Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Well back from the cinema. Watched "Mama" another good movie completely spoiled by a ridiculously cringe-worthy far fetched ending. What is it with movie script writers these days? They seem to lose their marbles half way through writing the script!...

Anyway...(kicks soap box back under the bed)...

For my cinema treats I had a bottle of diet coke and a pack of blueberries, and a lunchbox full of chopped up strawberries and grapes :) no popcorn, no pick and mix and no share bags of sweets!!! I go to the cinema at least twice a month - I have NEVER EVER!! been known to resist cinema snacks, even if it is only a handful of popcorn or a few pick and mix sweets, me taking fruit to the cinema...!!!!!

Oh and a large cafe Americano without milk but with a shot of sugar free hazelnut or vanilla syrup is SYN FREE!!!!!. This is a revelation for me I go to Starbucks at least once a week and always meet up with my eldest or his gf there...no more stressing about syns at Starbucks!...YAY!

:) xxx

You're truly angelic. I can see the glow of your halo down here in essex! Good one - you are 'in the zone'! Films with ridiculous endings - I hate them. Sometimes I would rather a depressing ending than a predictable schmalzy one.

Bed now as achey breaky. One more day and your first week is done, just like that, that easy...

Speak tomorrow x

Hiya Squeakie :)

It's the boot up the arse I needed if I'm honest couldn't of come at a better time for me. Thanks for following me - need all the encouragement and support I can get, have you got a diary? Post me the link we can support each other :) xxx

Thanks Lisa, don't have a diary yet, but will let you know once I pluck up the courage to begin one. Thx

Well I've had a lovely day so far today :) pottering round the house cleaning and batch cooking soup :)

My first official weigh in at a SW class tomorrow!..I'm actually really excited I'm not dreading it or nervous because I know I've been a million percent on it, will be very interested to see what the scales say, anything more than 2lb off for my first week is a realistic want I think.

Anyway breakfast was a slice of hovis seed sensations bread spread with a laughing cow blue cheese triangle and coffee.

Lunch was a snacky kind of affair with a few chopped up kiwi fruits an apple and a fat free yogurt and loads of juice didn't fancy much else. I think I'm actually due on and considering I've not had a proper full period since my mum passed a away last August I feel this one is coming on with a vengeance - it's making me feel a little queasy already and the back ache has already started. My doc doesn't know whether I'm starting the menopause early or my periods have been affected through the stress of my mum dying, think I'd rather be on the menopause, and I think all ladies who get to a 'certain age' and have had children should be able to take a tablet to stop all this menstrual nonsense I've got 3 grown up children and too old for more so I shouldn't have to put up with this every month until I'm 50+, saying that the doc did take a blood test last week to check my hormone levels seemingly this can tell whether you're in the early menopause stages or not, results in 10 days...Anyway I've deviated from the topic again lol.

Dinner is going to be quorn burgers with carrots and peas and oven baked jacket spuds with the inside all mashed up with laughing cow blue cheese triangles, can't wait! probably have a fat free yogurt after that and some grapes and tangerines.
Will be posting my loss tomorrow afternoon after class might get a bit later in the day because having lunch straight after at the SW friendly cafe.

Hope you're all having a lovely Thursday :) xxx

Well I've had a lovely day so far today :) pottering round the house cleaning and batch cooking soup :)

My first official weigh in at a SW class tomorrow!..I'm actually really excited I'm not dreading it or nervous because I know I've been a million percent on it, will be very interested to see what the scales say, anything more than 2lb off for my first week is a realistic want I think.

Anyway breakfast was a slice of hovis seed sensations bread spread with a laughing cow blue cheese triangle and coffee.

Lunch was a snacky kind of affair with a few chopped up kiwi fruits an apple and a fat free yogurt and loads of juice didn't fancy much else. I think I'm actually due on and considering I've not had a proper full period since my mum passed a away last August I feel this one is coming on with a vengeance - it's making me feel a little queasy already and the back ache has already started. My doc doesn't know whether I'm starting the menopause early or my periods have been affected through the stress of my mum dying, think I'd rather be on the menopause, and I think all ladies who get to a 'certain age' and have had children should be able to take a tablet to stop all this menstrual nonsense I've got 3 grown up children and too old for more so I shouldn't have to put up with this every month until I'm 50+, saying that the doc did take a blood test last week to check my hormone levels seemingly this can tell whether you're in the early menopause stages or not, results in 10 days...Anyway I've deviated from the topic again lol.

