Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

good luck with EE, it'll be interesting to hear how you get on with that as your plan and if your weight loss will change at all.I'm sticking to green most days as i don't eat meat. I do occasionally eat fish though so should know about the EE rules to allow for that. I tried the tuna bake from the latest mag yesterday and it was very good.

Well done on the % lost, i've lost 31.08% on SW but a little bit more if you count the extra half stone or so i lost before joining. Whoop, we are Biggest Losers too!!!!

Teresa, your dinner plans sound fab can I come over too? haha The Biggest Loser is on both Sky One and Sky Real Lives too, depending which season and version you are watching. We have caught bits of several versions but keep missing the starts Grrr lol

Bayside, you are definitely the biggest loser as I was counting both mine and the wife's weight loss from pre-joining SW :happy096:

I've just had my first lunch on EE: chicken tikka (free), savoury rice (free), boiled egg (free), sweetcorn (free), lettuce (superfree), cucumber (superfree), beetroot (superfree), pickled onions (superfree), 28g cheddar (HEa), 2tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn).

So far I have used both my HEa and Heb, and also 2 syns, and kept to the 1/3 rule.

This seems very easy! If I am missing something no matter how small it might be please someone set me straight :D

Ooooh I forgot to say ... BIG news ... I went shopping for new jeans and a few other things yesterday ... and I fit into a 38' waist!!

38!! Starts with a 3 lolololol

I was in 48/50 last year!!

I wonder what I will end up as?

My final meal of my EE day was Shepherd's Pie, and it was luscious!!

extra lean beef mince (free), peas (free), potatoes (free), oxo (free), mushrooms (sf), onion (sf), tomatoes (sf), carrots (sf), 30ml s/skimmed milk (1 syn).

Served with broccoli (sf), carrots (sf), cauliflower (sf), sweetcorn (free), gravy (1 syn).

Then for dessert we had a delicious trifle that Marie had prepared, whole thing was 13 syns, we had a quarter each so I counted 3½ syns for my portion.

When I get home I plan to have some grapes and a banana.

And that will be the end of my first EE day.

I am certain that I have followed the rules correctly, so if anyone does spot anything that I have done wrong or overlooked or maybe anything else you think I may need to consider in future I would be eternally grateful if you told me.

I have enjoyed EE today, and plan an entire week of it following our next weekly shop at Tesco.

Thanks in advance for all your help I ♥ you all x

ttfn :D

All looks good to me and sounds like you enjoyed it.

We had the most delicous dinner last night and the same today. 3 bird roast from aldi 1.5 syns on red or EE for 100 g i had 200 g both days and it was delicous! With lots of veg and potatoes.

Dave

Fantastic diary. You are an inspiration matey!

Congratulations on your massive weight loss. And long may it continue!

Cheers

I have been reading through your weight loss diary.. You are a truly inspirational fella. Well done and you deserve all the praise in the world ,I only wish that I had the willpower needed for my journey (4 1/2 stone)

Love SARAH X

Hello,

I have also read you diary from start to finish! (i'm in work and we are dead! nice way to kill 2 hours! hehe)

I have gone off track the last week, but have decided that as from my next wi, (wed) I shall be back on track, and its diaries like yours that gives me so much motivation!

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss! Please put some piccies up! Bet u look fab!

x

Pilot, Sarah and melissa87, welcome to my diary, congratulations on reaching the end I'm not sure I would have the patience to read it start to finish now lol. Thanks for your lovely comments and best wishes ♥

Sarah, you don't need the willpower to lose 4½ stone, only to lose the first pound, and then the second one, the third, and before you know it you will be at the weight you want. Little steps :)

Melissa, why wait until after your next WI to get back on track? You could start tomorrow, undo some of the damage you may have done while you were off plan, and 'hit the ground running' as it were for the following week(s). I always want to do as well as possible on my weekly weigh ins, but in the grand scheme of things they are just little mileposts on my longer journey. It is my target weight which is the important one. If you are the same, then getting back on plan tomorrow will put you one step closer to your target :)

I found this poem elsewhere here on Minimins and I think it is perfect for us all right after Easter (or Christmas):

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, And you feel like the biggest failure in town.

When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin.

So What! You went over your syns a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.

It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."

It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
if you summon the will to get back in the race.

But, often the strugglers, when losing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.

And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.

Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.

When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

Hi Dave,

I am a bit weird as such, have slight OCD, and in my head I have blown this week so have to right it off (silly I know) so i'm going to start from tomorrow after w.i as it is completely a new start :)

Just checked the scales and it says I have only put a lb on so not too much damage! I am going to be 100% from tomorrow as I am doing sw, not only as a lifestlye change but to lose weight for my graduation in July :) xx

Hiya Dave, good luck for tonight matey. I'm glad you enjoyed your day over here on Saturday, it was great having you all round, well done for taking the plunge and trying EE as I know you were anxious about it.

Maybe next time I'm over at your place you could do the cooking...preferably wearing just an apron, whilst Alison and I just admire the new toned you - haha :D

It still amazes me when I see you how much of a transformation there is! And to see that Alison is doing so well on EE too - she'll be hitting her target in the not too distant future.

