Dana's Diary

It's true that this diet does send us back to the kitchen - the place many of us had deserted - which has to be a good thing for the future!

Well I don't know what I am doing wrong but today the scales went back up. I am following it exactly but feel down today.
So far today I have had:
B - Yoghurt, coffee
Lunch - 2 chicken breasts, coffee
Lots of water
For tea I will be having a gallette with chicken
I don't really do snacks, never have
I will do my usual 2 mile walk tonight too

Arghhhhhhh
I don't trust my scales anymore (or is that just an excuse?):doh:

Is it right that you should weigh more in the morning than last thing at night? Very odd. Still not losing according to morning weighing! Sacles last night said 179.2 but this morning said 184. Hubby is getting annoyed with me and said he is going to hide all the scales for a week. I think he has the right idea but it is disheartening after following the diet so strictly. Oh well, onwards and upwards, or should that be downwards?
Am finishing attack today so looking for tips for the next stage. Should I up the exercise - I do about 2-3 miles a day at the moment.

I weigh about a kilo less first thing in the morning. How reliable are your scales Dana? Are they newish? On a flat surface?

Can I suggest that you advance your galette (or however you use your oatbran henceforth) to earlier in the day?

Post detailed menus also please. What are you drinking?

I see you've lost 6lbs already, in how long? Sorry but it's hard to remember details

Yes the scales are brand new. I had lost 6 pounds in the first couple of days but now that is only four as I seem to have gone up. Have done 6 days on attack and now am going to move to the next stage.
I have been drinking around 1 and 1/2 litres of water plus a couple of coffees each day.
Today's menu
B: yoghurt with oat bran
L: Chicken breast, soft boiled egg with beef soldiers
T: will be chicken breasts again (I love chicken), yoghurt

I have now put the scales away and will not weigh until next week.

fat free yoghurts, I presume... nothing "naughty" with those chicken breasts? drinks just ok Dukan things? (ahem... transit ok? time of month perhaps?)

Hang in there - it'll come off in the end!

Yep all OK. All yoghurts fat free, chicken baked in foil with a few herbs, drinks only water and coffee with skimmed milk and sweetner(X1), nothing else to drink. Transit fine - no problems there and not TOTM. Oh well - I'll keep plodidng on will resist the scales.
Thanks

So I am going onto cruise tomorrow - do I need to add anything in particular or do I just add in the vegetables?
DO I stay on the same oat bran?
I don't have the actual book, only the recipe book so I need to know if I do alternating days of protein only and protein and veg. Sorry to be a pain but I want to do this right.

It should explain in the recipe book, I can't check as i've lent my copy out but yes, add some veg to lunch and dinner. Also up your oatbran to 2 tbsp and increase your walk to 30 mins. After tomorrow go back to a pp day, but keep your oatbran at 2 tbsp and then alternate every day, or you can do 2-2, 3-3 or whatever works for you as long as the days are evenly balanced.

You're best off with leafy & green vegetables. Carrots, parsnips and beetroot should be kept for occasionally as they're higher in sugar.

Don't worry about asking more questions - we're here to help!

Thanks - well this is what I am planning for tomorrow:
Breakfast: Youghurt and oatbran
Lunch: Chicken and salad (Can't wait) with a boiled egg
Dinner: Peppered steak and salad including Dukan coleslaw
What do you think?

Looks good to me. Remember though that this is a high protein diet so, while we are delighted to see salad, try to mentally divide your plate into thirds. One third for the salady stuff, and two thirds for the protein... (and remember beetroot only once a day, and easy on the onions/tomatoes too...)

OK so I haven't posted in a while but here is what I had today:
Yoghurt with Oat bran (as always as it is all I have time for in the mornings)
Dinner: CHicken breast, 2 slices of ham (Am back at work so don't have time for much and often not much on offer in canteen)
Tea - half a chicken

Will pick at the other half later

I know it's not a lot but it is a lot for me.

Tomorrow will have:
Yoghurt and bran
- Not sure for luch yet
Tea - shepherds pie with cauli mash
Yoghurt or maybe cheesecake pudding mixture made with quark

Yes I am but I am struggling a bit with the veggies - I don't seem to want them. Wonder if I have become reliant on chicken too much. On a PV day tomorrow. I am struggling to eat enough full stop I think. You have lost a lot - well done. I think I need to exercise more.

Yes I am but I am struggling a bit with the veggies - I don't seem to want them. Wonder if I have become reliant on chicken too much. On a PV day tomorrow. I am struggling to eat enough full stop I think. You have lost a lot - well done. I think I need to exercise more.

I'm actually the same with veggies - thought I'd be inhaling on PV days, but I'm eating even less than before. I'm trying to get creative on proteins as well and not just stick to chicken. I'm lucky that there's a fishmonger close-by.

Thanks for the kind comment! This is my first real diet in 11 years, so I think my body just isn't aware of what I'm doing to it!! ;)

Can anyone explain the science behind the veggies being added in cruise. So you think it matters too much if I don't get many in my diet - I am really struggling to eat anything apart from protein.

Can't comment on the science, but if I remember the book correctly - I think its more a way to add sustainability to the actual diet. Dukan talks a lot about getting bored and discouraged with the food - maybe this is his way of making it last and dieter not give up out of boredom or because its just too difficult!

I'd be curious to hear what others have to say!

Well, I just went and re-read my book looking for the answer to this. During his initial story his first patient went for 20 days before re-introducing vegetables. Dr. Dukan wanted to re-introduce them to ensure that his patient was getting all of the required nutrients and to keep the digestive system healthy. In the section that details the cruise phase he describes different rhythms for the cruise phase, 5/5, 5/3, 1/1 so it could be that your body is more suited to a longer rhythm and you would be happier doing longer chunks of pure protein followed by shorter chunks of protein and veg. I also didn't find anything about the protein to veg ratio, just that the veg will make you retain water more, so if you consume more veg you may not see a loss on the scale until your pure protein days. I probably should re-read the book now that I am actually doing the diet, I'll probably notice info that I missed during the pre-diet read through - I got mine as a e-book, no waiting :)

Brilliant. Thankyou. Maybe I will try to have less PV days and then I might not feel as though I am forcing myself to eat them.

Back