Dinner is going to be quorn burgers with carrots and peas and oven baked jacket spuds with the inside all mashed up with laughing cow blue cheese triangles, can't wait! probably have a fat free yogurt after that and some grapes and tangerines.
Will be posting my loss tomorrow afternoon after class might get a bit later in the day because having lunch straight after at the SW friendly cafe.

Hope you're all having a lovely Thursday :) xxx

Hey include those who dont have kids and never want them in the bracket of those who would prefer menopause!

I am fully crossed for you (hubby upset!!) and I'm hoping so much you get some good losses ( better than mine) so you get a real boost up front. I will be waiting for your results tomorrow with bated breath. You've been so good and deserve a good oomph. Glad you're excited - you are definitely a new Lisa!

Today was good . For once busy at work and quite amusing. Glad you've had a lovely day. Lets hope tomorrow is STUPENDOUS!!

Xxx

FIVE WHOLE POUNDS GONE IN A WEEK!!! :) :) :) :)

I'm seriously chuffed to bits!. Really really REALLY!!! lol

Anyway is just a quick dash in and a quick dash out - will report in fully later on this evening :) xxx

Well done you... That's fantastic :clap:

That's amazing well done you x

FIVE WHOLE POUNDS GONE IN A WEEK!!! :) :) :) :)

I'm seriously chuffed to bits!. Really really REALLY!!! lol

Anyway is just a quick dash in and a quick dash out - will report in fully later on this evening :) xxx

Hoooooorrrraaaaaaaaaay!!!! That is FANTASTIC!

I have to confess I have been a right stalker today checking in loads since lunchtime to see whether you'd posted and when I saw you had until I saw the amount I actually felt nervous for you - no joke! I just so wanted you to have a great week to get you going and am soooooo pleased for you. You are already well on your way. 2 next week and that's half a stone gone, disappeared, vanished. Poof, just like that in one little old week - and I bet it wasn't even that hard was it? When I think oh yawn weeks/ months of sw dragging ahead I think straight after 'so what'? I've realised I don't really want crisps/ chocolate/ sweets /wine as much as I want a sexy booty! I miss meals out but may have one next week to dip my toe in the water and see whether I can be good- ish and the impact it has. Am so jealous of your sw cafe!

So a last woooop woooop yip yip hip hip hooray & I will head off to be tortured by jillian michaels for the last day!

Hope you're on a high. Bask in that feeling because you can have it every week. Mx

Whoa! What a day....busy, busy, busy!!! But believe me when I say for me that is a very healthy sign :).

Breakfast was a banana and coffee. It was really difficult doing the exercise class before weigh in because you're so aware of the amount of water you drink when you stop for a breather - I was so worried it would affect my weigh in, but I do admit I took the tiniest sips of water and was relieved when I could get weighed then I downed a massive bottle of water and a coffee!

The 'friend' I made last week saved me my seat this morning :) just something like that warmed my heart I know I'm a big softy but those things I appreciate. We chatted like we'd known each other for ages. SW class is fast becoming the highlight of my week!.

Lunch was SW brekkie at our lovely SW friendly cafe. Beans, with a griddled egg, 2 quorn sausages and 2 slices of whole meal toast from a small loaf they even made the cup of tea with skimmed milk for me :).

Tea was SW chips, mushy peas and fried egg and it was lovely.

I only got in from food shopping at 8pm so not long settled down for a catch up with Tony and how his day has been. I'm enjoying a few brandies tall over ice with zero cherry coke and feeling very smug and pleased with myself! :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The 'friend' I made last week saved me my seat this morning :) just something like that warmed my heart I know I'm a big softy but those things I appreciate. We chatted like we'd known each other for ages. SW class is fast becoming the highlight of my week!.

Oh, that's really sweet.

Been cleaning all day so far - makes me wonder what happens to all the cleaning I do in the week..

