Day 1 thru Day 7 of refeed

Gaz - I'm mega impressed with the menus! I have looked up EVERY possible way to cook a chicken breast at this stage and still haven't decided how I'm going to do it Fri night!!!!

I have my son planting me a herb garden! (He is into gardening!) I am a crap cook but planning on changing that!

My first meal on refeed was 4oz chicken fillet coated in some black pepper and baked in the oven with a little water, slice it up and mix it thru a salad with some balsalmic vinegar, delish! Might have it tomorrow!

Gaz - I'm mega impressed with the menus! I have looked up EVERY possible way to cook a chicken breast at this stage and still haven't decided how I'm going to do it Fri night!!!!

I have my son planting me a herb garden! (He is into gardening!) I am a crap cook but planning on changing that!

Me too I cant cook but Ilove playing and learning. I would normally nuke the chicken but the BBQ was awesome espescially with the fromage frais on top mmmmmmmmm x

thanks for posting your refeed menu gaz
i must just say i'm now looking forward to your sunday WI more than my own on sat.
was dreading the thought of refeed but you have somehow made it seem less daunting

Glad you are pet cos im not looking forward to it one bit lol xx

Gary you are gonna have lost - believe in yourself!

you'll do just fine i'm sure of that, I've got the George foreman at the ready for my refeed week so picking up some inspiration from your menus. not too sure about the salmon but will give it a try (detest all fish) roll on sunday and goood luck gaz

Day 5 and just gets better

Today I have had a rather spicey day, as you will see, but it as been so worth it. While I was on LT I always watched the cooking programmes and now im copying some of these ideas.
DAY 5
Breakfast
Yep you guessed it, same as.
Lunch
Well to be honest I was not mad hungry, but as I was going out this afternoon so I decided to make a small Kebab type sandwich. I heated one wholemeal pitta bread and sliced an opening along its length then placed inside some spinach and crispy lettuce, 1 sliced small chalotte, 1 chopped spring onion, 2 sliced baby toms, 1/4 fresh chopped red pepper, 1/2 fresh chopped red chilli.
The 6oz chicken fillet was nuked to start then cut length ways into 2" strips and placed in a moulded aluminim foil tray to which I added a marinade of Paprika,tandoori masala, turmeric, salt and pepper,lemon juice, a splash of rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, a little chilli sauce, 2 chopped cloves of garlic. I made sure all the chicken was covered and place it under the grill for 7 minutes. I wanted it charred to add crispiness.
When done it all went into the pitta and spilled onto the plate with a moderate drizzle of fromage frais to cool..... Gorge!
I finished with a ww rasberry yogurt.
Dinner
Again I did the spicy option and went for vegetables as before, peas, green beans, spinach, broccolli I also added 2 small beetroots.
With these I had a 5oz baked potato with fromage frais, a 6oz cod fillet, which I placed in a dish and lightly spreaded with Dijon mustard then sprinkled on salt and pepper, lemon juice, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 3 chopped red jalapinos slices a drizzle of oyster sauce, a drizzle of worcestershire sauce and a splash of soy sauce and placed under the grill for 3 minutes each side and served with a sprinkling of fresh out of the garden chives and 1 finely chopped mint leaf.
Hot and spicy cod what can I say its ace!
Again to finish I had ww strawberry yogurt.
Today I will have done 6 litres of water and I also had 1 satsuma between lunch and dinner.

Last edited:
your meals sound so yum can you come and cook for me when i start the refeed pleaseeeeeeee x

Eat your heart out Jamie Oliver lol
Garry you've not a thing to worry about for sunday!!!
I was crappin myself on my first week of refeed and i lost in the end!

Garry are you sure you were not a Chef in a former life:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Day 6 refeed

Back to work tomorrow so I guess my menus wont be as extravagant as of late. Must say I am really enjoying all the prep work. I am also now an expert on knowing where everything is in Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's lol.
DAY 6
Breakfast
Same again and I really, really like the bar now.
Lunch
Well I went proper daft today and went to the fresh fish counter (never been there before) and decided to do grilled squid and scallop kababs with sliced courgette and pre-grilled mushroom pieces skewered and marinated in soy sauce, rice vinegar(splash),balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mixed in some rosemary, cumin, and parsley, then a light coating of honey to create a glazed finish as well as taste. I had this with a salad of crispy lettuce, 1 small chalotte, 2 small chopped spring onions, 1/4 green pepper diced, 4 baby toms, 1/2 finely chopped green chilli and topped with watercress and chives. With 1 4oz jacket and fromage frais and garlic.
Finished with a ww blackcherry yogurt.
Dinner
I decided to have the spag bol but I used Quorn mince and whole wheat spagetti, I put in 1/2 onion a few chopped mushrooms 1/4 of yellow pepper, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 green chilli and all mixed into 1/2 a jar of ww tomato sauce.
Now for the strange bit which I would never have done before, but, I thought there was too much so I have saved half for tomrrow dinner and while I sat and ate it and sort of enjoyed it I couldnt eat it all so I actually left some and binned it, now that was odd to me because like many others here, lets be honest we would have shoveled it down, so I feel quite good about that.
I finished with a strwberry ww yogurt.
today I have had 5 litres of water.

really loving your post fattothin but not sure I can read anymore of the mouth watering descriptions of food...its killing me!!! I have 2 stone to lose before I can even think of refeeding:cry:

Ur menus are so crisp clean and easy. I bet if we opened ur fridge now it would put anyone to shame. Ive wrote a few notes off ur thread 2 help me with the weekly shopping 2mro. The family won't know what hit them cause our house is meat, spuds and 2 veg 6 days a week.
Thanks 4 ur help Gary.

Well I had my first meal tonight and Gaz I see what you mean about not wanting to brush your teeth after it!!!!! Still enjoying the flavour! What I am amazed about is that I was so full from it!!!! I really can't believe it!!! Feeling much happier about it all now!

I am taking some of your hints on cod for tomorrows lunch! Hmmmmm! Roll on lunch!

Day 7

And its finally day 7 and it as flown by. I can say its been the most enjoyable food week ever, even though basic it was just what the Dr ordered, so I reckon refeed week 2 will be just be a repeat of week 1.
DAY 7
Breakfast
You know by now!
Lunch
Well it was basic today but tastey, I just had a salad of crispy lettuce, 1 small chalotte, 1/2 of pepper, 2 spring onions, water cress, parsley and chives. With this I had salmon with lemon, salt and pepper, all drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Also 1 wholemeal pitta.
finished with a ww peach yogurt.
Dinner
It was the same Bolognaise left over from last night which tasted much better after letting it sit for 24hrs. With this I had a green salad leafs and a couple of small beetroot with a 5oz jacket potato.
Finished with a cherry yogurt.
I also had 5 litres of water today.

So thats it now I reckon, as I mentioned earlier, next week will be just the same, as will week 3.
Weigh in tomorrow which im still a bit worried about...... I will let you know!:confused:

Last edited:
Good luck for tomorrow hun..although, i am sure you wont need it xx

good luck tomorrow hun not that your gonna need it x

Back