D*mn it, I ~DID~ fit in my dress!!!!! :o) I'm now married!! Report & pics included!

Well I'm now up to the end of week three - looking forward to seeing how much I've lost tomorrow!!! If it's only half a pound or something then I will be quite happy with that considering We've had friends down - normally I would have put on 3 or 4 lbs in that situation!!!!

Yesterday was suprisingly easy to get back on track with, if I wanted to nibble at something I had some water.. And some more water... And some more water - and drank 5l over the day!!!!!!

Off to church now, have got to sort out the rest of th evening invites this afternoon but my fiance is working so should be able to get them done!! And I'm going to try taking the dog for a gentle wander somewhere too - somewhere where there's water, he loves swimming!!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!!

Wow, where has the time gone??!!!

Well, I weighed on Monday morning and I've stayed the same this week - something I'm quite happy with considering as much as I could eat heathily while my friends were down I did have to come off the diet for a few days.. So a maintain is pretty good in my eyes and shows I can maintain when I get to target!!

Since then I've had no problem getting back on track, I'm glugging that water like you wouldn't believe!!

I'm struggling a bit with taking the shakes into work - I've tried different ways of shaking them but I can't seem to get them to come out in anything but a lumpy mess - and the lumps are horrid to swallow... I'm seeing my CDC this friday and am going to ask her about getting some tetras to try - I'll only need one a day to take into work with me because I have a meal at lunchtime and a shake before I go in - so would only be one a day on the days which I'm working!

My measurements are slowly coming down again too! Means clothes which were too tight I am slowly being able to get back into again! Am getting a bit concerned that my weight loss seems to have slowed down a lot and I only have 8 weeks til the wedding - I would love to be 20lb lighter than I am now but not sure if that's acheiveable now.. At least I know I can SS for a couple of weeks if I need to!!

Thanks Sonkie...

Well, yesterday was nice and easy, have really got back into full swing of this!!

Today has been pretty good too, went back to work for the first time and spent a long time with my manager working out a good package to ease me back in.. I also went to see the knee clinic, was seen by a lovely doctor - she doesn't think I've done any new damage to my knee (which is SUCH a relief) but wants to wait and see.. She's going to see me again in 4 weeks and then again 4 weeks after that (so that would be 3 days before the wedding!!!!) If I've still not got pretty much completely better then she'll take me in for an examination of the knee under (general) anaesthetic - keyhole surgery basically to see what I've done... So that was positive.. She also said she didn't think I should sit with my leg in a fixed position for the flight to the carribean (and will write me a letter to that effect to show the airline) - so I went to the travel agents, she rang the airline (who are a very very well known one) and they just wouldn't budge.. I can upgrade if I'm willing to pay for it - but having been off sick for so long I haven't been able to do any overtime... So that's out of the question.. The woman in the travel agent was quite cold about it after the phonecall - just said if you want to cancel you would be better to do it by the 19th May so that you only lose your deposit... Just pop it in writing... JUST ~POP~ IN WRITING THE FACT THAT WE'D BE CANCELLING OUR HONEYMOON, SOMETHING THAT WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR TWO YEARS?? *sniffs* *sniffs again* So that part of today wasn't too good....

But I came home....

Cooked h2b pork chop, new pots and veg...

And sorted him out a pud (berries and yogurt)

And drank my shake................... (ignoring the fact that we have bags and bags and bags of jelly babies in the spare room for our favours!!!)

So even though I came home blubbing I still stuck to it..

And drank more water!

:( Really hope knee gets better by wedding now....................................

Off to see CDC tomorrow, am going to get some tetras and try them!

Awww hun what a day.....hope your knee heals enough.
Nice of these big airlines to compromise ..eh !

Thank you sonkie... Yeah, hopefully my knee will get better....

They have you over a barrel really, I was told I couold cancel now and only lose 10% - but of course I want to be able to see if I would be well enough - which means waiting until the day where we would lose the whole holiday... Grrrrr.........

Ah well, h2b phoning the airline tomorrow, see what that brings...

Last edited:
Been a better day today with my knee - although I've done lots so now I'm very sore and very tired... And I'm back in work tomorrow - taking painkillers with me I think!!

Have got some tetras from my cdc, will try one of those tomorrow evening!! She was really pleased with my progress and said she can see a difference in my face which was cool! I also spoke to her about becoming a cdc myself after the wedding, she was really encouraging about that and thought I'd be really good at it! I'd love to do it - once the wedding is out of the way first though!!

Went to the cinema this afternoon (spiderman 3, good film!!) and resisted the popcorn, icecream and sweets again, it's getting easier to do now!!

Hiya.. Not today, we ran out of time... I'm off on Monday though so will be calling them then!!

Today??? I meant yesterday!!!! It's only 6.30 am so would have hardly run out of time today!!!!!

How much do you really want to go? How much extra money would it be? Would a drs note to your insurance co mean that the insurance would pay for the extra price? Worth checking everything before you cancel as you may regret it. At least you have a few days to research the details before cancel date
Irene xx

Hiya Irene...

