Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hi Dave - remember me? I can't stop smiling at your fantastic loss, you really, really have done astonishingly well and you should be SO proud of yourself, and I totally agree with the thought that you should be in the magazine! As for me, well life hasn't been that great, as I've put in my resurrected diary, but I'm getting there and the main thing is despite the stress I've managed to be semi-focused enough to still make reasonably good food choices, and so I'm still the same weight as I was back in November when I was last here.

Really, really am so happy at your success, well done x 1 million!

Hi all, sorry for the delay, but it adds to the dramaticism don't you agree? lol

Hark, is that a drum rolling ... ?

And the news is ...

supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious!!

I lost 4lb this week, which obviously I am very much over the moon about, I also picked up my 5 stone award, which is now sitting proudly on my signature haha.

How was the cowboy pie Bayside? We will be having it sometime this next week.

Marie, my arms were still strangely pulling. So hard to describe it actually. I can't even locate it using my fingers and squeezing for a tender area, but when I swim it just feels odd. I didn't let it stop me though, still been a couple of times this week. If it ever developed into real pain I would stop and seek medical attention. Well, maybe I could get out the pool and get dressed first, you know what I mean :)

Jo, well done for managing to more or less stick to plan during the harder times. I believe we all face the harder, weaker times, where we're more susceptible to ruining our efforts with a moment of madness, and I feel it is getting through these times that really makes the difference more than anything. Too many times in the past I would have just caved, eaten like a piggy, and usually come off whatever diet I was on straight after that, and pile back on all the weight I had already lost. It's happened so many times with me over the years. So well done, because I am sure the same would have happened to you, and yet here you are still doing brilliantly!! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for all your kind messages, I love coming on and having something to read other than my own posts!

We have our niece down tomorrow and Thursday, and we were planning on taking her to the Natural History Museum in London, but I have been tipped off that we will spend the day queuing to get in :( Instead we will be going to the pool tomorrow afternoon - no proper swimming for me this time - they have a massive inflatable slide thing which the kids will love.

Thursday afternoon I am playing badminton again, having played today against some new opponents. I'm sure that badminton and a cycle on my WI day makes all the difference you know. I may invent the "Eat and drink all you want for six days, but stick to healthy eating, play badminton and cycle a lot on WI day" plan, I can see it being a success lol.

Mind you, I'm still trying to work out how I can get a brown day to work!! I may change my name to Ferrero Rocher just so I can claim they're all mine Muahahaha ;)

We have a lovely chinese after I got back from WI tonight, as we did the indian a couple of weeks back - which clearly did me no harm, I guess mainly due to the planning we put in around it. Today was the same - syn free until dinnertime. I don't plan on making it a regular thing but it was good to get it out the system.

Can't beat an indian though haha

Bayside, hope your WI tomorrow goes well :)

Goodnight all ♥

Hi...just read your posts and thought i'd say hello. I'm totally new to SW and found the forum last Saturday whilst plucking up the courage to actually attend a meeting which I did this morning...bit scary but ok. There seems to be so much information to take in......going to bed tonight with my books.

I'm thinking that red or EE will be my choice. My husband is a meat eater and I like to cook from scratch most of the time. I love fruit and veg whilst bread and pasta are not something I eat a lot of normally.

I hope i'm understanding the plan....struggling between the difference between red and EE but it ust seems too good to be true...not like a diet but just a very welcome and much needed change of attitude to food and eating in general. I hit 50 last November and figure now is the time to make the change. Let's hope we're both successful and can achieve our respective goals...with a little fun along the way!!

Hi, I've been really enjoying your diary and am so impressed by your loss, it is utterly inspiring! Well done and keep up the good work!

:clap: Conratulations Dave! 5 stone in 5 months is just incredible:)You must be feeling so much healthier now. Keep up the good work, you really deserved that Chinese though;)

I did have the cowboy pie, it was very good, i would add more flavours though next time as i love spicy food but it was certainly worth trying and will have it again.

It's my WI tonight and i'm hoping for a loss so will report back in my diary later.

tomsamkev, i don't do red or extra easy, but basically the difference is if doing EE you just have one healthy A and B each day but can have as much potato, rice, pasta, meat with your meals as you would like ( whilst ensuring a third of your plate is veg), if you're doing red you can have 2 healthy A's and B's but have to syn any rice, potato, pasta. Hope that helps!

