Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on getting over the "swimming" hurdle. I go swimming, and I agree that it must be worse for men as they only wear shorts (you could always go Borat style and opt for a mankini..:D)

You beat me at the 3 stone award, I got mine last week. I seem to have one week where I lose between 4-6 lb and then only 0.5 - 1lb the next week. I am now aiming for4st before Xmas (not sure how achievable that will be though....)

A diet is for life,not just for christmas

Word of wisdom Mommyb :D:D:D

Slinky, my dad put on a mankini for a dare (yes, it was scotch-fuelled lol) and to this day I have nightmares about it!! And despite being over 60 his body is reasonably fit. OMG I can't imagine me wearing it lol.

I didn't beat you to the 3 stone award, let's call it a draw, I just happened to weigh in before you :D

Best of luck hitting the 4 stone mark before Christmas. Tbh I have had so many things on the last few weeks and coming up that I could handle getting to the new year the weight I am now and picking it up from there. I am gonna stick to plan and work around my events as much as possible, but I'm not expecting much weigh loss between now and Christmas.

Kudos to you if you can shake another stone by then!!

:whistle:I am glad you enjoyed your meal.. I love eating out and with SW you can make healthier options, but once in a while it's just nice to blow it.
I went out Friday the new Jamie's (Oliver) Italian in Cardiff...
I had mixed breads with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip and baby sweet peppers filled with anchovies (my OH & I shared these!)
Then for the main I had beef carpaccio and leaf salad with grated fresh horseradish!!!! OMG it was lush.....
The food wasn't that bad as far as SW goes, it was the wine I consumed with the meal!! hahahaha
I'm not expecting a loss this week and I am very much ok with that!!
I enjoyed myself and had a fabulous meal..

I have changed my thinking too.....I am still going to persevere with SW as I know it works, but if I gain I gain....I am not going to beat myself up about it....Easier said than done I think! lol
I wanted to lose a stone before Christmas and honestly I don't think this is going to happen...
I will be happy if I can be under 13st..
I was last week, but I fear I am back over the mark today...;0)
But it doesn't matter I am in no rush, I am not in a race to get anywhere...
So, I will keep you informed of my very slow, not so steady progress ;):whistle:

On the other hand though I am so impressed by your weight loss..
Hopefully the meal won't do that much damage..Your exrcise regime should balance a lot of that out, not to mention the diet coke you had with the meal!! :angeldevil:

I will let you know later what I've done.
I have to go now, I have a day off and I need to go and put my face on..I am going out with OH this afternoon when he comes home from work (he on 6-2)

I love the emoticons I am sending you a Christmas wish already, cos they cool..

:109::dancing_snowman:
hahahahahahaha

Hil

Hi Dave

Your meal sounds yummy and you ahve the right attitued to your long term weight loss. You may be surprised a wi and still lose a little because your so good at getting back OP.

You have really inspired me with planning for challenging times.

I have succeeded with 2/3 challenges so far and as i had a plan inplace i ended up using far less syns than i thought I would. in fat if i hadn't had a plan I would of going crazy!

I am having a hungry day today. A combo of women's hormones LOL (sorry if tmi) and post half marathon hunger. I had one of my fav meals for lunch (pasta n sauce mac and cheese with leeks and veg) which normaly fills me up and I feel like it did not touch the sides. I have also treated myself to a biscuit and some choc buttons. BUT now any more food must be free!

GOOD LUCK WITH WI THIS WEEK

Teresa

Hi Teresa, I'm going fine, nothing to worry about, just had lots on. I enjoy being busy to be honest, but it is a pain as far as my minimins diary goes lol.

I couldn't get to WI this week as I am the Secretary of the Gillingham Branch of ASLEF (train drivers' union) and Tuesday was our AGM. We had a big buffet and free drinks!! But I had organised it, so knew it was coming, and planned my syns around it for the few days before and after it. I enjoyed the buffet, and also got my craving for pork pie dealt with so good to kill two birds with one stone there. Rather than drink, I stuck to the diet cokes. More pork pie that way :)

I haven't been paying too much attention to it, but I reckon if I had WI tonight I would show a loss of some kind - maybe only a pound but a loss is a loss, and I would be chuffed to lose anything after the couple of nights out I've had this week.

