Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Like the look of some of those meals Dave, I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to keep me interested in sticking to plan.

Must admit I'm actually starting to prefer certain quorn stuff to meat now. I would say quorn sausages in a sandwich are far nicer as they're not so greasy.

How do you find the wii fit. Mine is still boxed up and never been used as we have a really thick capret in our place so it wont work properly. I've seen that it's possible to get little feet for the board which make it work better on carpet so might have to order some of those.

Hi Ricky,

I LOVE the Wii fit :heartpump: :heartpump:

Most of the time you are on it, you forget you are exercising, it feels like you are playing a game! I prefer some of the activities to the others, and I give Yoga a very wide berth lol, but there is literally so much to choose from, and once you have your favourites you will find it a very useful tool to aid weight loss, especially if you are a little competitive :winner: Some of the games on it (for example heading the football, downhill and slalom skiing, etc) are also great to put on when you have kids round - including big kids :rotflmao:

You don't need to get leg extensions if you don't want to - a big piece of wood underneath will do the same thing, or a book under each edge, or maybe even something on top of the carpet first (maybe a bathroom mat?) might do it.

If you can't afford or don't wanna get to a gym, it's raining so you don't fancy going out, the Wii fit really is the best thing since sliced bread! And if you do the 'free' step or 'free' jog you can do it while watching a tv channel as it talks to you through the remote! :bliss:

Think I may have to get it hooked up over the weekend then. I'm sure I could find something sturdy to put it on.

Might have to put FIFA 10 on the ps3 down for a few days lol.

Hi Dave

My soup was totally syn free and lush (if I say so myself) lol
This time I used a little left over veg I had in the fridge, carrots, sweetcorn, cabbage, green beans....I fried an onion and some garlic in frylight of course, put in the veg and added a tin of tomatoes some herbs and a chicken stock oxo,,salt and pepper etc....added some water cos it was a bit thick..but was lovely....
I do loads using left overs...I got rice leftover from yesterday cooked in chicken stock with mushrooms, sweetcorn, roasted courgettes and peppers... lovely

trial end error is a lot of it...if it works go with it!

Hil

Hil, that sounds good, may have to borrow some of your ideas there :)

Is chicken oxo free? We have Bovril / chicken Bovril in jar which is free, but I thought most of the other stocks were syns?

As far as I know oxo are free.

And Dave, I have to ask, What Silver Piggy?? :confused: .....Or don't I want to know??? :D:D:D:D:D;)

I hope it's something exciting...:D:p:p:p:p

lol I had forgotten about silver piggy! Must change that soon :)

OK, when you start on the Wii fit, you get a 'piggy bank' which keeps a running total of how many minutes you've been exercising in that session, and also a running overall total of all your totals added together.

As you accumulate more time you get awarded different colour piggy banks as a kind of reward and I guess incentive too.

Mine upgraded to silver when I reached the 20 hours mark!

OK, I know it is dull and lame, but at the time (and bear in mind I was knackered lol) it was GREAT !!

If you want me to double check your OXO list here exactly what it is and I will check for you, but if you're happy it's right then excellent.

I am just back from Tesco and my weekly shop - all ready for the week ahead again. Seemed to cost a little more this week but still within budget which is all that matters.

I got up a wee bit too late for brekky this morning - it was lunchtime within half an hour of me getting downstairs lol. I'll be having my brekky for supper instead! Dinner is going to be Quorn shepherd's pie with veg and a bit of gravy, my wife's favourite of all the dishes we have tried so far.

Never, EVER think that inspirational and motivational little silver pigs are dumb and lame. I think I have just found the biggest reason to fork out some cash and buy a Wii!! :D:D:D:D:D

I had a really cool vision of a silver pig on a bike cycling as you were jogging :whacky068:shouting "Go Dave, go.....You can do it!!!" :D:D:D IMMD. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D :rotflmao:

P.S. Thanks for the offer, but I've just checked the SW website, and all the oxo are FREE.

Hi Dave

I'm back again, like a bad penny :D

Glad to see you're working hard on your wii fit. For anyone that hasn't got one and is thinking about it, I think it's the best thing ever. I have always had trouble with those exercise dvd's but I love my wii fit. You can do a body test as well which shows your weight and a graph to check your progress. I find that really helpful, but of course the scales at weigh in day are what's important.

I can do a few of the yoga exercises, but none that involve wrapping my leg several times around my neck...!! There are also muscle exercises, and you unlock others as you go along. The aerobics section is great; I always do a hula hoop and step exercises, got to get back into the jogging but even that is made fun because you are running around a little island with other little people (you make your own character..your mii). As Dave says, it feels like a fun way to exercise and the piggy bank that stores your hours and minutes is a real incentive.

I've not really felt like experimenting too much with soups but I think that's a great idea to save the leftovers and make something from them.

Just finished on the Wii fit : another 1hour 9 minutes into the piggy bank! I am finding it harder and harder to get any of my results onto the scoreboards now lol, I've got too good for myself! Still remains good fun though, and an excellent way to get exercise and help me trim up and lose some weight!

Looking forward to Wii fit 2 coming out very soon, and I am also picking up My Fitness Coach - Cardio Workout soon too :)

Tomorrow Marie is coming over and joining us for a nice lunch, then in the afternoon I am thinking about taking my wife and sons out for a ride on the High Speed train that I will be driving from December. They haven't yet been on it as it's only from tomorrow that it becomes free for staff/family to ride on (and I'm far too tight to pay for a ticket haha).

In the evening we have sausage casserole for dinner, using Quorn sausages, which will be a first for us to have them in a casserole so looking forward to trying that.

We've been giving some thought toward Christmas, and after much deliberation we have decided to suspend our diets on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day - we will enjoy Christmas and eat drink be merry, then from the next day get back on it again. I love it when a plan comes together!

