Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hi all :)

tfmd I am looking forward to that recipe more than you know lol.

We just had our dinner, bolognese shells, and what else can I say, except YUK! The pasta shells were ming, and even the Quorn mince ended up ming somehow!! Definitely not one we will be having again.

I've spoken to my SWC and arranged that I am going to go to her Wednesday meeting next week and the week after, as I can't make my own Tuesday one. I'm looking forward to winning their raffle! lol

Tomorrow I am up and out early and have 5 hours of travelling :( I'll be having breakfast before I go, taking some pack up and snacks for through the day, and I'm already looking forward to my dinner, which we haven't yet decided what to have. Decisions, decisions.

Hope you're all having a good weekend (it has officially started!), and those sneaky weigh ins are looking good ♥

Might see you there then Dave, I go to 5:30 class on Weds. Which one are you going to? Are you going to nab our SoW prizes too??:)

As it goes, I plan to go to the 17.30 meeting, as it gets me home earlier for dinner, so that is a date! You have an unfair advantage on me though, as I will be the only new man who isn't a new member so easy to spot! You'll have to come and introduce yourself :)

I will take the raffle prize, but not fair to nab your SOTW prizes too :)

Hi Dave

Here goes the recipe

Sweet Potata Hash with baked eggs
Serves 4

300g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
1/2 savoy cabbage (or any other strongish flavour cabbage)
1tbsp soy sauce
fry light
1 red onion
4 medium eggs

Cook the sweet pots in boiling water for 10 mins until almost tender.
Remove from the pan and leave to cool. Add the cabbage to the water and cook for 2 mins until tender and drain.

Cut the pots into small cubes, mix in a bowl with the cabbage, soy sauce and seasoning.

Heat a frying pan and spray with fry light, add the onion and fry for 1-2 mins. Add the sweet pot and cabbage mix and fry, stirring for a few mins. Make 4 hollows and crack and egg into each one. Cover with a lid for 8-10 mins or until the eggs are cooked through.

Cook until you eggs are cooked to your liking...I would cook them less as I like runny eggs...Its a bit trial and error until you get it to your tastes...But it is very scrummy.

I also used spring greens instead of the cabbage because I had it in the fridge already...

I have another recipe for a tomato and chilli based sauce with eggs baked in the oven..Let me know if you fancy having a look at that one.

Hope you like it

Hil

Hi Hil,

Thanks for the recipe I will give it a bash on next week's menu :) As for the other one, I am no fan of tomato (though I generally eat it as part of a meal) and the wife is no fan of chilli, does either flavour stand out or is it a different flavour altogether when mixed up? I ask as our favourite SW meal is the chicken chow mein - I actually don't like the VAST majority of the ingredients, yet when they are cooked together it is lush lol. It also happens to be what I had for dinner tonight :)

Have had a great day today - got up early, didn't feel too achy, long journey by rail replacement bus and 3 trains to the mother-in-law's. Kids love trains! Today we moved our trailer (the kind that attached to the back of a car). It has been stored in the brother-in-law's garage but he is selling up and moving, so we have moved it to the mother-in-law's for safekeeping. This also involved loads of heavy lifting, sweeping, and things that generally are knackering lol, and yet today I have been full of beans!! In fact, I have never felt so fit :)

This evening I had to pop to the Co-op to get some mushy peas (for the curry sauce). They didn't have any :( Previously I would have just gone back home and we would have gone without, but instead I walked into town to Tesco to get some. Sounds dumb, but it really is a me I don't recognise haha.

Incidentally, while I was there ... I walked up to the checkout, and noticed the lady in front of me is someone from my SW meetings. She works in Tesco, and I just assumed she was doing workstuff. But as she saw me she literally dived all over whatever was in front of her!! So of course I felt the need to pry lol, and it turns out she had just one item ... a box of 8 doughnuts!! She went bright red, swore she was only having one, then went off LMAO. Red handed :)

I'm about to sit down and watch a couple of episodes of The Shield with my good friends MullerLight and apple :) Then when the wife goes to bed I shall get into my Wii fit and MFC:Cardio Workout, and of course the traditional banana will be waiting for me at the end.

