Daily chat...

oh wow thats fab Jo. Would she like to send me some ????

I can't believe her... she won't even let me pay her back!

what a great friend. :)

Afternoon, everyone!

First post on this forum/board, completely found the Dukan diet by accident this morning while looking through some online back issues of the DM.

Really spurred on by what I've read so far on the board and looking forward to giving this a try.

At my heaviest I weighed 14st 10 a good few years ago, got down to 10st 7 (not sure how that happened) after the birth of my daughter and am now back up to 12st 8 :( (not sure how that happened either)

I tried the mock bhf diet (all the eggs etc) and that did show a good result but was obviously unmanageable - this looks better.

I did the true weight calculation on the dukan website and it showed me I should be 10st 10lbs (ideally I was aiming for 10st 7lb before I did the calculation - but it's close enough :))

Anyways I just wanted to say hi

hope you're all having a good day

Hello there - you sound nice!

it sounds as if you're aiming for about the same weight as myself and Vicky... but you've a bit of a height advantage going on there!

So when are you going to start? Any questions? Ordering the book? We've got a menu thread, and a what are we eating today thread...

Lovely to have you...

VICKY - any news from Chez? Has she arrived? Is she melting in the heat??? Oh and how about Neilsbird?

Hi Maintainer :)

Yeah I have a slight height advantage but it seems like you both have quite the headstart with weight loss :)

I've trawled this board for an hour or so putting together a food list, was just planning on picking from that for a few days. Are there any benefits to food combining on this diet?

Today is going to be a fishy day I think :) have plenty of it in, so might as well...

all advice greatly appreciated 'til I get hold of a book :)

Don't worry though (cos I'm on holiday from 9th for a week, and I can gain a stone in far less!!)...

I don't know of any food combining tricks... (Vicky?)

Both V and I are rather keen on chicken and salmon (and prawns and scallops)... and so tend to revolve our menus around them... Sona is more adventurous perhaps... Jet is starting out...

The oatbran is probably where you can be adventurous as it's very versatile and you can do so many different things with it... use it as "breadcrumbs" to make a chicken kiev for instance (something I've never done, and will never do either cos I'm addicted to my Dukan muffins and, cos they use the day's allowance of oatbran, that's it for me!!)

If you wanna post a menu in advance, we could take a peek if you'd like...

I've just noticed "South Yorkshire"... so "another" northerner! :D

Do you work?

Yeah an honorary northerner ;) I've lived all over so not quite sure what I am anymore....

I'm not working at the moment - been applying for jobs like billy-o (whoever he/she is :)) but no joy as yet, been redundant since the beginning of the year...not helping the waistline any as I'm not as active since I've been out of work... :S

You start out with a period called attack which is the strictest PP (pure protein) phase...

Then you move into Cruise phase, where you alternate PP (pure protein) and PV (protein and veg/salad) days...

Then once we're all skinny, we'll talk about the 3rd (of FOUR) phases...

brown sauce or red... (North/South divide question!!)

hello alottolose ,vicks and jo are brill and all the others too still need to chat to them yet !!

im back from food shopping not clothes lol ,coz ive put weight on and all my size 10 jeans are all put away i refuse to spend more than i need on clothes that fit lol

Oh Jet...god help me I have too many clothes basically in 2 sizes, too tight and too baggy :p flimming annoying - the baggy stuff is so unfeminine and the tight far too clingy for my liking - hence the diet...

but god help me once I actually lose the weight - it ALL has to go - fresh start hopefully fingers crossed :)

ok so i'm in attack phase :) pp/pv p etc too confusing for me...

how much exercise are you all doing?

Maintainer - you're in France? Are you from England originally?

i know exactly wot u mean ,blinking clothes so unflattering unless we have loads of dosh (not)

Hello alottolose:) nice to have you.
what do you mean about food combining?

Those articles in the DM are really helpful (have you read all three?)but the book is fab. until you get it we will try and help as much as poss. :D

Jo - Cheryl text last night to say she was on ferry in a really posh suite. Lucky!!!!
caz is ok just busy with work - she is down to 8st 12now !!!!!!!

Hi there - yes I live in France now, but started out in England... down south!

"on what?" that question wouldn't arise cos I'd never have brown sauce on ANYTHING!

Clothes are a pain with this diet too cos you lose weight quickly and everything falls down! haaaa! I alternate the "bag lady" and the "sit down gingerly lady, else you'll split your trews lady" looks...

Today I'm wearing a summer dress (cos it's so darned HOT...). I now realise how much slimmer one looks in a dress! (One will bear this in mind next time one has OD'ed on forbidden fruits!!)

Vick - wow re Neilsbird - she's on Dukan yes? As for Chez, coming over here for long deserved hols, I envy her that too!

Exercise - I walk an hour per day, snow or shine (but no rain!)... oh and weekdays only! Weekends I weed, clean house, turn into a domestic goddess and usually overeat on lettuce!

Back