Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Dave,
Wanted to say your diary has made me laugh and inspired me for the last few hours :)
Your so honest and frank which is a breath of fresh air. You have done so fantastically well and I WILL be dusting off my Wi Fit and I've also asked my dear mum to buy me the new plus game for xmas :D
Your weekend sounded synful but most enjoyable and I'm sure your already in damage limitation mode on that Wi Fit.
Look forward to reading more of your entries ( please check my diary for any errors please :eek: )
Take care and good luck at weigh in this week

Claire

lol well done u looks like u had a fab weekend and are now back on plan and as u say its a change for life not just the short term
am going to try the sw mince tarts for class will let u know what i think of them made the little biscuits that are in the recipe thread turned out very nice
fingers cross for a sts or even better a loss for both :)

made the mince tarts for class they were nice must say i aint sure theyare worth 3 and a half syns tho and a sts for me this week gutted hope u did well :)

I'm very pleased to say that I didn't put any weight on at my weigh in this week :D

Some may say that is because I had the nightmare day from hell at work, getting home 3 and a half hours late and missing my weigh in! They would have a point lol

It's true, I didn't quite make it to my WI this week, which is a shame as I really did want to see what it was. I reckon I could have gotten a STS. But not to worry, the WI nights aren't actually as important as following the plan, which I have of course been doing :)

I plan on having minimum syns (minisyns new site maybe to rival Minimins? lol) today, tomorrow and Friday as I am out Friday night with my colleagues from my old depot for a Christmas drink. Very much looking forward to that!

I'll be back on plan 10-15 per day again from Saturday.

Still haven't decided what to do over Christmas, although I now find myself working Christmas Eve so I will stick to plan that day. Think I'll have a hybrid day Christmas Day where I try to have good meals, but then enjoy the snacks and expecially the bottle of Amarula Cream that has my name on outside of plan. Probably back on plan again Boxing Day although I don't yet know what we're doing. Either way, I'm not worried if I put anything on, as I know it will fly back off in the New Year.

Ozziemoz, I think you're right a blowout once in a while is perfectly fine. My problem in the past has been I was having a blowout AT LEAST once a day and not even realising it was a blowout lol

Teresa, sorry I can't give you my SW WI result but I can tell you that at home things are going ok and I think any damage I may have done in Bristol is now behind me. I am looking forward to next Tuesday WI though :)

Claire, welcome to my diary, glad you have enjoyed it thus far. I don't mean to spoil the story for you but it all ends happily lol. I hope you can get as much use and good results from your Wii as I have from mine. I have my fit board up on a 2-inch step which increases the difficulty slightly, and I also have weights which I wear round my ankles and wrists to make it that little bit harder. It doesn't matter what you do on it, so long as you use it - it's all good :) I will pop in and check out your diary after work. Hope things are going well for you

evethewitch, sorry to hear you had a sts, I guess you weren't expecting it. Any reason you think could have caused it? Had you had an excellent loss the previous week? Sometimes our bodies just can't lose weight as much as we want them to, despite our efforts. Just think if you hadn't been following the plan you would have gained that week, so don't let it bother you. Just stick to plan and you'll get back to your losng weighs (hehe, do you see what I did there?) soon :D

Pleased you had a good weekend.I think it sometimes does you good I also had a blowout on Sunday 100+ syns I put 0.5lb on which I def deserved, but I have found sticking to the plan this week much easier

My name is Dave and it's been 3 days since my last confession ...

OK, so this can't count as a confession really, as I not only planned it but also loved it and don't regret it haha. But I will say some hail Mary's to the WI Gods anyway, you never know :)

Since my weekend away in Bristol, I've had four days back on plan 100% but sticking to low (5-7 ish syns each day) syns as I knew I was out Friday night for my works drinky.