Tomorrow we don't have much planned, except for taking our youngest into town, and to Argos, to spend all his Birthday money - of which he has loads!!

I hope you are all having a great weekend, back soon ♥

Sounds like a good day...
Well done on the extra walk....A few weeks ago you would have given up because you couldn't be bothered doing the extra walk..The more weight you lsoe the more energy you'll have...
I have Waitrose just round the corner from me which I love, but Asda (which I don't like) is a good 10-15 walk away...If I have to go there I walk there and back....we usually use Tesco..OH works for them and we have the discount! Every little helps!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Unfortunately the tomato and chilli eggs does taste a lot of tomato..It's like a basic tomato pasta sauce with a as much or as little chilli, or none at all...

Hope you survive the shopping trip!! hahahaha
Don't you just love them?
Kids and shopping trips, its ok with boys they tend to know what they want...I got 3 girls to shop with and boy it's hard!!! and 2 are step daughters! hahahahahaha
My son was no trouble shopping for his pressies, he knew what he wanted and went for it!!!!!!!!!!!
The girls go into every shop before they decide and then again just to make sure they actually like it!! hahahaha

Speak soon

Hil

ROFLMAO at your SW friend :break_diet::argh::busted::booboo:

Can you imagine if she gains at the next WI?? She'll be like :eek: and you'll be like :whistle:;)

Maybe you can convince her that your consultant has got you to go around spying on everyone :peep:?!? :D:D:D:D

Lonestitcher, I am actually still giggling now - not so much at catching her redhanded, but at her attempt to cover it up! Why she feels she needs to justify anything to me or anyone else I don't know, it is only herself she needs to justify anything to. She doesn't even have taste ... they were jam not custard ;)

The good news, perhaps, for her is that I cannot make the next meeting, nor indeed the one after, due to work commitments. I am instead going to a different group in another town the following day.

And anyway, her secret is safe with me :)

Hil - Tesco discount eh? Nice! Hope the clubcard points get worked out before the discount comes off lol. I adore Tesco. Where I live has pretty much been a one supermarket town for a long time (Tesco. There has been a large co-op but it is always empty, shelves look bare, very uninviting, you couldn't do a weekly shop in there imo. We have an Iceland too which is great for odd things but again I don't think you could really do a weekly shop in there). But now we have a Morrissons which will be opening soon, and also there is news of the possibility of a new Sainsburys being built! OVERKILL!!

I shall stick to Tesco though, although I may grab some odd bits from Morrisons like their scrummy low-syn sausages lol. Wonder if they'll take Clubcard ;)

I am very much looking forward to going to Argos, even it that is only because it will stop them talking about Christmas for five minutes haha. My eldest is over the moon because we are buying him a recorder, funny how easily pleased kids are isn't it? I seem to recall they are the most boring instruments EVER - and all kids do is learn frere jacques, london bridge is falling down and 3 blind mice then never play it again lol. But he is stoked. He can play it in his bedroom I tell ya haha.

My youngest seems to be after a double ended light sabre (why have a one ended one when a double ended one is clearly twice as good!), and perhaps a couple of PSP games or something. I am sure his mind will change half a dozen times on the way. Gotta love em haven't you?

Goodnight all ♥

Hi all

Last night's exercise went well - I did 50 mins on the Wii Fit and a little longer on My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout, and felt far fitter afterward as opposed to the aching sweaty wreck I was the previous time lol. This evening I plan to do the same on the Wii fit, but go up to intermediate on the other one.

