Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Rough night. Sally in agony with her foot, the wound wash made her cry (and she's hard has nails) so antibiotics for a week - but she's got a raging temp. Sam is also off school feeling sick and having certain 'man' problems which probably also need antibiotics, but couldn't get him in the docs this morning and I have to be at class for 9.15am in the morning and have to stay until its finished which is normally about 12.30/1pm else I don't get the class free. So hope I don't get a snotty receptionist and she can get me an afternoon appointment tomorrow.

I know I sound selfish and I know my boy is unwell but I NEED to go to class EVERY week to keep me on track. I also need to hand his science BTEC course work in tomorrow has its the cut off day and he's not well enough to do it himself.

Sally wants to come to class with me tomorrow morning but she takes ages to walk because of her foot and its a good 15 minute walk anyway and then all the walking afterwards and I don't know whether she'll manage it....my heads a bit like arrrrrrggggghhhhhgghhhh!!!! :D

So anyhoo...

Breakfast: coffee by the bucket load.

Lunch: the last bit of sweet potato and carrot soup with a wholemeal roll with laughing cow cheese and salad.

Dinner: Im planning on making the SW cheese and onion pastry-less pie and hope it don't look like the slop I made last Friday. Gonna have beans and baked potato with it.

Will post a pic and recipe if it turns out semi-decent.

Soooo.....weigh in tomorrow! Hubbs has predicted my weight loss spot on every single week so he's predicted a 2lb loss tomorrow which will be brilliant meaning my first stone could be achievable within the next 2 weeks at 1.5 lbs a week!!!! :) but I don't wanna count my chickens..but it would be amazing to be a stone down within 6 weeks.

Right off to feed and water the invalids and the furbabies.

Oh thought you might like to see a pic of 3 of my babies. Kitty and Rosie are obviously upto no good elsewhere lol. So front is Ruby middle is Dennis and back is Daisy.

xxx
View attachment 83288

:)

Awww how cute are the furbabies! I have one - my little dog charlie hes a treasure!

Sounds like a rough few days coming up. I hope the kids are better soon xxx

Your poor family. And you too as their Mum. Can anyone else take Sam to the doctor's if you can't get an appt at the right time? Does he need an adult to go in with him for the consultation as I can see it sounds like something that he'd not want many people to hear him talking about it. See how your Sally is tommmorow, if she's not up to it can you let her come with you next week? Anyway, I'm sure you don't really need suggestions form someone who doesn't know all about your family. I hope you do get an appointment at a convenient time.

It's good to hear you sounding so positive despite the setbacks and problems.

These particular furrries litter mates? They look like a lovely little family. We've got an all black one. The only cat I've ever paid for, all the others have turned up as desperate little waifs in the garden, or needed a home for some other reson. He was a wild kitten and he scratched and bit the children as they were then and no one loved him except me. We now have a really strong bond, he has mellowed a bit but try and move Marvin somewhere when he doesn't want to move and he'll let you know all about it. My party trick is to pick Marvin (The Destroyer) up and have a cuddle with him after someone else has tried and failed to get him of a tee shirt or whatever. He knows his mummy ;)

Fingers crossed for 2.5 lbs tomorrow :)

Your poor family. And you too as their Mum. Can anyone else take Sam to the doctor's if you can't get an appt at the right time? Does he need an adult to go in with him for the consultation as I can see it sounds like something that he'd not want many people to hear him talking about it. See how your Sally is tommmorow, if she's not up to it can you let her come with you next week? Anyway, I'm sure you don't really need suggestions form someone who doesn't know all about your family. I hope you do get an appointment at a convenient time.

It's good to hear you sounding so positive despite the setbacks and problems.

These particular furrries litter mates? They look like a lovely little family. We've got an all black one. The only cat I've ever paid for, all the others have turned up as desperate little waifs in the garden, or needed a home for some other reson. He was a wild kitten and he scratched and bit the children as they were then and no one loved him except me. We now have a really strong bond, he has mellowed a bit but try and move Marvin somewhere when he doesn't want to move and he'll let you know all about it. My party trick is to pick Marvin (The Destroyer) up and have a cuddle with him after someone else has tried and failed to get him of a tee shirt or whatever. He knows his mummy ;)

Fingers crossed for 2.5 lbs tomorrow :)

I suppose I could ask my eldest to chaperone him if I get a suitable appointment...just gotta get an appointment first and unless you exaggerate the symptoms and make out its life or death you're lucky to get an appointment within a fortnight.

