD. My weight loss is slowing down and I am feeling a lot better with myself and what I see in the mirror, so I am not as obsessed with what the scales say - but by the end of March i would have done 85 days on VLCD and hopefully I should be within 1/2 stone of goal. I feel that it will be a good time to move up a bit and start to work with more food and start the road to refeeding and maintenance. It seems that you can still lose about 2lbs a week with JUDDD so it should still work for me and then i can also up the intensity of my exercise on my UP days. The one thing that attracted me to the VLCD was the big losess and the fact that I dont really feel hungry when in ketosis. BUT as I have not really had big losses to put it in context i lost 7lbs in February - not great especially for a VLCD, and I have given it a real good go - it feels like it may be time to move to something different. So I am going to give it to the end of march - see where I am and hopefully move on... My plan was always to try and do my last 7lbs in a more conventional way either SW/WW or calorie counting , but JUDDDD seems to be something that could work for me...

Day 63 - bloody hell! I have lost 1lb in 13 days and I cant understand why , yes it was TOTM but I was hoping that I would have lost the water by now.... I am really losing patience with this... I have done a ketone test and I am in ketosis, I am sticking to plan and I am glugging the water??? what is going on... I have been patient for the last 2 weeks but I am slowly losing it.....

Measurements wise I am about the same for the last 3 weeks..... what is going on... really tempted to jack it all in! I know I know I should be patient but i really cant accept that being on a VLCD and not LOSE ANYTHING!!!... really peeved off with all... forget the end of march... if I dont lose 3lbs by Saturday I am giving it in!!!!

:bighug: I totally understand your frustration. This diet is actually hard - especially with the promised losses than the unlucky few just don't ever see!
In all honesty though - when I got to roughly your weight - it also started moving excruciatingly slowly. I actually lost slightly better when I was eating more. At the end of my re-feed at a much lower weight, I was eating 1200 calories per day and still losing something per week... Maybe body starts preserving what it has when it has less of it and if no food is coming it, it freaks out even more? Who knows to be honest...

You are right to evaluate the progress, I liked your estimation of 'the end of March' because it gives a very real deadline rather than an unpredictable weight-based one. It's only 4 more weeks. And then that's it. :) Just 4! I think you can do it. It's all part of your routine at the moment. If you've lost nothing more than 2lb-3lb in 2 weeks (so Sat 16th) - then start a re-feed on this and move on to JuDDD. If you've lost more - continue another two weeks until 1st April at which point you'll be moving off anyway. Does that sound fair? That way you're giving yourself 'an out' sooner, but also not giving up on yourself and your decisions. :)

Aww thanks hunx I am really gettting frustrated. I have tried to be patient but I am strugggling now... OK I will gef give it until the 16th March. I have the packs so lets see where I end up..... It just seems to be every goal I make in terms of weight I seem to not achieve it - yes it is coming off but after 9 weeks I would have expected a better loss as this diet is really tough and then not to lose more than the odd pound is so disheartening. I am feeling tired all the time and I cant really exercise as much as I like - but I always had it in my head that the VLCD would get me the same results...

I had a pack of slim rice ( my first ) yesterday and I do have a bar a day ? do you think that might be impacting me?

Initially when I started I thought i would do a stone a month - so by the end of March to be at goal of 9st 7...

I then reevaluated it to ok lets see if I can do 2 stone in 10 weeks so get to 10st 7lb by 9th march - again does not look like I will hit that....

then I said ok lets see if I can get to 10st by the end of March - so that is 2.7 stone in over 3 months... and again it looks like I wont hit that ..... I had it in my head that I wanted to hit 10st before I move to JUDDD... I am someone that likes targets ( yoU can tell I am an accountant) I like to be working towards something... else I go free fall which is not great.... *sigh*

Neither the zero noodle products and neither 1 bar per day would impact your weight loss.. Zero noodles have nothing in them (apparently the energy it takes to digest them is the same energy they contain) and the bar actually has less carbs than the Spaghetti Bolognese!

It's just our genetics, we lose slower than some very lucky people out there. When I was on LL with NO deviations what-so-ever, I still lost the same, had STS weeks all the time, 2lb was a 'good' loss...
It would make sense, on a genetic level, for some people to hold on to fat in times of famine - we would survive longer. ;) BUT for our modern purposes, it's more frustrating than anything else!!

As for counting - I've evaluated and re-evaluated my goals.. I'll be lucky if I hit my HIGHER target in August. -_- *grumble* it wasn't supposed to take this long!

Still, just 2 more weeks - then you have a choice to move on or to stay for a little longer... though, why torture yourself - especially if you are feeling motivated to exercise and stuff! You don't have a problem with food like some people on this diet do, so I know you'll be ok. :)

Thanks Hun - I know that you are right... 2 more weeks it is... BTW the Slime Rice was ok? but not something that I would want frequently... certainly helps bulk things up though... OK I am going to go to the gym tonight and vent my fustrations!

2 more weeks... and lets see where i am . I am not struggling to stick to plan which I suppose is a positive and i dont really feel like I am missing food... so in reality I am probably a bit better off then some people who do really struggle... oh well!

