Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

glad you enjoyed the quorn roast, i've never tried that one. I usually have a quorn fillet baked in some kind of sauce- it used to be honey and mustard, or wine and herbs before starting sw, but now it's usually a tomato and veg concoction.

Last edited:
I really can't do quorn I have tried! I no like it!
I having beef mince curry with brocolli and cauli and rice for tea, looking forward to it too

have a good weekend
I am feeling very confident this week, let's hope it shows with a loss

Hil

Hi all, hope you're having good weekends :)

Hil, fingers crossed for your weigh in, I am sure your confidence and hard work will lead you to a good weigh in.

We had cod in breadcrumbs, chips and beans for dinner last night. I posted it on my Facebook status and had half a dozen people asking what had happened to my diet/etc looool. Quite enjoyed explaining that it was ON my diet, and adding that who in their right mind would want to go on a diet that stopped you eating the foods you wanted?

Slimming World 1 - 0 other diet plans :)

We all enjoyed the fish and chips, and it's definitely one we would have again.

I did my Wii fit last night, but with a difference ... for a while now I have been very easily completing the half hour free step on Wii fit without really getting tired or my legs aching, and yet when I walk up steps it nearly kills me lol.
I realised it was partly because the Wii fit board was only a couple of inches off the floor, and wasn't much of a step. So I have been trying to come up with a way of lifting it up a little higher, so that I have to work harder.
My neighbour has had a new kitchen fitted, and some of the new kitchen worktop (an offcut) was in his back garden, so I asked if I could have it!

Perfect!! This stuff is very thick, lifts the board about another 2 inches off the floor, and OMG did I ache when I finished my step last night. Love it :)

Today I have been around my friend Marie's house for lunch, which was very tasty, and she introduced me to something else I like now but never used to - and they're free!! Pickled onions. Gonna get some and have a couple when I have a salad.

Dinner this evening is sausage casserole, and I can smell it cooking now in the slow cooker and my mouth is watering haha.

I'll be doing my exercises again tonight, and sadly tomorrow afternoon I am back at work, for the first of three days before I get lots more time off.

I'll be working Tuesday again, so I will have to invade BaysideJ and her Whitstable group again on Wednesday to weigh in; The following week I hope to get back to my own group again though.

Some cracking meals coming up the next few days - Quorn balti tomorrow, Quorn pasta bake Monday, and I am VERY much looking forward to my Quorn madras Tuesday. I am gonna turn into Quorn if I'm not careful lol.

Catch you all later :)

Hiya

I love the cod and chips, but I have mushy peas with mine!! yummy...

I've done my menu for next week
Pizza chicken with Sweet potato chips and salad
turkey mince pasta and salad
roast fish and oriental rice
mushroom stroganoff and rice
curry, rice and onion bhajis
home made beef burgers with edges and salad

desserts
very berry eton mess
spiced spricot clafoutis
rhubarb fool for OH yuk!! lol
creamy fruit whip
juicy fruit crumble

I love cooking and I love making up the menus every week....
luckily daughter will eat most of that too, there are some exceptions, but she'll have a variation of the theme...

I am loving scan bran, egg mayo with bacon chopped into it...Had it for breakfast...Very very filling...

Good idea on lifting the Wii off the floor!! Never would have thought of that...When you think about it the proper 'step' things in a class are much higher than the Wii board....
Be careful you don't fall off it though ;0)

Quorn is so versatile, but I'm afraid I can't do it!! hahahaha
I suppose it's the same with scan bran, it's the Marmite syndrome!!
You either love it or hate it....I'm with the Marmite too!!

Looking forward to next weeks meals

Have a good one

Hil

Hi Dave - it's been a while since I've posted. Good to see you keeping up the exercise but most of all enjoying it. Your weight losses have been great and you looked really good when I saw you yesterday despite your aching limbs lol.

Thanks for sharing the pasta sauce recipe to go with my quorn meatballs. I thought it was very nice indeed. Blending it helped because my son is very fussy about onions but if he can't see it I can sneak it in :D

I'm sure the Whitstable group are enjoying your company as much as I do and I guess from time to time you'll have to pay a visit to them when you can't get to your Tuesday night weigh in.

