Day 1 of a 16 week target

Hi Sam

I've done WW with good success but the 2 stone I lose in the spring I pile on in the winter. I don't have a sweet tooth but adore bread, cheese, wine and crisps. In fact I could happily eat those things all day everyday( not the wine...although haha) my friends are all 5ft 2 and 8-10 and I'm 5ft 9 and a 16-18 go I feel so unfeminine when we are out. So I've been giving it a wide berth, I realise avoidance isn't the answer. So here I am VLCD for the first time. I looked at cambridge diet but the price was a no go as I was made redundant at Xmas. So pleased to have found exante. Joining a local low cost gym at weekend. With annoyingly slim 6ft4 husband.

Our pharmacy in tesco didn't bat an eyelid... I think diabetic people request them as we'll as skimmers.xx

i just feel like a big blob ... i hold my weight on my top half ... i tend to wear 18/20 so next to my friends who are all 6/8 i look like a house!! I'm lucky for my weight i think i should really be a bigger dress size.

You are right - wide berth with friends isn't the key long term. but when you feel better about yourself your confidence will grow and you will feel like talking to people again... I am the same. Mine are all married with little kids. So it can be hard.

My fella is tall too - 6ft 1 .... doesn't put any weight on as he is an active builder ... so can eat a normal persons weeks shopping in a few days!! Think that hasn't helped with my portion sizes and number of meals/snacks.

You have like 20 weeks to loose 37lbs - to be honest i think you'll do it in about half that time if you stick to it without cheats etc. If you stay in ketosis you'll be laughing as the hunger doesn't really come back.

I've just measured myself and since monday i've lost 4 inches from my waist - it shows how much water etc you hold!!

Have a good afternoon x

Ah ha I found your diary! :D

You are definitely going to be successful on your goals, I just know it. Look forward to following your progress! :) xx

Hi Ed ... ha ha ... can't hide anywhere!! he he!!

Day 3 done ... just got home ...feeling good ... was getting dressed this morning and a dress i wear for work was tight last week ... as i put it on it felt different ... i got the tape measure out and already i've lost 3 inches from my middle!! just shows how much water we must hold normally.

I tried the soup tonight ... was ok ...wouldn't buy a box of it. loved the strawberry shake for lunch. Porridge seems to be setting me up for the day in the morning leaving me full and warm.

I finally got hold of the ketosis sticks after trying 3 places ... not 100% sure what i am looking for - any help anyone? It appear dark pink (Moyen, 0.4, 4, 40) do i need to be purple??

I also got the epsom bath salts to try ... woman looked at me weird in boots and said they are for constipation you know! (I couldn't be bothered explaining!)

Night everyone ... well done to you all today. Have enjoyed alot of posts today - thanks :)

Glad you've had a great day :)

a light pink is perfect on the stix. Darker pink is ok, Purple can indicate dehydration or too many ketones in the body - liver having trouble converting too many fat stores into energy/ketones and not flushing them out quick enough causing a kind of build up. Burning fat at a speedy pace with not enough water to help the process. Tbh I stopped using ketostix and testing quite early on because of mixed reviews. People say they aren't too reliable and the results should be taken with a pinch of salt on a TFR but some use them throughout, some don't :)

Night Hun you're doing fantastic! xx

Good God I'm struggling today ... I've drank an ocean and am sooooo cold!!!

Can get motivated or get on with my work!!!

Did another stick this morning so from what ED said I'm in ketosis! Yeah!!

How's everyone else's day?
Sam x

You'll feel so awesome tonight for staying strong and keeping on plan :) Do you have any Bouillon? Stock, but very little calories etc, Its good for a hot drink with a savoury kick! You only need a teeny bit of a spoonful because it is strong xx

Well done Sam....x

Home.... Done the house work. ... Heading for bath and bed. Other half not back from work yet so enjoying the quiet!!

