Dating

previous to meeting him I went on quite a few dates, with great guys but jut not for me!
Ditto! I met some really nice, interesting people before meeting my H (not that he's not nice & interesting too lol)

Leapfrog said:
Ditto! I met some really nice, interesting people before meeting my H (not that he's not nice & interesting too lol)

I'm actually best friends now with a guy that I met on a plenty of fish, we went out had a spark but more friendship we got on so well and have been best friends since so it's great to meet new friends through it too!

I met my OH on Plenty of Fish too. He was the first one I actually agreed to meet, as any others which I contacted or which contacted me seemed a bit too odd or scary for me, like wanting to meet after only sending two messages.

We've been together now for 9 months. He moved in after 3, which to many seemed really fast, and it probably was. We have our down days, times when I wondered if I made the right choice, and by no means was it love at first sight, but I took a chance on him, he took a chance on me, and we are both very happy, I couldn't ask for anyone nicer.

So I am another pro internet dating. But just be sensible, and trust your instincts.

Hi, I joined 'free dating' because I just wanted to see what was out there , not wanting to meet anyone as I was happy by myself....however,
After talking to a few really nice men, one asked to meet me. For a laugh I agreed.
We clicked straight away, dated, moved in together, got engaged all within 6 months. We married after 2 yrs and have just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary :)

I've been with my partner for nearly 4 years, and we met online, couldn't imagine my life without him :)

I'm single and have online profiles set up but I lack so much confidence. I think I come across quite pretty from the neck up, (I only ever post head shots up on the sites) so I fear that they'll have me done under the trades description act when they see my over weight body. Think I'll wait until I'm at target but still keep my eyes open on what's on offer :)

Last edited:
Don't think like that...
You never know who's out there who wants to meet you now :)
You only live once

LittleMissSlimmer said:
I'm single and have online profiles set up but I lack so much confidence. I think I come across quite pretty from the neck up, (I only ever post head shots up on the sites) so I fear that they'll have me done under the trades description act when they see my over weight body. Think I'll wait until I'm at target but still keep my eyes open on what's on offer :)

You can't put ur life on hold until ur "perfect" you've got to have confidence in urself. Anyway u want someone who's going to love you for who u r not ur dress size!!!

There's a lot of freaks on these sites but there are also a lot of genuine ppl who are just looking for the right person x

Yeah don't wait now I'm where I wanna be wish I had done it sooner ,35 now feel like I've wasted 15 years in a way..one thing tho just cos your slim doesn't mean confidence fully comes flooding back.

Close your eyes and imagine the type of person you want to be, then look in the mirror and believe that you are that person! You may have to do this a few times!

I know that there are LOADS of single women out there! You just won't meet them in your lounge!
So get out there, join a walking group/book club/am dram/whatever tickles your fancy and meet people male and female. Because that bloke you have a joke with may have a sister, a friend, a friend of his wife!

Be likeable and you'll be liked.

Oh and THE most attractive thing you can wear, and you can wear it anywhere at any event and it will look fabulous....is a smile!
Good luck!

Love it Shirleen - font of wisdom as always!
I'd have to agree with most of the other posters - I'm about half way there on my weight loss. I was shocked that I still have "fat days" where I feel bigger than ever. Now my reason (excuse) for being single is the cellulite/stretch marks/wobbles....etc. Just like there's never a perfect time to lose weight, with birthdays, holidays, celebrations, stressfull times - there'll never be a perfect time to meet someone and feel happy. It's gotta be NOW!
So that's our mission, should we choose to accept it. I'm throwing my L plates out now! xx

I met my husband on dating direct.com and know loads of other people who have met their significant others online too.

Just see it as a fun way to meet new people, you will have fab dates and you will have horrific dates but its all good fun.

And don't worry about the age thing, I met my hubby when I was 37 so there's life in the old dog yet.

Good luck xx

Close your eyes and imagine the type of person you want to be, then look in the mirror and believe that you are that person! You may have to do this a few times!

I know that there are LOADS of single women out there! You just won't meet them in your lounge!
So get out there, join a walking group/book club/am dram/whatever tickles your fancy and meet people male and female. Because that bloke you have a joke with may have a sister, a friend, a friend of his wife!

Be likeable and you'll be liked.

Oh and THE most attractive thing you can wear, and you can wear it anywhere at any event and it will look fabulous....is a smile!
Good luck!

Nice one Shirleen.

I'd never use a dating site or do the online thing. (nothing wrong with it, just I'd never do it;))

But your advice is sound.:p

i met my husband - when i was on a date with one of his best friends! Life just has a very funny way of working things out :)

I tried a dating website called Parship. It was a bit diff to the other ones
Met a girl and had a fantastic first date, this was four years ago
We married last Oct and nowt have a little girl on the way in November.

Back