Sally has decided that she will meet me for a Starbucks after my SW class and then we can walk to the market (slowly) together so I can get my weekly soft fruits and berries.

My black puddings are all rescues. Dennis is 7 and I found him wet through under a car whilst I was on the way home from work late in the evening. He was flea-ridden, had sticky eye had a belly full of worms and was underweight and barely 5 weeks old. Within half an hour of him being taken into the house he crawled up Tonys leg and demanded cuddles - he chose us :)

Daisy was from a rescue centre who was put up for re-homing at 5 months old because she "didn't get on with the other cats in the household" which is a load of b*llocks - she's nearly 2 now and as always been the softest most beautiful gentle natured little girl and gets on brilliantly with the 4 other furbabies.

Ruby is the 'ickle baby' I went into town one day for fresh chillies and mushrooms and came home with a little black bundle of gorgeousness after calling in the petshop which I often do. She was the last of a litter of 8, I couldn't leave her. That was 6 months ago - and she again is a beautiful sweet natured little softy-purrbag.

They all are lovely natured except maybe for our little calico Kitty-Witty. She had a rough start was kept out side in a box in all weathers not much contact with either human or cat. She had a stomach parasite for the first 6 months of life that wasn't treated properly so she's ended up small and nervous. But she loves my daughter she 'grooms' her face and tries to get under her hair (my daughter got hair down her back) she sleeps with her etc. she will come and love me from time to time but only on her terms, one minute she's hissing and howling just because one of the other cats has walked past her and the next she's spazzing round the house wanting to play, wouldn't change her for the world even though she's a psycho lil she will always be with us no matter what, anybody else would of had her Pts I feel because of the vets fees and her behaviour sometimes, I just love her, she's going no where...your Marvin reminds me a little of her.

Rosie is our little tuxedo baby. I was caring for my mum one Sunday afternoon when my cousin asked could I take her in. One of a litter of 5 living behind someone's settee worried half to death by dogs. My mum was very poorly and passed away a few weeks later. But when my cousin brought this little scruffy black and white girl over to me a few weeks before she scaled up my mums bed and curled up on her chest. She's my chunky monkey and along with Dennis sleeps with me and is the same, a very purry soft-bag who loves cuddles and fits in brilliantly.

They're all house cats and last year I spent a few hundred pounds having 2 huge cat gyms fitted on the landing -they're VERY spoiled! But I don't smoke or go to the pub or go on holiday and only drink once or twice a week - my fur babies are my addiction :) xxxx

I've just remembered how much I hate it when there are 2 teenagers bouncing off each other in the house with nothing better to do but wind each other up....god I could kill a large ice-cold medium white just about now, and another, and another....and..

This was tea, SW cheese and onion 'pie' it was like a very substantial quiche, it was nice if not a bit sickly so don't think I'll be making it again...

image-4085817654.jpg

It's forecast 10cm of snow here during the night and tomorrow, typically tomorrow is when I've got so much to do. As long as it stays snowy and not icy I can cope. Hope the kids are a little better tomorrow and my patient keeps.

Hope you're all having a lovely Thursday!

....catch ya later xxx

10cms of snow! Gosh. It's freezing here and I think I'd better have a look at a weather forecast now you've said that. Here's to peace amongst your bouncy teens, are they bad tempered because of their ailments?

More cat stories .... love the idea of the enormous cat gym thingy for yours ... my Marvin really came into his own when the next intake of babies came. My young people .. it's a long story .. rescued a batch of four kitttens that had escaped into the road from a 'kitten farmer' who wasn't looking after them properly. They cam to our house in a sorry hungry state with a couple of them with bad tummies. He adopted them. I think part of his problem was that really he needed more youngsters to play with and he became Uncle Marvin. He washed them and looked after them, slept with them and of course played with them. There was the odd unfortunate incident when poor Marvin's hormones overwhelmed him before he wes neutered but I think Scout has forgiven Marvin.

Tell you how biased I am towards Marvin, I hadn't quite realised before this incident. There was a kerfuffle around the cats surrounding my husband and I asked him what had happened. Dh told me that Marvin had bitten him and Clover. My response was 'Poor Marvin' thinking that something must have happened to upset him. Yup, I must watch this tendency towards favouritism.

10cms of snow! Gosh. It's freezing here and I think I'd better have a look at a weather forecast now you've said that. Here's to peace amongst your bouncy teens, are they bad tempered because of their ailments?