I hope that you enjoy doing EE - I know you've already been checking out the recipes you can try out and I think it'll make a change for you to try something other than green.

Keep up the positivity, as I'm sure you really are helping others to lose weight x

Hi all, had a great weigh in tonight I lost 5½lb and picked up SOTW too. I suspected last week that my weigh in was too high for some reason and this doesn support that.

I guess my weekly evening weigh in varies a lot dependant on what time I have gotten up that morning, what shift I have done (with regard times I have had to eat/drink) and whether or not I have done exercise that day.

I have come to the conclusion that my daily weigh ins are actually far more reliable, and a far better guage of my actual weight loss. I always get up, go to the loo (sorry if tmi lol) then get on the scales - naked. Less variables.

Don't get me wrong I'm not considering stopping attending the meetings, but I wouldn't care if I didn't get weighed there anymore. I love the meetings for everything else and wouldn't miss them for the world :)

I'm looking forward to following a week of Extra Easy just to see how I get on, but I have to wait until we shop so that is beginning Thursday.

Hope you've all survived Easter, or at the very least really enjoyed it and have now put it behind you and are fully refocused. Easter has gone, which means Summer is coming!

ttfn ♥

Hi Dave, just had a quick read through some of your posts, i feel i'm in the same boat as you were in Sept, i joined my local SW last week and have first WI tonight, i have been weighing myself at home and think i will have a nice suprise tonight, but am not counting chickens yet!!,
i will read through fully tonight after work/dinner/WI

byeee

Shaun, welcome to SW, minimins and of course my diary :)

I am actually very envious of you, I would relish the opportunity to go back and start this all again, I have had such a good time, eaten soooooooo much, learned a lot about myself, and generally had such a brilliant positive journey. Of course, I'm not at destination yet but definitely headed in the right direction. For now it will seem like your final destination is out of sight but look at it in small chunks, every 1lb, every ½ stone, every stone, every time your clothes get looser, your belt tightens, everytime you find muscles you didn't even know existed. You are gonna have a great time, best of luck with everything :)

thanks Dave, lost 5.5lb in first week, cant believe it works! been chomping on meat all week lol, keep setting little goals now, looking to be under 19st in next 3 weeks

Nice one Shaun, that's a great start. Keep up the same amount of planning and focus and you should continue getting good results.

Following on from my practice Extra Easy day on Saturday, I have started on Extra Easy for real from today. I will give it at least a fortnight 100%, see how I feel with it and see how my weight changes, and decide from there whether to stick with it or not.

Today I had 2 Weetabix (HEb), 250ml s/skimmed milk (HEa), Splenda for breakfast.

Lunch was packed as I was working, and I took a tub of tuna (f)/pasta (f)/sweetcorn (f)/extra low fat mayo (1.5 syns)/mixed peppers (sf)/spring onion (sf), and also two plums (sf), an apple (sf) and a banana (sf).

Dinner was at Wetherspoons, I had the 5-bean chilli with yellow basmati rice and tortilla chips (4.5 syns) with two large onion bhajis (counted them as 8 syns the pair).

Then tea has been some raspberries (sf) and grapes (sf).

I was really torn as to what to have in Spoons. I really felt I should herald the end of my green day reign with something particularly meaty, but as it happens I have ended up pretty much with a green day menu anyway lol. Not to worry, I have made sure it obeys the EE rules.

Tomorrow brekky will be the same (although I am toying with swapping the milk for syn-free fat-free plain yoghurt to save a HEa). Lunch will be the same but I am swapping the tuna for some chicken tikka.

Dinner is going to be beef lasagne, served with salad. More of a red day feel to it lol.

I went out for a jog today, not sure how far it was but it was far enough for me lol. Gonna stick to that distance/route until I can complete it more comfortably, then I will extend it bit by bit.

Having said that I only have ten weeks til my 100km bike ride, so I had better get in the saddle training for that!!

I bought myself a bike recently and it's the best thing I've ever done! I feel great after going for a ride.

My job has all kinds of weird and wonderful shift patterns, so I sometimes find myself riding my bike and 3am before I head to the airport to begin my shift!

I also eat Weetabix & semi-skimmed milk for my breakfast. I sometimes throw some super speed fruits in there too for good measure!

Hiya Dave - just dropped by to see how it's going with Extra Easy this week. I know some of what you've had but want to know all about the lasagne :D

I still can't believe how much weight you've lost in such a short space of time! I tried keeping up with you but gave up! Then I decided that as long as I'm losing I'll still be doing ok and we'll both reach our targets in our own time :D

Have a great weekend, love to everyone xx

Well done again a great loss.

I find extra easy easier if I do not have my HE for breakfast.

So i frequently have baked beans with tomatoes sliced in them (or grilled tomatoes if i am not feeling lazy) and two poached eggs on top

Or a giant bowl of fruit with 2 yogurts.

Or kippers and tomatoes stinky but filling.

Will be eagerly awaiting your weigh in this week to see how it works on the scales.

Teresa

Back