Dairy Of a Lardy kid aged 43 and 3 quarters...

Slept really well :D

Plan today, food shopping once T gets home from work. He will have lunch in Asda cafe (lucky T - not!!) whilst I'll buy a pre-packed bean and pea salad or potato and chopped egg salad.

DVD night tonight...to start with "Jack Reacher" abit of a Tom Cruise perv treat for me...just borrowed this new movie that's just come out on DVD from a friend...I wanted to see it at the cinema but never managed it. Watched Oblivion two weeks ago - superb acting from my eye candy Mr Cruise but crap slow, long-winded film. Dunno what we will be watching after that.

Anyhoo I digress...

Food.

Breakfast: Coffees (hexA)

Lunch: pre-packed salad from Asda with dressing (2 syns)..bread roll (hexB)

Dinner: quorn burger (0.5 syns) with wholemeal roll (hexB) and low low cheese slice (hexA) and ketchup (1 syn). I tablespoon of smoked hummus (2 syns) and 2 black olive buttery breadsticks (2 syns).

Saturday telly nibbles Homemade hummus with 4 dark rye ryvitas (hexB) chopped fruit.

Brandy and caffeine free diet coke (40 syns)

Was going to have another brandy/alcohol free evening, was curious at what a dry week on SW would produce. But then I remembered that I usually end up 'eating' too many syns when I cut back on alcohol and that usually slows down my losses or gives me a sts or a gain in the past so Im having a few brandies tonight, it seems to be working this way..9 weeks on plan and only one gain :D

I've decided to put down how I use my syns, on a daily basis and total them for the people who are curious to how I have most of my syns over the weekend and still manage to lose..I've NEVER just stuck to 15 a day I've always seen it has a 105 weekly total and I take from it what I want when I want.

I'm syn heavy all weekend and strict mon-thurs and the brandy syns cover ALL week not just one night lol.

Anyway It's wet and windy here, so looking forward to when the shopping is done and we can snuggle up in our P.J's.

Have a lovey Saturday, whatever you're doing :) xx

SYNS FOR TODAY:
= 47.5

SYNS SO FAR:
Fri - 27
Sat - 47.5
= 74.5

Last edited:
Slept really well :D

Plan today, food shopping once T gets home from work. He will have lunch in Asda cafe (lucky T - not!!) whilst I'll buy a pre-packed bean and pea salad or potato and chopped egg salad.

DVD night tonight...to start with "Jack Reacher" abit of a Tom Cruise perv treat for me...just borrowed this new movie that's just come out on DVD from a friend...I wanted to see it at the cinema but never managed it. Watched Oblivion two weeks ago - superb acting from my eye candy Mr Cruise but crap slow, long-winded film. Dunno what we will be watching after that.

Anyhoo I digress...

Food.

Breakfast: Coffees (hexA)

Lunch: pre-packed salad from Asda with dressing (2 syns)..bread roll (hexB)

Dinner: quorn sausage (3 syns) and mash with beans. Mustard (1 syns).

Saturday telly nibbles Homemade hummus with 4 dark rye ryvitas (hexB) chopped fruit.

Brandy and caffeine free diet coke (40 syns)

Was going to have another brandy/alcohol free evening, was curious at what a dry week on SW would produce. But then I remembered that I usually end up 'eating' too many syns when I cut back on alcohol and that usually slows down my losses or gives me a sts or a gain in the past so Im having a few brandies tonight, it seems to be working this way..9 weeks on plan and only one gain :D

I've decided to put down how I use my syns, on a daily basis and total them for the people who are curious to how I have most of my syns over the weekend and still manage to lose..I've NEVER just stuck to 15 a day I've always seen it has a 105 weekly total and I take from it what I want when I want.

I'm syn heavy all weekend and strict mon-thurs and the brandy syns cover ALL week not just one night lol.

Anyway It's wet and windy here, so looking forward to when the shopping is done and we can snuggle up in our P.J's.