More cat stories .... love the idea of the enormous cat gym thingy for yours ... my Marvin really came into his own when the next intake of babies came. My young people .. it's a long story .. rescued a batch of four kitttens that had escaped into the road from a 'kitten farmer' who wasn't looking after them properly. They cam to our house in a sorry hungry state with a couple of them with bad tummies. He adopted them. I think part of his problem was that really he needed more youngsters to play with and he became Uncle Marvin. He washed them and looked after them, slept with them and of course played with them. There was the odd unfortunate incident when poor Marvin's hormones overwhelmed him before he wes neutered but I think Scout has forgiven Marvin.

Tell you how biased I am towards Marvin, I hadn't quite realised before this incident. There was a kerfuffle around the cats surrounding my husband and I asked him what had happened. Dh told me that Marvin had bitten him and Clover. My response was 'Poor Marvin' thinking that something must have happened to upset him. Yup, I must watch this tendency towards favouritism.

My kids could be in different continents and would still manage to wind each other up to the hilt :D

I'm hearing you with Marvin, I'm pretty much the same with Dennis and the 2 younger ones - I shouldn't but I can't help it. Marvin sounds wonderful!...totally my kind of cat. Daisy is very maternal towards Ruby and if she's sleeping in one of the cat beds she tolerates ruby laying full stretch across her. We have 8 cat beds, not counting the sleeping 'pods' on the cat gyms, but you can bet that you will find daisy who has grown to be the biggest out of the five, curled in a ball in one of the tiniest beds with ruby on top of her full stretch lol..

Okay people Im off for the night - early start tomorrow and have my weigh in at class so gonna try and have an earliesh night xxx

Sweet dreams and fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Sleep well and let us know how the WI goes x

Okay people Im off for the night - early start tomorrow and have my weigh in at class so gonna try and have an earliesh night xxx

Hi just back from feeding badgers and am bushed so just want to say good luck or tomorrow!!! Will be checking obsessively til you post!! Xx

woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo well done!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

3.5 off!!! :D

I'm in class at the mo' but will do a proper update later xxx

Freaking Nora woman you are ON FIRE! Please tell me you were slimmer of the week because you deserve a prize for that! How much is thy altogether? Hooray for your first award! Bet you are feeling fantastic! Hooooooray!!!!

Thanks girlies :D

I.am.flabbergasted!!

That's a total of 12lb in 4 weeks - just need another 2lb next week for my first stone :) no slimmer of the week for me, someone lost 5lb :O but its a massive group with lots of people at target who have lost loads and people who are losing loads, think you have to be pretty amazing to get S.O.W to yourself because its often shared by 2 or 3 :).

Anyway will do a quick update because just got in and need to eat - Friday is notoriously busy for me.

Breakfast: coffee (hexA)

Lunch: slice turkey breast with a huge salad and 2 whole meal rolls (2xhexB) and low fat salad cream (2 syns). Very hungry today!!!

Dinner: a mixed grill something Ive been craving for - with oven baked tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. And a fry-light egg.

I'm going to mix up my days, have a few EE and a few original and a few green days and see what happens because I think when you start craving for things that's when you're in danger of binging or snacking.

Shopping tonight so might be late before I get back on.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Friday :) :)

xxxx

Thanks girlies :D

I.am.flabbergasted!!

That's a total of 12lb in 4 weeks - just need another 2lb next week for my first stone :) no slimmer of the week for me, someone lost 5lb :O but its a massive group with lots of people at target who have lost loads and people who are losing loads, think you have to be pretty amazing to get S.O.W to yourself because its often shared by 2 or 3 :).

Anyway will do a quick update because just got in and need to eat - Friday is notoriously busy for me.

Breakfast: coffee (hexA)

Lunch: slice turkey breast with a huge salad and 2 whole meal rolls (2xhexB) and low fat salad cream (2 syns). Very hungry today!!!

Dinner: a mixed grill something Ive been craving for - with oven baked tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. And a fry-light egg.

I'm going to mix up my days, have a few EE and a few original and a few green days and see what happens because I think when you start craving for things that's when you're in danger of binging or snacking.

Shopping tonight so might be late before I get back on.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Friday :) :)

xxxx

What a fantastic weigh in Lisa!!! So chuffed for you!!!!

Your food sounds lovely today! I dont know if I could do the extra easy, its the getting the 1/3 of free food on my plate I would struggle with. Not necessarily for tea but for lunches as Im at work however I could have salad. Not going to want to do THAT if this weather keeps up. Im a sucker for something warm when its freezing outside.

Well done again!!!!!! :D

Back