I shouldn't be able to get to WI next week either, but I wasn't too happy about missing two consecutively, so I have taken annual leave from work so I can now go :)

Other than a works drinky on 18th, I don't have any plans now until Christmas Eve so hopefully I can knock a few more pounds off before then.

I am still toying with the idea of sticking to plan Christmas Day, but may well change heart before then lol. May stick to plan for meals but enjoy my snacks off plan!

I'm not aiming on a blow out, or going mad by any means, but if I should put on a pound or two over Christmas I won't mind at all - with SW it won't take long to drop it back off again :)

I've been given an early Birthday present today - to pairs of weight belts (wrist and ankle) from my dad, which I am going to be wearing when I do my Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach Cardio Workout, for extra effect.

I have asked my family for swimming pool vouchers for birthday and christmas (if they were gonna get me anything). My local pool does a 4 month pass which costs £100, and allows a free swim 24/7. I'm gonna put any vouchers I get toward one which begins on January 1st so I can swim whether I have money or not!

So sorry I haven't been on my diary much, I have been reading all yours still, and post when I have time, and on the other threads too.

Hoping things calm down a little in the New Year with a new job and should have a bit more time to myself from then.

And that is when you're all gonna get bored of my wittering on all the time hahaha.

Hope you're all coping with the festive temptations, following your chosen path, and I guess more importantly, enjoying it ♥

so nice to see u back on the board and still very good vibes coming from u
aint sure what to do about xmas myself i think it would be easy to stick to plan that day just like anyother day but then there is a lot more treats that go around then grrr
am trying to make a lot of the things i would buy like pigs in blankets and mince tarts they can all be made and frozen its the cheese board and the pudding things well the pudding things i could work on but will just take it as it comes

Going well there Dave.
We have visitors tomorrow,my 1st christmas entertaining,but i'm afraid they are getting a sw freindly lunch,tho i have bought mince pies for after and low fat cream ( they wont know once its in the serving jug !!)

Fingers crossed for a loss for you this week,not that i think you need it.

evethewitch, I feel the same as you for Christmas exactly. A big part of me wants to stick to plan as it is the day with the highest risk factor. Part of me wants some kind of hybrid plan where I can stick to the plan for maybe the meals, but still enjoy my 'SYN FREE' Quality Street and Matchmakers and After Eights and nuts lol. And part of me says just enjoy the day, it's Christmas!! We will have my mother in law over, my brother, and my dad and step mum. Mind you, all of us are now on SW so maybe I should set a SW standard as I am host. You know what, I think that's what I will do - with the meals anyway. Thanks for your help :)

mommyb, I bet they will not only love your SW lunch, but also have no idea that it is. The people we have entertained since joining SW have probably like the SW meals more than the ones beforehand lol. I hope you have a great day. Which mince pies did you go for? I definitely wanna get some, but they are an achilles heel for both my wife and I, so I want the lowest syn ones possible. And hopefully they will taste disgusting and I won't want more than one lol.

I ended up not going on the Wii fit last night, which is a shame as I really wanted to try out my new ankle and wrist weights.

Unfortunately though Mario was having some problems with a nasty big crocodile king and I had to help him save Princess Peach. By the way, watch out - Super Mario Bros Wii is UBER-addictive hahaha

I'll Wii fit this evening instead. I want this rain and cold weather to go away so I can cycle again. I know I could go out in this weather but it is so hard to gee myself up for it. In the summer conditions it is a pleasure not a chore, and I wanna keep it that way.

I've still been playing badminton, not sure if I posted since my last game actually but I actually took a game off our depot champion. I've never been close before!! I was so chuffed haha. Every game went close but one of them I took it :) I love badminton, but sadly my back hurts for days afterward so I can't play as often as I would like as I don't wanna push my luck too far and be laid up with a bad back again.

Marie and her other half are on their way down here, and I am looking forward to them coming over for lunch, and a SW chinwag. He will of course be bored out of his wits, but I shall introduce him to Mario and he'll be ok lol.