Have a lovey Saturday, whatever you're doing :) xx

SYNS FOR TODAY:
= 46

SYNS SO FAR:
Fri - 27
Sat - 46
= 73

I have always hidden that I find TC strangely attractive. At first not but as a film goes on it grows!! I saw j reacher at cinema - very good I seem to remember although d liked it more than me

DON'T get me started on Mr Cruise....I ADORE HIM!!!....he could be sitting in front of the camera reading the telephone directory and I'd still be glued lol...as long as he was a bit durdy, mean and topless of course ;) :D xxx

I don't understand what you mean? :) xx

Don't worry. If you didn't see it that's fine, and if you did and it was Ok, that's OK too :)

Jack Reacher.....what a movie!!!!!!

Tom Cruise....what.a.mighty.fine.man!!!..hmmm :)

Now onto watching Rock of ages ....starring Tom Cruise of course - but seen this film at the cinema and got the DVD. S is on a sleep over then she's straight off to a party tomorrow - so lazy day lay in for Sunday for us , good job considering its gonna be at least 4am before we get to bed :)...love Tom Cruise perv nights lol xx

Tomorrow I am having an Endoscope procedure.

To say I'm bricking it is an understatement. I'm having the same symptoms my poor old mum had, investigated. From my mums diagnosis to her passing away was only 4 months. The cruel irony of it is my mum had her endoscope this time last year too. I was offered this procedure back in December, but said no, and like my mum kept putting it down to anxiety. Anyway I can't have anything to eat or drink 8 hours before the procedure, and the procedure is tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. So I will be getting up before 6am and eating and drinking lol.

On another note I got my counselling appointment through. So Tuesday I will be starting my counselling journey.

Wednesday I'm off to the see the ultrasound scan of my little grand baby and hopefully will be finding out whether we are having a little granddaughter or grandson :).

This week is going to be highly emotional. I will be very much glad when it is done with me.

Anyhow...today's scran:

Breakfast: coffees (hexA)

Dinner: Quorn sausages (3 syns) and mash with peas and gravy (2 syns) Yorkshire pudding x3 (7.5 syns) and mustard (2 syns). Seed sensations bread (hexB) This is what I was going to have yesterday but had quorn burgers and hummus instead.

Tea: noodles with vegetable stock and sweet corn and 40g of reduced fat cheddar (hexA). 1 slice of seed sensations bread (hexB).

1 packet of happy Snax (2 syns)

Yummy food day!!...hope you're all having a good one xxx

SYNS:

Friday - 27
Saturday - 47.5
Today - 16.5

= 91.

Last edited:
(((((((((((((((( LISA ))))))))))))) Hugs for you. That is so worrying of course, about the echoes with your endoscopy and what happened to your poor Mum. But it's not going to be the same, this is you - different story. Not wanting to deny your fears of course. We are here for any support that can be given on line, and if it helps any, I have lit a candle for you and am sending positive energy through the miles to you.

Its a good thing your counselling is starting now as well, I hope you get someone you click with. And still you stay on SW track despite all this. Wonder woman :)

Big hugs winging your way from the dizzy one xxx

I feel for you with what you have to go through - especially with it being so close to home with what happened to your mum :( I will be thinking of you hun. I had an edoscopy a couple of years back - they thought I had ulcers, turned out to be a sliding hiatus hernia, as I lost weight the symptoms became less (Ive got mahooosive again & now I suffer a bit so back on meds)

I finally started seeing a counsellor a couple of months ago to help me cope with the things I've been trying (and failing :sigh:) to deal with for quite a long time now.
I'm quite lucky that I've found someone who doesn't just sit & listen....or spiel of loads of random yabber at me, she actually does give me little actions to come away with each week to try focus me ..... tiny little things they may be....but to me they are huge massive steps in my getting better I guess :eek: I do hope you begin to take the same small steps forward through your counselling too lovely lady xxx

Last edited:
I had an endoscope 2 years ago - mine diagnosed a hiatus hernia which is under control with diet and medication - have had to watch caffeine fat and also avoid spicy foods - lot better since know what triggers it off - hope all goes well xx

Well done on your weight loss this week. Good luck with your endoscopy tomorrow x Becky x

Thanks ladies - your support is really appreciated and has usual you're all being wonderful and lovely xxx.