Breakfast was sesame ryvitas with laughing cow blue cheese triangles and green grapes.

Douwe Egberts have brought out a range of flavoured coffee granules, vanilla, hazelnut or caramel. At the moment I'm on a jar of caramel flavoured coffee granules at the moment and they're gorgeous and syn free!.

Lunch was egg noodles mixed with herbs and spices, something quick and easy :)

Dinner is quorn sausages, mash, peas and onion gravy in front of the tv maybe with a few brandies :)

Off to my eldest sons place now for more coffee and a catch up.

Hope you're all having a lovely Saturday :) xxx

:)

Been cleaning all day so far - makes me wonder what happens to all the cleaning I do in the week..

Breakfast was sesame ryvitas with laughing cow blue cheese triangles and green grapes.

Douwe Egberts have brought out a range of flavoured coffee granules, vanilla, hazelnut or caramel. At the moment I'm on a jar of caramel flavoured coffee granules at the moment and they're gorgeous and syn free!.

Lunch was egg noodles mixed with herbs and spices, something quick and easy :)

Dinner is quorn sausages, mash, peas and onion gravy in front of the tv maybe with a few brandies :)

Off to my eldest sons place now for more coffee and a catch up.

Hope you're all having a lovely Saturday :) xxx

Food sounds great for today. I cannot believe I read this post now when earlier I was in co op and saw those coffee flavours but didn't get them as thought they'd be syns grrrrrrrr!! I must get some and fast. What a yummy treat and probably ok without milk??

Great news your sw friend has turned out to be lovely - it makes such a difference. I forged some good friendships at group & even got invited to the wedding of 2 girls who went. It really motivates if you can call on people for support ( obviously me & all the miniminers !, but people you can see in the flesh & can call up on the phone - and who motivate you to attend group so you can see them). my last group has made me so much more confident about going into places where i know no one as you relise that it wont be long before you are a big part of the 'group dynamic' (that sounds so pretentious but dont know how else to say it!) Workout class sounds good but usually they're after - bit weird to be before as, like you say, there's the water issue. At least not like my sis who takes a mocha to workout instead of water ?!

Have a fab evening x

The coffee is sooooo good with or without milk - if you have it black I think you need a bigger spoonful but had it with a splash of milk this morning and its lovely :).

I'm in a good place right now I've got your wonderful support on here and I seem to be settling into my SW class which is not like me - the lady doing the weigh in even gave me a hug! lol I would of got slimmer of the week if it wouldn't of been my first week - lets see me getting it next week! ;)

Well Sundays in this house are lazy food wise. The only certainty is a roast dinner which is pork loin this week with all the trimmings as per usual. I'm just snacking on fruit and coffee until 3.30pm when we sit down to eat. I'm on EE so save my one B choice for bread for a sandwich later - I hate being without all my healthy extras even though EE gives you the freedom of mixing and matching only having one B choice leaves me cold and I actually feel like Im on a diet. But saying that EE works best on a Sunday because its the only day I have meat and I like a lot of everything on my Sunday dinner, what's the point of having a Sunday roast if its not himalaya-ing off the plate! lol....I think it's the northerner in me, was brought up to always eat well on a Sunday because you never know how the weeks gonna go - we didn't have a lot of anything but my mum always made a massive Sunday roast and homemade pudding for afters. Her motto in life was if you always pay your bills, and lay a good table at every meal (meaning make good home cooked food) the wealth of love and health will always be yours :)...bless her xxx

Anyway I'm in the process of going back to blonde, but the red pigment in my hair is so dominant it takes around 4 days to do and 4 dyes including a pre lightener...so at the moment I'm golden ginger :) but I NEED to get to blonde for tomorrow because I'm off with my eldest and his girlfriend to see the 12 week scan of our little jelly bean - I refuse to go out looking like my heads been tango'd :D

Anyway whatever you're doing, enjoy your Sunday :) xxx

The realisation is dawning on me that no matter how many 'blonde' hair dyes I've used this weekend I'm destined to be a ginger ninja - good job I've got one black hair dye stashed in the cupboard..it's back to black again.

