day 1!

................yes but I think what happens is you go straight to the cruise terminal in Barbados. I'm not sure if you get anytime there. Check it out though and let me know. It would be great if we could meet up. xx You will have a fab time though the Caribbean is wonderful and if you don't get to see Barbados you must go back as it is fabulous.
No i am in barbados for 2 nights im 100% of that then so on for the other islands. Well im thinking Thomas Cook will send me an update travel itinerary very soon and will defo let u know.!!

OH GOD how exciting i just need to shift this fat then i can be even more happier lol.x

lol lol sorry sarah x

Hi blossom!! And good luck for today!! It's my second day today an I feel a bit foggy but still determined, I just come on here when I am wobbling a bit. X

Hi blossom!! And good luck for today!! It's my second day today an I feel a bit foggy but still determined, I just come on here when I am wobbling a bit. X

hi hun
well done on getting through your first day,
i think coming on here is the best thing to do if your wobbling,i know its something i need to do,as this site is just amazing,and im sure it will help when im feeling poop!
i already have a headache but i know its because iv cut down on sugar and caffeine in the last few days to make things easier on myself for this diet.
keep up the good work and goodluck xxx

Thanks Teetiefunk for getting us back on track after hiijacking this lovely ladies thread:cry:Shanny let me know and we'll arrange something. xx

Yeah, don't bother with the ketostix or whatever they're called - No point really. As someone said, if you're drinking/eating 3 of the Exante products a day, the weight will come off. It's simple maths innit bruv. Forget all the weird stuff about glucose etc. Look. Your bod needs over 2000 cals a day in order for you to, well, survive. As a male, it's estimated to be more like 2,500. If you're only necking 600 cals a day, your body is having to start burning those stores of grim, sludgy, ugly, nasty, horrible fat in order to keep you upright. Urinating on some sticks isn't going to speed the process up. Also, a lot of the signs of 'ketosis' never happened to me even though I was losing around 5-6ibs a week. For instance, I was told my breath would smell of, er, pear drops. It didn't. I don't think. Someone said I should notice white things in my pee. I didn't examine the stuff, but I never saw anything like that. However, I DID, to be fair, feel surprisingly energetic a lot of the time and was sleeping a lot less.

What really concerns me on this forum is when you have posts like: "I've been SO GOOD this week and have only lost half a pound and it's P----G ME OFF! Ok, I slipped up a bit on Thursday evening when I had a triple cheeseburger and fries followed by three quarters of a Sara Lee Chocolate gateaux, but I knocked it down with a Vanilla Exante, and whilst I went out on a treble-bender at the weekend and probably overdid it by having fourteen double vodka and Red Bulls followed by a kebab on the way home, I'VE BEEEEEEN SOOOOO GOOD OTHERWISE..."

This diet is clearly very 'all or nothing.' Even the odd kebab here and thre will throw you off the wagon. I know; it sort of happened to me, although it was more linked to a craving for 'a life' than food.... In fact, as I already mentioned, once the first 2 or 3 days went, my thoughts of food sort of disappeared, probably because I wasn't getting any (food, that is).

....You need to start finding other things to do with your spare time when you're on this diet, I think.... (some advice I need to start taking myself). Good luck.

Legend I love how candid you are! Brilliant!

Yeah, don't bother with the ketostix or whatever they're called - No point really. As someone said, if you're drinking/eating 3 of the Exante products a day, the weight will come off. It's simple maths innit bruv. Forget all the weird stuff about glucose etc. Look. Your bod needs over 2000 cals a day in order for you to, well, survive. As a male, it's estimated to be more like 2,500. If you're only necking 600 cals a day, your body is having to start burning those stores of grim, sludgy, ugly, nasty, horrible fat in order to keep you upright. Urinating on some sticks isn't going to speed the process up. Also, a lot of the signs of 'ketosis' never happened to me even though I was losing around 5-6ibs a week. For instance, I was told my breath would smell of, er, pear drops. It didn't. I don't think. Someone said I should notice white things in my pee. I didn't examine the stuff, but I never saw anything like that. However, I DID, to be fair, feel surprisingly energetic a lot of the time and was sleeping a lot less.

What really concerns me on this forum is when you have posts like: "I've been SO GOOD this week and have only lost half a pound and it's P----G ME OFF! Ok, I slipped up a bit on Thursday evening when I had a triple cheeseburger and fries followed by three quarters of a Sara Lee Chocolate gateaux, but I knocked it down with a Vanilla Exante, and whilst I went out on a treble-bender at the weekend and probably overdid it by having fourteen double vodka and Red Bulls followed by a kebab on the way home, I'VE BEEEEEEN SOOOOO GOOD OTHERWISE..."

This diet is clearly very 'all or nothing.' Even the odd kebab here and thre will throw you off the wagon. I know; it sort of happened to me, although it was more linked to a craving for 'a life' than food.... In fact, as I already mentioned, once the first 2 or 3 days went, my thoughts of food sort of disappeared, probably because I wasn't getting any (food, that is).

