ProPoints Dakota's food diary

Dakota78

Loves shoes
Hello :)

Now I've reached 50 posts and I can start I diary, I figured I should take advantage of this and get cracking with one.

I've just started week 6 and I've only lost 9.2 lbs. I realise this works out at the average of 2lbs per week, but given my first week I had a loss of 6lbs, it's not really all that great and it'd be interesting to see why I'm not averaging 2lbs taking week one out of the picture.

I can't promise to update date my diary every day as my job can be so busy I just don't have the time to get online, but I'll do my best to back date when I've not been on.

A bit about me....I'm 33, live in Aberdeen with my cat (Aria) and 2 house rabbits (Jack and Jessica) and my relationship status is firmly in the "it's complicated" bracket. I should probably just grow a pair and end it, but love can sometimes have you make daft choices......

The weight has been creeping up very slowly for the last 10 years. I'm not one for weighing myself and prior to starting this diet, I hadn't weighed myself in years. The last time I was aware, I was around the 8.5 stone mark, so I got the shock of my life when I weighed myself in preparation for this change of eating habit to discover I weighed 12.5 stone. I knew I had put it on, but I was oblivious to how much.

That said, I'm still not convinced that I should be aiming for a particular weight. I believe that everybody's body will know what the ideal weight for their height and build should be. I don't want to be 8.5 stone again (looking back on pics, I probably look a little ill), but I don't want to be this weight either, so I'm watching the scales to ensure the needle goes in the right direction, but if I stablise a few lbs over or under what my "goal" weight is, then so be it. So long as I'm happy (and can fit into that pair of jeans lurking at the back of my wardrobe) that's the main thing.

I don't have a sweet tooth, I'll take the occassional chocolate bar or dessert, but you'd get more thanks from me for placing a bruscetta infront of me than an apple pie. On top of that, portion control was (notice the past tense ;)) my biggest downfall. My eyes were bigger than my belly and my belly didn't even realise it. Feeling ill after eating so much was norm.

So, here I am (and I hope you have read this far too!), determined to get this show on the road :D

14/09/11

Breakfast

Oat so simple original with 180ml semi skimmed = 5
Banana chopped through above = 0

Lunch

WW carrot and lentil soup = 2
(I normmally have a lot more than this, but I've a cold and not got an appetite, this was forced down my neck)

Dinner

Birds Eye haddock fillet = 6
Asda steak cut oven chips, 180g = 9
Petits pois, 2 tablespoons = 1

Anytime

Sugar free throat lozenges, 50g = 3
Semi skimmed milk, 60 ml (aka 3 coffees) = 1
Apple = 0

Activity

90 minutes pole dancing = 7

Daily points used = 27 (2 remaining)
Weekly points used = 0 (49 remaining)
AP earned = 7

p.s. I'm not going to record my water intake here, but I do drink plenty of it, I've got a mug of hot water on the go at work for the majority of the day, I have a couple of glasses of sugar free diluting orange with my dinner and I always have water with me when I'm exercising.

Here to follow! Good luck with your journey, you've done fab so far :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi and welcome. I'm pretty new here to. You are doing well.

I find keepin a diary in here helps. I have a diary and expressing my feelings helps me feel better in myself even if only I end up reading it lol.

Don't worry how much you are loosing even if you only loose 1/2lb a week I would be pleased with it because it's better than none and better than gaining.

Good luck with your progress.

Thank you skinny wannabe :D xx

Mrs L - yes, it's really good exercise. I was a bit apprehensive before I started it, wondering if it'd be a bit seedy, but it's not at all. I discovered muscles I didn't know existed LOL. My Wednesday evenings are always much more fun than other evenings slogging it out in the gym :D x

Chug, welcome to this site too and thank you for remindng me that a loss is a loss, even if it's a 1/2 lb here and there :) x

15/9/11

Breakfast

30g Special K = 3pp
Muller strawberry pouring yogurt (100g bottle) = 2pp
Banana chopped up in above = 0

Lunch
WW soup = 2
Tortilla wrap = 3
35g extra light philly = 1
Mattesons wafer ham (1 serviing is 4 slices) = 1
Lettuce, red onion, yellow pepper = 0
WW yogurt = 1

Dinner

209g chicken = 7
3 sprays of fry light = 0
2 egg omlette = 4
30g feta = 2
red pepper, red onion, tomato = 0
WW yogurt = 0

Anytime

80 ml semi skimmed = 1
apple = 0

Daily Points used = 28 (1 remaining)
Weekly Points used = 0 (49 remaining)
Activity earned = 0 (7 remaining)

It's 6 and half a dozen. I'm an onliner and use the iphone app. The app gave me the option of eating the AP's on the day I earned them (and if I didn't eat them, I lost them), or building them up and eating them whenever I want.

I chose the latter but I have never eaten them because, on average, I'm earning 33 points in exercise and I couldn't eat that amount in food on top of the 29 + 49 I've to eat anyway.

I also can't wrap my head around the fact that eating my AP's would negate the fact I exercised in the first place :confused:

Today's menu looks great! Just shows how much you can eat if you choose the right things. I spend far too many points on rubbish, totally addicted to rice crispy squares!! x

Standard size are 3pp, I think they are worth it - massive sweet fix! x

Hey, welcome to mini mins! Menus sound good, hope u get good results xx

Dakota78 said:
It's 6 and half a dozen. I'm an onliner and use the iphone app. The app gave me the option of eating the AP's on the day I earned them (and if I didn't eat them, I lost them), or building them up and eating them whenever I want.

I chose the latter but I have never eaten them because, on average, I'm earning 33 points in exercise and I couldn't eat that amount in food on top of the 29 + 49 I've to eat anyway.

I also can't wrap my head around the fact that eating my AP's would negate the fact I exercised in the first place :confused:

Wow 33 pps that's good going I wish I could get that motivated to earn that much points in exercise lol. So did you have anything exciting to eat today?

Hi chug, its not difficult when you get into it swimming before work, walk at lunchtime, gym 3 times per week and weekly pole dance class. If I feel I can't be bothered going to the gym I remind myself there's sod all on tv so I may aswell be doing something productive. I made a deal with myself that I'd never let it interfere with my social life though, so if dinner with pals is an option, then that's what I do or I'll end up resenting it and stop altogether lol.

16/09

breakfast

30g cornflakes = 3
Muller pouring yogurt = 2
banana chopped in above = 0

lunch

Pitta = 4
ww tomato tuna = 2
ww soup = 2
snack a jacks = 3

dinner

ww recipe beef burger = 6
bun = 4
asda steak cut chips (127g) = 6
ww sliced cheese = 1
beans (100g) = 2

anytime

apple = 0
semi skimmed = 1
milky way = 3

activity

30 mins swimming = 2

daily used = 29 (0 remaining)
weekly used = 14 (35 remaining)
activity earned = 2 (9 remaining)

Wow that is excellent. I keep finding excuses all the time to get out of exercising the main excuse is I have to watch my cat in the garden because really he is a house cat but I take him out but can't leave him on his own cos he gets scared of loud noises and also won't jump fences and once he escaped and couldn't get back. So I have thought about getting a skipping rope and doing some skipping whilst supervising my cat.

Yes I have a wii and have just dance 1 and gosh yes that gets me hot but I just not good at timing needs loads of practice with it I have a workout for the wii board which I'm going to have a go at x x

Back