Last day of the weekend, hope you're all making the most of it :D:D

Hi,

I have just read through almost your entire diary from start to finish. I have been on the board since October, so don't know why I haven't read it before.

But just wanted to say you are doing an absolutely fab job; have given me some great ideas for recipes; and I am defaintely thinking about getting a Wii, just don't know whether the Wii Fit or Mario would win the battle for my attention!

Keep up the great work, and I will also be checking back here regularly too now.

Jacqui

Hi
I've just found your diary and I wanted to drop by and say how hi and how much I've enjoyed reading it and say congratulations on your weight loss.
Jayne

Hi Dave - was good to see you today, not much chance for sw chat but I'm sure I managed to bore the pants off Al instead lol.

Thought I'd post because you mentioned mince pies. Why don't you have a go at making those on the sw site (it's their featured recipe). 3.5 syns per pie though I always find if there's a big batch of cakes it's hard to resist having just the one!

I'm so glad you loved the quiche I made today haha...didn't think you'd like it. I'll make one with quark next time, it has more of a creamier texture and you had probably already convinced yourself it was going to taste too much of cottage cheese - which I don't think it does. But for a superfree addition to a salad it's quick and easy to make.

I enjoyed our walk around Canterbury and it was rather amusing to see just how many food stalls were jumping out at us trying to tempt us but we resisted. It's often the smell of something that entices us in the first place :devilangel:

Good luck with your weigh-in this week. You have slimmed down so much the transformation is amazing. I don't think you'd have achieved such a radical body change just through dieting alone, so all that exercise has definitely paid off.

Jacqui (Disneymumma), welcome to my diary, so glad you joined us :) As for the Wii fit/Mario dilemma, all I can suggest is you buy both, quit your job, and spend 12 hours a day on each haha. Best of luck with your weight loss

Jayne, welcome also to you, I do so love getting visitors lol. Thanks for your kind comments :)

Rie, it's been so long since I got on here and posted it was ages ago you were round my house haha. I may just hunt down the SW mince pie recipe and give it a whirl, I know Alison is also a mince pie lover so would suit us both. Although as you have already pointed out could we just have the one? I doubt it! I agree with you about the food stalls at Canterbury, I mean I have been there hundreds of times but never noticed so many different ways of spending money and ingesting thousands of syns in one foul swoop!! More food outlets than people haha

Hi all!!! Sorry I've been away so long again, I've been so busy. And when I haven't been busy I've just been tired (been on earlies this week had to get up at silly o'clock a couple of days and as usual it knocked the stuffing out of me).

Which leaves me wondering where should I start?

OK, this is Minimins, let's talk SW! I am still of course loving Slimming World, still focused, still planning everything and writing everything down. I went to WI Tuesday night (took annual leave from work just so that I could - how's that for commitment lol). I hadn't been the previous week so it is two week's worth of loss, but I lost 4.5lbs and I was over the moon about it. During that fortnight I had 3 nights out where it could have really affected things so I was very very pleased with that loss.

I am going away for the weekend to Somerset. I'll be having brekky tomorrow on plan, and taking a bit of fruit, maybe some boiled eggs, Mug shot, etc, but pretty much coming off plan for the weekend. That is to say I won't be measuring milk allowances, or ensuring I get my HEx's, but I will be eating healthily and sensibly, and I will make the healthiest choices at any time. Lunch tomorrow will be in Bristol, then we are watching a panto (Oh yes we are!), then dinner somewhere in Bristol. Staying overnight in a Travel Inn, brekky there (gonna have Weetabix, gonna have Weetabix, gonna have Weetabix lol), off to Nailsea which is the reason for my visit - my mum is buried there; I lost her to cancer in 1999, she was only 46. So unfair. Anyway, I digress, lunch will be in Nailsea, then the 4 hour+ train ride back home. Dinner probably a salad and back on plan Monday morning. Can't see any damage being done to my efforts but what will be will be.