....You need to start finding other things to do with your spare time when you're on this diet, I think.... (some advice I need to start taking myself). Good luck.

loved your post,and your so right,im not gonna bother with the sticks,im gonna have my 3 exante meals,drink lots of water,exercise and not moan if i get hungry! god your good :) lol thankyou xx

loved your post,and your so right,im not gonna bother with the sticks,im gonna have my 3 exante meals,drink lots of water,exercise and not moan if i get hungry! god your good :) lol thankyou xx
are u doing exercise chick? do u fancy doing zumba with me? x

Just went down to the kebab van. Had an extra-large donner with fries but told the Turk behind the counter to hold back on the mayo as it's full of cals. It's Ok because after I finished it, I had an Exante cereal bar for dessert.

How can I tell if my 'slip up' has put me out of ketosis?

Not really. 'ere, Teetie, you're a Scottish girl...Have you heard about this kebab house in Scotland that is said to sell this infamous kebab called "a stoner"? It's deep fried and if you eat one a week, you're guaranteed to put on a stone. Apparantly.

Just wondering....

What's everyone's thoughts on the tomato and basil Exante shake? Hate that one. I'm thinking of having a 'Tomato and Basil' week just to clear the stocks of the f------g stuff as I have about 40 sachets sitting under my bed, untouched. I can't see why the people who produce this Exante stuff can't knock out some new flavours. A Space Raiders flavour (10p a sachet) would be great, or how about a, er, kebab one? Imagine that.

"Stoner Kebab Exante Shake flavour."

Nice.

are u doing exercise chick? do u fancy doing zumba with me? x

zumba?is that like a dance class?if so iv probably not got the confidence,i definitely should stay away from any form of dancing as its just embarrassing ,but i definitely want to do some exercising with you!! are you free thursday night? come join me at the swimming baths!:) xxxx

zumba?is that like a dance class?if so iv probably not got the confidence,i definitely should stay away from any form of dancing as its just embarrassing ,but i definitely want to do some exercising with you!! are you free thursday night? come join me at the swimming baths!:) xxxx
hahaaha yep a dance class it's ace really is.!! i dont like swimming lol my gym is LA Fitness in town.. as i know i have to go weekly cuz of the cost.x

you no confidence i dont believe that sarah :D:D:p

unfortunately i dont have enough confidence to dance unless lots of malibu is involved and obviously that is forbidden lol how can you not like swimming?!?! :eek: its easy and just soooo relaxing,when he gets warmer we shall go running hehe xx

Hi Blossom and all, I'm on day 1 too - half a hot banana down this morning, another half shortly. I've reset my stats and got me a brand new ticker :)
Re: dancing - I do, but (unless vodka'd up) only in the privacy of my own home, to the mirth of my kids! x

I was intrigued by Zumba and googled it...............it looks fun. I have just e-mailed to see if there is spaces at a course near me. I will let you know how it goes. xx

zumba is the way forward Bernice it's so much fun and fab for toning up too. i noticed results in my waist but now ive eaten mince pies last month the slim waist has disappered already. (SAD TIMES) lol

sarah yep running will start very soon my lovely... x

Hi Blossom and all, I'm on day 1 too - half a hot banana down this morning, another half shortly. I've reset my stats and got me a brand new ticker :)
Re: dancing - I do, but (unless vodka'd up) only in the privacy of my own home, to the mirth of my kids! x

was the banana nice hot?my first shake i done cold just to be on the safe side,i think i did them two thick,gonna add more water next time! dancing scares me soo much lol,

also,what are the soups like guys???i do intend on having one in a few hours but please tell me they are nice! which one is your favourite ??xxx

I think the exercise stuff is good, but you need to build up slowly (if you're not alreayd used to doing exercise) as a vlcd means you're not getting that many calories! So don't decide January is when you're going to start running a marathon, as you'll probably just faint. But doing some gentle swimming or dance or something sounds great :)

Lol Legend, loved your post, so true. If you follow this diet it works, if you try and mix and match it with alcohol, kebabs, biscuits etc... it's just a world of pain... and surprise surprise, it doesn't work!

I've never bothered with the ketostix, as the others say, if you follow it, you know you're in ketosis. However, I have been a bit obsessed with checking on the scales!

The vegetable and mushroom soups are nice. They actually have a pretty decent, creamy undertaste. Mrs Baxer's job isn't in any danger or anything like that, but they don't 'taste' like you might expect diet-shakes-designed-for-obese-people to taste.

The tomato and basil is a bit harsher. It isn't horrible but just isn't as, well, nice. Others - presumably those who like tomato and basil - might disgagree. But there is nothing amongst those Exante products that I could deem as 'horrible.'

also,what are the soups like guys???i do intend on having one in a few hours but please tell me they are nice! which one is your favourite ??xxx

Im not so keen on the vegetable soup, but the tomato and the mushroom are nice, the chicken I can take or leave

Back