Dancing on Ice

I was shouting at the TV last night and could not find this thread for love nor money to vent my spleen.....it is so ridiculous that she is still in when others much much better than her have gone. Yes she did skate better last night but she did not do the required element....if she is in the final I for one will not watch this any more...like you say its a popularity contest and thats not the way to do it....xx thanks I feel better now lol...

Guys guys settle down lol

These shows are popularity contests judged by the public and its the public who decide who stay and who goes!!!

I was just watching loose women and carol made the point that if it is all about the skating then why not just leave it to the judges to decide who stays and who goes.

Coleen is by far the worst skater... but she is a good all rounder and I for one would have voted for her last night if I could have voted.

As Coleen has just said that if it was all about just the skating they should have just given Ray the trophy back at the start.

We also have to remember that Coleen like Donal have come to this green as green can be in relation to skating.. donal has done really well and Coleen has come on hugely. Jessica has skated before so no matter what way you look at it she has an unfair advantage. As has Ray because he has dance training if I am not mistaken but he also has no fear and a love for what he is doing.

I think Coleen deserves to be still there if the public want her to be... which they obviously do!!

Gen xx

I agree with you Gen. There was even someone saying in the media this week she should stand down. Why?? Yeah ok shes not as good but she tries her hardest every week, and shes getting the votes.

IMO Jessica should never have been in the competiton at all

Guys guys settle down lol

These shows are popularity contests judged by the public and its the public who decide who stay and who goes!!!

I was just watching loose women and carol made the point that if it is all about the skating then why not just leave it to the judges to decide who stays and who goes.

Coleen is by far the worst skater... but she is a good all rounder and I for one would have voted for her last night if I could have voted.

As Coleen has just said that if it was all about just the skating they should have just given Ray the trophy back at the start.

We also have to remember that Coleen like Donal have come to this green as green can be in relation to skating.. donal has done really well and Coleen has come on hugely. Jessica has skated before so no matter what way you look at it she has an unfair advantage. As has Ray because he has dance training if I am not mistaken but he also has no fear and a love for what he is doing.

I think Coleen deserves to be still there if the public want her to be... which they obviously do!!

Gen xx

I agree, Gen. I think Colleen has done amazingly well and is very brave. She has really come on over the weeks and last night she skated well. Obviously she is in a different league to the others, but she has improved week on week too. It would be funny to see her flying around if she gets to the final. She said on Loose Women today that she'd ask them just to leave her dangling!

Ray to win:D.

AJ

Coleens had a new injury. She's just been speaking on Loose Women and is speaking to doctors to see if she can carry on. It would be a shame if she had to leave the show without skating again.

I think Coleen is lovely but I think her skating is not up to scratch. I know it was because of her injury, but she didn't even complete the required element this week unassisted (you don't need your wrist to jump do you?) whilst the others all did it (and you've got to admit that Ray's was spectacular!).

I'll have to agree to disagree with you Sandy about Jessica though. She might have done it before but if it was a major advantage she would have been top of the leader board every week, and not facing the skate off like she has been. I really wanted her to stay this week, I like her.

Mind you I still stand by what I say DONAL TO WIN :D:D:D

Im SO glad Zoe went out this week mind you I hated that big daft fake smie of hers.

I do have to admit I couldnt understand the logic for Coleen being allowed to miss the required element this week as you say Sarah you dont need your wrist to jump but everyone (even grumpy old Jason) seemed to agree that she could miss it so maybe we're missing something lol

Id agree Coleen is the weakest skater but I think for people (not on here I hasten to add) to be saying she should quit is ridiculous. Any competiton which allows the public to have a say in the outcome has to realise that theyre not going to do their judging the same way the studio judges are, thats whether is DOI, SCD, or XFactor. The public are nothing if not unpredictable.

To do even a basic 3 jump unassisted you have to swing your arms in a way that could easily cause pain to a damaged wrist. By being supported for the jump she was able to keep her arms at the same level and not have to swing them at all

I think the reason it was agreed she didn't have to it was because she didn't have the chance since her accident to practice the jump unassisted (afterall it was a fall perfoming the jump that caused the accident in the first place). As the damage could show up as a fracture up to 10 days after the initial accident I think they deemed it unsafe for her to perform it unassisted incase she fell and recieved further damage.

I believe ShazPaz mentioned earlier that she has recieved another injury?

To do even a basic 3 jump unassisted you have to swing your arms in a way that could easily cause pain to a damaged wrist. By being supported for the jump she was able to keep her arms at the same level and not have to swing them at all

ah, thats my theory out the window then lol

xxxxx

Ahhh thanks Taz ... now I dont remember them mentioning that on the show. Shame if they didnt because Im sure a lot of people were left wondering too

They may have let her not do it for that reason but from experience I know that certain moves can cause an injury in a different place to hurt. It possibly was precautionary but doing the jump right would have caused her pain

After one of the contestant's performance they showed the ones that had already performed clapping....Coleen was clapping hell for leather!!!

If the compulsory move this week is the same as previous years it should be a 30 second solo skate....wonder how she's going to get out of that one? :D

Back