Attack Damn it!

This is what I do. I make my own yoghurt using skimmed milk in the Lakeland yoghurt maker (do a search on their website - cost £14.99 I think). I decant the yoghurt into old washed yoghurt pots - usually no more than about 3cm in each pot so it is easier to eat once frozen.

I flavour it with SF jelly powder, sweetener or food flavouring depending on how the mood takes me. I then pop them in the freezer!

Makes a lovely sweet treat. They take a while to eat too so you can really savour them. Note it's not frozen yoghurt like Ben & Jerrys -more an icy sweet lump but eating them guilt free makes them all the more enjoyable.

That's a good idea! Drank too much tea tonight and can't get to sleep as I need the toilet every 5 mins!! Ha! Frozen yogurt sounds yummy!! Need a yougurt machine first! Can't wait to get the Dukan book now,think it'll help keep me motivated! X

yes... buy the sachets and make it up yourself...

One note on the SF jelly though - check the back of the packet for how much carbs are in them - I was a little shocked at the Morrisons own as they seemed really high (around 10%) so I went for the weight watchers one instead as is around 1% carb x

I have a cheap icecream maker (about £16 I think). I just tip in a pot of plain yogurt and flavourings (eg lime juice, instant coffee, rose essence, caramel, nutmeg, basil....) and 10 minutes later I have a bowl of creamy smooth frozen yogurt. Life saver!

Anji - even if you do get the book this weekend I'd highly recommend you go to the dukan site to at least calculate your true weight... it also tells you how long you should've been on attack for xx

Atropos - does that stop the yoghurt from going all icy as they do when you just freeze them normally?

Yes; it has the same texture as fresh ice-cream or gelato

Definitely going to try this-where do people buy flavourings from? X

Low carb megastore, they have lots of SF carb free stuff x

Mirjam said:
Low carb megastore, they have lots of SF carb free stuff x

Thank you! Xx

Definitely going to try this-where do people buy flavourings from? X

The only flavouring I use is rose - otherwise I use real coffee/basil/nutmeg/lime etc

I also use flowers in the summer - rose petals, elderflower, hibiscus, geranium leaf etc (make sure you check which are edible, and that they haven't been sprayed with anything...)

Hey atropos :)

great ideas for flavourings - where do you buy them? Particularly interested in the rose :) thanks in advance x

I bought it in Waitrose - I suspect it's contraband, as it will have oil and alcohol in it - but I only use two drops per litre, so if you don't tell I wont!

Thanx all for help! Book still not arrived yet so I'm gonna have to start again on Sunday as I've drank wine again tonight :( I actually paid to go on Dukan site before Xmas,regret it now as it offers no support at all. My attack was suppose to be for 2 days apparently but as I drank wine last night and tonight I think I'm gonna have to start from scratch on Sunday. Gonna need all the support I can have :)

Back