Darling's Food and Exercise Diary

Went out for a run again last night, managed 2 miles in 22m 43s. Wana try and get that down to 20mins and then I'll add on a mile.

Water drinking is going ok, probably not hitting 2lts but still alot better than I was.

Had 1122 cals yesterday, and burnt 148 through my jog, so net cals = 974. Ive got afew high calorie events soon - prob have to grab some fast food on friday night as I'm driving home after work and won't be getting there till late, Saturday its my sister's birthday and we are going out for a meal so that will be high in cals, and next week my team at work are supposed be going for a team lunch! So if I can try to keep my calories down abit I should be able to offset any higher days.

I'm having tonight off from the gym and will be going to a kickboxing class tomorrow after work with afew of the girls from work - should be fun! And according to MFP 1 hr of kickboxing = 509 cals!!! Not going to trust that completely as I'm going to a beginners class but I expect it will be at least 200-300 which should be good (unfortunately the cons of being so small means I dont burn as much as others with exercise!)

I'll try and get to the gym on Sunday because otherwise I may as well not have a gym membership (although I much prefer jogging outside to pounding the treadmill!!)

Having salmon and asparagus for dinner - yum yum!

Hope everyone has had a good day! xx

mmmmmmm dinner sounds yummy, I love asparagus but never had the confidence to try cooking it myself... such a wimp when it comes to the kitchen!!! Can't believe 20 mins of jogging only burns 148 cals!!! Starting to re-think my desire to be able to jog...

I expect it will be alot higher for you though hun, I'm only 5ft tall and weigh less than 8 stone so I really need to work hard for my exercise calories!! Plus I was going really slow so if I had been going faster I would have burnt more! Give it ago coz its really quite nice once you get into it!

Try asparagus grilleded with a little bit of olive oil! Its really nice and makes a change from boring veg!

Wednesday's totals was 1119 (no exercise)
Thursday's was 1231 and I burnt 254 cals on top of that doing kickboxing which was really fun! Will def be doing that again! (MFP said 509 for an hour so I just put down 30mins coz we werent doing it constantly)

Weighed in today and I have lost another 2 lbs giving me a total of just over 5lbs lost since the 1st! Very happy with that! And my body fat percentage has gone down abit too!
Hoping to lose 1lb next week as I have a few treats planned so I'll just have to be good the rest of the time and make sure I exercise at least three times a week!

How is everyone else doing? xxx

Nice one!!! Well done you!!!

I didn't realise you are sooooooo ickle, big fat person me will burn much more until I become ickle too, thanks for pointing that out, now motivated the try running... once I can afford the trainers. x

Lol! Yes I am very ickle, most people mistake me for a 12 year old! It also doesnt help that every pound shows at this height, but then the weight loss is more noticeable too!

You should be able to pick up a good pair of trainers for around £40-£50. Mine are asics and they are abit old now but they are really good! Apparently reebok trainers are supposed to be quite good too.

Im soooo achey today because of kickboxing last night. Literally my whole body is hurting!

Looking forward to tomorrow - having a whole day without counting calories! Its my sisters bday meal so I'm going to have whatever I want from the menu and a dessert too! Will be back to counting cals and exercising on Sunday :)

Sounds like your doing great. Enjoy your meal :)

Yesterday was lovely! Don't even want to think about the calorie content though! But my sister had a really nice day which is what mattered!

Back to calorie counting today, haven't had time to get to the gym but Im not too worried.

Hoping to maintain this week now, but any loss would be a bonus!! xx

Scales are showing a sneaky half pound gain this morning, but I'm sure I can get that (and hopefully a little bit more) off by weigh in on Friday. Had about 1100 cals yesterday and hoping to be similar today.

Its less than 10 weeks untill I go on holiday now! Really going to start toning up more. I exercised three times last week and I'm hoping to make it four this week, inc kickboxing which is the best workout I've ever had (judging by how sore I have been the past couple of days!) Will also go for a couple of jogs as I'm really starting to enjoy them, and I will try to get to the gym once or twice too so I can do some weights.

Hope everyone enjoys their day - short week this week :)

I just want to eat everything today!!! I am already slightly over my cals but I know I'm going to want to eat something else in a while! Its totm so that might have something to do with it. Will just have to accept that I'm going to be abit over today and have a muller yoghurt or something.

I bought a brownie today and it looks soooo good, but its got nearly 250 cals in so I've told myself I can only have it after weigh in! I know It's gonna be on my mind all week!!
Cant wait till I can have it!! xx

Brownie is now in my belly... 1720 cals consumed so far ... and i dont think I'm finished yet!!! :break_diet: Today is obviously a write off - will get back on track tomorrow for sure!! :sigh:

write off my arse!!! if you were here saying you'd consumed 3000 I'd be telling you that's a write off... 1700 is probably still below what you would need to maintain, an ok day I say! x

Well I actually ended on 1916! And because I'm so small I maintain at around 1650!! Its so not fair!! Scales are showing a stupid 1.5lb gain from last week now (im hoping thats just because all the food was still in my tummy/totm)

So I'm going to be really carefull for the next 10 days now (I'm going to a friend's kid's bday party on the 30th so that will be my next scheduled day off) and write down here what I eat and if anyone has any suggestions please do let me know. - just a note though, if I'm eating white bread/pasta etc its not because I don't like brown its just because I have been told by Dr to avoid high fibre foods as I have some digestive problems.