Let me know how your balti and madras curries go this week. A little too spicy for me I fear but I know you like them hot!!

tfmd - your menus look great. I've also enjoyed experimenting though nothing complicated yet. My boys love the meringue nests with fresh fruit and fromage frais and I've also made a vegetable quiche and ham mini quiches.

Marie

Hi Dave,

I joined sliiming world around the same time as you with a similar starting weight. (However, as I am female, I have more to lose than you....). I have been reading your diary for the last few weeks, and have found it very motivational. Just thought I should finally join up and say thanks!

hi dave, hope your weekend has been better than mine- foodwise that is! I've had a lovely time just too many syns; naughty wine!!!!

Hi all :D

Hil, I like the idea of mushy peas with the cod and chips, will have that next time.
Your menu for next week look great! How do you make SW pizza?
I love Marmite by the way ;)

Marie, welcome back to Minimins again :)
I'm excited for you having weigh in tonight, and look forward to hearing the good news later.

slinkydreams, welcome to Minimins and to my diary :D. Looks like we both have a long way to go, but it's gonna be a fun journey with plenty of pitstops along the way, but we will get there. And I don't think it will take as long to get there as it did for me to put the weight on (20 odd years lol). Love your username too!

BaysideJ, I had a brilliant weekend (more about that coming up). Sorry to say it, but your wine isn't naughty, you are :rotflmao:. I'm sure you will have yet another good weigh in Wednesday, you are a weight loss machine, and an inspiration to all of us.

My weekend, well yesterday actually, was possibly one of the best days I have had in a very long while, and for a number of reasons, so now I'm gonna bore you with all of them haha.

> When I woke up, I got on the scales, and registered a weight below 22 stone for the first time since I started the plan. I know my Wednesday night weigh in will be nowhere near this low (usually about 6lb above my morning weigh in) but it was GREAT to see it start with 21st .. :D

> I was at work yesterday (not in itself a reason for the day being good haha), so had my dinner at lunchtime and took my lunch with me. I had Quorn balti with Pilau rice for lunch, and OMG it was so beautiful. I have long been a fan of a chicken madras from an indian, but tbh I would choose this SW homemade Quorn balti over a chicken madras any day of the week! Best SW meal so far, by a very long way.

> I picked up Wii fit 2 yesterday, although I haven't yet had a chance to check it out

> When I got to work, I was given £30 of vouchers! We have a 'go the extra mile' scheme whereby vouchers can be given to employees if it is felt like they have done a good job. And apparently I had a senior railway manager on my train a couple of weeks ago who liked how I dealt with a few problems so I got some WOOHOO. £30 isn't much I know, but at the same time it is LOADS!! And of course, good to know I was appreciated at the time.

> I had a 2 hour break (yep, TWO HOURS lol) at work, and watched Wolverine which I've been looking forward to since it came out, and it didn't let me down.

Carlsberg don't make Sundays, but if they did ... ;)

Well, Sunday is gone, Monday is here, and so another week of weigh ins comes along. I hope you all have good uns whenever yours is :D:D:D

ttfn ♥

liking the sound of the quorn balti, was it free/ or how many syns. Let us know how you made it as i like a good curry:)

well done you on another excellent weekend; it's hard to stay so focused, you're doing really well.

as for being a weight loss machine, i wish i was, i'd programme myself to lose 4lbs a week and i'd get to target pretty quickly. sadly i'm not and have to do it the hard way!!
Have a good couple of days, well done on dropping below 22, i'll catch up with you on Wednesday when i shall do my best to win the raffle but will allow you to get SOTW!!!!

Hi Dave

Well done on your vouchers...It's good to be appreciated isn't it? I don't have anything like that where I work!! ;o(

The pizza I am having is a chicken breast topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese...It's lush, I think the recipe is on the SW website..
If you can't find it i'll post it for you.
Although I have made a SW pizza using mashed potato as the base, cook it until it goes crisp in the oven before putting the toppings on..
Apparently instant mash is better because you can make it thicker, but I made it with left over mashed potato...Was very nice...