I have continued to weigh myself every day at home, and I don't care what anyone says, I love it, and I really think it helps me lol. This morning I was the lowest weight I have been since I ever started weighing myself to lose weight - 'only' 20st 4lbs :) Long way to go of course, but that was one of my big targets so I am very happy to blast through it. OK, so it was more of a saunter through it, but blast is much more dramatic ;)

Feeling quite emotional tonight, just finished my last ever duty as a Gillingham based train driver. I won't go over many of my old routes ever again, nor will I drive many of the types of trains I am used to. On Monday, next time I go to work, I will be based at Faversham, and be a High Speed train driver instead. It is a very exciting time for me for sure, but I am sad to say goodbye to the people I have been working with and even to the work I have been doing for the last nearly ten years.

On a brighter note though, my new depot is less than ten minutes from my house walking, so I won't be wasting any tme travelling to and from work like I have been freeing up more time to get on the Wii fit (or play Mario!).

I'm off now, will be home Sunday evening, and I'll pop back in and update my diary soon :)

:wave_cry: Since you are going away........ :wave_cry:

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to wish you a.............

:bday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! :bday:

Hope you have a nice time whilst you are away.....(Oh no she doesn't!!........Oh yes she does!!........).........and have great fun at the panto !!!

Have a great weekend Dave and congrats on the SW loss AND that new number at home.

It won't be long before you step on the scales at home and get 19 something how cool will that be?

You have done so amazingly well over this silly season of food everywhere ! You have been an inspiration to me.

I am finding that the feeling of contentment I have after facing a challenge with a plan and overcoming the challenge is far better than stuffing the food in enjoying the moment and feeling miserable the next day.

I think because I can eat so much food i love on SW I don't feel hungry or deprived it takes away a lot of the cravings ((now if only choc could become a free food life would be perfect)

Good luck with the new job,

Teresa

Lonestitcher, Teresa & Slinky, thanks I had a brilliant birthday :)

I also ate very unhealthily!

Brekky Saturday started with the best intentions, Weetabix/semi skimmed/Splenda. And I took a banana, Hi Fi bar, couple of mini Babybels with me too.

And then it started going 'wrong' ...

On arrival in Bristol, it was lunchtime. We had about 90 mins-2 hours before the panto started (oh yes we did!). Went into a local cafe. I ordered jacket potato, no butter or spread, beans, and a diet coke. Perfection eh?

About half hour later, the waitress informed us that the cafe had to close due to lack of staff, and we didn't get anything!!

Time was now running very low as we had to get TO the theatre, and INTO the theatre before the show started. Ended up with a grab & run lunch from Tesco Express. Didn't do great, but could have done worse. I grabbed some chicken pieces (100% chicken breast), Cathedral City strip thing (about 2 bites of cheese) and a bag of sliced apples. The others had Subway. Still going ok at this point.

During the break of the show I picked up a tub of toffee popcorn for the boys, and managed to avoid any of it myself and the ice creams too!

After the show, is when it really started to go wrong ...

It was getting very late, by the time we were all ready for dinner it was getting on for half seven, and we were HUNGRY!!

Went to the Beefeater attached to the Premier Lodge we were staying in ... "Do we have reservations?"

Well of course not, that would involve planning and forethought ... give us a table lol. No chance :(

Had to wander around the city, and EVERYWHERE was heaving, too busy, packed, no room at the inn. Yes, very Christmassy!

So in the end, we went into KFC.

And OMG it was SOOOOO delicious lol.

It has been ages since I had a KFC, and it tasted just as good as I remembered. Just what is in that secret recipe??

I had a long think about the best option for me with regard SW, then decided I would just have whatever I fancied. It wasn't like I hadn't tried hard to be good up til then, and it was only one meal!

I had a box meal (forget the name) it had a chicken burger, piece of chicken, beans, chips in. And I had a diet coke. To make me feel better lol. Then in what to me was a genuine moment of weakness, I had more - was getting desserts for the kids and before I knew it I had ordered a chicken/cheese wrap thing from the 99p menu!! Serves me right that it tasted so bad lol.

Other than the wrap, honestly didn't feel bad about the dinner. It was what it was. And it was DELISH!!

So back to the hotel we go, and I check with reception what the score is for brekky - should we book now? No need, brekky will be quiet. OK, and the prices? £7 something for the works, unlimited topups (hope you can see where this might be leading!). I pointed out I only wanted Weetabix and milk, how much? Same price!!!

