Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Stand on those scakes and be proud.

One pound gain. If you ask me I got off very lightly indeed. I deserve this gain in fact I probably deserve more than a pound, so Ive been fortunate. I'm not going to take the hiss out of the plan anymore. New day, new week, syns back to normal. I'm aiming for at least 2lb loss this time next week, 3lb would be nice because I then would of completed my January challenge of 6lb loss, and 4lb would be even better because then I would of achieved half a stone loss in a month which is what I was always aiming for, to keep on track. Anything less than 2lb off next week and I will be disappointed.

You only get out what you put in, Ive learned my lesson and its definitely kicked me back on track. Into my 4th week of the plan and only 3lbs off is not good enough in anyone's standards especially at my size!.

Anyway onwards and downwards for me this week :) x

Not had an half bad day considering it started by me staring miserably at the scales. But hey ho!.

breakfast was a mullerlignt yogurt with a banana and an apple and coffee(s) (hexA)

Lunch was homemade butternut squash, carrot and sweet potato soup with 4 sesame ryvitas (hexB) and it was gorgeous!.

Had an apple later in the afternoon.

Tea was this..
image.jpg

Broccoli and cheese pasta. Made from boiling some pasta and broccoli then draining and stirring through 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA)

I'm thinking a packet (34g) of fruit polos - 7 syns with a few cups of tea later along with my mandatory muller light yoghurt, tub of sugar free orange jelly (0.5 syns) and some well drained and rinsed tinned mandarins which I'm going to eat tucked up in bed half reading and half watching Supersize Vs Superskinny

I'm determined to manage these syns better than I have been doing.

Hope you're all having a nice relaxing Tuesday evening :) xx

Well done for not beating yourself up! Could you maybe plan each day how you could spend your syns? I've never tried it but who knows.

Morning Lisa

I hope you are revved up & ready for another 100% day so we can lose our 3lbs!!

well I didn't even eat my fruit polos that I synned for yesterday so ended up only having 2.5 syns for a sugar free jelly and a hot chocolate :) so my engines defo revving on premium :D

Today's been good so far :) will report in later when Ive decided what I'm having for tea xx

I have had a very weird type craving for brandy today :confused:...

No breakfast this morning just fancied coffee (hexA) and vimto.

Lunch was 4 sesame ryvitas (hexB) and small bowl of homemade butternut squash, sweet potato and carrot soup and half a spicy sweet and sour mugshot. Only ate 2 of the ryvitas and ate quarter of the mugshot.

mid afternoon eating was a tangerine a banana and a small pear.

Tea was 3 Quorn burger (1.5) with 2 tbsps of gravy (2 syns) half a corn cob, some peas and some baby potatoes chopped up with the skins on and roasted, it was delish! :)

image.jpg

Don't know what will happening tonight regarding the syns don't actually feel like I want anything sweet other than my normal yogurt and Sugar free jelly. I do keep imagining brandy and Pepsi with lots of ice - weird has I very rarely drink and when I do it's normally out of a can and comes in a pack of 4 and after 2 of the 4 I'm normally dribbling and falling asleep :faint2:

I will report back later if I get upto anything. Today has actually been a :badmood:kind of day, not depressed or fed up just on one, don't help when the hubbs came home for lunch and what started off has a chat about the kids ended up a full blown domestic and where he had the choice of flouncing out the back door to carry on his diva sulk at work I was left to dwell and steam at home only for both the kids to come home and start rowing with each other and winding each other up. Well you can imagine I was in no mood to play referee - so the general mood is very heavy at the moment, each one of us in a different room all of us seething at each other for different reasons...

Ahhhh the joys of family love :hmm:

might get fissed as a part :party0016::giggle:

xxx

Last edited:
Oh the delights of family life!! My hubby and I had our first row in about 5 years at Christmas - oh how I hate a sulker! I want a good old 'heated discussion ' (because I know I'd always be able to wheedle it around to my way!!!) but oh no we had Boxing Day 'festivities' being civil in front of others and silent on our own. Grrrrrr!!!! Your day sounds very minimal. Do you find you feel quite full up though? You will storm the 3lbs at this rate but don't forget it's 5 syns minimum a day so treat yourself.

I have actually felt quiet full up recently. Think the last few weeks Ive been eating the free food for the novelty of it, im making a conscious effort of eating when Im hungry. But I do tend to have maaahhhhoooooosive portions and that's not going to be ending anytime soon :D.

I'm actually sitting here typing this and Im on my 3rd brandy and Pepsi - if you knew me you would hyperventilate with shock lol this is soooop not me. I've got half a bottle of the stuff in the kitchen can see me drinking 3 quarters of it easily have put 40 syns for the half bottle because Im not sure.
Me and Hubbs are doing the civil thing too, he's being very civil at ignoring me and I'm returning the compliment :censored::D not doing putting up with the sulking thing tonight!.