Looking forward to weigh in later, will let you know how it goes..

chicken breast topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese...It's lush, I think the recipe is on the SW website.. have 2 second this oh liked it to oldest wasent to keen on
sauce but did say i put to much sauce on and would try it again with less sauce
:rolleyes:

Glad you had a good day yesterday (although you also had a good day Saturday because you came and saw me!) and well done on getting those vouchers :) Now go buy me a present with them ;-) :D

There's a pizza recipe in my SW book which Al was looking at on Saturday. It's a meat feast pizza and is 5.5 syns per portion (serves 4) although I suspect we would all eat one to ourselves lol.

As you do green days, you would have to substitute the extra lean mince and bacon for quorn substitutes but let me know if you want me to write it down on here for you.

I'm looking forward to my weigh-in, compared to last week when I was nervous. I have stuck to plan 100% and hope it will pay off tonight :)

Getting to below 22st is incredibly motivating for you I'm sure and I can imagine the look on your face when it registered on the scales :D

Sssshhhhhh ... don't tell anyone but I'm at work sneaking 5 minutes on their computer!! ;)

BaysideJ, offhand I think the Quorn balti was totally syn free except for the Pilau rice (2.5 syns for whole bag, boil in bag, Tilda). When I get home I will indeed check and post the recipe. As for Wednesday, taking the SOTW prize from a group other than my own is a little cheeky even for me lol so I'll pass on that (yep, slow week weight loss wise haha), but I'm coming for your raffle prize :)

Hil, I will look that recipe up, always good to try somethng new and it does sound scrummy. Fingers crossed for your weigh in, looking forward to reading the good news :)

Marie, OMG how could I forget to mention Saturday lol. Quite right it was a great day, went to Marie's house and had nice salad for lunch (only 9/10 though as there was no beetroot lol ;);)), and even got me into pickled onions!! I do green days as they naturally suit me better, but if there was a reason to have a red day I would do! Hurry up and get back on here with your weight loss so that I can shower congratulations on you haha (not that I'm spoiling it for you!!)

We had sweet potato hash, egg, beans and a corn on the cob piece for lunch today, and yet again it was another meal that shoots straight into my SW top 10!! Think I'm gonna need a top 30 as I don't have enough space now lololol. I didn't know what to expect as I have never liked cabbage, and not had sweet potato, but it really was very nice. Although I felt I could have had two portions. And maybe next time I will haha.

Made my first booboo earlier too ... packed my lunch for work and forgot to put my snacks in (planned for bag of Skips and a HiFi bar, hadn't used any other snacks so far today with brekky or lunch). Forgot to pack them, grrr. Couldn't face the idea of having to eat it all when I got home as it would be late, and I want my Wii fit and bed! But luckily I had a bit of cash on me, and a wife with access to the SW online syns site at home, and we worked out that I could have 2 Special K bliss bars from Boots here at Victoria for 9 syns. That will do nicely :) I love it when a plan comes together lol.

Had better shoot off now, bound to be some trains need running, back later - looking forward to read a couple of weigh in results too!!

You are so naughty sneaking PC time when you should be working!! lol
Are you addicted to this site by any chance?

I am happy to announce I lost 1lb tonight...

Isn't the sweet potato hash loverly? It's one of our favourites...

Have a good evening working...I am about to venture into the kitchen to wreak havoc and make a huge amount of mess...
Mushroom stroganoff and rice for tea and apple betty for pudding

tara

Hil

Dave - I thought I'd manage to post before you did since you were supposed to be working lol...

Next time you come over for lunch I'll supply you with some beetroot even though I said I'd never have it in the house :)

I lost 7lb - and got my 1 and a half stone sticker. If you see anyone with a smile the size of the Cheshire Cat's then you'll know it's me!

2 days to yours Dave and to Bayside - can't wait to hear your news.

