Daiquiria's Diary- Green Days

Well it was mums for dinner....

2 jacket potatoes, salad, garlic mushrooms, beetroot, sweet chilli sauce and sweetcorn relish. Approx 9 syns?
Piece of coffee cake 12 syns.

30 syns.... Oops

Hea 2
Heb 2
Syns 30
Week so far 38 syns

Breakfast pineapple

3 ryvitta wholegrain dairylea triangle tomato

Lunch jacket potato baked beans, banana

Alpen light and shape yogurt

Dinner- pasta and tomato sauce quorn

Pineapple cream 10 syns

Hea 2
Heb1
Syns 10

Morning everyone! heres hoping we all have a great day.

Breakfast porridge made with water, yogurt and raspberries.

Mid morn- banana

lunch- last nights veg pasta sauce bulked out with beans and linda mccartney sausage. maybe a slice of bread.

Fruit, yogurt.

Dinner- we are going out this evening to a concert but have to go home, pick up kids, collect babysitter and then go all the way back down again. getting the train so will pick up a few low syn treats in m and s and have a picnic

Had a great night last night, but it ended up totally off plan! Sent my dh into get some salad/sushi etc. to eat on the run. What he came back with was not low syn.. Nor were the jam doughnuts. And I appeared to have left my willpower at home. I ate 2! Ah well. I would say 30 syns roughly for the lot.

Today isn't going well either, the cold weather is bringing out the comfort eater in me. And my husband has just made a delicious looking victoria sponge.

Where has my motivation gone lol?

Feeling very out of control with my eating the past few days. With one thing and another I haven't been in charge of what I've been eating (although I know, yes, ultimatley I am responsible for what I put in my mouth!) but I feel quite unmotivated because of it.

Today DH made a victoria sponge and i had a slice with tea for my afternnon break- i.e. he sat it beside my cup of coffee and I ate it .:rolleyes:

Anyway, I have made (if I d say so myself) a delicious looking lentil and bns bake for tea. Angel delight for the kids and i've made the low syn 'mousse' with ff ff and sf jelly for me 0.5 syns.

Making pizza toasties with my remaining hexs tonight I think. And have attempted my own ice cream/frozen yogurt type thingy for something sweet later.

Just wondered if you were awake and watching TV - just started raining in Malaysia.
Got a Dish TV this week so no useless cable - HD TV and the picture is brilliant - fingers crossed it stays on this week-end.

The cake problem is what I face when we are at home - my OH bakes all the time - bread - cakes - biscuits, anything that takes his fancy. Thank goodness I prefer savoury to sweet but I do like the vegan chocolate cake he makes for our son. Thank goodness we don't have an oven where we are now as he would be passing his time baking but I do miss it for pasta bakes and lentil loaves etc.

Last edited:
Oh yes I'm up and eagerly waiting quali to start!

We are all bakers in this house and it's worse as the LO's love to bake as well and it's hard to say 'no we can't make a cake, because mummy will just eat it all' as obviously, to them that is the whole point!

http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/218827-instant-mash-pasties-2.html

These are definitely going to be my lunch today! Mmm cheese and onion pasties with baked beans. Fingers crossed I have some instant mash in the cupboard!

Rice pudding as usual on the weekend for breakfast, cooking away whilst I watch the F1. Yummy with some raspberries.

Incidentally my frozen yogurt turned out lovely last night, really enjoyed it. I love yoo moo yogurt and it was a little like that. The vanilla and choc sprinkles would make a lovely version too, roll on easter so I can try it!

At a kids birthday party today, so we will see how that goes. Need to look out some dinner ideas.

I think I am heading for a gain tomorrow

Well i made the pasties for lunch- hea of cheese, onion, grated carrot and topped with baked beans- it was lovely! Will def do again, maybe with quorn mince and gravy.

Had a slice of pavlova at kids party- scraped most of the cream off so 9ish syns, 2 chewits= 1 syn, ginger snap 2.5 syns- 12.5 in total.

Dinner is a three bean chilli with sw wedges, topped with a heb of cheese, jalapenos and total yogurt in place of the sour cream.

Tonight's Nibbles-

I've made a bean pate with leftover beans from the chilli (beans, quark, 2 garlic cloves, lemon juice and soy sauce). I'll have that with a heb of ryvitta wholegrain crackers and maybe stuff a few pepperdew peppers. I also might have a martini and low cal tonic as I read on another thread that it was 2.5 syns per 50ml! Used to drink it years ago by the shot lol, cheap and cheerful. Got a bottle of extra dry martini (another brand) for £3.50. Can't beat that!

hea- 2
heb-1
syns- 15

So I've aleady had 107 syns this week lol and there is still tomorrow to go. I have to say my week wasn't just as bad as I'd seemed to remember, I though it was much worse. Still, I don't feel much of a potential loss, think I am having a 'fat' week :p

Planning on a sw cooked breakfast tomorrow and really looking forward to it after the race!

Wish I had some instant mash - one of my comfort foods.

Hope you are enjoying the race -"it's good un" but sick of the adverts in the Star Sport coverage, not used to that.

I am loving it! But alonso went out so not a great day for the ferraris but it is a great race! Glad ur getting to watch it. That is one good thing about sky and bbc no ads.

Had weetabix bitesize, raspberries and ff yogurt layered up in a glass. Very pretty and tasty too.

Today

Breakfast- weetabix bitesize heb, ff yogurt, raspberries. Leftover pasty from yesterday.

Lunch- potato and leek soup, salad and dressing 2 syns, quorn fillets.

Bit of flapjack 6 syns

Dinner- 'fry' sausages 1 syn, mushrooms, beans, tomato, sauce. 5 syns fried potatoes, slice of wm bread.
Yogurt and oat cookie 3.5 syns.

Jacket potato and bean pate. 3 ryvitta crackers.

Hea almond milk
Heb- weetabix split-part bread/ryvitta
Syns- 13

Evening - I have just got up and your bed time. What an ending to that race, I always want Webber to win and could not believe what Vettel did !!!

I am just going to cook some rice for breakfast, forgot to get some weetabix yesterday so will give it a try as breakfast although we eat enough of it for dinner. Just tried on my tight shorts and sure they feel a little looser so hopefully I have lost some weight these last 3 weeks, sometimes wish I had some scales but if I am honest I am looking forward to getting weighed for the first time when we get back and I am hopefully back at my target.

I know I would have liked to see him get the win as well, he always seems to have such bad luck. It was poor form from Vettel and certainly won't do him any favours. I could understand if it was toward the end of the season and it was key to the championship but it's a bit early in the season for that.

At least you got to watch it this time round, it was pretty gripping stuff.

I can't believe youn haven't been weighing yourself, I would find it even harder to stick to plan than I already do. But it is a big motivation when something that didn't fit well is now just nice on you. That would give me more satisfaction than a pound off! You have put it into my head; I bought a lovely trench coat last year but it always pulled across my stomach so I've never worn it :( I will look it out and have a fitting!

I got a STS yesterday when I weighed in which wasn't too bad after the wobbly week I had. Hoping to shift a lb this week and that'll be half a stone off in total!

Back