Hi Dave,not been to visit for a while,so glad to see you still in fine spirits and continuing with your fantastic loses !! Doing great mate

Congratulations you have done fantastic and you are over half way there you must feel great x

Hi all, thanks for all the lovely comments, I still can't believe how much weight I have lost since I joined SW, and how easy and satisfying I have found it to follow the plan too.

Which leads me nicely on ...

Since WI things have gone a little wrong!

I had a chinese after WI Tuesday night. It's not a favourite of mine but it is the wife, and seeing as I managed to have an indian a fortnight earlier and go on to have a great loss the following WI I didn't see a problem with doing the same with a chinese.

So I had plain noodles, half a portion of sweet & sour chicken strips in batter, a few spoons of egg fried rice, and a big pot of curry sauce. A zillion syns no doubt, but couldn't be more than my yummy indian had been a fortnight prior.

As you all know by now, I weigh daily, and the following morning I was 2lb heavier than I had been on the morning of my WI. No problem, the same happened after my indian.

But that day, I really struggled for some reason, lack of energy, no oomph at all, always feeling hungry, really wanting things with a kind of 'sod the plan' mentality! Never had that since I joined SW.

I survived on plan all day, until the evening. Then I had two of the kids cakes. They would have taken me over my syns, but not by much, but it is the fact I had them that bothered me. And that they tasted awful. Such a waste!!

As I should have expected yesterday I woke up a further ½lb over - now 2½lb more than I was morning of WI day.

So, yesterday, I stuck to plan. 100%. Kind of. I didn't exceed my syns, but I did eat when I probably wasn't hungry. I felt hungry, but I couldn't have really been hungry. Wasn't much more that I had (a banana, packet of savoury rice, both syn free), but I shouldn't have had them as I wasn't really hungry.

This morning I weighed again, and I am now 4lbs heavier than I was morning of WI!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried as such, just annoyed. Annoyed of course that I have put on so much in such a short amount of time, and that it means I'll be lucky to get a loss of any kind at WI this week, but more worried about my state of mind in the first place!

On the other hand, I have been off work the last 3 days, which I always find harder as I miss the structure that work provides to my day. And also I have had a lot of Pepsi Max, which despite being delicious does have a negative impact on me from time to time for some reason.

So ... I am back to work today ... I swam this morning ... I am back in the game.

And what have I learned?

Next time I decide I am going to have a treat night ... I will have indian again haha :D

Hi Dave,

First of all, fantastic loss this week, I'm well proud of you for getting your 5st award :)

It was interesting reading your latest update. I imagine you're angry and upset at yourself for upsetting the balance of your diet because I know you set yourself high standards and haven't struggled at all with the sw plan. But at the end of the day we're not perfect or none of us would struggle to lose weight. You've had all highs so far, this is just a slight blip and you still have half a week to correct the situation.

You'll be interested to know that I've also had a similar week. I told you that I was going out for a fish and chip lunch with my parents to celebrate my own 4st award. I was looking forward to it but I didn't enjoy it - I'd probably rather have had something healthier but found myself just having to have the fish and chips! The batter was too fatty, I left half the chips and felt quite glad that I had fish and chips out of my system. But I did feel sluggish and didn't like the feeling....except that I kind of got into the mood of 'I'm having a day off plan today' and ended up having 3 chocolate cookies throughout the rest of the day! Felt good at the time but I definitely felt bad about it in the morning. Had a good Wednesday on plan. Thursday was also fine until the evening when because it was late I ended up having the spag bol that I'd made for everyone else, and garlic bread..and another cookie! It's manic...almost like you think 'oh well I've blown it for today might as well cram everything in!' Of course I'm now a couple of pounds heavier than weigh in.

Back on plan big time today, with lots of wii fit and salad. Just hope I've got the choccy cookie craving out of the way for now!

Just don't be so hard on yourself, you know the plan works for you, you had a hiccup, once you're back on plan and not slipping in extras you'll find it easy again :D

Rie x

I agree with marie and BTW well done on yoru weight loss too marie.

