Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Yes yes you are right I must see it that way!! I do always want a big start loss to motivate me but actually I'm so into it at the moment it doesn't matter. Trouble is as I lie in bed I work out how much I can lose by when etc and get so carried away in my slim world (am also miraculously 19 again of course)!!!!

Another good week starts here!!!

I do that to! lol..I think soooo far ahead it's funny. I think about actually getting those size 14 jeans over my knees can actually envisage myself doing it. It's not such a bad thing to plan ahead....I would love to feel 19 again! You never know once we thrown all this weight we'll be darting around like 2 spring chickens lol :D xxx

Ahh well done that's brilliant.

I do that to! lol..I think soooo far ahead it's funny. I think about actually getting those size 14 jeans over my knees can actually envisage myself doing it. It's not such a bad thing to plan ahead....I would love to feel 19 again! You never know once we thrown all this weight we'll be darting around like 2 spring chickens lol :D xxx

hee hee yes let's hope so! i always picture me on a beach in a bikini which is weird because even when slim i hated it! right, better scoot, hubby ready for c25k week 1 for the second time so got to get my trainers on. keep up the good work and thanks for your support !x

Nice quiet house today so done nothing other than plod around playing my favourite music and doing lots of cooking, it was bliss :)
Breakfast was left over cold rice pudding mixed with cherry yoghurt and grapes and very nice it was too a little like a very stodgy porridge. Lots of coffee followed (hexA)
I made cheese (hexA) tomato and onion omelettes for lunch with baked beans, hubbs comes home for his lunch when he can.
Spent the afternoon making soups. One was a curried parsnip soup and the other was butternut squash and carrot. So tea was a small bowl of each with 4 dark rye ryvitas (hexB) and some laughing cow blue cheese (hexB). Don't recommend the curried parsnip much, but the other was very nice :)
Had a sweet tooth craving all day so have decided to have a huge chunk of my weekly syns and treat myself. I ended up with quite a few syns left over last week and some days was using them for the sake of it so to avoid that situation again I'm having the syns when I REALLY need them and I REALLY need lots of chocolate and sweets tonight :D
So...

21.5g maltesers - 5.5 syns
10 liquorice allsorts - 10 syns
2 foxes Viennese edition biscuits - 8 syns

Off out tomorrow with my friend. He's the one who owns the dog whom I walk when he's at work. I've known him it seems like forever and he is the closest I would say to having a best friend or GBF, yes he is very much gay lol. Anyway its his day off tomorrow so he's going to hold my hand round the shops and then we are having a small tea at the pub before going to the cinema and watching the new Tom Cruise movie so I'm really looking forward to that :)
Hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday evening xxx

It's been a bit of a :( kind of day..

That's the trouble with having depression/anxiety there's no warning when it comes to visit, it just makes it self at home whether you like it or not. Taking a paracetamol doesn't take it away like an ache or a pain. Anyway Ive just kept myself to myself all day and read and talked to my cats lol this mini downer will lift in a few days - it usually does.

Breakfast was coffee.
Lunch was cheesy (hexA) beans on toast (hexB) with 2 fried eggs fried in fry-light which makes it syn free and it was lovely - bit tricky getting them yolks cooked through in fry light but managed to flip the eggs before the yolks broke all over the pan (my pet hate).
Tea was tomato, onion and herb pasta in sauce with sweetcorn and 2 Quorn sausages.

Tea was a bit of a throw it together kind of thing because I was due to go out tonight for a meal and cinema with my friend but he called this morning to say he was unwell and could we reschedule...think it was good timing really, I'm not the best of company today at all.
Not got any plans on using any syns tonight considering I spent 23.5 syns on sweets and chocolate last night - probably just some fruit and yogurt and an early night for me, me thinks.
Have a lovely Wednesday evening xxx

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I have struggled the last couple of days. Sadly I think prompted by week 1 disappointing loss. I struggle with hypochondria (linked to depression/anxiety) & it's much worse when my weight gets me down. I know, like you, I will suddenly be much better in a day or two. Counselling tomorrow which really helps. Have let my meditation slip which is deadly for me!

You're doing great sticking to plan though and should be proud of yourself. As my med teacher says 'always be gentle with yourself'. X

Thanks Michelle :)
Since eating tea I've basically sat upstairs flicking the channels on the TV feeling a bit vacant and pretty much switched off from it all but not switched off enough that I stopped myself eating 30 syns worth of quality street with a cup of tea ...grrrrr! so I'm at the end of day 2 on week 2 and troughed nearly 60 syns worth of sweets and chocolate :( this week is going to be really difficult syn wise me thinks. I've just got really psycho type sweet tooth at the moment, there's no getting away from it...it's either sweet/chocolates or murder!!. I'm getting out the house tomorrow not matter what mood I'm in, I'm off to see my sons girlfriend for the afternoon while my son is off travelling to a job interview...and my mantra will be NO.MORE.SWEETS! :) xxx

Hey how're things? Hope you had a better day today. Don't be hard on yourself re the sweets - you will turn it around, there's no rush and no point making dieting harder than it needs to be by berating yourself. I realised the other night I'm SO hard on myself with SUCH high expectations and "drum roll" I'm only human! Yes not an expert in everything or right or perfect!! Just me and that is actually ok. you must remember you are making changes & that is positive & you're on here encouraging & helping others and that's important too. Treat yourself to something non sweet related. Xx

I've actually had a far better day today :)

breakfast was coffee and another coffee (hexA) - not really getting the breakfast = food thing everyday.

