Dawn's Cambridge Journey to Slimdom

tizzy51 said:
Way to go girl!!! That is a lot of weight lost! Congratulations!!!

I told a friend of mine last week or so that I had lost 10lbs - she went and got out 10lbs worth of potatos.... was a lot of potatos! Just makes you appreciate all the more what is coming off our bodies. Woo hoo!

Enjoy your day - you are probably all smiles. :D

I think when I go to Tesco I'll be checking out the bags of spuds to see if I can feel the amount of weight I've lost in total. Hopefully it'll be a shock :) thanks for the tip xx

Hi Dawn
just catching up on your diary
well done on this weeks loss, great result
i`m with you on the emotions, one day up next day down.
I`m proud of you for not giving in and fighting the emotions
well done mate you are doing great :D

kaz:)

Thanks Kaz, Happy Mothers Day to you :) well I'm still 100% but thinking of moving a step down to SS as my losses aren't inspiring on SS+. My weigh in is Tuesday morning so depending on that result I'll decide whether to continue as I am or try a week of SS. I've been doing a lot of lurking on the forums this morning and found extra topics such as lone parents, family, relationships etc... so the time has passed quickly up to yet today. My kids made me a card and have brought me cups of tea in bed for Mothers Day but now I'm loosing weight & feeling better in myself I'm thinking I'd quite like a special man in my life. Watch this space :) How has your week been? xx

I think I may be getting addicted to the Peanut Crunch Bars, Chocolate Tetras and Tomato Soup, nothing else gets a look in. All of a sudden this week the Peanut Bars taste divine, I wonder if they've changed the recipe?

well done on your loss this week =D just had a catch up of your diary and you wrote how impatient you are to get to goal and maintain ha ha im kinda the same i also cant say i love being on this diet but it is becomming a way of life for me and i loved how you said in reality its just 5 months left it made me realise that if i lose the average stone a month its also only 5 months left for me which doe snot seem long at all WOW but i do wish i cud just sleep till then LOL i have mostly good days if im honest but do have the odd down day where i feel very sorry for myself in the past i wud eat now i drink water and kick my butt into going for a walk =D
Keep it up you are doing brilliantly x

Thanks Yolande, I see your doing very well a big well done to you :) yeh hopefully 5 months, some days it seems a life time away like today and others it seems like no time at all. It's definitely a way of life now like a habit I suppose as nothing that's not in the rules would ever pass my lips. I didn't think I'd ever manage to get this sheer determination and will power back having been a restarter from 2007. Only differences between now and first time round success are:

It came off quicker first time,
Had less to lose then,
I'm older & wiser :)
I'm doing SS+ this time whereas I did SS from start to finish last time without moving up the steps which I now know is not the rules,
And I'm doing it for me not for anyone else :)

Fingers crossed I make the stone a month every month, although I had a few very low losses I think I'm on track to get my 2nd stone off next weigh in which will be just over 7 weeks since I started. I'm on day 48 today.

Do you remember the cold Yolande from early days and first few weeks?
I notice that has improved massively for me, that was the worst thing. I have also noticed the bad taste in the mouth is much better. Anyway I'm off to catch up with your diary, enjoy the sun xx

Wow - what great progress you are making!!! You'll be well under 200 very soon! Congratulations! :)

well done dawn
you are really doing great
kaz :)

wow well done you all seem to be getting on really well so far xx good luck xx

Hello,
Ive just read through your dairy and wanted to say a BIG well done. Your doing so well and should be so proud of yourself, the fact that youve stayed on 100% is amazing!

I can understand what you mean about having low losses, but then as youve seen yourself either the next week or one after a good one happens! When I have a small loss I route through cupboards and get things out that weigh what ive lost eg a bag of sugar is 1 or 2 lbs!! Ive also when ended up really low got a backpack and put things in that equal the amount of weight ive lost then tried walking around in it.... Youll be amazed!! It just makes me think ive lost all this theres no way im going to put it on again and think how much more I can lose.

This is my second time on the diet, I have a weightloss diary and a thread in returners too if you want to have a spy. Last time I lost just over 2 stone and was working up the steps. I kept the weight off untill I had a very stressful month for many reasons and went crazy food wise, I put half a stone back on. SO Ive started back on again at the beginning and hope to lose 2 stone as my first goal, once Im there Im going to see how I feel about getting to an exciting weight and maybe losinng another stone ekkkk lol.

Anyway keep up the fantastic work x

Thank you Emma and thats a great idea putting your weightloss into a backpack. Well done :)

I feel loads better for losing some of the excess weight and still have some way to go. I won't be using Cambridge SS to complete my journey though. I have to see my dietician at the hospital every 3 months for blood tests etc... for my Coeliac disease. My bloods came back last week as still anaemic which was disappointing. She said I need to have red meat etc... daily and continue with the iron tablets which cause terrible constipation (TMI). I am pondering over my options which are follow the diet sheet given to me by my dietician, follow highest steps of CD or try something like slimming world. I must admit I haven't changed anything yet as I'm scared to eat after 10 weeks of 100% abstinence. I will though but probably best to introduce food slowly to avoid tummy aches. Strangely I'm craving lettuce, chicken & balsamic vinegar not junk so that's a positive. I'm also looking forward to exercising more easily, by that I mean walking in my local hills as I struggled a few weeks ago with burn out. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be a gym bunny when there's such lovely options for walking & fresh air etc... close by.

Obviously it wouldn't be fair for me to post here now as this part of the forum is for CD lower steps so a fond farewell to all who have supported me, to those I've shares conversations with and good luck & keep at it to all CDers :) I expect you'll see me round and about on the forums in general especially when I decide which option to choose. I'm leaning towards the diet sheets provided by my dietician so at the moment I'm not sure how I can incorporate that into the forums. I'll need to have a look around the sub categories after I've posted this. Thank you again for your support xxx xxx

Best of luck babe!
You do whatever is best for your health x

Back