How are youdoing Today? hows the studying going?

Keep going to the end of March, that's the deadline I have as well. My weekend away has made me gain three pounds but I think I have lost two of these pounds already. I'm not suggesting you put on weight so you can lose it thought! I have seen the difference in the clothes I wear and my shape. Don't get me wrong I still only see the rolls of fat I have and have to remind myself of how far I have come. So do you.

Look at your BMI that shows how well you have done

Ok taken the decision to quit slim and save. I lost 1lb in the week. This is not for me anymore I did nearly 70 days and I don't think I can do anymore I am miserable and tired. So moving to juddd on Monday. I am going to have the weekend of just to get back to normal and out of Ketosis and then do fast days on Monday Wednesday and Friday. And eat normally under 1400 on other days and on up days I will commit to going to the gym.. If it can lose up to 2 lb I will be happy.. Going to give it a go for 2 weeks and see how it goes..

Indeed, if you're feeling miserable, tired, and the loss slowing down to such a massive halt even while 100%, your body is telling you it's had enough. You're doing the right thing! :) Well done for sticking to it for this long, you really have given it your all! A lot of people wouldn't have!!

Would it be an idea to do a small re-feed over the next week or two? Just so that the body can slowly ease into having more calories rather than it being a shock all of a sudden. The water weight coming back on may also put you off - you will feel more puffy and uncomfortable until you get used to it again.

Slowly and surely does it :)

xx

Yes you are right.. I will be slowly easing back in to food. And I am prepared to go up a bit even up to 5 lbs.. But it's time to get back to healthy eating and exercise and the weight will come off even if it is slowly.. But I just could not keep going. And I could not do another day in ketosis .. Let's see how the next few days go.. I am not going to step on the scales for a week as I know I will go up initially...

Happy mothers day xxx looking forward to a lovely day...

I worked out my bmr and to create the calorie deficit I need to stick to less then 1400 on up days and do 3 days at 500 calories and 1 day at 1000. Exercise at least 3 days a week I too create further deficit.

So going to give it a go for a few weeks.. Hopefully I can do 2 lbs a week.. Not really focusing on numbers in the scales as I don't have any firm expectations unlike the vlcd where I really expected to lose weight quickly.. Anyhow let's see how ring go... Either way I know that I needed a break from the vlcd.

Day 69 - So after a lovely weekend, I feel much happier. I have slowly reintroduced some rice in to my meals and although I was a little uncomfortable on saturday i was fine yesterday. So out of ketosis and now facing the wider world of food! I have started JUDDD this morning , with Today being my down day.. so I will be having 3 slima and save products today to keep me within 500 cals. tomorrow I will have an up day - I worked out my BMR and if I want to create a deficit to give me a 2lb loss I need to stick to 1200 3 times a week alternating with down days of 500 cals and 1 intermittent day of 1000

M W F - 500 cals
T T S - 1250 cals - with exercise burning 1000 cals a week.
Sun - 1000 cals

Basicallay if I dont get to the gym 3 times a week I will do a down day on Sunday ( I wear a heart rate monitor so it should be pretty accurate on calories)

I am hoping for a STS this week at best - what with the gain of water weight and me getting in to JUDDD.

I will monitor calories on my fitnesspal.

So thats the plan.... lets see how the week goes...

I already feel so much happier and better and I do feel that it was the right thing to do.

At the end of 2 weeks if things dont go well i can always go back to slim and save... but hopefully I can get the last stone off this way.

I hope you all have a fab dayx

So, Day 72 for you and 73 for me... How are you doing? :)

I'm glad you're feeling more happy :) That's the main thing! Why be miserable and starving? There's no point in doing it. People on WW do lose weight, slower, but maybe at this stage of your journey it should be a little slower to ease into things, for your body to adjust. The goal weight isn't a magical place or time, it's a continuous stream that will remain for the rest of your life. :) Losing weight is such a small fraction of the entire story!

Just don't overdo the exercise - you're still eating quite little on average for anything too strenuous!

:hug99:

x

Yey. The end of the first week.. I have STS which is great as I have cone off the vlcd moved out of Ketosis and started to eat healthy.. So I am really pleased.. Sticking to 500 call on down days is not to difficult and I don't go mad on up days. I still sick to healthy and good food. But I do have the odd treat.. I am really pleased... Let's hope now the scales will start to move down next week

I'm glad things are going well :) STS is a good result, I'm crossing my fingers for a nice loss for you next Saturday! I know you'll do brilliantly, your motivation is inspiring.

Have a lovely week - hopefully as stress free as possible!

x

I'm back... I have been fairly good over the last month but I have crept up a little. 5kbs to be exact.. So back to Sns to tackle the fain and the final stone once and for all... I am not feeling disheartened I know what I need to do and Tbh I have managed to maintain for most of the time and exercise well now.. I am now ready to move on and get rid of the last bit... Hope you are all well x

Hi Curvy

i have moved onto slim and save now as well. TBH I am finding it a struggle. The packs are far nicer but because I do not have to fave anyone at weight in I am falling off plan and cheating :-(

i must keep revisiting here to read yours and others threads for inspiration!

Back