Dating

Mutts

Silver Member
So I have reached my target n now thinking might be time as I'm happier with myself . But difficult to get back into it was in a long term relationship when bigger but been single bout a year . Any tips or people's experiences?

I have used dating websites before, but with no luck, often it is quite obvious why these people are looking online.

I watch this thread with interest.

Do you have a hobby you enjoy? Maybe finding a group for a hobby might bring new possibilities. Or evening classes?

I have to admit the relationships I've had tend to have started after meeting someone in a pub (chatting to them for a while first obviously...realised that sounded a bit bad! :eek:), or after being introduced by a friend :) As JemmaBe said there's always the option of internet dating, but I can imagine that could be a bit hit and miss!

Btw...loving the snazzy outfit in the picture! No woman can resist a well-dressed man! :)

I think part of my prob is still in the larger bloke mindset,not got my confidence in place as perhaps I should plus 35 now not so easy as when a young un. Oh well do enjoy reading maybe have to join a book club..just miss a cuddle n walk in the park holding hands just the simple things!

I think, if you go into it with a completely open mind and don't expect anything, then internet dating is a fun way to go on endless dates.

Plus one for the Internet - it's a numbers game by all accounts. Can be good for getting you into the dating mode - sharpen up the oul skills, eh?!

Plus, you've done me the world of good letting me know that there are guys out there who feel just the same as me - keep the faith!!

Have to try n make a start ..that's one thing they don't tell you how to readjust your thinking as well as eating. Lotsa love to give.

I'd just say don't look for it. It's difficult when it's what you're looking for but I used to go out and meet someone thinking "could I date you?" as soon as I met them. After 2 years I started to enjoy being single and then the fella came along. My lack of confidence lies in a different area but the feeling is still the same. Enjoy your new found shape, let others enjoy it too and Mrs Right, probably more than one will appear before your eyes. :)

I met by boyfiriend through a dating website - we'rs still together over two years later. It can work!!!

Yeah and I bet there's a whole load more who've met their other half through the net, but just don't say so!

I agree with the "just don't look for it" theory - any tips on how to put it into practice though?

My mum met her new partner thru a dating agency, they've been together about 15 years now. One of my best friends is about to get married to a girl he met on a dating site. I have quite a few other friends who have met people and are/have been in fairly long term relationships thru dating sites.

It can work. Its not for me, but if you're the right sort of person for that thing Id say go for it, at least you both know where you stand. For me though, its just people you happen to meet who something just emerges from.

It's easier said than done I know. Just not trying to slot someone into your life as soon as you meet them. Just thinking of them as a someone rather than a potential this or that.

I met my man who was a friend of a random bloke I started chatting to in the queue for a cash point! We swapped numbers and had our first date 2 months after we first met. You never know where or when it's going to happen. Always be yourself. ALWAYS. If you're not, you'll give someone the impression you're something you're not and that can work both ways. They might like what isn't you or not like what isn't you.

My one bit of advice when having a date is to remember that you're checking them out as much as they're checking you out. Because you're on a date, it doesn't mean you need to be nervous. You're giving them an audition as much as the other way around.

I think part of my prob is still in the larger bloke mindset,not got my confidence in place as perhaps I should plus 35 now not so easy as when a young un. Oh well do enjoy reading maybe have to join a book club..just miss a cuddle n walk in the park holding hands just the simple things!

I met my wife when I was 34 after a long dry spell - we met through a wildlife forum so i'd totally endorse what the others were saying about shared interests

before that I did 'singles grapevine' for a bit - and I met some nice girls (and so total psycho hosebeasts) but the trouble is that dating sites can be very pressured which isnt great if you dont have the confidence (which i didnt)

so yeah my advice, go out live your life amd join some interest groups - sooner or later you'll meet a nice girl. HTH

edit; and with regard to the age thing dont worry , the constant lament of my single female freinds is that when you get to your late twenties early thirties "all" the nice blokes are taken - so if you're a good guy you ought to come as a pleasant suprise.

My hubby to be and I met online. It does work. I met some good and bad frogs on there, but found the prince in the end.

I think online, you can be quite hardnosed! you can filter the people quite horrifically - and often get rejected if you 'wink' at someone who isnt interested.

I got stood up once on a date and i wanted to die. I think he had seen me, and then changed his mind and did a runner. That was my own damaged low self esteem at the time. I now know he was just a prat who missed out on a great girl (me!) and he is a shallow loser if he did see me and leg it!!!

Just enjoy dating and have fun - who knows you might find the one!

x

I met my wife when I was 34 after a long dry spell - we met through a wildlife forum so i'd totally endorse what the others were saying about shared interests

before that I did 'singles grapevine' for a bit - and I met some nice girls (and so total psycho hosebeasts) but the trouble is that dating sites can be very pressured which isnt great if you dont have the confidence (which i didnt)

so yeah my advice, go out live your life amd join some interest groups - sooner or later you'll meet a nice girl. HTH

edit; and with regard to the age thing dont worry , the constant lament of my single female freinds is that when you get to your late twenties early thirties "all" the nice blokes are taken - so if you're a good guy you ought to come as a pleasant suprise.

I love the Wayne's World reference! :D Psycho hosebeast...haven't heard that for a while! :)

Well I've tried the Online thing..May Post my profile for you Ladies to give me some tips on what I did wrong n right..If you all don't mind?

Hi Mutts.... get posting, what could be better than all us lovely ladies to give you some tips! On the internet dating thing.. I met my ex on match.com and was with him for 3.5 years, so it does work. Good luck x

My hubby to be and I met online. It does work. I met some good and bad frogs on there, but found the prince in the end.
I met some really nice frogs online too and have just married the one who turned out to be a prince :D (for anyone who deoesn't know, he's French lol)

I think online dating works because you can put in your criteria and know that you'll have plenty in common with the person you meet before you even meet. The only thing to watch out for is that the initial attraction may be mental, rather than physical, if you know what I mean. You can build up a really good relationship online before you meet and then be a bit disappointed when the fireworks don't happen on the first date. Compared to "real life" meeting someone, where the initial attraction may be more physical. I'm not saying that's the case with all relationships, I'm speaking from my own experience. I felt really deflated because it wasn't love at first sight with my (now) husband. Soon got over it though :D

Good luck with this exciting phase in your life

I am dating someone now I met online and we are getting on well.. Only early days buy I'm very happy so far and just went into it with an open mind, previous to meeting him I went on quite a few dates, with great guys but jut not for me!

Back