Day 1 of a 16 week target

Yes pay no attention to the ketostix honestly! I got caught up in that at the beginning but soon threw them out after people told me they are hit and miss, and shouldn't be relied on too much. I have not used one for goodness knows how many weeks now, and I am clearly in ketosis :)

You will be in ketosis, ignore the pesky sticks.

There are lots of things in H&B that people on VLCD use for constipation, something called husks or something? I'm not much help on that as I haven't taken anything but I now there are deffo things you can use!

You are doing so so well, such a busy bee. Well done Hun you should feel really proud of yourself. The weight is going to fall off you xx

PS: I have had days before with way too much Coke Zero and it never affected my losses. I have a glass or two a night now, some just have the one, others more. I wouldn't worry too much about that really aslong as you're having the water! The one and one thing that affected my weight loss was too much exercise on not enough calories, thats when i had a 1lb loss, so I cut it right down. But again, it could happen to me again with no reason so I wouldn't analyse anything too much n these diets, stick to what you're doing and go with the flow. It will come off xx

Well seems I may not be in ketosis...weighed in and only 2 pound off. I know its a loss and it is TOTM but disappointing for first weigh in and and how hungry I am. Given me a kick up the tush for this week!!x

Well seems I may not be in ketosis...weighed in and only 2 pound off. I know its a loss and it is TOTM but disappointing for first weigh in and and how hungry I am. Given me a kick up the tush for this week!!x

Morning hun,
Try and not be too disheartened ... It's a loss and I am sure you'll have a big shed next week.
Maybe your body has been a bit confused this week.
I know it's really upsetting ... But you have done so well returning to the plan.
Try and drink loads of water to curb the hunger.
Hope you are feeling ok and have a good weekend xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Ed.

I saw a loss on the scales this morning ... So hoping for 3lb on Mondays WI.

Xx

Morning sam, next week gonna be good loss hun. Keep it up, Carry on....

Day 13.

Seems strange as the 1st few days really drag and I now can't believe I'm approaching my 3rd week.

For all those just starting ... Don't give up - it gets easier and becomes part of your life. You get a little routine and it adapts well to a busy life style.

I am now starting to look forward to my 30th birthday ... I am excited to get some nice clothes and hopefully have a little holiday to see my OH son in Marbella.

Weigh in on Monday ... Aiming for 3lb loss.

Hope everyone is ok and doing well xx

Thanks Sam!! I'm over the poor loss as you say its a loss!! Been fell walking this morning and I'm shattered...more so cos of this diet I feel but stuck to it even when OH was eating mars bar n cake for energy (lucky lanky bugger)!! Came back and done another test if the sticks after yesterday's neutral and I'm very dark purple...in the zone!!! So Im determined now.
Just been reading your loss on a cheeky weigh in...well done you!!!toure doing brilliantly on the diet!!x

If it's very dark purple you need to drink more water hon, that means you're dehydrated, but otherwise yes you're in ketosis :) I'm exhausted just from walking around the shopping centre this morning, the idea of fell walking seems impossible, well done for that, even if you were tired.

Thank you!!! My legs are feeling it now though!! It was the second darkest one on the ketostix and I'm keeping on top if drinking so might have just been with being pooped!!
Quiet night and two packs to look forward too!! Hope its going well for you jael001 x

Evening Ladies!!

Jody - bloody hell... Where do you get your energy from! So glad you are reading purple! It can only mean a weight loss from here on in ... Hope you have a nice evening.

Jael - hope your shopping trip was productive & that you enjoy Mother's Day with your daughter tomorrow :)

I've Just returned home from work and am wrapping Mother's Day gifts for OH's Mum & Granny. (Already given mine to my Mum and Grandma because they both live a distance away!)

Looking forward to a long soak in the bath with a yankee candle (red cherry) and some tv ... Can't face much else! (House looks like a bomb has gone off but I can tackle that next week!)

I've got a few hours work to do tomorrow, but plan a lazy one the rest of the time.

OH not home from work yet so house is quiet ... Just been sat thinking what it will feel like on week 16 .... Near my target - feel very good about it all! Hope the following 14 weeks snowball by!!!