Had a great night Friday, got hammered of course (was off plan but still chose vodka/diet coke over lager as it is better), had a mince pie, and also had the MOST delicious meat and chips with garlic mayo on way home!! Yum :)

Back on plan again of course Saturday, and will remain so until Christmas Day when I still haven't decided what plan to take! Although as it includes a bottle of Amarula Cream it isn't going to be strictly SW no matter what lol

'Tis the season ... ;)

When in Rome ... ;)

Add your own phrases here if they help hehe

I have my next WI Tuesday evening, and it is class party bring nibbles night. No idea what to bring lol.

Despite all my shenanigans I expect to show a loss Tuesday. Touch wood! Not much, a pound or two, but it's all good. And to be honest, a STS or even a small increase wouldn't be the end of the world, it was always gonna slow down/stop/perhaps slightly reverse over Christmas and it's not been a problem for me at all. Over 11 months of the year I can follow SW pretty much to the letter, no harm will be done enjoying Crimble and the associated festivities :)

Hope you're all going well, keeping positive - it is so hard this time of year to stick to plan, but don't let it grind you down or start to get negative about the plan. SW is the best thing since sliced Nimble :)

Stick with it Dave;

Back at the beginning of March this year I was 18st 1lb.

I didn't particularly want to diet, but my wife who was 11st 6lb wanted to lose weight.

She joined slimming world, and I just followed the plan with her ( I never joined), but became supremely strict, not even allowing myself treats (syns) and I gave up the alcohol completely during my weight loss period.

Between the beginning of March and the end of October I lost over 6 st and am now 11st 4lb. I've gone from a 38" to a 30" waist. I'm no longer dieting to lose weight, just watching what I eat to maintain weight.

Keep positive, you will do it. I now have a treat every day, but stay sensible!

hi Dave, good to see you're still very motivated and sticking to plan much of the time. It's good to know that we can have a few extra treats at xmas time and lose it again as soon as we're back on plan.

Enjoy your SW party. Hope you and your family have a great xmas and maybe i'll see less of you at some time in the new year:)

:eatdrink023:If you want ideas for your taster night...........

At our taster night last week, other people bought...

WW yoghurts
Grapes
Mixed seafood snack pack
Crab sticks
Hummus Dip
Bread sticks
Sticks of carrot and cucumber
Veggie samosas
Jelly beans
SW Cheesecake (they got this from either the SW website, or out of the mag. Was quite high in syns either way)
Cottage cheese
Homemade fruit salad

I took....

Carrot and chilli soup (syn free)
Cubes of sausagemeat (syn free on red + hex b - someone in group the week before was complaining about a syn free stuffing)
Ryvita minis (hex b's) with a smooth cheese spread (hex a) topped with either smoked salmon or cooked smoked bacon. (free on red)

Whatever you choose to take - Have a great night!!!!!

Hi all, sorry to be so brief but I feel shattered and am on the way to bed!!

Had my WI tonight, showed a loss of 5lbs (over two weeks as I couldn't make the previous week's WI due to being delayed at work). I was well happy :) During the two weeks I had my weekend away in Bristol and also my work's Christmas drinky, so to still lose 5lb is astounding.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I ended up taking some luscious red strawberries into our class this evening. Just haven't had the time to do anything last few days - where has it all gone?!?!

I won the 12-week Christmas countdown, which is great as I didn't even know it was there to win lol. I had set the joint top target of 28lbs for the 12 weeks running up to Christmas, but ended up almost doubling it! Only one other lady (who joined the same day as me!) managed to reach her goal, and our prize was to share a 6-week countdown, which means I now get 3 weeks gratis. And I love gratis!

I also paid up my £45.00 to get my own 12-week countdown (while at reduced rate still) so I don't have to find WI money for the next 15 times I can go WOOHOOO!!!

Mind you, I like to buy HiFi bars and the magazine so it's still gonna cost me lol.

I tried Quorn savoury eggs tonight, very nice indeed, and far too many cakes lol. Why do people bring this in? Apparently one of them was baked from a recipe in the new magazine (which I now have, YAY!) and I shall be either attempting to bake them myself, or cajoling the wife into doing so!

