cycling to get slimmer body?

mrtc

due to carparking issues im thinking of cycling to work, when i was skinny, i cycled every day, i put on loads of weight when i started to grosly over eat and stopped cycling/walking or doing any excersize.

i have since lost most of my weight but am still unhappy as im bigger than id like.

can cycling reduce the fat levels off my body, losing 3 stone has made a differance but i want to now tone up my body

gunna start today, im actually looking forward to it, theres somet nice about cycling to work although i dont have a fancy bicycle, its a heavy old mountain bicycle, although the heavier the bike, the more calories burned so, here goes nufin.

I cycle about 60 miles a week and it helps my weight loss any exercise will help :) basically cycling is quite low impact on joints as well :p Hope it goes well and also i think because it's cycling to work it's something you can stick at like a routine!

I started cycling to work when our car conked out and we were without a car for a few weeks. I loved it. Although we now have a car I still cycle to work as much as possible. I don't know how good it is at fat burning but my stamina levels certainly increased.

yesterday i was hit by a car, im ok but my bicycle is wrecked, the front wheel and forks are ruined

mrtc said:
yesterday i was hit by a car, im ok but my bicycle is wrecked, the front wheel and forks are ruined

:( hope you're ok!! Did they stop to check you were ok??
I'm thinking of starting cycling to work too, I reckon it'll only take me 10 mins at the most, quicker than walking and cheaper than the car

they didnt stop, but im ok, bicycle is in my shed now, not sure if ill get it repaired or get a new one.

i think i need new forks, new front wheel, new front disk brake,

cycling is an underestimated form of exercise, it is generally really easy but works every part of you. When I first ever decided I needed to lose weight I found it so easy to start swimming (which then increased to the gym) because I used to bike 6 miles a day to and from work. It never seemed like effort at all. I am going to hop on my bike at 7am to my leisure centre for a morning swim :) I think you burn about 150 cals during a half hr bike ride :D

Back