Busy day today, cooking soup and stripping beds before I go with my eldest Oliver and his gf to her 12 week scan - exciting times! :).

Breakfast is chopped boiled egg on a piece toast spread with laughing cow blue cheese and a large mug of caramel coffee.

Lunch is going to be sweet potato and carrot soup if I can get it made and eaten before 12.15pm because that's when I have to leave to meet them for the scan.

Dinner is a firm favourite of quorn and potato curry with SW wedges and vegetable rice.

After the scan Ive got to walk to the health centre to arrange a prescription of dressings and cream for when Sally has her toe operation next Monday.

So I think walking across town, then back out and across the other side will have sorted my exercise out today!

Whatever you're doing have a lovely Monday :) xxx

The realisation is dawning on me that no matter how many 'blonde' hair dyes I've used this weekend I'm destined to be a ginger ninja - good job I've got one black hair dye stashed in the cupboard..it's back to black again.

Busy day today, cooking soup and stripping beds before I go with my eldest Oliver and his gf to her 12 week scan - exciting times! :).

Breakfast is chopped boiled egg on a piece toast spread with laughing cow blue cheese and a large mug of caramel coffee.

Lunch is going to be sweet potato and carrot soup if I can get it made and eaten before 12.15pm because that's when I have to leave to meet them for the scan.

Dinner is a firm favourite of quorn and potato curry with SW wedges and vegetable rice.

After the scan Ive got to walk to the health centre to arrange a prescription of dressings and cream for when Sally has her toe operation next Monday.

So I think walking across town, then back out and across the other side will have sorted my exercise out today!

Whatever you're doing have a lovely Monday :) xxx

Hope the baked bean viewing went well! Lots of exercise too and what sounds like a yummy dinner - you are well on track for your half stone. I have a prediction for your loss this week but will keep it to myself and reveal it on Friday!

I will be happy with 2lb off and not so happy with 1lb or less....I NEED to know your prediction lol!!....but I know I want my half stone award Friday and 2lb will do it. I think anything more than 2lb will give me a big advantage for slimmer of the week, which will be a massive ego boost! :)

Going to the scan and viewing that little baby on the screen was one of those 'life moments' where things just connect. I sat there watching MY baby stare in awe and amazement at a screen at HIS baby - it was definitely the circle of life...it's a moment I will never forget that's for sure :) xxx

I'm still very bloated tonight, but I've not drank a lot of fluid today it's been a grab a coffee when I could kinda day. I've definitely discovered that drinking lots and lots of fluid through the day have helped me, and it was one of the tips from a target member at class on the first week that I remembered, said target member has lost 6 and a half stones, so I will soak up any advice she gives like a sponge :)

Catch you tomorrow
xxx

I will be happy with 2lb off and not so happy with 1lb or less....I NEED to know your prediction lol!!....but I know I want my half stone award Friday and 2lb will do it. I think anything more than 2lb will give me a big advantage for slimmer of the week, which will be a massive ego boost! :)

Going to the scan and viewing that little baby on the screen was one of those 'life moments' where things just connect. I sat there watching MY baby stare in awe and amazement at a screen at HIS baby - it was definitely the circle of life...it's a moment I will never forget that's for sure :) xxx

I'm still very bloated tonight, but I've not drank a lot of fluid today it's been a grab a coffee when I could kinda day. I've definitely discovered that drinking lots and lots of fluid through the day have helped me, and it was one of the tips from a target member at class on the first week that I remembered, said target member has lost 6 and a half stones, so I will soak up any advice she gives like a sponge :)

Catch you tomorrow
xxx

Just to say thanks so much to you for all the support you give me . You have really kept me going and make me smile when I want to grimace!! We will do this. ThEre is no way either of us is stopping til we get to our goal. Remember - you are FABULOUS and have made a massive difference to how I've done with your support and general loveliness! Xx

Awww!! What a lovely thing to say (type) :) xxx

You my lovely matey have dragged me right out of the depths of dark despair some days just by being honest open and thoughtful, if I can even get within a smidgen of making you feel as good as you have me when I've felt hissed off with the world and his diet then Ive accomplished more than just weight loss. Some people just click :) xxxxxx

Back