Daunting process....8 stone of weight to lose!

hi all

i was diagosed with PCOS just under a year ago and its safe to say i have not had much luck (and probably havent tried hard enough) with losing weight

so new year new start and 8 stone to lose.

i ideally i would like to lose 4 by june as i have a friends wedding to attend.

my first goal has been set to lose 1 stone by end of january...

any tips?!

I have PCOS as well and 7 stone to lose. I am doing the cambridge diet SS which is tough, but I find it very difficult losing weight on other diets and this does get the weight off - good luck whatever you decide.

Good luck lovey - I too am a PCOS gal and am determined to make a change this time! The only thing I can say is set yourself small realistic goals - thats how I am going to do it this time! X Good luck- go for it!

Hi everyone new to this. I also have PCOS and need to lose about 7/8 stone I have been diagnosed now for about 4 years. The only diet I tried was slimming world and everytime I only ever lose a little. I have just rejoined again as since nov when I stopped smoking I have put on a stone. I am hoping I have the will power to do it this time

Hi guys,

I am in the same boat as you all! After many miscarriages and my premature son passing away they decided to investigate! PCOS is the diagnosis. I need to lose 7 - 8 stone realistically but setting small goals at the mo! Set my target at around 15 stone (this is my interim) if i see everyday the big loss i need to make i shudder that why i have set it low!

I am taking xenical which was perscribed by the doctor. I started them on boxing day, and i have found them to be good! I have followed th guidlines to the dot and had no side effects! I weighed myself last sunday (sunday is my weekly weigh day) and lost 11 pounds! This weeks not bee so good due to a death in the family - but i will be happy with a 3 pound loss to take me to the 1 stone mark in 2 weeks x

I too have PCOS and find it hard to lose weight. I had 7 stone to lose and so far I have lost 43lbs so far (3 st 1lb) from being on Weight Watchers and vigarous exercise and now I have gone over to the Cambridge Weight Plan where I WILL lose the rest. I am hoping to be at goal by the end of the year.

You CAN lose the weight whilst having PCOS BUT you have to chose the best plan for you. If your after fast results then the CWP will be best. If you want to have a steady weight loss then you should consider a low GI plan.

Good luck with your journey x

Hi missus L, What is the Cambridge plan and how does it work? x

Thank you hun - i will have a look, I just have to be carefull due to allergies!

Can i combine with Xenical or should i ask the doctor?

Katy xx

Ive had PCOS since I was 19..Im now 31...
Im currently following Rosemary Conley which is low GI and calorie counting. Ive followed alsorts of diets but I perfer to eat food rather than packets. So far Im loosing well. Also started exercising. Ive got about 11 stone to loose if I was to follow what the books say but I dont want to be 10 stone so final aim would be about 11-12 stone. In the middle Im aiming to be 16stone by the time I go on holiday in June which is about 5 stone to loose for now :)

I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS and have 8st to lose. I have also been prescribed Xenicol by the doctor and am currently in my 1st week of weight loss. I have tried to lose weight so many times before and failed but this time I am determined to get 1lb at a time.
Good luck to you x :)

hello ladies
i to have PCOS and have recently been to my doctors so i could start lighter life but she prescribed me orlistat/xenel so i have been giving these a bash im on day 3 and i have lost 3lb so will see if i dont see the results i need i shall be doing cambridge :)
good luck all xx

Hey, I was given xenical about 6 years ago and was on it for almost 2 years and I lost 3 stone, so although the side effects are a bit horrible it does work!! But I unfortunately put a bit of weight back on over the last couple of years and when my doctor put me back on them they didn't do much for me! So I was given Metformin and had been on those for 6 months but doc decided they weren't working so am trying lipotrim!! :)

morning i have been on it about 3/4 days and i have had no side effects thank god but im sticking below 5g fat mark just to be sure!!x

Hi I have PCOS also, I started SW 2 weeks ago and I have lost 9 1/2 lbs. Delighted so far, I find it easy so far. I need to lose at least 8 stone. Would love about 2 stone off by Easter and another 2 gone by end of June. I was on met a few years ago and was thinking of asking doc if I can go on it again. Best of luck with whatever plan you follow. I tried Cambridge before and found it very hard to stick to , think I did it for about a month properly and then another couple of weeks. Lost about 2 stone but most of it went straight back on unfortunately.

Another PCOS girly here :)
Was diagnosed towards the end of last year, after suffering with symptoms for 2 years. I have around 8 stone to lose as well. As soon as I was diagnosed I decided to lose the weight once and for all. I started my diet on the 3rd January and so far Ive lost 18lbs. Just hoping I can keep it up! Im following a VLCD and its going surprisingly well. Ive also noticed that the spots and hair growth I usually suffer with because of the PCOS haven't been as bad since I lost some weight.
To the OP: Don't give up! It can be done, just remember us PCOS ladies sometimes have to be a little bit more patient when it comes to weight loss! Set mini targets for yourself and then it won't seem as bad. We're all here for support :) xxxx

Im currently on weight watchers and im finding it ok to stick to. Ive tried cambridge before but to me it is sssooo unrealistic, i found it difficult to stick to, especially in social situations! weight watchers to me is so much better because it teaches me about healthy eating, portion control and it can be an easy way of life. Also the main thing is there are NO food restrictions, as long as you count the points NOTHING is forbidden which is good, it means if I want a choc bar I can have one, I dont have to faff about avoiding certain foods on certain days or eating my food in liquid form.
Not sure about low G.I. probably weight watchers food (the ready meals-which i eat alot of) arent low G.I but they are low in everything else and Im losing weight at a steady pace of 1lb a week on average and thats fine by me :)

hi everyone, first time poster here:D

I too have PCOS, and have always struggled to lose weight (or rather i should say i always struggled to find the right plan for me to lose weight)

Dh and i joined slimming world in may 2009 so coming up to two years. so far i have lost 6 stone, with another 4 stone to go. Dh has lost 12 stone.

i personally think that what works for one, may not work for another, so its just a matter of trying different things to see what works best for you.

for DH and i, we both love our food, so slimming world is fantastic for us, as we can eat until we feel satisfied rather than struggling to cope with feeling hungry (i think this is why most people tend to fail at "diets" as they are always hungry.......

good luck to everyone who is trying to lose weight:)

Back