Dating

I met my fiancé on POF. After many, many, many messages of "how u doin" to "u look fit" to "what's your bra size babes", I finally read a message from Phil which was it. He had looked at my profile and messaged me with a nice message that incorporated part of my interests into it...

I've tried online dating for about 5 years on and off and during that I've met my 'worst date', some disgusting men, married men.... But I've also met my future husband, future father to my children, my soul mate and my best friend.

Trust me, I do not regret any of those horrible dates and horrible men... They made me appreciate Phil a whole lot more and he was definitely worth the wait!

Sorry for the soppy reply but this is my honest opinion :)

enteralterego said:
I tried a dating website called Parship. It was a bit diff to the other ones
Met a girl and had a fantastic first date, this was four years ago
We married last Oct and nowt have a little girl on the way in November.

:) awww congrats!!

Mutts said:
I will but it's tricky not really sure what the modern lady is lookin for?

While this is important, it's not about pleasing women. It's about you ultimately. Only post what YOU are looking for. I haven't read your profile as I'm on my phone but always remember in the back of your mind that this is for "you" to find someone, not just for them to find you. Good luck :)

I met my husband on POF. I went on loads of dates with some really nice men but when I met my Husband it was love at first site for both of us.We met 2 years ago he moved in after 3 months and we got married in July on the 2nd anniversary of our 1st date.
I think you just need to make sure you are yourself. Trust your instincts and have fun.
xxx

I suggested POF to a friend based on this thread. 1 week in & she has been sent a suggested match....

It was her brother.

She's closed her account now & is starting therapy & i doubt she will be taking my advice anytime soon!

kingleds said:
I suggested POF to a friend based on this thread. 1 week in & she has been sent a suggested match....

It was her brother.

She's closed her account now & is starting therapy & i doubt she will be taking my advice anytime soon!

Omg this has just made me laugh so much!!

It was her brother.

HAHAHAHA That is so funny bless her. It does work honest tell her not to close her account just yet :)

xxx

Will try and do 1 it's difficult after being big so long find it hard to pose for pics even still ...thanks for the honest advice x

It was her brother.

Damn! - coffee all over the keyboard and screen:D

Will try and do 1 it's difficult after being big so long find it hard to pose for pics even still ...thanks for the honest advice x

Take no notice of them mate

They're rampant on here - they just want pics in your boxers;)

Expect the "dubious" pm's any minute lol

Steve

OI! I have yet to send any dubious pms. But now you mention it... (gets out special "dodgy" keyboard)...

I can understand your pain Mutts, in all seriousness, I cant stand having my picture taken and I've been at target for nearly 12 months! Head still needs to catch up with the body. I wish you every success finding your Miss Right, and will be interested to hear about any dating adventures you end up on!

Back