Going to try to stick to 1000-1200 a day for the next 10 days to reverse any damage from the weekend and yesterday and try to fit in more exercise!

Hi, You are doing just fine and so impressed with your running abilities, AND kick boxing to boot!

Just another little tip - No foods are BAD, we just make a different choice and if you keep that sort of thing in mind a sudden binge urge will not materialise. Usually a different choice can be utilised into the daily count and then no harm done....

Keep up the good work....:)

Thanks Emmaline - I think I need to get out of that mindset and allow myself alittle bit of what I fancy instead of being so strict and then bingeing!

Like today I really wanted some chocolate so I bought a galaxy bubbles bar and shared some of it with a colleague so hopefully I wont crave it anymore and I've counted it in my calorie allowance.

Feeling really bloated today - hope that goes by weigh in on Friday!

Was supposed to go for a jog tonight but Im so tired its unbelievable, work has been very busy and im struggling to find the motivation to go...

Ok so I can't be bothered to write everything down from yesterday but I finished on 1020 which I'm happy with. Even managed a little bit of chocolate in there and had a very yummy veggie burger for dinner :)

MFP says if I were to eat like that everyday I would be at goal in 5 weeks time!! Its 9 weeks until I go on holiday so I reckon I can do it as long as I dont have too many days off!!

Still havent been to the gym yet this week, last week I felt really up for it but this week I just feel abit tired and not wanting to do it... I'll definately be going kickboxing tomorrow night at the least though.

Hows everyone else doing? xx

Ok so if Tuesday wasn't a write off then today definately is!!! :sigh: Krispie Kreme has just opened in Cardiff and I ate (nearly) 3 all to myself!!! In all fairness they were amazing!! I probably won't ever go and buy them again, it was just because the new store had opened and I wanted to try them, but I feel so horrible and fat! :(

Feeling bad that I'm having another bad day, and tomorrow will be hard too because we have a bake sale in work (its our charity fun day for easter/royal wedding - they take it really seriously and the bake sale is always lush!)

So my plan is, as I have weigh in tomorrow morning and it looks like this week will probably be a gain from last week :( , I'm going to do my very best to avoid the bake sale and have a fresh slate to make sure I get a good loss next week. So I'm not going to fret over today but just get on it tomorrow and show some will power by avoiding the bake sale!

Is this the right thing to do? Any encouragement would be gratefully receieved!!!

Ok so I got my weigh in day confused because of the bank holiday! So I got back on the wagon yesterday and weighed in today - have put on 0.5 lbs. I think this is quite good actually as it's totm and I've had three days of going over cals (quite considerably) this week! I'd really like to make it to 107 within the next week or two so I'm going to concentrate on that! I'm currently 109.5.

Yesterday was the charity day at work and I didn't have a single thing from the bake sale (go me!!) and it all looked very very yummy! If I wasn't watching what I eat I would have had at least 10 cakes!!!

I went kickboxing last night too which was a killer! My bum muscles are killing today lol! Was there for 1.5hrs but again only put down 30mins on MFP coz I wasn't constantly doing it.

Going to have a pretty lazy long weekend and then I've got three 10 hour days next week followed by another lazy long weekend :)

Go you on the exercise and bake sale... awesome!!! x

Thanks Lindsey! I was very pleased with myself for resisting because it did all look very very yummy! But I told myself the night before I wasn't going to have any so I didnt!

I actually really dont mind going kickboxing - I love it! Its such a good workout and I do get knackered from it (went to bed at 9.30 last night!) but it's really fun and I'm fairly good at it (for a beginner anyway!)

Might start going more than once a week after the bank holidays too - its only £4 a session so I don't mind paying for a couple each week! I bet it would really tone me up!

Today is going fairly well, having afew little treats for easter (a little choccy and some marshmallows) but will be within cals so I'm happy :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend! xx

Kick up the arse desparately needed!
I'm hoping Lindsey will be along with her frying pan!!

Was doing really well and then my mum ended up breaking both of her legs camping!! So Mr Darling and I had to rush to where they are staying yesterday to look after my sister!
It was a nightmare and I haven't been within 3 miles of any healthy food since Saturday morning so food choices have been very bad!!

I know life sometimes throws things at you - but why when you just need to concentrate on eating well!?!? And because of that I've just gone and eaten an easter egg but it's made me feel abit dodgy!

Soooo.... I have no idea what the damage is so far but I do know that if I dont pull my finger out now then it will be another gain on Friday and I need to be down at least a pound for me to feel good! So plan is - I have Mon-Fri of being 110% - exercise everyday if I can (will be hard as I'm working 3 10 hour days) and eat as well as possible - avoiding junk and starchy carbs to ensure I get a loss on Friday. Then on Saturday I'm going to a first birthday party so i'll enjoy myself but be more restrained than I was previously planning to set myself up for another loss next Fri.

Phew - glad I've got that written down now, feeling much better about it!

Back