I've not had anything to eat since tea time but think this brandy and Pepsi is a bit of a filler :silly:- I'm gonna have a proper phat head in the morning :coffee:

xxx

Now I remember why I don't drink and when I do it's not a lot. For the first part of the day I didn't know whether I was on me head or me ass :D lots and lots of coffee and vimto and 2 paracetamols later I'm beginning to feel a lot less like a zombie ....but unfortunately still look like one :sign0137:

Quiet day today so far. Hubbs didn't come home for lunch so I assume he's still competing in the sulking Olympics, he must be nearing to at least a silver now lol.

Breakfast was a muller yogurt a banana a small pear and an apple and lots of coffee (hexA) and vimto. I woke up starving and could of murdered a bacon and egg butty but only if it was cooked for me, I forgot how lazy my hangovers are.

Lunch was 4 ryvitas (hexB) with 4 laughing cow cheese triangles and a chicken mugshot. I could of eaten more but I've also been dehydrated all day so have just carried on drinking sugar free vimto cordial alternating between tea and coffees all afternoon

Tea is going to be a take-away. But I'm being good and having a vegetable or a mushroom chow mein with some boiled rice. I can't find the syns for a vegetable chow mein so looking at the syns for a chicken chow mein, Im synning the vegetable one 10 syns for the whole portion. I'm absolutely starving! and really looking forward to this :eatdrink023:

Im also looking forward to an early night - I shall never waste my syns on alcohol or at least that much alcohol again lol:drunk:

Hope you're all having a lovely Thursday - catch you tomorrow when I'm more human and less zombie :zz: xx

Expected snow showers today but sitting here looking out the window and its very dry and clear.

Of course the school panicked and was texting me at 11am about the possibility of having to send the kids home early because of impending weather conditions.

I know I'm going to sound like an old fart but when I was at school I don't remember ever being sent home because of the weather, even if the heating broke down we sat there with our coats on and carried on, if the kitchens couldn't serve hot meals for whatever reason we would stand in the dining hall and queue for sandwiches, there's was no such thing has a day off for teacher training or a day off because the school was being used as a polling station... The only time I was off school was if the doctor said I was nearing death and couldn't make it :crazy:- I'll stop now because I'm beginning to sound like my mother and father rolled into one :D

No breakfast today just coffee (hexA). Braving Asda tonight after tea, got too much to do tomorrow to do the shopping as well. So we are a bit like old mother Hubbard at the moment. But breakfast doesn't normally bother me anyway.

Lunch was delish!! :drool: Had 2 Quorn burgers (1 syn) on 2 slices of bread from an 800g loaf toasted (2 hexB) that had been spread with 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA). It was really yummy and very filling. A sandwich is so much better with 'normal' sized bread but can't afford to throw two healthy extras away on one sandwich but it made a nice change and is nice to have a couple of times a week.

Tea is going to be Quorn spaghetti bolognese. I'm using 20g of reduced fat cheese (3 syns) to go on top else it just wouldn't be the same. This is going to be wolfed down at great speed so I can get to shopping, the sooner I get there the sooner I'm back home.

While I'm out I'm going to get some fruit salad chews and some black jacks chews, they're only half a syn per sweet they may help me not to go over board at the weekend on sweet stuff. I'm also going to get some pink and white wafers think they're 2.5 syns (??) I read somewhere that they're lovely slightly warmed in the microwave and go all gooey. I've also got lots of little pots of sugar free jelly at hand and mullerlights too. So apart from glugging 40 syns worth of brandy down the hatch the other night I've haven't used a lot of my syns and certainly haven't binged or gorged on sweet stuff like I have been doing so the weekend is looking good considering I'm well within my syns still :).

will report back later if there is anything to report back on :D

Have a lovely Friday peeps :) xxx

Looking good. I think the loss week is going well! I did asda weds so am all stocked up and am attempting dhansak tonight. Yummy I hope. It is frrrrrrreezing here in n essex. Was in London today so gymming at weekend I think as v sleepy! Right must go and complete my diary as have neglected it!

Mmmm I love dhansk with mushrooms and big fat chunks of onion. It's absolutely blanketed in snow now about 4 inches have come down since 4pm and its now 10pm and it doesn't look like its ready to stop any time soon.

Had to take my beloved furbaby Dennis to the vets tonight, it was cystitis has I thought - £97 later we dropped Dennis back off home and went off to Asda. By the time we got back from doing the cheapest shop since the beginning of December 2012 the snow had well and truly settled in and we were all starving.

so we had this :)

image.jpg

It was really nice but I'm crippled with heartburn now, too much garlic.

Anyway it's P.J time gonna make myself a bournville hot choc and watch all the telly on catch up :) xx

Had a very busy Saturday for one reason or another, which in a way is a blessing because I've had a psycho sugar-monster head on again but not hung around much anywhere to stop and eat rubbish.

Sitting here with a massive bowl of chopped fruit to try and kick this sweet tooth, got a sugar free jelly and a muller light on stand-by just incase and 28g of mini weetabix with warm milk and sweetener sugar and a hot choc if all else fails. But if it does hopefully it will be daft o'clock and I will have to go bed or worse case scenario I might of exploded already.