Goodnight all :)

Hi Dave

Hope your trip out on the train was really fun :D

Thanks for lunch today, it was yummy as usual and much appreciated. Good to see you all, and how cute was Charlie in his Ben 10 outfit lol.

Look forward to seeing how your meal cooked in the slow cooker will turn out. I haven't used one for years!

Keep up with the wii fit, you are much more committed than me. I did a measly 9 minutes today but that was because I couldn't be bothered getting out of bed when the alarm went off lol so ran out of time in my rush to be at yours on time (which I wasn't, never am lol).

Catch ya later x

Hiya

Not sure what we are doing over the Christmas to be honest..
I dont want to stop altogether, I think we may have a flexible syn day.
Most of it will be ok as I am doing extra easy, so it should be ok...
I am looking forward to planning a menu for the day..I am working Christmas Eve anyway so its just CD & BD to plan for....then back to work on the Monday...Boo Hoo

Good luck for the weekend

Hil

Hi all

We took the boys onto the new High Speed train for the first time, and although they said they enjoyed it I guess they expected it to be more than a train that just goes fast lol. For me, it was an awful experience - once you have been in the drivers seat nowhere else on the train even comes close to comparing!!

The round trip took a total of 5 and a half hours lol, and resulted in us not having dinner until gone seven! I took a banana and a couple of Alpen light bars to keep me going.

Dinner was sausage casserole, with Quorn sausages. We all really enjoyed it, even my youngest who is incredibly fussy with his food, so definitely another one to add to a future menu for a repeat performance.

I've just finished the Wii fit, 56 more minutes to add to my running total, and when I got on it I was informed I was lighter - always a good thing lol, although only my SW weigh ins really count for me.

My wife and kids are out tomorrow from about 11 until dinner time, so I have the day to myself. If it is dry I am thinking about going for a nice ride before lunch, then having a lovely long soak in the bath lol.

I've confirmed today that I have managed to get Tuesday off work annual leave which is great as it means I'll be able to go to my SW meeting and weigh in. It's not really that I'm SO keen I will make a habit of using my annual leave when I am on late turns so that I can get to meetings, but I have a lot left and I am running out of year to take it in, so seemed as good a reason as any!

Hope things are going well for everyone, and if weight isn't shifting as fast as you might hope watch out for the other signs of progress - clothes being looser, less shortness of breath walking/using stairs, etc. This is more than just weight loss, it is life improvement :)

Goodnight all ♥

If you want some ideas for Christmas Day (other than sod the diet - I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!:D:D:D) there was a Christmas Day menu thread (My Red day menu had no syns, so plenty left for gravy, alcohol and chocolate!!:rolleyes:) Have to keep Christmas a bit under control, as on Boxing Day we go to my in-laws and basically end up having ANOTHER Christmas Day type meal.:eek: The things I suffer to keep the in-laws happy. :D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When I first heard of the High Speed Train, I really wanted to hear whooshing noises and look out of the window to see Star Trek Warp Speed streaks. :D

Now you are just telling me it's like a normal train - just a bit faster?!?!??:sigh: So I take it the transporters will be a few years away then??!? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh well..... :p:p:p

Afternoon Dave

Hope you managed to get out for a cycle ride. What's in store for you today then, what you got for dinner?

Can't believe I'm becoming such an anorak over dieting and nosing about to see what other people have lol.

My breakfast was rushed because I had my parents over this morning to try to fix my broken oven. Worked for a while but not working now, need an expert to look at it methinks. I can't wait to try out some new recipes and especially to try the sw chips but will have to wait a bit obviously.

Friends turned up later just as I'd managed to prepare my lunch but I was happy enough to just sit and eat it in front of them.

She has lost nearly 7st now after having bypass surgery and was wearing jeans. She looked fab :D Definite incentive to keep going. I don't think I've worn jeans since I was about 15!

Lonestitcher - I gave a lot of thought into planning my Christmas eating around SW, and I agree it would be quite possible, but I've decided to bin it just for the three days. My brother is staying with me Christmas eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and of course we'll have the kids here. It's gonna be crazy in the house, loadsa toya everywhere, and I wanna get some nice Xmas munchies in for us all to enjoy. I'm just gonna be 100% all the way up to Christmas Eve, then again from 27th December again. I doubt the three days will make any difference (I will still have been dieting 4 days that week remember!) and anything I put on I will take off the following week. Merry Christmas :) lol

Marie - good to hear you've had a nice busy day. This evening we are having chicken chow mein and curry sauce, all syn free if I recall but I will have to check! It would be rather useful to get your oven fixed lol

mommyb - it's been a nice day here, not exactly a hot summers day of course but it is dry. So yes indeedy I went out for a ride. I noticed my neighbours car was here so I dragged him out first; He 'joined' SW a couple of weeks ago after being told to lose weight by his doctor but he hasn't yet really followed it properly, although he did lose a pond on his first weigh in. Well he decided to start riding with me, so I suggested he get his bike serviced (hadn't been used for 4 years) and build up slowly. Of course, he hadn't been out on it yet, so I dragged him out just for a long ride round the block - just over a mile. But he survived, and we are going out for slightly longer tomorrow so he can build up slowly. After I had dropped him off I went out on my own, but instead of my usual route I went for an explore, to a part of the town I hadn't been to before, found myself off-road for about half the ride on trails and in a farmers field, all good fun, but much harder than riding on a road!! Total was 5.59 miles, which is good.

I then came home, and did 52 minutes on the Wii fit, so I have been a VERY good boy today haha.

My afternoon is gonna consist of some TV, and a little TV, and I am thinking of trying to squeeze some TV in if I can :)

If God rested on Sundays, then we should too!

Enjoy the rest of your weekends :)

Back