Danger times

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by desperate2lose, 15 August 2006 Social URL.

1. desperate2lose

desperate2lose Regular Member

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    SnS
    Hiya all

I just wanted advice on how to avoid eating at danger times. My worst times are:

After work, when i am at home in the evenings
    Weekends where i dont do much but rest and get ready for work on Monday.

I tried going to gym during those times, but after i come back from it, i am starved and head for the fridge.

What can i do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    My danger time is the evening. When I was on Cambridge I used to have 1/2 a bar for dinner and save the other half for the evening.

Then when the time came, I'd make a huge cup of coffee, get everything in place and really enjoy it.

To be honest, I reckon it was that evening 1/2 bar that kept me going most of the time. I used to so look forward to it. Days work done, time to relax etc.

4. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    My danger time is evenings and weekends too. I save a pack for evening time and either have crisps or a mousse which helps.

I also have a savory drink at times when I want to binge because it does take away that feeling of needing something sweet.

Tonight I really wanted to eat some chicken leftovers so I came to bed. I am determined no more nibbling now.

Another good tip is to have a mug of hotwater with some water flavourings in.

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My danger times is the weekend,:mad: find it tough going as the routine is all over the place...

Evenings sometimes and reacting to emotions...:mad:

6. desperate2lose

desperate2lose Regular Member

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    SnS
    Hiya all

Last night i conquered the danger times. I felt hungry and had the urge to eat. So i took Karion's advice and got huge cup of coffee and the chocolate bar which i really love. AFterwards i didnt even think about food at all.

I have also decided to go to the gym (hopefully this will increase my losses...is this right or is it just wishful thinking? :) )

I wont do anything strenuous but walking on the threadmill and doing some weights in order to get my muscles going.

I really love the support i get from this site. Whenever i feel like binging, I log on and read all your funny stories and your struggles and not to mention your success. You cant really imagine how i benefit from this site.

Cheers to the admins.

7. zareena

zareena Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    This is probably going to sound very pig-headed but I don't really get danger times anymore except during TOTM.. but I've found a cure for that now.. tea & some water flavouring, does the trick:) :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.