Anyway, sorry to be such a bore, but bed is most definitely calling for me.

Goodnight all ... only two more sleeps til Crimble ♥

Thanks Teresa.

It seems my Christmas celebrations have already started, as I had dinner off plan last night. We were out delivering pressies and cards in the afternoon, then straight out to a drink with some friends, so we decided to have a meat and chips from the kebab for dinner. To be honest, it didn't taste that great (certainly not a patch on the one I'd had the night of my works Christmas drink - maybe it's true you have to be stone drunk to make the most of a kebab?). I also had one pint of lager while I was out, which even at ten syns was actually still on plan as I hadn't had any that day. Just the dinner off then, not so bad ;)

I'm on plan 100% today due to the fact I am working this afternoon, from one ish to after half ten tonight. Then I will get home, finish wrapping the last couple of bits, get all the pressies under the tree, then go to bed.

I am onto plan H for Christmas and Boxing Day. Which is off plan entirely. I had considered following completely, and also various versions of hybrid on and off plan schemes, but at the end of the day it is Christmas!! Don't wanna be thinking too hard about things all day, so I am coming off SW entirely. Brekky is a fry up at 11 o'clock, dinner the full Christmas works about 6 o'clock. Plenty of snacks and rubbish in between of course, and a bottle of Amarula Cream that has my name on!!

Boxing Day we are going over my dad's in the afternoon for dinner with the family. I am leaving SW at home :)

Right back on plan again from Sunday, and that gives me the best part of three days to start to undo any damage I have done over Crimble before my next WI. If I do WI a little heavier then that is probably well deserved, but will only take a week or two to drop again, then right back into top gear as 2010 is the year I am going to reach goal weight :)

To everyone who has read and commented on my diary so far this year, thank you so much, it all helps me on my way, and if you have been inspired by mine or others' comments then don't forget to pop in again sometime for a catch up.

Have a fantastic Christmas, don't let yourself worry too much about your weight, enjoy these few days for what they are, accept you will probably put on a few lbs, and just get back into gear afterward.

All the best, thanks for all your support ♥

Hi There Dave,sorru not been around for a few days,but boy are you doing great !! loosing anything at this time of year is really good but 5lbs in 2 weeks is phenominal !! You show us all it can be done.

Dont work too hard it is christmas eve and i wish you and your family a wonderfull christmas and new year !!

Haven't stopped eating all day, and to be honest I haven't even enjoyed as much as I have been enjoying my SW green days.

Not sure I could eat so much for another day.

But I'll give it a go ... ;)

Hope you're all having a great Christmas, I'll be back after tomorrow ready to pick up where I left off before today ♥

This is Day Two of Operation DietKill.

Weighed in this morning just to see how bad things were ... 5.5lbs on!!

Gonna see if I can beat that today haha

Then 3 days back on plan to relieve some of it before weigh in :)

Merry Christmas ♥

Decided to join you for your day two of Diet?.....What Diet??!!? :confused::confused: :D

Yesterday I had planned on being quite good, but was better than expected.....only 11 1/2 (ish) for the whole day!!!! :superwoman:

That only came about because I've got a terrible cold :bundledup: :sign0137: :bundledup: and couldn't taste anything in the evening.....(11 1/2 was 5 on gravy, 1 1/2 on orange and mandarin mousse, and the ish was 5 on a glass-approx 1/3rd bottle-of alcohol free pear cider.)........with no sense of taste, I didn't want to waste the chocolate!!! :D

Today I am feeling much better, and am due at the in-laws for Christmas Day Mark 2. So I am thinking that today's syns will be worse.......much, much worse.......:giveup::D:D:D:D:D:D

Hope you had a great day yesterday and that Santa brought you all that you wished for (but only if you have been a very good boy!!).

Have another great day today.

Merry Christmas and seasons greetings to you and your family.

:xmassign::xmascheers::48::47: :xmassign:

Back