For the kind of seats I would need we'd be talking thousands..... To go up to premier enconomy would be £1200 but I'd be no better off as I'd have no support under my knees...

Insurance is a sore point at the moment.... h2b said not to worry about taking out the insurance with the travel agents when we booked last year- he'd arrange our own....... Which I will do on monday... ;)

Wow, what a mad day it was at work today!!!!! I didn't stop!!! Knee held up suprisingly well, I was very sore when I got home but I wasn't too bad..

Was really hungry this evening so I've had an extra boiled egg today.. Figured it's better to eat if I'm genuinely hungry as one boiled egg now will stop me grazing my way through the evening!! I dont want to graze anymore - so am quite pleased I chose to eat something else, has saved me a fair few hundred calories!!!!

I also had a tetra tonight - wow, they are yum!!!! Had a chocolate one and diluted it with milk, tasted like a really nice chocolate milkshake, almost like a nesquik one! So will be trying the banana one tomorrow, hope it's as nice!!

Had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning - and was very pleased!! It's coming down!!!!!

I LOST 4LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh, I'm as chuffed as!!!!!!!!!!!! So that's 15lb in 4 weeks... I really need to lose just over a stone by the wedding - minimum of 17lb, 23lb would be amazing though!! So in just under 8 weeks I need to lose 2-3lb a week, job done!! I can really feel a difference now, which is great!!

Tried the banana tetra last night, it was really nice!!! I was a bit aprehensive since someone had described them as "devils' bile" (!!) and I could kinda see where they were coming from as I poured it, but once I put some milk in it, it tasted lovely!!!

Dont think I'm going to use tetras all the time, they do taste much sweeter and also they dont seem to fill me up as much after I've drunk it, not sure why!!! But they're going to be great for work!!!

Looking forward to trying my dress on, wonder if I can lose 3lb by thurs??? *unrealistic hopeful grin* ;) Ahh, 2lb by then would be great, would bring me down by 6lb from when I last tried it on!!

I've just measured myself - when I started I was 41-35-41

Now I'm 39-32-38

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just measured myself - when I started I was 41-35-41

Now I'm 39-32-38

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Helen!
I was 49, 37, 47 when I started.
I'm 38, 28,38 now so going the right way!

Wow, well done pix!!!!

Thanks Janey!

Well this morning started off with one of the vicars who is conducting our wedding phoning.. His Deanery have been so kind and raised an awful lot of money in secret and booked a lovely holiday for him and his wife.. All booked, paid for and arranged.. But, yep, you've guessed it, it's in the first two weeks of July... Which means he cant do our wedding.... We have three members of clergy conducting the wedding itself, the vicar of the church, the previous vicar of the church (who is now an arch-deacon and is coming back to do the service) and finally a vicar who I've known for years and years, is almost family to me.. His daughter is being my MOH, his grandson is being one of the pageboys... It's such a shame he's not going to be there, more the fact that he's not going to be able to share the day rather than be involved in the marriage itself, I've ALWAYS pictured him there... To have someone who means so much to you not be able to now play any role was hugely disappointing - for him and his wife as much as me....

This was after having many long debates with Virgin yesterday who were refusing to upgrade us yesterday despite me having a letter from the hospital saying it would be contraindicated for me to sit with my leg flexed for a long period of time and not have it supported... So this morning, h2b phoned the travel agents who re-costed the whole holiday if we booked now with premium economy seats and it was only working out at a £300 more, ironic considering that didn't include the £300 early discount booking bonus we originally had - so the two holidays were the same price.... The travel agents said that today would be the last day that we could cancel with only losing our deposit as, if you cancel with 56 days or more to go, that's all you lose... (35 or more it's 50%, under 35 days it 100%). So we managed to borrow some money and went off to the travel agents, booked the new honeymoon, have reserved seats up in the bubble (am very excited about that!) and get right the way though to cancelling the other holiday - at which point virgin say you are losing 50%. Why? Because the 56 days is to the hour of departure - which being as the flight leaves at 9am it means that after 9am you go into the next day and therefore we had 55 days and 20 hours - so we lost 50%. The travel agent was fuming and had no choice but to absorb the cost themselves as they had told us we could still do it today - and they're trying to fight it at the moment... I think that's really bad as they have our money for the new holiday!!!! It wasn't like we were cancelling and walking away!!!

I did get home to find an email from our resort saying that they had upgraded us even further - we had upgraded up to the second top room - they have now done us up the last bit to the top one.. I emailed them saying we had been hoping to do that but because I was off sick we hadn't and was there anythng the hotel could do - and they did!

So a mixed day - just still quite sad about the vicar and his wife not being able to be there, I curled up into a ball and absolutely cried my eyes out when I heard, was soooooo disappointed... (h2b was lovely, lots of hugs)

Been good with cd today, had two shakes and my boiled egg and am waiting for h2b to come home from work so we can eat supper but that isn't until half 8 - which seems like hours away!!! So am glugging water til then to take my mind off it!

Back