I had a shake for breakfast rather than the porridge and i think that was the problem. Feel ok now. But I was in and out all day and did a lot of walking about (I work in property among many other things).

Tomorrow & for the next few weeks I'm covering my best mates card shop while she goes on holiday so hoping i will be ok tomorrow. I have to be there for 8.30 - 6 so I've got an early start. Plan to take lots of liquid with me.

X

You are doing really well hun :) Good Luck

3 inches already is brill. I'm still 100% but I must admit I'm starving.

im wearing bed socks during the day I'm that cold

Hi its a good news if you are feeling cold it means your kitosis has kicked in. yaaay time to melt some of that lard Lol :D Carry On Ladies we can do this.

Hi Harry, have you decided what you are doing re the diet? Are you feeling better now?
Sam x

Hi sam, thanks for your concern hun.Yeah I have started again.i am on this diet since August. My body is not taking this anymore. But I want to lose more.so far I have lost 3stones and 3stones more to go.i will do it,how are you doing honey? hope you have a lovely day.

Well what a day .... I have seen famous people getting 'paped' (who they were I couldn't tell you!) people (mainly men) arguing with traffic wardens for tickets on there ridiculously expensive sports cars, an old lady steeling a gift tag (i looked the other way and put £1 in the till because i didn't know what else to do!) i served a star from corrie and a witnessed a homeless man fighting with a drunk guy for calling him lazy!!

I have been in my friends card shop 8am -6.30pm in the city centre - tell you what you see all sorts!! She's gone on holiday so I am covering for her.

I have been home for nearly 4 hours and have just finished my admin work for today.... Time for bath, shake and bed.

Got to do it all again tomorrow!!!

I've had quiet a good day ... Had a bit of heart burn?! Is that normal??

Night all - sleep tight x

The Heart burn was normal for me hun not sure about others. you cannot put 1 pound from you in the till every day,its better to talk to the guilty person i know its not easy but that is part of the job.we have to let them know that they cant fool us. In tesco people do that a lot they give expensive thing to their kid to hold so that we cant scan it. i always ask them in a polite manner that you want me to scan that for you.Its not easy i know that but we cant just ignore it,you can do it hun.Have a lovely day hun :)

Day 6 ... Not 100% sure my diary is in the right place??

I'm in the shop today ... Very quiet.
Had a shake for breakfast ... Coffee ... Half way through a 2lt bottle of water.

Suns shining and I am looking forward to a relaxing night tonight as I've got a busy work day tomorrow.

I ordered a box of the nut bars late last night as I find them good at lunch time when I am not always near microwave, water and a loo!!
Conscious not to order too much stuff because of the sell/ best before dates etc

Everyone enjoying Saturday? X

Have a lovely Sunday hun :)

Hello everyone!!

I was fast asleep by 10.30 last night and had a good night sleep.

Spent the morning with the other half doing quotes ... That I now need to write up. Feel a bit tense as we did a bit of arguing about a customer. All ok now.

Had porridge, coffee, cold peppermint tea from the fridge and a good few pints of water. About to have a shake.

Excited about tomorrow's WI and starting week 2.

On reflection week one went rather well, felt like it went slowly but I did spent a lot of time on my own as I work from home a lot and the OH has been on a big job so not been getting home till really late.

Not getting bored of the products yet.

I find that when I make the porridge I mix it with boiling water gradually... Then cook it for 2 mins stirring it every 30 sec to get it thicker.

I tried the porridge biscuits and didn't like them ... Texture was strange and struggled to swallow them.

I enjoyed both types of bars - but have ordered a box of the nut ones due tomorrow.

Only had the Tai chicken soup so far & I have 1 veg soup to also try - the tai soup was ok - wont bother ordering a box.

I surprisingly enjoyed the banana milk shake and the strawberry milk shake (only ordered an individual pack of each to try).
Didn't order a vanilla - but noticed a lot of people say they are nice so I might try one.

Well I hope that everyone has had a good week and enjoy a good WI

Sam xx

Back