Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Friday- Plan

Breakfast- slice of wm bread, dairylea triangle, tomato

berries and total yogurt

Lunch- lentil and bns curry, mug shot

yogurt

pineapple

Dinner- chilli and sw wedges, rest of hea cheese.

movie night- pkt of twiglets (5 syns), candy floss (3 syns), special k breaks (5 syns per bag)

hea- 2
heb-1
syns- 13

Last edited:
So i'm up waiting for f1 to start and thought i'd try and get a plan on here while i'm waiting.

I might make some syn free scones today for snacking on and i fancy a smash pizza tonight. There is some baking to be done today as i have promised little one evry day this week. So cupcakes will be doing the rounds, not sure how i will resist! If at all.

breakfast- toast and jam (heb and 3 syns), banana

lunch- pasta n sauce and salad- extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

dinner- sw curry and chips.

1/2 syn roulade and frozen berries (0.5 syns)

hea- 1 and a bit
heb- 1
syns-4 (polishes halo)

Last edited:
I haven't been exactly on track this week and had a few days when I went over my syns but just calculated that I've used on average 14.5 syns per day so that isn't too bad. I am still playing catch up for last week though so am expecting a sts tomorrow at best!

Wow you have really done great in the last couple of weeks - Well Done.

Also watching F1 but did not have to get up early - it is 1.30pm here. Didn't think it was going to start at all.

Hi systema, thanks for popping by! I'm not sure whether or not it will go ahead or if I'll have to be up even earlier tomorrow :(!

Passing the time looking for recipes to cook over the weekend! Just came across some nice green syn free breakfasts and a cheese and onion pie. Yum! i'll have to have a good nosy at your diary, always nice to get some ideas for green days.

I am copying this fom one of the recipe threads to remind myself of the recipe. I think this may well turn out to be lunch today!

Easy Cheesy Potato Pie- 1 Syn ee and green. Stolen from Vixxter thread in recipes

Ingredients:
1 pack of cheesy smash (the little one that serves 3)
1 pack of cheese and broccoli Batchelors pasta n sauce
1 tub of quark
3 eggs

Optional extra: HEXa 42g crumbled feta, handful of wilted spinach

Method
Put smash and pasta n sauce in large mixing bowl and give a little mix
Pour water on top enough to cover everything and stir

When moist, add quark and stir in again
Add eggs slowly, stirring all the time
If you have big bowl of slimy goop right now, you have done this right!!

Add your additional ingredients, this could be cooked bacon bits, ham, a HEX of Laughing Cow Light, you could top with HEX of grated cheddar, cooked broccoli, mushrooms, flaked salmon. I like to take a handful of spinach, squirt with fry light and wilt, then stir into mixture with handful of crumbled feta (HEXa 42g)

Bake in oven for 30 mins on 190. It will rise and be all souffle-like and tastes a bit like a greggs pasty but without the pastry

Last edited:
Looks like you have another early, early morning :)

Do you make cheese sauce with cheese triangles? Put how every many you want in a micro proof dish with a little milk and micro - not for long, check and stir until they are melted.

That's a good idea, nice and quick. I was thinking of a blue cheese sauce with the laughing cow bue cheese triangles, so i'll give that a go!

Yes, another early morning/late night take your pick! I've bedded in on the couch with copious quantities of caffine to see me through.

I did a bit of baking today- butterfly buns and fairy cakes. But so far I have managed to resist.

I also made the half syn roulade, and it turned out delicious!

Even if you are not a baker I would reccommend giving it a go. Made mine with a bit of lemon flavouring in the batter and quark flavoured with vanilla extract and sweetner iside. Instead of putting fresh fruit in (didn't have anything suitable) I used frozen berries on top and it was lovely. I was afraid it would be a bit to 'eggy' (I'm not keen on eggs and it came out looking like a baked omlette).

For half a syn (for the whole thing!) it certainly sorted my sweet cravings.

Systema- Just had a look at that and it looks delicious! It would be lovely for a bit of a change and as we have chickens i'm always looking ways to use up the eggs. You have some lovely food pics in your diary, I am going to have to nick some recipes!

Did you get to watch the f1 in the end? It was well worth the wait up for it, so glad to see it back and an excellent race too!

So i'm off to have some spiced rice pud i've made in slow cooker (made with water, cardomon, cinnamon, cloves and sweetner). Going to mix in mango yogurt, a bit like the sw mag recipe but no fresh mango unfortunatley.