Can I also add well done to Al (Dave's wife) for losing 2lb this week :)

Hil, addicted to this site ... me ... you bet! But it comes hand in hand with being addicted to this diet lol. Congrats on losing another pound this week :) Are you doing a Christmas countdown where you have a target to reach for Christmas? I am doing one and am so far ahead of target but weight loss is VERY slow for me this week. The sweet potato hash was far tastier than I expected it would be, and definitely one we would have again - thanks :)

Rie, a promise of beetroot, I'll hold you to that lol. Can't believe how much weight you lost!! Well done, we're all very proud of you for doing so well :)

I am back to work this afternoon, late turn is a real pain as it forces me to have my dinner at lunchtime, and my poor wife of course has to cook about 6 different things during the day now!! Today I am having Quorn pasta bake for my lunch, and it is almost ready I can smell it! I'll let you know how it is.

After today, I am off work again for a while which is great, and of course tomorrow is weigh in night which I am looking forward to. I hope to lose 2lbs, which would be my lowest loss so far, but it's been quite slow this week and I would be chuffed with another 2lb off the total.

Have a great day everyone ♥

I agree, I am quite addicted to this site too....I love it!!
I hope to lose a stone before Christmas....A bit of a tall order considering my weight loss is notoriously slow, but it's a bit of a mini target...I will try my hardest to do it though....But even if I lose a few more pounds it still makes me over a stone lighter than when I started!!

I made the mushroom stroganoff last night and it wasn't as it should have been,,,,I made it before and it was nice, but last night something went wrong and i'm not quuite sure what it was...never mind there are plenty of other recipes to try...

Am on lunch having homemade veggy soup and some scan bran...yummy

Good luck for tomorrow...2lb is still 2lb off, that would be a bloody good week for me! haha

Best of luck, you might be pleasantly surprised
xxxxxxxxx

After reading your someone critical posts on kels facebook i thought i'd come and see your diary... your doing very well on your chosen method of weightloss and i can see that so well done!!.. but i think you can't rule out what other people choose to do on there own journeys and while you can give your opinion try not to be so judgemental/critical. Afterall we are all doing the best we feel we can do and the right things for some people aint the right ones for others.

keep up the good work.

Hil, sorry to hear about your mushroom stroganoff, hope you can work out what was different and make it right for next time. I had Quorn pasta bake for lunch, and although it started off very tasty, for some reason it started to taste like a Quorn bolognese shells dish we had a couple of weeks ago and didn't like, so I shan't be having this meal again. I'm glad really, because it was getting to the point where I was loving every meal and having a hard time choosing between them haha.

Pink Punkstar, welcome to my diary :) I never meant for my posts on Kel's status to be critical nor judgemental (though I would be the first to admit I can be both lol), they were just my opinion and advice. What she does is totally up to her. She has demonstrated in the past that she can lose weight VERY effectively by following a proper diet and exercising, and I know she has fallen out of love with Slimming World (I totally agree it probably isn't the best option available to her, given that she struggles to eat a lot during the day, whereas it suits a gannet like me down to the ground!) but there are plenty of other options available including a healthy eating plan she could come up with herself - and indeed she did just that ONE DAY before deciding she wanted tablets. She is very disillusioned right now I know, and I genuinely feel for her, I just don't think she needs to turn to tablets to help lose. It wasn't tablets that made her big, it was eating unhealthily and/or a lack of exercise, and reversing that will make her lose weight as she has proven herself in the past. We are all in a rush to lose our weight, and get to the size that we want, but in my opinion there is a right and wrong way of doing that, and again in my opinion only by healthy eating/regular exercise will you learn to eat and look after yourself correctly so that you don't put it all back on afterward. I could be wrong, I could be right, ultimately it doesn't really matter it is just my opinion and I was only trying to help her out. I shall be more careful in future.

I've had to send my Wii off down the menders so no Wii fit for me tonight after work (yep, being sneaky at work again doing Minimins haha), but I shall make up for it tomorrow morning with a nice ride. PLEASE don't rain!! Then tomorrow night is yet again weigh in night. I'm looking forward to it, I expect to lose a couple of lbs, and I can't wait to get back to my own group the following Tuesday :)

After today I am off work again at least until Monday, but maybe until the following Sunday which would be GREAT!! Just gotta wait and see.

Back later ♥

Back