Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Just a flying visit for now, I will catch up properly tomorrow ...

I lost 4lb tonight, and picked up SOTW for the 2nd consecutive week as well. Very very pleased, think I have been rewarded for my good behaviour at Pizza Hut :)

Another quickie as I'm off to work but too excited to hold it in ... I passed the 6 stone mark this morning!! :D:D (That is of course since I started my weight loss in January 2009 rather than since joining SW)

And even my diary is in on the milestones too, over 600 posts on it now :D:D

I just wanted to thank you all for always brightening up my day, for the recipes and ideas, for the encouragement and support.

Where would we be without Minimins? ♥ ♥ ♥

4lbs! That's fab Dave! You are doing so well, it shows if you stick to plan it works, plus you do the exercise bit too so even better.

Hope the week ahead goes well and that this snow doesn't cause too much chaos, it's chucking it down here at the mo, and settling fast.

Woo hoo!!!! Well done Dave, what a fab loss ~ you do deserve it Dave, I don't think I would have been as strict if I had had a weekend like yours!! Keep up the good work! xx

Thank you all for your comments, I am still buzzing about hitting the six stone mark, and I reckon I have about 4-5 more stone to go so I am over the halfway point!

I forgot to add yesterday, but my wedding ring also fits now. It's only ever fitted on one day before, luckily that was my wedding day lol. I slimmed down for my wedding day, got to 18 stone (my fingers must be slimmer this time round as I'm still almost 19 stone) then from day onward all my weight did was go up and it never fitted again.

I was at a meeting all day yesterday, and there was a big pack of scrummy biscuits on the table, but I managed to keep passing them on to the next person. I don't want to undo anything!

There'll be plenty of time for biscuits later on. I'll make sure of it lol.

I have been locked out of Facebook for over 16 hours now. The message I get says my account is having maintenance done on it. Sooooo frustrating!!

I have started to list some things on eBay from around the house that I've been meaning to get rid of for ages, and some of my clothes will be joining the them. I had originally planned to give them to a charity shop, but charity begins at home sometimes and I will be needing to buy new clothes as time marches on and the weight falls off. But to make up for it I will be buying my clothes FROM the charity shops until I get to goal weight. So I'm not THAT uncharitable lol.

ttfn ♥

Just wanted to say you are doing great - a true inspiration! Your starting weight is exactly the same as mine was! I was looking through an old SW book from 2006 when I did the diet for a few weeks back then - and my Club 10 weight this time is more than what my starting weight was back then - I had put over 4 stone on in 4 years without really noticing!
Whilst I have tried diets in the past like you - my heart has never really been in it! However this time it feels totally different and I am loving every minute of it - feels like it is about a lot more than weight loss to me this time!
What is your target weight? Is it within your reccommended BMI range? At present I am aiming for 18 stone - whilst that is still 2.5 stone over my ideal BMI - I am quite a big built guy and think if I went down to 15.5 stone I would look to thin. Do not think I have been under 18 stone since I was about 16, so I will judge it when I get there!

Hi H*Bomb, welcome to my diary. Watch out ladies ... another man ;)

When picking my target weight I looked at the BMI charts, and picked the heaviest weight for my height still within the 'healthy' band. But I only did that at all so that I could put a figure into Minimins and also onto my ticker lol. I don't realyl have a goal weight in mind, more a goal feeling.

If I get to whatever weight I put into my ticker and I still feel too big I will keep going. Likewise, if I get to a size and shape I feel happy with prior to reaching the 'goal' weight then I will stay where I am.

I was 18 stone exactly on my wedding day, and I remember feeling very fat so I will certainly be going lower than that but where it will settle I really don't know.

I know that despite spending the majority of my adult life on diets, this is the first time I have ever lost as much as six stone, and this is the first time I have known for sure that I have the power to control my weight. I will reach my goal weight later this year, whatever weight that may be :)

Best of luck with your journey, good to have another guy on here. It's too pink on Minimins lol

Agree we need more men - I have only come across a few on here!

I picked 18 stone as it is a weight that I have no been at for so so long. However, that may end up being my interim target - and will judge if I need to drop further when I get there.
Whilst ideally I would want to achieve the correct weight for my height BMI wise, I do not really want to look thin! I am 6'6" so want to look in proportion - so at present I do not know what that is. Like you said, you will know when it feels right!
People at work never believe me when I say I was up to 24 stone - not sure if they are being nice or really don't believe it! Guess they forget I am technically 3 times the size of most of them, and generally about a foot and a half taller!

