Daisy's Diary!

Dubchick81 said:
My poor mam bless her used to do 2 meals a day. One for spoilt brat here n one for everyone else. I was so fussy n never ate anything that she done whatever I asked for just so I'd eat something.
If only I still had that problem!!!!! Lol

Lol haha bout wish you still had that problem!
Fussy Frances ;0)

Morning daisy hope you are ok? Stew looked great xx

Morning my lovely. I've decided to restart JUDDD so I'll now be able to try out your recipes. Ooooh id also like to know how you make dumplings too! You should have a recipes with pics thread so we can perve over all your food all the time :D

Hope you're having a great day xx

Faith_111 said:
Morning my lovely. I've decided to restart JUDDD so I'll now be able to try out your recipes. Ooooh id also like to know how you make dumplings too! You should have a recipes with pics thread so we can perve over all your food all the time :D

Hope you're having a great day xx

Morning Faith :0)
Lol at perve over my food ;0)
That's good that you are restarting JUDDD and can try out some recipes :0)

Food update for yesterday Monday 1st of october

Breakfast

Clementine/nuts/muesli

Lunch

Cinnamon bagel with philli spread and ham/banana

Dinner

Irish beef stew with 4 dumplings

Snack

Apple/pear/yoghurt

Exercise was dog walking and 12 minutes on my exercise bike

Haven't posted on here for a while .. I've been quietly lurking Haha! Just wanted to say that stew looks amazing though. Hope you enjoyed xx

lauramarlow88 said:
Haven't posted on here for a while .. I've been quietly lurking Haha! Just wanted to say that stew looks amazing though. Hope you enjoyed xx

Hello lurker ;0)
Thanks about my stew..it was lovely thanks :0)

Hey Hun please can I have the recipes for your WW Irish stew and your toad in the hole xx

nessa123 said:
Hey Hun please can I have the recipes for your WW Irish stew and your toad in the hole xx

Yup will get them now..stew is slightly different as I don't have leeks plus I don't do salt and pepper lol.so will give you the proper recipes ;0)

Irish Beef Stew
ProPoints® value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 160 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
500 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cut into chunks
1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
2 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
2 medium Leek, sliced
1½ cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef, make up to 700ml with hot water
400 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
50 g Peas, Fresh or Frozen, (thawed if frozen)
2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
1. Heat cooking spray in a large saucepan then add the stewing steak a little at a time, so that it sears and browns.
2. Add the onion, carrots, leeks and stock , Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours. Check the level of liquid occasionally adding more stock if needed.
3. When the meat is tender add the potatoes and cook them until tender - about 20 minutes. Stir the peas into the stew and cook gently for another 3-4 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.

bulldogdaisy said:
Yup will get them now..stew is slightly different as I don't have leeks plus I don't do salt and pepper lol.so will give you the proper recipes ;0)

Ok thanks Hun xxx

bulldogdaisy said:

In fact I change alot of recipes up to suit me lol

This recipe is from Atomic pink :0)

- the toad in the hole batter would be 11pp would enough for 4 so 3pp each. The batter recipe is 90g plain flour, 90ml milk, 1 egg, 50 ml water and salt and pepper. I also tend to add fresh thyme to it. You pre-roast some sausages (i used the WW sausages as they are the lowest in points) in a big dish, after they have coloured a bit (about 15 minutes) turn heat up to 230 degrees, spray dish and sausages with oil, put back in oven to heat up for a couple of minutes and then pour in batter. Shove back in the oven quickly and don't open the door for at least 15 minutes or else it won't rise as well. Takes about 25 minutes to cook through.

This recipe is from Atomic pink :0)

- the toad in the hole batter would be 11pp would enough for 4 so 3pp each. The batter recipe is 90g plain flour, 90ml milk, 1 egg, 50 ml water and salt and pepper. I also tend to add fresh thyme to it. You pre-roast some sausages (i used the WW sausages as they are the lowest in points) in a big dish, after they have coloured a bit (about 15 minutes) turn heat up to 230 degrees, spray dish and sausages with oil, put back in oven to heat up for a couple of minutes and then pour in batter. Shove back in the oven quickly and don't open the door for at least 15 minutes or else it won't rise as well. Takes about 25 minutes to cook through.
This sounds delish.. I am so making this...
I am also going on the hunt for a dumplings mix thingy and making a big pot of stew on Thursday.. My Dad's going away for a few days so don't have to worry about him eating my food!!! :D

Dubchick81 said:
This sounds delish.. I am so making this...
I am also going on the hunt for a dumplings mix thingy and making a big pot of stew on Thursday.. My Dad's going away for a few days so don't have to worry about him eating my food!!! :D

Can't beat good ole toad in the hole ;0)
That's good you are going to make a stew..result that your Dad can't nick any of it lol

Irish Beef Stew
ProPoints® value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 160 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
500 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cut into chunks
1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
2 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
2 medium Leek, sliced
1½ cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef, make up to 700ml with hot water
400 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
50 g Peas, Fresh or Frozen, (thawed if frozen)
2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
1. Heat cooking spray in a large saucepan then add the stewing steak a little at a time, so that it sears and browns.
2. Add the onion, carrots, leeks and stock , Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours. Check the level of liquid occasionally adding more stock if needed.
3. When the meat is tender add the potatoes and cook them until tender - about 20 minutes. Stir the peas into the stew and cook gently for another 3-4 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.
Cheek of WW calling this Irish Stew.. This is NOT Irish stew.. We use mince.. not steak (we weren't rich enough to afford that in the old days!!) (or burgers) and we don't add leeks.. And we do add sausages... And its oxtail soup... not stock!!!! Tut... ha ha ha ha ha ha

Can't beat good ole toad in the hole ;0)
That's good you are going to make a stew..result that your Dad can't nick any of it lol
He's a greedy gut.. You tell him he can have SOME of something.. Go back to have some yourself and its all gone and the dirty dishes are left in the sink for you to wash up!!! :mad:

Back