Day 1

Morning

Yay to feeling happy! :D

That feeling of no hunger must be great! I tried a vcld last year but I was still not in Ketosis after 5 days!! I couldn't handle the hunger anymore. In hindsight I think I had too much caffeine as I've recently seen on here that can slow down getting into ketosis. I could never put myself through 5 days of torture like that again though to see if that theory is correct! lol xx

Morning

Yay to feeling happy! :D

That feeling of no hunger must be great! I tried a vcld last year but I was still not in Ketosis after 5 days!! I couldn't handle the hunger anymore. In hindsight I think I had too much caffeine as I've recently seen on here that can slow down getting into ketosis. I could never put myself through 5 days of torture like that again though to see if that theory is correct! lol xx

Not sure if caffeine affects ketosis its all about previous amounts of carbs consumed converting into glycogen stores in the liver. I drink loads of caffeine in coffee and coke zero. I think because I've been doing alternate up and downs followed by zero cals on downs and two zero cals down days. I'm presuming my weekly carb intake has been quite low thrusting me into K. Happy to be here if by accident. Who cares!!! I've stuffed steak, mushrooms, salad, blue cheese sauce and enjoyed every mouthful. :-D

How much coke zero do u drink? I think i have a drinking problem (none alcoholic lol)
I go into K very very easily too, i will prob be in light K after my second DD, but i dont like being in it, makes my hair fall out lol
Youl be having like an Atkins day on ur UD then :-D xx

Last edited:
Well I did 5 days of exante so no carbs other than the small amount in the exante packs & bars. I drank coke zero, water and coffee. I didn't get in ketosis as it was hell! I was so hungry lol Felt quite dizzy on day 5 out shopping with my daughter so gave in and had a sandwich
I guess vlcd's are just not for me :)

Your lunch sounds amazing :) x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well I did 5 days of exante so no carbs other than the small amount in the exante packs & bars. I drank coke zero, water and coffee. I didn't get in ketosis as it was hell! I was so hungry lol Felt quite dizzy on day 5 out shopping with my daughter so gave in and had a sandwich
I guess vlcd's are just not for me :)

Your lunch sounds amazing :) x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Everyone is different ive heard some people taking 6-7 days for ketosis. I could never be that hungry and go that long!!!!

Yes! 10,7.8 after UD. I was fretting because I almost ate a whole block of stilton. I kept going out to kitchen cutting off chunks and before I knew it only the rind was left.:p I checked the cals and it was 800 for the block.

DD today and tomorrow for weigh on Sunday. I'm excited now. I'm getting into the swing of doing double DDs so think I will carry on that way.

Once I get back into the 9s will drop to 3. Then if I ever dare believe that I will get into the 8s then maintenance at 5:2 ( I eat too much to be able to do 6:1)

Woo well done!!! So whats ur plan now? How.many DD and UDs? Xx

Hey. Found your diary at last. Thought I should return the favour seeing as you are nearly the only person to post on mine. Lol

i don't get into ketosis easily. I lost 5 stone on Cambridge 5 years ago and the sticks said I was never in ketosis. Even my consultant couldn't believe it, so I spent the whole 8 months starving hungry.

Do you only cut out wheat carbs or potatoes and pasta too? Think I may try that.

Woo well done!!! So whats ur plan now? How.many DD and UDs? Xx

4 DDs and 3 UDs for now until I see the 9s again I'm on a mission. Im proper happy right now. I wonder if that's the ketosis euphoria talking or just me? Anyway just been out on a long dog walk then working til late tonight. :-D

Hey. Found your diary at last. Thought I should return the favour seeing as you are nearly the only person to post on mine. Lol

i don't get into ketosis easily. I lost 5 stone on Cambridge 5 years ago and the sticks said I was never in ketosis. Even my consultant couldn't believe it, so I spent the whole 8 months starving hungry.

Do you only cut out wheat carbs or potatoes and pasta too? Think I may try that.

Omg never in ketosis, how the Hell did you survive that? I fail miserably after two days of being hungry let alone 8 months. 5 stone is amazing loss on VLCD. Have you put much back on?

10.7.3 didn't do a DD yesterday, had a really hectic day with work and was so tired so decided to have an UP. Today is a DD and tomorrow weigh in.

Good luck for tomorrow :) xx

Hope today went well. Good luck for tomorrow.

Back