So I politely told them where to stick their brekky :)

That night though, I find out my aunt (who paid for the room bless her soul) had ALREADY paid for brekky within the cost of the room.

OMG!!

I couldn't possibly let Premier Lodge/Inn whatever they are called charge her over £7 and me only have Weetabix could I?

And for my aunt, I couldn't possibly sit in front of her and eat just Weetabix knowing she has paid for so much more could I?

No, is the answer :)

I had a plate with 2 sausages (looked very unhealthy), 2 bacon (fat on), scrambled eggs and fried eggs (no sign of frylight!), 4 (yes, FOUR) slices of toast on WHITE bread (and no, not Nimble either), each with butter and jam. And a croissant.

And some orange juice.

And although not in the same league as the KFC, it too was very tasty, and I had no regrets haha. I'm starting to wonder if I should ever be allowed out of the house ;)

Lunch was no better either, we were in a pizza/italian place. Eat all you can for £5.99. No, not my choice lol.

Wasn't too bad in there I guess, had one slice of pizza, some potato salad and some sweetcorn. But it went wrong when the birthday cake came out!! Well, it would have been rude wouldn't it ...

So, I'm thinking - ok, bad few meals but we'll get home and have a salad for dinner to end on the right note...

Well ... I have a confession ...

We got a little held up, and wouldn't be getting home until very late - about half eight ish. Couldn't possibly make the boys wait til that late for dinner, and nor did we want to.

And the other problem. We were now in St Pancras station. And the ONLY food place open was M&S!

You might wanna close your eyes and skip this bit ;)

I ended up having couple of pork pies, chicken sandwich, small cheese snack thing. And a Pepsi Max, again to undo the bad foods lol.

To sum up ...

I had an absolutely brilliant weekend, a fantastic birthday, and have no regrets whatsoever about anything at all :)

It was a blowout yes, but one I have allowed myself without any recrimination, and I am gonna enjoy it for what it was, put it behind me and get back on SW 100% from tomorrow.

I have two days on SW food plan and one Wii fit tomorrow night to assist my WI result Tuesday night. I don't deserve a loss of course, nor even a STS really, but I would be very happy for one of those! But whatever I put on will come off again soon enough. If not before Christmas (few more things in my diary!!) then in the New Year.

SW is very important to me, it has helped me change and improve myself so much, but sometimes it just gets in the way eh? ;) haha

Hope you're all well, had a great weekend, and are better prepared for Christmas than I am - must get some cards written and pressies wrapped soon ♥

That was a great read and obviously a great weekend, if somewhat synful :p. Glad to hear you had a good weekend and no-one can say you didn't try, I think destiny/fate wanted you to have a bit of a birthday blowout hence all the obstacles in your way. Have some good vibes :vibes: for a sts or loss this week! stranger things have happened!

Thanks Ozzie, I reckon even a STS is a lot to ask though lol

Had a sneaky home weigh in this morning and I reckon I am about 2.5lb heavier than when I went away. Not bad all things considered haha.

I have today and tomorrow eating/drinking wise and a Wii fit session tonight between me and WI.

I'm not gonna change any of my eating plans though, I will stick exactly to what I decided on before I shopped, and do the same amount of exercises as usual on the Wii fit.

Yes a STS or even a loss would be great tomorrow, but ultimately tomorrow's result means very little - it is the overall, long-term results that count. This weekend will no doubt have dented my efforts but my mindset and focus remain the same.

Which is good, as I'm out for a drink on Friday ;)

Goood luck to all Monday weighers!!! ♥

Well what a fab birthday !! :) I think your attitude as usual is exceellent.

SW is for life .

You could easily decided you have messed up and now there is no point until after christmas but no you have drawn your line and you are being sensible.

Many other people would also try and starve which would back fire.

You may get a sts but if you get a gain you know why and it will be gone soon. Maybe before christmas or maybe after but it will be gone.

Well done again.

Please post promptly after your wi as all your fans will be sititng here waiting to know the news :)

GOOD LUCK

Teresa

Back