Sausage sandwich for later I think (after 40 winks) and maybe a big pot of irish stew in honour of St Patrick's Day!

And of course you can break lent on St Patrick's Day so a bit of choc later :p

If you want any of the recipes from my diary just ask.

You would not believe what has happened here - told you earlier they had put Chinese football on instead of f1 - well we went shopping, rushed back and got settled to watch the race and the whole of the Cable system was down (and still is). Went downstairs to the bar and nobodies was on - not happy bunnies today.
Have been reading it on the net but it is not quite the same. Hope it comes back on as we can get Australian TV and it is on there later - fingers crossed.
We were in Melbourne 5 years ago when Hamilton won the Championship and it was so hot they were hosing down the crowd and all the drinking water bowsers ran dry - it was about 40C - bit different from this week-end.

Did you get seeing any of it in the end? It was a great race, looking forward to this weekend. I would have been livid, I have seen me drag my husband around some dodgy looking places on holiday to find somewhere to watch the race.
We were at British GP in 2008 but it was a case of brollys and ponchos, Melbourne sounds ather more attractive!

Only saw the start and the finish on Oz news :mad: Skyped son in UK at lunch time and he was just about to watch race on BBC so could not talk to him about it.
TV has been fine ever since.

Sunday 17.03.13- St Patrick's Day- Flexi Syn day

Had planned to flexi syn so using up the remaining syns for the week to give me a guide to stick to.

Breakfast- free spiced rice pud with berries and ff yogurt

Lunch- dh made a gorgeous 'beef' casserole (quorn steak strips, carrots, onion, potatoes, butter beans, stock)

small piece of fruit bread (5-ish syns)

flake from a 99 (5 syns?) in mcdonalds with the kids so that wasn't bad.

lm sausages (free)

Dinner- smash pizza (lm sausages, pepperdew peppers, mushroom, hea of cheese), sw wedges

slice of choc swiss roll (10 syns), special k chewy delight (heb), 3 vodka and slimline (7.5 syns it was st patrick's day!)
hea- 2
heb- 1
syns- 27.5 syns

Syns available for week- 105
Syns used- 104 lol

Oh and i weighed in yesterday at 128lbs so I make that 2lbs off (129.9 last week). Pleased with that!

Today- Bank Holiday here :)

Breakfast- free rice pudding, shape vanilla yogurt, raspberries

Heading off out, so not sure what will happen about lunch yet. At home probably make carrot and lentil soup, out maybe a baked potato and beans.

Is it your usual weigh day - if so well done on the loss. Is that your target achieved?

I weigh in on Sunday mornings, I did weigh after the race but never got a chance to update. It is a good day, keeps me on track Fri/Sat night but allows me a wee blow out on Sunday.

I don't know what my target weight is tbh. It was 9st 10lb when I first started back in 2010. But now I'm 9.2 so way past that.

I think I would like to get in the 8's, don't know why just think it sounds good! I suppose a good size 10 would be more a motivation, I am determined not to buy any more jeans until i'm a size 10. I don't think it's that far off tbh, my 12s are getting pretty baggy- I nearly flashed everyone in the park when my son tugged on them today!

On the Sunday weighers thread, there was a bit of a discussion about what our motivations are for losing weight today; it's interesting to look at why you want to do it, I have so many reasons!

Breakfast- rice pudding, shape vanilla yogurt, raspberries
fruit salad (apples/strawberries, pineapple)

lunch-carrot and lentil soup, tomato, beetroot, bit of hea cheese, syn free 'scones'

alpen light (part heb)

dinner- mash, baked beans, peppered steak. sw cupcake (2.5 syns).

Made the sw strawberry cupcakes today nbut used raspberries instead. 2.5 syns each and they're yum. Having one now with a cup of tea.

tea and toast before bed probably.
hea- 2
heb-1.5
syns- 5 (and maybe 8 depending on what i put on my toast).

Back to work tomorrow (boo!) so mostly leftovers from today planned.

Last edited:

Breakfast pineapple. Porridge with yogurt and raspberries

Banana

Lunch carrot and lentil soup syn free scones dairylea triangle. German biscuit 9 syns approx

Alpen light

Not sure what is happening for dinner. Might be at my mums which is delicious but a lost cause as far as keeping on track. And i darent mention slimming world or i will get told i 'dont need to lose any weight'etc.

Back