Daily menus

Eishi - Unfortunately, wheat bran and Bran Flakes are two very different things.

This is the kind of wheat bran which Dr D recommends (doesn't have to be Jordan's brand, but that's the one I know and use): Jordans Natural Wheat Bran 375g by Jordans from GoodnessDirect

If you look at the ingredients, it is simply 100% wheat bran.

However, here's a link to the info page for Bran Flakes: Bran Flakes

As you can see, the ingredients list contains things which are definitely banned on Dukan:
Wholewheat, Wheatbran (21%), Sugar, Barley Malt Flavouring, Salt, Honey, Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12.

PP Day

B: Gallette + turkey canadian bacon
S: Hard-boiled egg
L: Grilled chicken breast + dijon mustard
S: Smoked salmon
D: Grilled sirloin + shrimp
Sugar-free Jello

(p.s. on my previous PV day I left my gallette til the end so I could have it like a desert, I've seen several menus that include some sort of cake, but I haven't figured out how to make it without the dairy. But I found some sugar-free jellies that I can spread a tsp on the gallette and have a desert-like experience - no sugar, no fat, 3g of carb per tbsp, so I figured that on a PV day I could have that without knocking myself off the train)

Bran flakes in the Bin!

Today - first day of cruise.
oatbran porridge & coffee
chicken salad - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot and french beans w quark and mustard dressing.
0% yogurt.
tonight i plan on prawn salad and steak w beans - are peas ok? i can't rind a reference.

Bran flakes in the Bin!

Today - first day of cruise.
oatbran porridge & coffee
chicken salad - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot and french beans w quark and mustard dressing.
0% yogurt.
tonight i plan on prawn salad and steak w beans - are peas ok? i can't rind a reference.

Unfortunately, peas aren't allowed, Eishi. A disappointment to me as they're one of my favourite veg.

Try and get hold of some of the Jordan's wheat bran, if you can. It's handy to have in case you get constipated and you can also occasionally use it in recipes (see the Recipes section of the forum). Just be sure not to eat too much of it and not to exceed your daily allowance, which I believe is 1 tblsp.

Yes crabsticks alas are full of sugar. Great for a snack when caught on the hop (having some tonight myself on the train cos less "obvious" than eating chicken legs when I'm not sure who'll be sitting next to me! Boy what must these people think when Dukaners eat on trains!!).

OK we've got you sorted re the bran flakes.

And, in tonight's salad, no carrots or beetroot (cos once a day things only, and you had beetroot at lunchtime!)

Cruise PV

B natural yoghurt and oatbran

L smoked salmon & broccoli quiche

D prawn fajitas (lettuce leaves instead of tortillas)
rhubarb and yoghurt

S 8 crabsticks

today pv day

B:muller vanilla yoghurt
L: tuna salad with creme fraiche
T:beef casserole, cooked in the slow cooker with leeks, onions, swede and courgette, then thickened the sauce up a little and added some wine that i boiled off
snacks tonight: SF jelly and oatbran porridge (forgot it this morning)

B: half cinnamon galette
L: about half a chicken in bbq sauce
D: fillet roast salmon, half pack king prawns, chicken breast, fillet smoked mackerel
S: bowl greek yoghurt with toffee muller on top

yesterday:
B: cinnamon galette
L: chicken salad
D: roast chicken with green veg, celeriac chips and bbq sauce
S: sweetened greek yoghurt with half a toffee muller

today:
B/L: quarter cinnamon galette, 1/3 roast chicken
S: rest of galette
D: 200g turkey & 100g prawns in luc lac marinade, quarter yoghurt cake
S: sweetened greek yoghurt with half vanilla muller

Monday PV
First a 4.5km walk (sniffling and coughing - awh bless I'm sick!)

B: Dukan muffins (cube of smoked fish in bottom of each and 1/3 crabstick on top!)

L: leftovers from PP yesterday (salmon, prawns, beef, chicken) + salad
fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt

S: sugar free yoghurt + 1/5 tofu yoghurt cake

D: 180g piece salmon + some prawns with FRESH steamed asparagus (YUM first this year!)

today
B cinnamon galette and a yogurt
L corriander and chilli omelette
D roast beef probably the whole thing
snacks chicken water pepsi max sf jelly

will write it all down this week to get back on track

B: half cinnamon galette
L: quarter chicken quiche, 1/4 yoghurt cake
S: rest of galette
D: 1.5 dry fried chicken breasts, 100g king prawns, 1 fillet roast salmon
S: sweetened greek yoghurt with half muller on top

Nice to see no one's posting menus but us couple of oldtimers. Why do we bother?!!

Tuesday PP -
4.5km walk (sniffling and coughing - awh bless I'm sick!)

B: Dukan muffins (cube of smoked fish in bottom of each and 1/3 crabstick on top!)

L: leftover salmon, prawns, beef, chicken
fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt

S: sugar free yoghurt + 1/5 tofu yoghurt cake

D: 2 x 100g 5% fat burgers with (dry) fried egg on top, and fromage frais+ mustard "sauce"

Had a 'clean' weekend, so PV x 2 for me this week!

Tuesday PV with cheese

B - Dukan porridge, yogurt
L - green salad, sprinkle of cheese and sorrel omelette, rhubarb
S - yogurt if hungry
D - courgette tagliatelle bolognaise with another sprinkle of cheese, fromage blanc

Thursday green PV (no cheese) - will update if changes

B - Goji gallette (and a few 'just picked this morning' cherries - oops)
L - fish in white sauce with spinach, fromage blanc
S - hard boiled egg white with fromage blanc dip
D - roast chicken with green beans, rhubarb and custard

(bought loads of rhubarb - having it most days - small amount to tart up the custard/fromage blanc - just now):D

Last edited:
B galette and poached egg
L chicken broth (well the carcus slow cooked all night and a Jo stock cube )
d chicken and steak

oooh Scrumps - Jo stock cube! (Are they any different? Do you notice?!)

Wed PV
4.5km walk to work

B: Dukan muffins

L: steak and green beans (at restaurant with friend)
fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt (back at the office)

S: sugar free jelly with 1/5 tofu yoghurt cake

D: 2 x mackeral fillets (Iceland - love 'em!) poached in a little milk, served warm over bed of crispy salad. Maybe boiled egg.

PV

B Dry fried egg and mushrooms

L Seafood salad

S sugar free jelly

D Dukan 'pizza'- galette with chopped tomatoes, herbs, onion, prawns and some quark. Rhubarb and yoghurt

my days food

Was this OK

B=0% greek yog, with oat bran and splenda
L=prawn quiche (quark, eggs and parwns)
snack=sliced chicken (packet as was out and about)
T=2 poached eggs and prawns

Today- PP

B- 2 boiled eggs, cup of tea with skimmed milk. Then a cup of coffee with sweetener and skimmed milk...was shattered this morning!

L- Will be cottage cheese and smoked salmon.

S- 2x crabsticks

D- Will be smoked peppered mackeral, the packs looked pretty massive so will have a look when I get in to see if I can stretch it out to form part of my lunch tomorrow. Then galette and possibly SF jelly if I'm particularly desperate.

Back