Been a good day today, went to the shops with the wife and boys. Alison got herself some boots, and my youngest got his double ended light sabre. And nothing else! He still has over £50 left, but wanted to wait until another day. HAHA good for him, money has always burnt a hole in my pocket but it seems he isn't afflicted with the same problem :) My eldest got his recorder, and he too didn't want to spend his £5 on anything else, instead keeping it for another day. May have to do some paternity tests!! ;)

We had lasagne for dinner, using Quorn instead of mince. We used the Dolmio sauces instead of going for something more SW friendly, but then the syns are there to be used so we did lol. Very yummy it was too.

As I've had so much time on my hands today, I've just finished planning NEXT WEEK's menu!! How's that for organised eh?

We will be having, in no particular order as of yet:
> mushroom & pea risotto
> balti Quorn stir fry
> Quorn & pasta bake
> spicy Quorn madras curry (korma for the wife and boys)
> bubble & squeak cakes with eggs and beans
> Quorn family roast with roast tatas and veg, yorkshires, gravy
> sweet potato hash with baked eggs

And on top of all that, we are going to try and make up/squeeze in hash browns / tortilla squares / couple of soups (coriander & sweetcorn and minestrone)

My mouth is already watering, and I haven't even finished eating this week's food yet haha.

Hope you've all had a great weekend, sad that it is nearly over. For me it's not so bad as I still have another 6 days off work woohoo!!

Our weigh ins are coming around again, I hope the SW Gods are smiling on us. My weight hasn't really budged yet this week. I'm not too bothered to be honest - staying the same would actually be ok - I have muscles on muscles that I didn't know I had, my clothes are all getting looser, and I am feeling much fitter and far more full of energy than ever before, so if I have to put up with a bad weigh in then so be it as I know everything is going very much to plan :) :) :)

Of course, it is only Sunday still, and I don't weigh until Wednesday this week, so my fingers are still crossed lol

Dave ♥

Life choices are so easy for them! Hahahaha
I agree on the light sabre though why have a one ended one when a 2 ended one is available? Haha
bless em!

I am a bit unhappy today! I weighed (I know I shouldn't have) and it's showing I've put on 3lb! How the flip have that happened in one day? I'll be gutted tomorrow if it's right! And I don't know how either which is worse because if I went out for a massive meal or something I could understand it!
I have to try and be positive and hope my scales are wrong!
Arghhhhhhhhh!

I am a bit unhappy today! I weighed (I know I shouldn't have) and it's showing I've put on 3lb! How the flip have that happened in one day?

There could be loads of reasons why you have "gained" 3lbs in one day. It could be water weight, food weight, remember all that food you eat does weigh something. This is why generally they say that you should weigh first thing in the morning after youve been to the toilet and before you eat (naked if possible) although obviously doing SW its different because we get weighed at class, but at least we are doing the other reccommended thing of weighing once a week at the same time each week :) xx

As already mentioned by Kel, you shouldn't worry about it at all. It could be any of the things she mentioned or indeed any other number of things! The only weigh in that means anything is your proper SW weigh in, and if that shows the same then even then you shouldn't worry about it - just stick with what you're doing, follow the plan, and in the big scheme of things you will continue to lose weight, get trimmer, healthier and fitter.

I suspect no weight loss for me this week (not as bad a feeling as putting on I know, but still a big difference for someone used to losing 5lbs per week!), and I put it down to muscle development - all the other indications are positive, it is only my weight which this week isn't playing ball.

I'm sure next week it will all right itself again for both of us. Just hang in there :)

I'm all done now on the Wii fit and other game, had a great workout, and looking forward to tomorrow - more food, more drink, more Wii, less me!!

Kel, Dave
thanks fir the words of encouragement, I know I shouldn't weigh myself at home but like most of us I do!
Then it puts me in a dispondant mood and it really shouldn't, it's a hard slog to lose weight and there are going to be ups and downs along the way! This is the way my body goes it's always been the same, so why do I get so surprised?
Oh bugger it!
Whatever happens at weigh in happens!
You never know the kids could have played with the scales I've lost 4lb! Lol. (doubt it though they electronic!) hahaha

good luck both for your weigh ins!

