DAY 1

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
Hello gorgeous ss-ers! I'm starting ss today - have been faffing around with my weight and dieting for the longest time and i now feel in the right head space to ditch my flabby gut and shop for sexy size 12's! So am jumping on the ss train! CHOO CHOO!!!

Been out to get a new blender - with ice crushing setting - have bottles of water chilling in the fridge & ice trays are full in the freezer! My stomach has started to grumble already but i am reasurring myself that its a good thing as my stomach is preparing to eat itself! lol

Am off to see my new CDC tonight (she sounds nice via email) and am already window shopping on ebay for some gorgeous new threads! (listen to me eh, I'm so with it! :cool:)

Wish me luck people, although i won't need it because i'm gonna be awesome!! ROFL!!

Hi welcome! So your going to be doing SS? Me too, have you done the Cambridge Diet before? Hopefully your first days wont be too bad. sometimes people get pretty bad headches before they go into ketosis.

Youll be fine, keep your water close. Wish you the best of luck *hugs*

Thanks lovey! Yeah did CD before but that was a 2 kids and a few pounds ago! I have my water at the ready - am already peeing for England and have some nurofen on stand-by just incase the headaches drive my family too insane. (i think i was a tad grumpy last time!) Have tried SW recently but think taking food out of the equation for a while, get my head down and get this weight off asap is the way to go. Plus i have a VIP Overtones ticket for October and while i know three of them are gay i'd still like to be wearing summat sexy! lol

Thanks lovey! Yeah did CD before but that was a 2 kids and a few pounds ago! I have my water at the ready - am already peeing for England and have some nurofen on stand-by just incase the headaches drive my family too insane. (i think i was a tad grumpy last time!) Have tried SW recently but think taking food out of the equation for a while, get my head down and get this weight off asap is the way to go. Plus i have a VIP Overtones ticket for October and while i know three of them are gay i'd still like to be wearing summat sexy! lol

HA HA :D I soo look forward to following your progress and seeing you shed the lbs :)

Good luck Rayven - hang in there, sure you know first days are hell, after that it's downhill, if you can avoid the biscuit tin!!

if you can avoid the biscuit tin!!

Ate all the biscuits last night! lol

Good Luck. You sound prepared!! :)

Hi - I think we're on the same stage? I started on Thursday so am just starting day 3?

The first day I found hard, but yesterday wasn't too bad...

I have 3 stone to lose and a photoshoot in September, so I'm hoping I can get on top of this by then!

Good luck to you!

Hi Mystic! Yeah i started Thursday too so am on day 3 today. Thursday was ok, i did struggle a bit yesterday but only because my Soup was AWFUL! So far so good today!
I've got 5 and a half stone to lose, so am hoping for a FAB loss this week to keep me going. If i've lost under half a stone i think i'll be rather gutted baring in mind how much i have to lose. Good luck with it. Keep me informed how you're doing. xx

Hi Rayven

We should def stay in touch!

I've found today hard too actually. I think I was lulled into a false sense of security yesterday when I did fine, but today, i've been really hungry. Feel a lot like I did when I quit smoking! Argh!

I hope this gets easier. I found myself digging out my old photo's from when I lost 5 stone on SW in 2002 to remind myself why I'm doing this...

It will get easier... right?!

DAY FOUR!!! WOOHOO!!!!
I spent most of yesterday afternoon trawling through pages of size 12's on Ebay to inspire me not to eat! Did the trick and I'm starting today feeling really positive!

Good luck with today hun - i have been told that the first weekend is the toughest - if we get through this the rest will be easy!! ;-)

Rayven said:
DAY FOUR!!! WOOHOO!!!!
I spent most of yesterday afternoon trawling through pages of size 12's on Ebay to inspire me not to eat! Did the trick and I'm starting today feeling really positive!

Good luck with today hun - i have been told that the first weekend is the toughest - if we get through this the rest will be easy!! ;-)

Thanks! Well today I went to a family tea and sat there eating nothing. I left feeling very proud of myself. My weigh in is tomorrow. According to my scales I think I've lost about 4-4.5 lb in the 5 days (consultant changed my weigh in day).

I have a question, have you been told sweeteners are ok? Or diet drinks?

Hope you've had a good one!

DAY FIVE!!!
:talk017:
Am super pleased i'e made it this far!

Was on a high yesterday - think i've made it to 'the zone'!
Well done for not caving yesterday - Keep your eyes on the prize! I've even ordered some size 16 joe browns jeans (from ebay) in a bid to keep myself inspired - they're a way off from the size 12 i want to be, but one step at a time!!
Good luck with your weight in later. Got everything crossed for you! xx

I have a question, have you been told sweeteners are ok? Or diet drinks?

Sorry, forgot about this. lol
My cdc says tablet sweeteners are fine, i've been having mine in black tea all week! (makes a change from water) As for the diet drinks, you're not supposed to have them as the citric acid stimulates your stomach and can make you hungry - they also claim that depending on your own tolerances it can knock you out of ketosis - however my own personal view is that if having a diet coke keeps you on track then one every so often can't hurt. Anything that keeps you going in my opinion - but then i'm not a cdc.

Rayven said:
Sorry, forgot about this. lol
My cdc says tablet sweeteners are fine, i've been having mine in black tea all week! (makes a change from water) As for the diet drinks, you're not supposed to have them as the citric acid stimulates your stomach and can make you hungry - they also claim that depending on your own tolerances it can knock you out of ketosis - however my own personal view is that if having a diet coke keeps you on track then one every so often can't hurt. Anything that keeps you going in my opinion - but then i'm not a cdc.

I think that coke zero was better as it has a different acid? But I would really like a diet coke now! :p

Thanks Rayven.

Well I weighed in tonight... 5lb off! Wooohooo! Not bad for 5 days. That's 1lb per day... keep it coming!

When do you weigh in?

Well done hun! Keep it going!

I weigh in Thursday morning. Had a sneeky peek this morning and looks like i'm on for a whopping loss but i'm not counting my chickens as my CDCs scales may weigh slightly different to mine.
Another day down. Two to go for our first ss full week! YAY!!!!

Love the sound of a whopping loss!!! Well done :)

Are you on 3 or 4 packs a day?

I'm 5ft 3in and I was told to do 4, but I suspect I should only be doing 3...

Back