Happy Mother's Day for all tomorrow

Sam xx

Hey Sam, enjoy your soak in the bath. I dont bath, mine is too small, I get wedged, it's not pleasant, so I just shower. My bathroom is a wreck, I had a combi boiler in there that needed replacing so I decided to move it into the kitchen so now I have a huge gaping hole in the wall to a boxed in area that houses upstairs soil pipe. Anyway, I've decided to rip the whole thing out and turn the bathroom into a shower room since I never bath anyway and my daughter rarely does. I'm going to make it really smart looking with fitted furniture and my tiny little bathroom might end up being somewhere I like spending time instead of avoiding. But right now a long soak with a book and a scented candle sounds wonderful. I love the Yankee Candles, I have one that's called Christmas Cookie and it smells amazing, like vanilla and sugar. I dont often light it, I just keep it on my desk and sniff it lol.

Shopping was ok, we went to Pret for lunch, daughter had a sandwich, I had a bar and a bottle of water. I couldnt find anything for my mum, it was really hard, so ended up just getting her some fancy hand creams and I'll pick up flowers tomorrow. My daughter seemed to have spent all the money I gave her, she got something for me and something for my mum too. By the time I got home I was ready for a nap, no energy at all. I'm having a Boullion now as need something savoury.

Day 13.

Seems strange as the 1st few days really drag and I now can't believe I'm approaching my 3rd week.

For all those just starting ... Don't give up - it gets easier and becomes part of your life. You get a little routine and it adapts well to a busy life style.

absolutely TRUE.

how exciting about the holiday Hun! Fingers crossed for your 3lbs xx

Day 14!!

Struggled today and feel hungry. Drank lots. Had a bar mid day,Made a shake into hot chocolate for a late lunch and then just made another Into a custard pudding thing for tea.

Did my work first thing.

Ended up getting a sunrise visit from my mum, grandma and Aunty. Which was nice.

Then went to visit other halves Mum and Granny.

Weigh in tomorrow.
Feel a bit glum tonight and fed up.

Bath & bed I think.

Hope everyone is ok and had a nice day xx

Sorry its been a hard day for you Sam. You're doing a lot at the moment so not surprised you're tired and hungry!! Have yourself a chill out night and early to bed...I'll be following my own advice as I'm knackered today but sat filling in application form for new job....new body new job I'm thinking...ambitious really but get nowhere without trying!!
Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in!!x

Sorry its been a hard day for you Sam. You're doing a lot at the moment so not surprised you're tired and hungry!! Have yourself a chill out night and early to bed...I'll be following my own advice as I'm knackered today but sat filling in application form for new job....new body new job I'm thinking...ambitious really but get nowhere without trying!!
Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in!!x

Thanks Jody....
Think we all have off days hey!?!

I miss not seeing my mum as often.... Made me miss her seeing her this morning. (We have always been very close and worked together for 3 years.)

Ohhhh good luck with the job front - it's amazing the confidence we get when we start slimming. All positive ... Onwards and up!

I hope to see something off tomorrow ... Think I need to purchase some new scales this week ... Have noticed them playing up this week

Xx

Well week 3 here i come.... WI 3.5lb off (i wanted between 3-4lb! :) )

So i've lost my first stone!! Wohooo!!

Good luck to everyone else who has WI today :)

Morning Sam!

Wow well done!!! So pleased for you :D Hope you have a great day xx

Thanks Ed,

Just hoping that I'm in the swing of it now. Planning to go to the gym at some point this week to see how I get on.

Need to buy myself some new scales today

Hope you have a nice day xx

So I've just been to do the banking and send some money to Spain for other halves little lads birthday party next saturday and i went and bought myself some new scales ... I think there is a difference of 1-2lb, it's hard to tell till the morning because its mid day.

I also went on the big scales in Boots that measures everything ... Again that was mid day & I was fully dressed with boots on my feet. It said 16.5, ( this morning i had a coffee, shake and water. So wasn't expecting my morning weight.)
What surprised me was I am actually taller than I thought .. 5ft 5! (Again it could have been the boots!!)

We're having crazy weather ... It keeps snowing!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day xx

Back