Dave
I am sure you've lost again this week, you are doing fabulously, but even if you don't you've felt a huge difference already. Keep at it, we'll all get the eventually

xxxxxx

tfmd,

Fingers crossed and best of luck for your weigh in later, can't wait to hear how you did. And I don't think there is anything wrong with weighing at home between SW weigh ins; In fact I think it's only natural! And so long as you can keep it a positive influence (no matter if it shows loss/gain/sts) then it does no harm.

Did you weigh again this morning to see if it had changed?

Hi Dave

hahahaha Yes I did weigh myself this morning! How did you know???
I have still gained, but only 2lb this morning.
I have resigned myself to the fact that a gain is on the cards, but it's just the amount of that gain....We'll see..I have stuck to the plan, and it's one of those things with me...
Goes really well, then I put on...I have lost for the last 3 weeks running, so I suppose a gain was on the cards! hahahaha

I do suffer with my stomach - *too much info time* - not being able to 'go' and this weekend has not been very good on that front....I don't like taking laxatives though, but if it carries on I shall have to....

I am a working experiment on things that agree with me...
I didn't eat any scan brans on the weekend and I think I am paying for it...I should have 5 a day and then I'll be fine..I shall buy 3 packs at group tonight and see if that works...I do actually like eating them on their own....Strange girl me!! lol

Am in work on my lunch having a lovely flask of home made veggie soup...yummy...Cos it a tad chilly in this bloody office!!!!!!!!!! haha

I'll let you know how I did later....

Hil

I am a working experiment on things that agree with me

I think that statement is true of us all, and those of us who understand that stand far more chance of making it to goal weight than those who don't.

The SW plan is very clever, in that within it's rules EVERYBODY is catered for, but that's not to say that everybody can have everything on the diet! Some things agree / disagree differently with some people than others, and the key is to personalising what is actually a generic plan, and making it your own.

Of course, seeing a loss week in week out would be a dream, but you are right that it won't always be like that, and I like the way that you have already accepted that following three good weeks you may get a blip - overall your average and total loss will still be great, a proper achievement that you can be proud of, and no doubt next week your weight loss will get right back on track. With that attitude you cannot fail to do well :)

Best of luck for tonight!

We tried something new for dinner this evening - egg fried rice, bhajis and some chips too. The bhajis were lovely and definitely something we will have again, and I suspect a good idea for future buffets! The chips are fast becoming a staple of our SW journey as they are so tasty, but I didn't like the rice, which really surprised me as I ADORE egg fried rice usually, and like all the individual ingredients too :( I'm actually a little gutted about it, but we will either play with the recipe or hunt for another. The wife and kids enjoyed it, so it is just me being a pain in the you-know-what lol.

We have gotten into watching The Biggest Loser USA, but I weigh more than ALL the people on it, which is a real eye opener for me, as IMO they look much bigger than I do. Maybe I have a different perspective or something :(

Weigh in would normally be tomorrow but I am going to a meeting and can't make it, so I am having to wait until Wednesday this week which is a shame as I like my Tuesday meetings. Better than missing out completely though haha.

tfmd I am waiting with fingers crossed and can't wait to see how you have done this week :)

You can uncross your fingers now...I put on 1/2....So much better than I thought!!
I am pleased with the result. I came home and had a lovely tea of sw fried egg, beans and bacon....Was lovely....

Hope all goes ok with you late weigh in

You can uncross your fingers now...I put on 1/2....So much better than I thought!!

Wow, that is indeed much better than you expected, nice one :)

Onwards and Upwards! (or downwards, I guess I should say lol)

Ta

I am pleased with that..I now have my supply of scan bran and am eating them as I type!! hhahaha

Hopefully the downward trend will re-appear next week..

Hope you are having a good week so far...Good luck tomorrow!!

Hil

Back