I get the results straight after the procedure so will be relieved to get it over with and find out what this 'something is stuck in my throat/chest' feeling is all about, along with the excruciating heartburn.

I suppose I'm concerned about the procedure too. My mum chose not to have sedation so she could drive straight home. She said it was the worse thing she had ever gone through. Thankfully they offer throat spray and intravenous sedation, so I will be having everything they offer. My gag reflex is mega sensitive, just the thought of that camera is making me gag.

I will just be glad when it's done. At least I will have a better idea of what I'm dealing with from then on. If it is anxiety related I will asked to be referred for more cognitive therapy to work along side my bereavement counselling. If it isn't then hopefully that can be dealt with successfully with other procedures/medication.

Thanks ladies - your support is really appreciated and has usual you're all being wonderful and lovely xxx.

I get the results straight after the procedure so will be relieved to get it over with and find out what this 'something is stuck in my throat/chest' feeling is all about, along with the excruciating heartburn.

I suppose I'm concerned about the procedure too. My mum chose not to have sedation so she could drive straight home. She said it was the worse thing she had ever gone through. Thankfully they offer throat spray and intravenous sedation, so I will be having everything they offer. My gag reflex is mega sensitive, just the thought of that camera is making me gag.

I will just be glad when it's done. At least I will have a better idea of what I'm dealing with from then on. If it is anxiety related I will asked to be referred for more cognitive therapy to work along side my bereavement counselling. If it isn't then hopefully that can be dealt with successfully with other procedures/medication.

The sedation is really quite effective hun....... I was only aware of the procedure right at the very end when they were removing the camera so it wasn't anywhere near as scary as I had worked myself up about (cos it is a reaaallllly nasty horrible thing to think about really huh?) xx

The sedation is really quite effective hun....... I was only aware of the procedure right at the very end when they were removing the camera so it wasn't anywhere near as scary as I had worked myself up about (cos it is a reaaallllly nasty horrible thing to think about really huh?) xx

I'm my own worse enemy...imagining all sorts. Probably the only bad thing about it all is my imagination lol.

It's going to be hard having no grub or caffeine either. I'm so used to eating well since being on SW...think it will definitely be a take away tomorrow night. Did you feel ok after the procedure, sore throat?, sleepy?. How long was it before you where allowed home? xx

I'm my own worse enemy...imagining all sorts. Probably the only bad thing about it all is my imagination lol.

It's going to be hard having no grub or caffeine either. I'm so used to eating well since being on SW...think it will definitely be a take away tomorrow night. Did you feel ok after the procedure, sore throat?, sleepy?. How long was it before you where allowed home? xx

Hi babes. Of course you will be nervous - anything medical is horrid, but try not to imagine what 'might' be. I know I know it's impossible- it is what I basically spend 80% of my time doing (that is sadly not an exaggeration) but getting your results straight away is great and you will know this time tomorrow what's going on with you. I always find that reassuring when I'm psyching myself up for a gp appointment "this time tomorrow it'll be sorted" is much better than my wild imagination! You would not believe what I've imagined in the last weeks...!

Let is know how you get on. Take all the numbing stuff you can!! I went with someone who had this done and she said it wasn't too bad so don't you worry sweets. Just think of mr tc if you get nervy.

Wow too at your utter goodness! You are truly on a mission and I'm so jealous! I'm studying and all I can think of is opening the wine.

I stayed in the unit about 4 hours in total after having it done, they gave me some tea & toast (I was starving hungry lol) then I was given the ok to go home as long as someone stayed with me. I had a bit of a sore throat....but nothing as severe as I had imagined, I just felt a bit sleepy and wanted soft comforty food the rest of the day. I'm not going to tell you don't worry about it...blah blah - because you are human & you are going to worry! BUT at least with the sedation you are barely aware of anything (its a really wierd thing!) and you will get the answers to your major worries straight ;) You be big brave tomorrow xx

Back