Daily chat...

You could put some lean fillet of bacon in it for taste... <and I am such a fibber cos it'll be chestnut stuffing all the way for me... with bread sauce over the top... and oh darn and blast it, we're having beef!! pffffffffft!>
ill be having whatever i fancy in m and s - wont be beef bf not keen.

YEP it was the civil service Jo lol....x

I'm the human hoover I'm afraid... remember "puts the bin in binge"....yep.... used to eat a full xl pizza to myself with all the toppings and chips :s...

x

at least we all seem to recognise that we used to overeat/eat badly as opposed to these 'it's not what I eat or how much I eat' people.

lmao im big boned - dukan says so!
i would buy a baguette, fill it with a whole triangle of brie like cheese and cranberry or tomato, 3 bags of ch and on crisps, bottle of wine and then possibly bag of buttons (omg mouth watering). I used to really fancy it and then when id finished i was like..i didnt really enjoy that! same with chish and fips.

lmao im big boned - dukan says so!
i would buy a baguette, fill it with a whole triangle of brie like cheese and cranberry or tomato, 3 bags of ch and on crisps, bottle of wine and then possibly bag of buttons (omg mouth watering). I used to really fancy it and then when id finished i was like..i didnt really enjoy that! same with chish and fips.

B***ard said I had small bones - clearly talking out of his ****:D

Lovely chat ladies! You managed to raise a smile from me at this unearthly hour, which is no mean feat!

Vicky - for my sister, she was a size 8 when she got married (back before they twiddled with the sizes) and only really got larger as I got smaller (shrinks would have a field day, I'm sure!). Yes she switched to the vodka this weekend, I hear, chose tandoori at the Indian takeaway and got away with both... easier at the outset though.

If I started dabbling with low carb, despite years of resistance (Atkins I never tried, for instance, despite trying many many - all? - others!), it was because "my way" wasn't getting me light enough any more. I got to 70K, then 67K, back when I smoked heavily, but after getting to 80K after my quit, couldn't get lower than about this weight now that I think of it. Here where I'm stuck again now... this is probably around my "stabilisable" weight, no doubt, but I'll never accept it this high!

Do any of you have an Excel file for recording just dates and weight loss in stones and lbs, by any chance?

Oooh and while we on the subject of myths - my weight is sticking here cos I'm building muscle with my walking... (anyone really believe that? I dunno!)

Very relieved ladies to have got through an evening on my own without turning to my usual past time. However, two red meat meals (bad planning on my part), and lots of veg and salad too have given me a +200g but hey it could have been worse. Tomorrow's weigh in is looking bad but I must look on the positive side cos I've not binged.

And how are all of you today?

Wow such chatter today!

Morning UK and France ... Oh and Scotland.

morning Jo et al.
Thats interesting bout your sister, but a lot of people but weight on once married!!! it was a bit of a joke with my ex and his army blokes. I see what you mean about low carb Jo. You should get body analyser scales to check on the muscle etc. or do you maybe think this is it with the weight. does dukan still say 10st 7 for you? (which reminds me im off to do mine now just to see :))

ssssh but Dukan has never said 10 stone 7lbs (67K ) for me... depending on how heavy I am when I do it, the lowest it's given me is 69.8K.

My sister is a non meat eater and a lazy cook and I think that can be a dangerous combination...!

is that 10st 13? is 10st 7 cos of clothes you havent worn?
oh yes non meat eater = danger..pasta and cheese and bread!

Not sure if I believe the old 'I've put weight on but its muscle' thing. Yes muscle does weigh heavier, but the more muscle you have the more calories it burns there fore, you should still be burning fat, and weigh less. Exercise makes me hungry. I do fast walking every morning for half an hour before breakfast. I'm dreading getting on the scales again, I bet I am still the bl**dy same

ah have you been very good Cathy? when is wi?

Imperial weights in excel: I have not tried I'm much more comfortable to work with kilos but this might give you what you need:
Help needed with weight loss calculation - MrExcel Message Board

If I'm feeling ambitious I might actually set up the sheet, but no chance at the moment.
I have an excel sheet (actually it's in openoffice) where I just enter dates and metric weights and plot a chart (dots not lines).

Calculating your "ideal" weight - a long time ago my mum had a simple formula: your height in cm, minus 100, then that result minus 10%.
For me that would be: (170cm - 100) = 70
70 - 10%(of 70) = 63

Now that must have come from *somewhere*, healthy eating advice in the 70s or 80s... Of course it does not allow for build and you'll have to view it with flexibility...

But that's remarkably close to what Dukan gave me (64, whatever I tried) and that's also what looks fine & comfortable on me now. I supposedly have a heavier build - I *do* have wide shoulders (even if nothing in the chest department) - I'm now a 10-12 on the bottom but a 12-14 in the shoulders.

So do we have any maths whizzes here? Sorry my brain is still needed for balancing the choir accounts for the audit tonight!

ah have you been very good Cathy? when is wi?

Friday mornings, but I dont have scales, mine lived in the bathroom and water dripped into them a week or so back. So havent weighed since then.
But it's TOTM again last one lasted 2 weeks and this one has come exactly 2 weeks after that, so a bit glad I dont have scales atm.

Hi Cathy - how do you know how you are doing? maybe best way!

Back