Breakfast was a vanilla mullerlight with a banana and a few lovely coffees (hexA)

late lunch/early tea was 3 egg omelette with 40g reduced fat cheese (hexA) and onion and a load of baked beans thrown on top and 4 sesame ryvitas (hexB)

Had to travel out to see my friend who is stuck in hospital with her little daughter who was born at 24 weeks. She only weighs 1lb 13oz and its been touch and go these last few weeks so my friend has been staying at the hospital in special quarters. Thing is the hospital is shut to visitors for patients because of the norovirus so my friend is stuck in there not as a patient but no one is coming to see her because they don't get to see her little daughter because the ward is closed down to visitors. So me, hubbs and the kids spent an hour or so with her for a catch up and a chat. I didn't feel shy or stuck for words or uneasy or anxious whilst there either!. It's amazing how different I feel since Ive refused to take my medication I actually feel less anxious and nervy and my mood seems to be lifting on its own and I actually feel more in control - long may it reign :)

We also called in on another friend on the way back to collect some shelves so another hour spent chin wagging and drinking coffee - this is not the norm for me, not one bit not even with people I've known for a long time.

So because we pass by our eldest sons flat on the way home from my friends we called in there too :D

I'm planning on having a mugshot and if I don't end up having the mini weetabix I will use my left over hexB for 4 ryvitas to dip in maybe with some marmite on.

Tonight is a REAL tester for me because this is where I've ended up doing the most damage each week to my syns. But I don't care how many mullers or fruit it takes I will have a 100% week this week how else am I going to unlearn this bad habit of bingeing on chocolate and sweets?, because that's all it is a bad habit and if I can learn it I can unlearn it too. I kicked a 40 cigarette a day habit so can do this too.

Hope you're all having a lovely relaxing Saturday, here's hoping that I won't be reporting back in with news of me having a choc fest or crashing and burning on the plan again.

Catch you tomorrow :) xxx

Evening

You will not be reporting back with news of sugar meltdown because you have it all under control. It's great, you have got the defences all lined up and ready if you need them & yes if you find it really hard then go to bed! We will do it this week and I guarantee you the 'naughty' sweet stuff will not feel as good as weigh in day knowing you have given it your all. I think too for us, having the control will really help us with anxiety because we will show we are strong and if we can control food we can control our moods too as much as is possible. I know if I were slim I'd worry less because I'm a hypochondriac and I think I'm going to make myself ill because I'm overweight so take the weight away and away goes the health worries!!! When I was slim 8 years ago I was so much less worried...

So great about your trips out too that is great progress and you need to be proud of that.

Just a few more days and the week will be done and if we can do one week... !!

Mx

How did your evening go? Everyone loves a chow mein.

Another 100% day here girls :D

I didn't give in last night, ended up going watching a film in bed with a cup of tea and a mug shot and some ryvitas.

Woke up today with the familiar tickling in my throat and dry cough that indicates an oncoming cold/cough. Been lucky that I've not really suffered badly from either this winter and I'm sure it's down to me not smoking any more :)

So needless to say I've had no breakfast or lunch today but lots of tea and coffee and vimto.

Tea was Quorn roast with sprouts, carrots, peas, whole green beans, potatoes mashed with fat free fromage frais, dry roast roasties and a little bit of gravy mixed with mint sauce.

I then had some tinned mandarins with a sugar free jelly and a muller light yoghurt it was lovely and soft on my throat too.

Ive still got 1 hexA and 2 hexB's left so Im thinking 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (hexA) and 4 sesame ryvitas (hexB) and then maybe later 28g mini weetabix with some hot milk and sweetener for bedtime.

I've got through this weekend and I could have quite easily have crashed out hard, I think I've already decided that if I crashed out again in the binge style that I have been doing lately then I wouldn't be going back on the plan or weighing myself until I got my head in the game, so think that has stopped me from crashing out because I really want to succeed with this I want to lose weight just as successfully as I quit smoking and that's it, in a nutshell, full top.

Saturday nights and Sundays are the worse normally. I've usually got all the kids around and they like their milkshake and Doritos not to mention the pick and mix type sweets and chocolate - just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean they have to be so where that's concerned I've tried not to make changes with them but amazingly they've been really good and have been quite happy to snack on mullers and sugar free jelly's and fruit not too mention most stuff I cook on SW :).

Since I've started the plan again there are a few staples that I know I would seriously struggle if I didn't have them in the house. Blue cheese triangles, ryvitas, mullers, sugar free jelly and mugshots - these have helped me through some of the grrrrrr moments that everyone gets, and I do love my tinned fruit and I don't care what they say about synning it, it's strained within an inch of its life and to be honest I probably eat less of it because there's only so much you can fit in a tin and I don't syn it, infact I've never synned tinned fruit in its own juice but I've always strained it through a fine mesh colander simply because I don't want my jelly and yogurt swimming :) so the syn police need not bother mentioning all the dos and don't lol :D

Skinny legs the chow mein was gorgeous and I will defo have it again I had it with curry sauce on top and it made it even better and worth the 16 syns that I over-synned it at :)

so here's to another 100% day and the power of mind over matter and amen to muller lights and fruit :)

hope you're all having a lovely relaxing Sunday xxx

Back