Lunch was a sliced Quorn sandwich (hexB)with a smidgen of extra light mayo (1 syn) a banana and an apple.

Went to see my eldest sons girlfriend today to keep her company and also get myself out the house for abit. I had a spicy sweet and sour mug shot and a punnet of blue berries whilst there.

When my son came home, he was asking how I was and how I was getting on with my medication, then he suddenly came over to me and gave me a cuddle and said "never mind Mum you're gonna be ok especially now that you're going to be a Nan"... To say I was gob smacked was an under statement I burst into tears!. It's just what this family needs to be honest some thing nice and positive to happen, 2012 was a ridiculously cruel and hard year.

I only got home from my sons at around 6.30pm. Hubbs had to go for a ECG and some blood tests so we ended up having tea really quite late for us. Which was noodles mixed with leeks and peppers and a blue dragon stir fry chow mein sauce (5 syns).

I'm trying to use my syns more sensibly and bought some options hot chocolate drinks to try and calm this manic sweet tooth that's driving me mad at the moment. I actually actually think its due to the medication I take. One of its primary side effects is weight gain and it seems within an hour of me taking it in the evening. I start to want bread cakes and sweet things. I can't take it any other time because it is also a relaxant so I take it about 3 hours before bedtime and all I want to do is stuff my face right up until I turn my lamp off!. Hopefully these hot chocs will help curb it. I have a med review on Tuesday and I think after 5 weeks and still having horrible side effects and them not really sedating me or lifting me anymore it may be time for a change.

Anyway I'm off to have some yoghurt and fruit and an hazelnut options hot choc (2 syns)
Hope you all have a nice Thursday evening :) xxx

Well done for a super day and congratulations! Keep with today's positive attitude.

Hi Lisa, with regards to your sweet tooth, might be a good idea to try making a dip of 1 tub of quark, an Options hot chocolate sachet, and some artificial sweetener? I love it, and it can easily be paired with fruit, especially grapes and satsumas, perfect snack for me!

Hi Lisa, with regards to your sweet tooth, might be a good idea to try making a dip of 1 tub of quark, an Options hot chocolate sachet, and some artificial sweetener? I love it, and it can easily be paired with fruit, especially grapes and satsumas, perfect snack for me!

You know I've had pot of quark in the fridge and was wondering what to do with it, and since I bought a hazelnut highlight choc drink and some choc orange ones think I'll make some sort of mousse thing with it and add orange jelly or something.

Thanks people :) xxx

Last edited:
I've had a very relaxing Friday so far today. I only managed to take my medication last night at around 10.30pm so that basically stuffed today up a little for me. I don't know if any of you remember the time that Kerry Katona went on This Morning and was slurring her words and looked and sounded drugged up/ drunk? and it was all because she had taken her medication too late the evening before....well that's what happens to me on this medication if I take it too late the night before. I was due to go out with my GBF and Alfie the wonder dog for a stroll down the canal but I would more likely stagger and fall in lol so called it off. So it's took me a few hours before I stopped feeling like a zombie but I've just chilled with the heating on and half watched the telly and half wondered off into space lol

breakfast was my normal coffee(s) (hexA)

Lunch was 4 dark rye ryvitas (hexB) with 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA) and a small bowl of some left over homemade butternut squash and carrot soup.

In the afternoon I made some choc orange mousse type thing with the quark, sugar-free orange jelly (1 syn ) and some options chocolate orange powder (2 syns) just waiting for it to set - it's massive pot so will hopefully last 3 servings which only works out at 1 syn for a huge bowl with some well drained tinned mandarin segments thrown on top.

Tea is cheese and red onion omelette (hexB for the cheese) with SW chips and baked beans. Will take a pic if I remember :)

Don't have anything planned for tonight syn wise, will report back later if I do.
Happy Friday everyone :) xxx

My tea :)

Cheese and onion omelette SW chips and baked beans.

image.jpg

The echoes of my diet crashing and burning can be heard all over the house :break_diet:

Serious psycho sweet tooth strikes again. Went to Asda to get the weekly shop, got everything I needed for a SW week got my weekly menu sorted etc....then I saw them :eek: Boxes of Terry's All Gold Dark chocolate reduced from £7 to £1.75!!!! I bought one box (even though I wanted to buy 5 lol) with the idea of having 4 or 5 chocolates and being sensible about it all.

Anyway..... Fast forward to only getting home 4 hours later with a boot full of shopping everyone hungry and the chocolates sitting on the kitchen Work top winking at me..... One cup of tea and 30 minutes later the box is minus one layer and I ashamedly have to accommodate 60!!!! syns worth of delicious chocolate that I stuffed willing without force into my gob......but bloody hell they where absolutely gorgeous :D. So I have gone over by 21 with my overall weekly syns so if I behave tomorrow and Monday I might stay the same on the scales or if I'm just totally jammy and fluky I may have a loss.

Anyway for the sake of momentum here we go...

Breakfast lots of coffee (hexA)

lunch chopped boiled egg and salad sandwich (hexB)

I haven't had tea yet because I'm still full up to the nostrils with dark chocolate, I shall report back later hopefully with something sensible and not to tell you I've scoffed the other layer of chocs :party0051:

Hope you're all having a good Saturday :) xx

So I've been good and sensible and used my remaining healthy extras for cheese and made a cheese and onion 'smash base' pizza and it was absolutely devine :) xx

image.jpg

Back