This is the first time you have stumbled at all. Pick yourself up stop being cross and get back to the plan. Worst case scenario you gain a little. Hope by now your back on plan and back to being a SW star

Teresa

Hi Guys and Gals ...

Since my last post I have relocated my Mojo, and things are back to normal again - that is to say I have been 100% on plan, enjoying it, and not feeling like I want to splurge!

I'm still not sure if it was the chinese, Pepsi Max, being off work, something else, or a mix of some or all of the above that made me feel like I did. Maybe I was just due a bit of a struggle, I don't know.

If it happens again, or more likely WHEN it happens again I will try to draw some parallels and see if I can find a trigger.

If being off is a trigger then I will find out sooner rather than later as I have 9 days off work from 27th February!!

We've had my brother in law and his kids round this lunchtime, and the wife brought out all the things we had left over from our late-Christmas buffet. Glad to say I wasn't even tempted, despite how my smelling of it at close range may have looked lol.

I am tempted to go swimming this afternoon. I'm back on earlies at work from tomorrow, so no chance of a Wii Fit tonight, and it's very wet out so don't fancy a ride.

Hope you're all in touch with your Slimming World mojos, and good luck with your Weigh Ins this week ♥

gald your mojo has returned! Think you might get the 5 and a half before me, i had a lovely curry at the local restaurant yestaerday and it was lovely:)

Thanks Derbynanny - I think this is the longest I've ever managed to stick to healthy eating but a big part of that is down to having others to exchange views with so you don't feel that you're doing it on your own :)

Dave, good on you for avoiding the buffet goodies - and an excellent way of getting rid of your old Christmas stuff...throw it at the relatives to finish off, I like your style haha :D

9 days off is cool, let's hope the weather is fine enough for you to go cycling. Are you still doing the charity bike race in June/July?

Here is the cowboy pie recipe I promised

1 onion, chopped
low fat cooking spray
200ml vegetable stock
350g pack quorn mince (Can be frozen un defrosted)
1 tblsp worctershire sauce
1tblsp of tomato puree (synned but negligible per portion)
1 can baked beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
salt & freshly ground black pepper
750g (1lb 10 oz) potatoes, peeled & cut into 5mm slices

- Added Extras
Butter beans
- Added extras
Red pepper or Mushrooms

- Cook the onion in spray light (or 1 tsp oil) for 5 mins until softened, adding a splash of veg stock if needed to prevent it from sticking (If using add Red Pepper or mushrooms to soften as well)

- Stir in the quorn mince, all beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce and remaining stock, season and simmer for 5/10 mins, then pour into a baking dish

- You can but I don’t par boil potatoes – find it works just as well without.
Place sliced potatoes on top of the mince mixture. Lightly mist with lf cooking spray and bake in the oven 200C for 25 mins until the topping is golden and crisp (I find it sometimes takes longer than this to get it crisp, but you'll know when it's ready).

****************** i find kids LOVe this recipe but it is tasty or the grown ups as well and free on green or extra easy

Just want to say I tried the cowboy pie this evening and it was very very good! Rarely use Worcestershire sauce, so was a nice new flavour! Even wore my cowboy hat as I was cooking it :D
My OH was impressed too, albeit concerned with my consumption of further baked beans
fart.gif

Weigh in day is upon me again ...

Having started the week off so bad (in weight terms, if nothing else), having refound my mojo after a couple of dark days it looks as if I will register a loss tonight. Fingers crossed. I could cope with a STS, but would be disappointed with any gain.

Spent 3 hours playing badminton earlier, every little helps lol.

I'm taking a friend of mine from work too, hopefully he will take to SW like I have. And another colleague of mine is going tomorrow to her local class too.

I keep bumping into people who I haven't seen for ages, and they can't believe the difference. I am wearing a t-shirt that even when I initially bought it (2003, Coldplay concert) it was a tight fit. Yet it isn't so tight now. Despite being about half stone heavier, my body is leaner. Must be muscle mass.

I'm joining a gym tomorrow, big one in Gillingham (miles away, grr) called Roko. Friend had a dual membership and the 2nd part of it is totally unused by anyone, so I am nabbing it so free for me til end of April. Already looking forward to it :)

I'll be back later on, hopefully with some good news ... ♥

Back