Are you doing this alone, or is your partner also doing SW? And even if she is not doing it to lose weight, does she stick to the plans with you?

My wife is following the plan too, we generally eat the same meals and she does the most amazing job preparing them all. Turns out she is a great cook, didn't see that coming when I married her lolol. She doesn't come to class and WI with me as it would be tricky with two kids and very expensive too. She gets access to the new books and the website through me so it works perfectly. I couldn't do it without her that's for sure :)

Hiya Dave, thought I'd drop in and say hi as I haven't been on here for ages. You could turn your diary into a novel now it's so huge lol.

You have such a huge commitment to this plan and it's been a motivation for me to have you and Alison to do it with. I'm glad we don't go to the same group meetings though as I'd never get that slimmer of the week award ;-)

You really do need to post some pictures of yourself on here though so that everyone can see the difference because the transformation is amazing.

Looking forward to seeing you end up in the Slimming World magazine in the near future too!

Off to update my own diary now, my goodness I've been neglecting it!

Here is the cowboy pie recipe I promised

1 onion, chopped
low fat cooking spray
200ml vegetable stock
350g pack quorn mince (Can be frozen un defrosted)
1 tblsp worctershire sauce
1tblsp of tomato puree (synned but negligible per portion)
1 can baked beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
salt & freshly ground black pepper
750g (1lb 10 oz) potatoes, peeled & cut into 5mm slices

- Added Extras
Butter beans
- Added extras
Red pepper or Mushrooms

- Cook the onion in spray light (or 1 tsp oil) for 5 mins until softened, adding a splash of veg stock if needed to prevent it from sticking (If using add Red Pepper or mushrooms to soften as well)

- Stir in the quorn mince, all beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce and remaining stock, season and simmer for 5/10 mins, then pour into a baking dish

- You can but I don’t par boil potatoes – find it works just as well without.
Place sliced potatoes on top of the mince mixture. Lightly mist with lf cooking spray and bake in the oven 200C for 25 mins until the topping is golden and crisp (I find it sometimes takes longer than this to get it crisp, but you'll know when it's ready).

****************** i find kids LOVe this recipe but it is tasty or the grown ups as well and free on green or extra easy

Wow matey I have read your thread and I just wanted to say you are doing absolutely amazing and you are a great inspiration:) to those who are struggling... I know you will hit your goal . Ty for sharing xx

That cowboy pie sounds great! Think I will be trying that this week!

Hi Marie, welcome back to Minimins, hope you decide to stay :) The problem with photos is that when I was 24st 13lb I didn't exactly go out of my way to have any taken, so photos of me at my heaviest are rarer than rocking horse poop! I have found the most unflattering one though, and I need to get a new one done showing how fab I look now lol. May need some airbrushing too ;) But for the record I'm not the only one who needs to get some pics up, you are probably less than half the size you were when you started, couldn't believe it when I saw you the other day, really really noticeable. I am gonna get the man of the year award THEN go in the mag haha. Sadly though that isn't likely as I think you have to lose a lot more than ten stone to even have a chance at that. I'll pay a visit to your diary later :)

Bayside, we had the Quorn hotpot the other day, and it was delicious, thanks for the recipe :)

Teresa, thanks for the cowboy pie recipe, we will be trying it soon!

Tissy, welcome to my diary and thanks for your comments. Best of luck for your weight loss journey :)

I went swimming yesterday and felt both my arms 'pulling' oddly, so I cut my visit short. Didn't wanna risk any unnecessary injury. No idea what it was, don't seem to have any problem today. Mind you, I didn't have any problems yesterday before I got in the pool lol. I am planning on swimming this afternoon after lunch so touch wood it will be ok.

WI tomorrow, it astounds me just how quick it comes around each week!

Hope you're all having a good time, and enjoying your journey to slimville ♥

Glad you enjoyed the Hotpot Dave, we like it soo much we had it as our Valentine's meal :) washed down with half a bottle of wine, lovely!

Think I'll try the cowboy pie tonight , thanks derbynanny.

Hope the swimming gets easier. Good idea not to overdo it if it's hurting.

Hopefully I'll be staying around for a bit this time. Thanks for the comments - it really is nice when people notice you've lost weight :)

How are your arms now after the swimming?

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow - are you able to go? Or working?

Back