Daily Meal Posts

How long have you both been doing it for? I'm deffo thinking of moving up to ss+ next week! X

Only on my sixth wk but really don't feel i can do 12 weeks. My councillor said if Im struggling at the wknd I can do step 2 but if I want to do step 2 fulltime from next wk that's ok.

Shirley x

Only on my sixth wk but really don't feel i can do 12 weeks. My councillor said if Im struggling at the wknd I can do step 2 but if I want to do step 2 fulltime from next wk that's ok.

Shirley x

Wow you've done amazing I'm only on week two and don't think I can managed another 10 weeks!

I'm thinking ill mix ss at work and ss+ on days off xx

I think I'll mix it also. Just take it day by day. Total foodaholic!

The last couple of weeks have been a struggle but determined not to give up and do my usual of eating a load of c*#p. Can't believe I've managed all this time.

I will rid myself of this weight.

Shirley x

I had my lemon bar around 1.30pm. Been driven in doors by the heat!
Shaping up for a sunny Bank Holiday, yippee! B: banana shake L : chocolate mousse (much nicer than as a shake, methinks) half a lemon bar as a "little extra" as was shattered after walking Ollie - bonus was the muddy patch in the lane had dried up, so no need to shower afterwards! D: probably strawb/vanilla shake around 9pm.
Water so far is 2.5 litres plus my morning cuppa with dash of skim milk.
Lovely evening here with a few balloons going over!

Im struggling today.....starting to get really bored now :(
Northernlight, you can do this, sweetheart : look how far you have come already ! How about saying you'll get one stone off before your target date (that would take you down to 2.5 lbs per week) and then the other stone after target date (is it for a holiday?) - say by Christmas ?
Just think you are putting yourself under a lot of pressure at the moment, sweetheart. xx

I'm going to have a break I think and come back after my hols.....I'm really struggling at the min with the restrictions, think I need some normality in my life as everything is a bit fuzzy at the moment!

I've gone off track yet again... after saying just a few days ago that I was determined :( Not too awful, just picking at stuff like nuts and toast but not in excess I suppose. I'm working my final night shift tonight and then I've got a few weeks off until my term time job starts again, so hopefully I can pull myself together before CDC gets back off her hols! I will confess today's food intake in an attempt to stop myself eating any more:
Breakfast (at 4am) - choc tetra plus two weetabix & milk;
Lunch - 2 slices white toast (no butter) with tuna/crab/sweetcorn mix;
Dinner - Mashed potato (no milk or butter!) with sweetcorn and marmite (don't ask);
Half a bag of unsalted cashew nuts.
Yep, it's been one of those 'eat everything in the cupboard' days - luckily I don't have much in the cupboards, which may explain some of the strange combinations!

Can you have a mix a mousse and bar in the same day?! X

Yes you can... I did, all the time!

I've gone off track yet again... after saying just a few days ago that I was determined :( Not too awful, just picking at stuff like nuts and toast but not in excess I suppose. I'm working my final night shift tonight and then I've got a few weeks off until my term time job starts again, so hopefully I can pull myself together before CDC gets back off her hols! I will confess today's food intake in an attempt to stop myself eating any more:
Breakfast (at 4am) - choc tetra plus two weetabix & milk;
Lunch - 2 slices white toast (no butter) with tuna/crab/sweetcorn mix;
Dinner - Mashed potato (no milk or butter!) with sweetcorn and marmite (don't ask);
Half a bag of unsalted cashew nuts.
Yep, it's been one of those 'eat everything in the cupboard' days - luckily I don't have much in the cupboards, which may explain some of the strange combinations!
Just draw a line under it and start again- chuck out the rest of the cashews and clear out anything else in the cupboards that's tempting and easily grabbable! Must make things doubly hard doing a night shift, would imagine it plays havoc with your body clock.
Toast is my downfall too - the original comfort food to me, it's so quick to make and if there's butter in the fridge then that is a fatal combination- so I keep the bread in the freezer and have been buying Clover or whatever instead of the real thing.
New day, new start, RachelJane - the inches are coming off, which is the main thing ! xx

Just an update......definitely decided I'm putting too much pressure on myself, and I need to chill out a bit and get some of my life back. I'm going to do 5:2 until my hols in October, and then either get back on Cambridge or keep on with 5:2 depending on the results.

I've come so far but I know if I don't give myself a break I'm going to fall off plan and piling weight back on. I'll still be keeping an eye on you lot though :)

best of luck everyone, it's a great plan and I can honestly say its the best thing I ever did. Xx

Ooh best of luck with the 5:2 northernlight, sounds like you have made a good decision for your own sanity! I will be really interested to hear how the new diet goes, I am thinking of changing to another plan myself after my holiday as I am finding this really expensive and these last 2 weeks have been an absolute swine!! Realistically I dont think I will be able to make myself go back on it after my holiday (unless I put a ridiculous amount back on)

Oppsie I had two glasses of diet coke tonight :( when I'm on ss and ss+

Lets hope the ketones are still there tomorrow! X

Just an update......definitely decided I'm putting too much pressure on myself, and I need to chill out a bit and get some of my life back. I'm going to do 5:2 until my hols in October, and then either get back on Cambridge or keep on with 5:2 depending on the results.

I've come so far but I know if I don't give myself a break I'm going to fall off plan and piling weight back on. I'll still be keeping an eye on you lot though :)

best of luck everyone, it's a great plan and I can honestly say its the best thing I ever did. Xx

Good luck,Northernlight! You have to do what is right for you, and at some point we are all going to have to find a way of coping with food after CD
The 5:2 plan sounds like it would work well for you - let us know how it goes. Wishing you all the very best, sweetheart. xxxxx

Food today : B capuccino shake with lots of ice L two boiled eggs (delish! realised had not bought enough products to get me through to weigh-in, so had to have a meal at some point) D apple and cinnamon porridgw with extra mixed spice.

Back